• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruff

Now we have programs where people can instantly tele to a rare pokemon co-ords and back super fast without being softbanned to catch them.

Fuck this, the game and what little there is to do in it is basically killed at this point unless they all get banned yesterday.

zroid

Banned
I havent felt this lucky in a long while. 10km egg just hatched my first dratini with 25 candy. I just need 100 more candy for a dragonite, so that wont be happening anytime soon.

Is there a way to report other players? Theres this dude with atleast 3 2k+cp dragonites around my area. I just cant believe he managed that in a legit way

Edit: theres this spawn area 1min walk from my office that seems to spawn charmanders on a regular bases. I get 1-2 daily, hopefully in less than two weeks I will have a charizard

I caught a Dragonair the other day but I still haven't seen a Dratini :(

and still waiting for my 2nd 10k egg (first was a Magmar).

I asked this before, but how do you put your Pokemon in a gym owned by your team? I only see the option to fight them, and when I do I hurt the gyms rank

EL CUCO

Straight up just walked out on a show I was watching with my wife to run to the corner and catch an Exegguter. Yelled "I gotta catch a Pokémon" as I ran out. Lolol

This game.

Bastard took all my 20 great balls too, but I got him on the last one.

Sephend

I asked this before, but how do you put your Pokemon in a gym owned by your team? I only see the option to fight them, and when I do I hurt the gyms rank

You actually raise the rank winning against your own team. Raising the prestige is how you unlock more slots for the gym to deposit Pokemon, up to 10 maximum.

If the gym belongs to your team there should be a button to add your pokemon on the bottom left (opposite the fight one)
Also, fighting your own gym should improve its reputation. I don't know of any way you can hurt your own team's gym... you're sure you picked the team you think you did? XD

Ruff

You can add one more pokemon per gym level. If you fight them, it's a friendly fight that increases your teams gym level so more can be added.

Growlie19

Pokevision alerted me to a Tauros nearby, so here I was walking outside around 11PM finding the stupid thing. Now I'm at 63 caught! I also caught another Shellder on the way, which was nice.

catch of the MOTHERFUCKIN DAY!!!!!

Coa6bZsWYAASKod.jpg

so I was sitting waiting for m bus to come(had like 40 min to wait) so a popped 3 lures around me to see what I get nothing really was coming except oddly a strange amount of magikarps! I was battling this pesky magikarp when someone yells out "OMG!!! Gyarados!!!" I immediately back out of the fight to see this beast chillin at one of the lures I put up, berry'd him up and caught it in one ultra ball!

I jumped up and yelled a victorious cry!!! I looked at the few people "anybody else caught that Gyarados!?!?! everybody was trying to get theirs, one yelled "FUCK!! it got away!!!" most of the people there caught it! suddenly two people come flying to our spot and I was like "YO! you just missed a Gyarados! they replied "I know we saw it on the high way and came here!(they also missed a dratini that came right after the Gyarados)

after that the lures ended and we went our seperate ways even though we were on different teams we congratulated on our catch, fist-bumped eachother and the left

(but I think one of those mofos took over my gym!!! *shakes fist*)

Maz

This could be one of two things

1) you're actually battling a gym that is not your team

2) someone is battling the gym at the same time as you lowering its lvl at the same time

You can only add your pokemon to a gym controled by your team. There are limited slots for pokemon depending on its level. If all slots are taken you would need to train (fight) to increase its lvl then you will be able to add a pokemon.

Hope this helped

zroid

Banned

Coa6bZsWYAASKod.jpg

so I was sitting waiting for m bus to come(had like 40 min to wait) so a popped 3 lures around me to see what I get nothing really was coming except oddly a strange amount of magikarps! I was battling this pesky magikarp when someone yells out "OMG!!! Gyarados!!!" I immediately back out of the fight to see this beast chillin at one of the lures I put up, berry'd him up and caught it in one ultra ball!

I jumped up and yelled a victorious cry!!! I looked at the few people "anybody else caught that Gyarados!?!?! everybody was trying to get theirs, one yelled "FUCK!! it got away!!!" most of the people there caught it! suddenly two people come flying to our spot and I was like "YO! you just missed a Gyarados! they replied "I know we saw it on the high way and came here!(they also missed a dratini that came right after the Gyarados)

after that the lures ended and we went our seperate ways even though we were on different teams we congratulated on our catch, fist-bumped eachother and the left

So how bittersweet was it when you caught a Gyarados after already amassing 350 Magikarp candies? :p

Now we have programs where people can instantly tele to a rare pokemon co-ords and back super fast without being softbanned to catch them.

Fuck this, the game and what little there is to do in it is basically killed at this point unless they all get banned yesterday.

The bans will start, don't worry. Niantic got really good at detecting GPS spoofing with Ingress and you can bet those same methods are in play for Go.

AdanVC

Coa6bZsWYAASKod.jpg

And just earlier today I asked if it was possible that Gyarados could appear on the wild and this story was so nice omfg :') That feel when you catch a rare Pokémon like this one is just the best. Especially when there's more people around doing the same so you can share their happiness of catching it with them!

I've seen Hitmonlee pop up on the tracker occassionally, but have never been able to actually find one... Until today. It was a bittersweet moment when that Pokeball landed, shook, and finally stopped with a "Gotcha" right above it. Here it is:

Slightly disappointed, but happy that I actually have one now.

Oh my god, I feel so bad for my mother. She really wants a Pikachu, but they seem to hate her :(

- A week days ago she found a pikachu, and it fled on her.
- A couple days later I found one and took her to it, and my brother and I captured it, it fled on her.
- Today, I found another one so my brother and I head out to get it and we took her phone...He caught it and mine and her phone refused to connect to the cellular tower and it despanwed the exact moment she finally made it in
- My brother and I then went on a bike ride after returning the phone, and we got another pikachu, only for it to despawn by the time we got home.
- We just found another pikachu, so we took her phone and went to get it. Him and I got it, it ran away on her.

Every time it ran away, she or we had been using berries to try and get it to stay longer.

Caught this guy near my office today. Not the best CP but definitely my best catch in the wild so far.

It's a shame they're all 5km ones though, they're the worst. Only get decent stuff from 2km or 10km eggs really.

Not for me. About half of the 5km Pokémon are damn rare around here, and honestly, I'm more likely to find any of the good 10km Pokémon in the wild than I am to find Grimer, Voltorb, Oddish, Magnemite, Slowpoke, Drowzee, Ghastly, Lickitung, Koffing, or Porygon (I've never managed to encounter ANY of those).

Muku

So, how does this work? Can someone of same team color and just stick a higher level Pokemon than you have in already even if there are no additional slots? Or do they have to earn their slot with the rank in the gym. I just ask because I feel like last couple of days I've been overwritten. Unless it's just been quick take overs that I hadn't notice and our team got it back.

So, how does this work? Can someone of same team color and just stick a higher level Pokemon than you have in already even if there are no additional slots? Or do they have to earn their slot with the rank in the gym. I just ask because I feel like last couple of days I've been overwritten. Unless it's just been quick take overs that I hadn't notice and our team got it back.
So how it works is, if there is an empty slot or slots and it's your team you can put one pokemon in that gym which takes up a slot and a gym has a number of slots equal to its level. If there are no free slots then you can beat pokemon in the gym to raise the gym's prestige and if it gets enough it will level up, which increases the slot number but there is otherwise no way for your team mates to put a mon in a full gym.
If a gym loses enough prestige to go down a level, the lowest CP pokemon is kicked out.

Muku

Okay, so basically what I thought. Guess just last couple of days battle has been so quick, that even though I'm next door to it, I didn't catch the battle to see me being dethroned. Well, I guess i'm kind of screwed. I think most Mystic's will be trying to get in it again. Seems our neighborhood high level Mystic has decided to put his 3k+ Dragonite in there. -_-; Not sure many of us will get to be there again.

Edit: Thank you.

Okay, so basically what I thought. Guess just last couple of days battle has been so quick, that even though I'm next door to it, I didn't catch the battle to see me being dethroned. Well, I guess i'm kind of screwed. I think most Mystic's will be trying to get in it again. Seems our neighborhood high level Mystic has decided to put his 3k+ Dragonite in there. -_-; Not sure many of us will get to be there again.
Gyms change hands in Edinburgh super quick. I'm kind of glad only enemy teams can get your pokemon removed or else I probably wouldn't even have time to press the claim reward button :p

Muku

Gyms change hands in Edinburgh super quick. I'm kind of glad only enemy teams can get your pokemon removed or else I probably wouldn't even have time to press the claim reward button :p

Haha. One down by park here changes pretty often. EVen after they have repeatedly put up threating signs about tresspassing. Sorry, but your road isn't private folks.

One by my house has been predominately blue, but I see Instinct is trying hard last couple of days. Glad our neighborhood high level Mystic got to it, but wish he'd have gotten to it sooner. -_-; Have to say, his Dragonite is now highest Pokemon I've seen in a gym. I don't mind him usually, but to straight up do that as 1st in gym. I hope Instinct or Valor does take him down, because the rest of us blues aren't even up there with him. He's 30 and we're all teens/20s.

Haha. One down by park here changes pretty often. EVen after they have repeatedly put up threating signs about tresspassing. Sorry, but your road isn't private folks.

One by my house has been predominately blue, but I see Instinct is trying hard last couple of days. Glad our neighborhood high level Mystic got to it, but wish he'd have gotten to it sooner. -_-; Have to say, his Dragonite is now highest Pokemon I've seen in a gym. I don't mind him usually, but to straight up do that as 1st in gym. I hope Instinct or Valor does take him down, because the rest of us blues aren't even up there with him. He's 30 and we're all teens/20s.
Well, at least 2 of your fellow mystics should be able to join the gym with them. Adding a pokemon to a gym actually increases it's prestige too and it looks like they've set it up so that the reward for putting the first pokemon in to claim the gym is enough to unlock level 2 immediately and putting a second mon in the newly opened slot is enough to unlock level 3. You only need to battle to take it to level 4 or more, or to undo any of the prestige loss caused by attackers :3

zroid

Banned
TFW you get enough candies to evolve a species and then realize all of the Pokémon of its type in your possession have terrible IVs

Muku

Well, at least 2 of your fellow mystics should be able to join the gym with them. Adding a pokemon to a gym actually increases it's prestige too and it looks like they've set it up so that the reward for putting the first pokemon in to claim the gym is enough to unlock level 2 immediately and putting a second mon in the newly opened slot is enough to unlock level 3. You only need to battle to take it to level 4 or more, or to undo any of the prestige loss caused by attackers :3

I know adding helps. I noticed that yesterday when I added my Nidoqueen to one. This was still first rank I could tell. But seems a couple of other blues have stuff up over there now. Tempting, but already settled in for night.

Jay RaR

This damn Ivysaur took 11 berries, 5 Pokeballs, and about 20 Great Balls from me.

I caught it in the end with much perseverance but it is at a measly 186 CP. Worth it!

scotcheggz

I don't think IVs have any place in this game.

I think it's just another thing for the hardcore collectors to enjoy really. Earlier I was looking at my electabuzz and he's either 87% or could be as low as 45% perfect. Then I saw my best possible stats and worst possible stats and it was a matter of 2-3 stat points difference for Attk/Def. I'm sure there's plenty of people that just want that perfect *insert favorite pokemon here* though.

Afrocious

I think it's just another thing for the hardcore collectors to enjoy really. Earlier I was looking at my electabuzz and he's either 87% or could be as low as 45% perfect. Then I saw my best possible stats and worst possible stats and it was a matter of 2-3 stat points difference for Attk/Def. I'm sure there's plenty of people that just want that perfect *insert favorite pokemon here* though.

Oh I see that for sure. I'm someone who thinks that IVs have a place in the regular Pokemon games, for the record, but I can't see it in this game. Maybe there'll be a future update where battling is more fleshed out, but not being able to change movesets on a Pokemon makes IVs a hard pill to swallow for me.

Getting a 100% Dragonite with terrible moves is more tragic than a Dragonite with low CP.

Just saw a guy absolutely ruin his chances with a girl he meet at our City's Library by telling her:

"There's a gym in my bedroom, if you want to come help me battle it."

She called him disgusting and slapped him before walking away. 😂😂😂

And I thought I was awful at talking to Women. 😂😂😂

Pineconn

Well that was a crazy end to the day.

Saw on... a certain website that a Machop was in downtown Columbus, OH. Figured that since I needed only two more for a Machamp, I might as well trek down there to grab it. I caught it, then saw that there was a Dragonair nearby. I need candy to power up my Dragonite, so I went for it... and caught it, too. As I was heading for my car, I saw a freaking AERODACTYL on the radar, and so I followed a frenzied crowd...

Not a great moveset, but WHATEVER. I'll take it.

correojon

The last 2 days I´ve gone hunting and haven´t discovered any new Pokémons, except the ones that´ve come from eggs. Should I stop looking around and just put some lures somewhere in hopes something new appears? I thought lures only attracted Zubats, Pidgeys and Rattatas, but hearing people´s stories it seems it can also make cool/rare Pokémons appear...

scotcheggz

Well that was a crazy end to the day.

Saw on... a certain website that a Machop was in downtown Columbus, OH. Figured that since I needed only two more for a Machamp, I might as well trek down there to grab it. I caught it, then saw that there was a Dragonair nearby. I need candy to power up my Dragonite, so I went for it... and caught it, too. As I was heading for my car, I saw a freaking AERODACYTL on the radar, and so I followed a frenzied crowd...

Not a great moveset, but WHATEVER. I'll take it.

I caught an aerodactyl on my sofa yesterday... 95 CP :lol still, at least I got one I guess!

Mengetsu

Wow...I just waisted 20 Greatballs and over 40 Pokeballs just to catch a Raichu. With only 390 CP. If it was at like 900-1000cp and I could actually use it a gym I could understand but, that was terrible for just the Pokedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom