• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

France here, can't login.
Seems servers are down.
http://ispokemongodownornot.com/

Fanart time!
hSSzqMH.png
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58100759

Saad

Caught 2 Charmeleons, but both are disappointingly weaker (58 & 185) than my Charmanders (258-420). Charizard will have to wait. Currently at 55 candies.

Pachimari

after tweaking the back-end, my mobile browser finder is cranking at about 1 good scan per 10 seconds and no empty scans. https://pokemonnearby.io/

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

h2H6IJq.png

So my Android phone keeps blocking this, saying it isn't safe. How do I make it understand, that I want to access the site no matter? I have looked in settings but can't find anything.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Any idication already of when they are going to fix the three step-bug? This is just taking really long ...

Pop

Servers go down about the same time everyday.

So not being able to rotate the screen is a server problem? Seems to only happen to me when the servers start to crap out.

Setsuna

They really need to move pokestops from Cemeteries

Like there are enough pokestops in my neighborhood for walking, but they are all in the graveyard

Dinjooh

They really need to move pokestops from Cemeteries

Like there are enough pokestops in my neighborhood for walking, but they are all in the graveyard

Hm, any particular reason?

Where I'm at in the world cemeteries are beautiful places not only used for those mourning, but also a nice place to go for a walk, and for me personally when I have something I need to think deeply about.

On the other hand, if they're all in the cemetery things could get crowded.

So my Android phone keeps blocking this, saying it isn't safe. How do I make it understand, that I want to access the site no matter? I have looked in settings but can't find anything.

What is the exact message that it shows?

(all i would do is google it to see if I can get a hint).

Moff

Anybody noticed when you toss a ball it magically curves off extremely to the right or left? Its made catching nearly impossible for me.

Damn I thought it was me being high.
So that DOES happen huh?

it's one of the unexplained features of the game
with higher difficulty the ball curves by itself and it won't hit, there's nothing you can do about it

except curve the ball yourself, better start practicing that, if you master that the ball will never miss again, unless it's your own fault

correojon

Throw faster with shorter finger movement or curve yourself.

You can curve it willingly, but I´ve read somewhere that at certain levels the balls will start curving by themselves. Because of this, it´s best to learn early how to throw curve balls and always use them. Besides, I think they have a better chance at capturing Pokémon.

Chaos17

It's rare but we're not all negative in France (I meant the busineses and officials stuff). So I discovered today while browsing #Pokemongo on twitter that a little town in the north are trying something cool.

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo...go-pour-faire-decouvrir-la-ville-1055995.html

The mayor allowed someone in his staff to drop lure once in a day in different poskespot to make trainers discovers new cultural places. It's announced on twitter the date and time when the lure will be droped. They did that for several day and seeing trainers responding postively to thos they will do it again in the futur during summer.

NICE!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58118852

Vipu

Banned
You can curve it willingly, but I´ve read somewhere that at certain levels the balls will start curving by themselves. Because of this, it´s best to learn early how to throw curve balls and always use them. Besides, I think they have a better chance at capturing Pokémon.

?
I just said that, curve it yourself OR use shorter movement.
I use shorter movement since that is easier than curving.

Setsuna

Hm, any particular reason?

Where I'm at in the world cemeteries are beautiful places not only used for those mourning, but also a nice place to go for a walk, and for me personally when I have something I need to think deeply about.

On the other hand, if they're all in the cemetery things could get crowded.

I just dont see it as a place to go to on the regular

Moff

So is there any evidence that curving the ball or throwing great balls increases the capture rate?

great balls absolutely
curved, don't think so, and it doesn't really matter because by the time it makes a difference you need to throw curves all the time anyway

great balls absolutely
curved, don't think so, and it doesn't really matter because by the time it makes a difference you need to throw curves all the time anyway

Sorry I was a bit misunderstandy, I didn't mean throw great balls but having a "great" or "excellent" throw. Does this increase the chances?

Waldini

Sorry I was a bit misunderstandy, I didn't mean throw great balls but having a "great" or "excellent" throw. Does this increase the chances?

Nope. It doesn't. The only thing it does is increase the amount of XP you'll get. +50 I believe.

The circle (coloured) around a Pokemon indicates how tough it is to catch one.

Green = OK
Orange = Difficult
Red = Hard

Nope. It doesn't. The only thing it does is increase the amount of XP you'll get. +50 I believe.

The circle (coloured) around a Pokemon indicates how tough it is to catch one.

Green = OK
Orange = Difficult
Red = Hard

I thought that Great etc. does increase your chances. Same for Curveballs. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Sorry for double post :eek:

Is it normal that when i catch a pokemon the mini map showing the location it was caught isn't showing? The map is replaced by a blank white box below the date of capture.

Joni

Anybody noticed when you toss a ball it magically curves off extremely to the right or left? Its made catching nearly impossible for me.

Enemy has countered your ball toss.

No one knows until there is some data to proof it or devs say something.

Wasn't there proof that it did from an analysis of the source code?

Is it normal that when i catch a pokemon the mini map showing the location it was caught isn't showing? The map is replaced by a blank white box below the date of capture.

Yes. I think they deactivated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom