• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
A large crowd is under my window right now losing their fucking shit. Some screaming I FUCKING GOT IT. Traffic is annoyed at them. Is there some rare Pokemon available right now on the upper east side?

CobTdsHUAAAaL0b.jpg

CobTdsIUAAAeb9u.jpg

Guys am I fucking stupid? What did I do wrong?

I've been trying to improve my Pokémon collection but pretty much 2 in 3 Pokemon's I'm encountering happens to be...

https://s31.postimg.org/5s72acxnf/Screenshot_2016_07_28_10_45_38_com_nianticlabs_p.png[/mg][/QUOTE]

I kept the app open while exploring Oslo yesterday, caught nearly 25 Drowzees. The cityèis infested with them.

I caught three Squirtles in a two-minute span, as well. Saw silhouettes for Bulbasaur, Kingler and Golduck appear, but couldn't locate them in time.

Have to say, the app also showed me the way to some sights and locations I totally would've missed otherwise. GG Niantic.

around where I live there is this park that's connected to the police station and fire station, and people just hang out at night in what seems like the safest possible place for a crowd of people playing a game.

Screenshot_20160727_200748.png

IMG_2016_07_27_20032275.png

it's such a feel good thing Niantic has going.

adamy

Banned
i feel like chansey is super underrated

on the face of it, the fact that they are all very low cp and are incredibly difficult to raise the cp might make them look like shit...but at ~300cp my chanseys have +300 health

i can beat +1k cp pokemon with my 500 cp chansey without issue due to huge amount of health

this lets me challenge my own gyms, defeat pokemon much higher than me, which in turn gives insane gym prestige rewards

Azuran17

Neo Member
really wish achievements gave some sort of reward

image1.png

what i hope they might do is patch in unlocks for said rewards so that u can change outfits (the whole outfit) and have a title under your name that's bound to that outfit (as crazy as that might sound) just like the npcs in the mainline games.

(Bug Catcher Azuran wants to fight!)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, streets in my neighborhood have disappeared since a few days ago. Pokéstops are still there.

Chaos17

So...
Here in Düsseldorf is one spot that is so popular that it will be officially closed off by the police, get some mobile toilets and there will be extra trams going there.

Link in German:
http://m.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/d...-der-koe-wird-nun-doch-gesperrt-aid-1.6145225

Yeah, we saw yesterday and I think it's pretty cool because so far I saw the contrary. People prefer to chase out Pokemon Go players in general even if they're respectfull. There is even 1 town in North Carolina USA which want to remove ALL 134 pokespots/gyms -.-

So yeah, I welcome what germany is doing even if it's just for summer I think it's nice to support people once in a while their hobby that let them go outside. That's something I will probably won't see in France, frenchs are less cool/welcoming about the game outside of players.

So in case here are some Munich gaffers, here are some nests I have found so far in Munich.

Westpark: Pikachu
Ostpark: Bulbasaur
Nymphenburg(Park): Eevee, Pinsir
Hirschgarten: Ponyta
Riemer Park: Vulpix
Park ums Maximilianeum: Growlithe, Magicarp
Maximiliansplatz (kleiner Park nördlich vom Stachus): Exeggcute, I've also caught 3 Squirtles there, they spawn regularly, but not often.

If you know more spots, feel free to PM me.

Joni

So yeah, I welcome what germany is doing even if it's just for summer I think it's nice to support people once in a while their hobby that let them go outside.

Some countries would welcome a bit of cucumber time nowadays, I think Pokémon GO is ideal for that so even the media is jumping on to hype it a bit.

Wazzy

Banned
That was debunked weeks ago.

You get one shot by renaming your Eevee Rainer/Sparky/whatever, that is the only method for controlling the evolution.
Is this really true though? It's worked every single time for me when I avoided evolving the same one twice. So just avoid doing two vaporeons in a row.

Jintor

I finally beat a gym today for the first time and some valour edgelord plunked his 1000cp flareon in there before I could.

I finally beat a gym today for the first time and some valour edgelord plunked his 1000cp flareon in there before I could.
Yeah they need to fix this shit. Today I beat an arena as well and the same guy I defeated put his pokemon in again before I could put in mine.
I didn't even see that fucker.

masud

Banned
Just got back from a week vacation in NYC. Man it's like a whole other game in a major metro area. Didn't hurt that I was taking my wife and kid to a bunch of tourist spots. I power leveled from 13 to 20 and I wasn't even playing that much.

adamy

Banned

Yeah they need to fix this shit. Today I beat an arena as well and the same guy I defeated put his pokemon in again before I could put in mine.
I didn't even see that fucker.

Why does it bother you? I like it when this happens. You get ez xp and its gonna be quick as fuck to take it back given its 6 vs 1

adamy

Banned
I hope this on't happen to anyone, jerks in real life are horrible.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4uwxue/so_apparently_im_a_loser/

Many in the comments testefied that they were also victims :

huh

I live in an extremely social part of LA (studio city) and when I'm bar hopping pretty much everyone else bar hopping is playing too

When the bars shutdown at ~2amtje streets are filled with drunk babes and brahs playing

I've never experienced any negativity from anyone

indask8

Is it just me or the android app has touchscreen issue, at least on my nexus 5 sometimes when I swipe quickly the ball falls down like I didn't threw it at all. I've never experienced issue in other apps on this phone.

And Zubats are a waste of time and pokeballs.

Moff

Is it just me or the android app has touchscreen issue, at least on my nexus 5 sometimes when I swipe quickly the ball falls down like I didn't threw it at all. I've never experienced issue in other apps on this phone.

level 20 here and I never had this issue with my nexus 5

huh

I live in an extremely social part of LA (studio city) and when I'm bar hopping pretty much everyone else bar hopping is playing too

When the bars shutdown at ~2amtje streets are filled with drunk babes and brahs playing

I've never experienced any negativity from anyone
Eh, it can happen anywhere. Thankfully I haven't had that experience yet as well since everyone and their mother here in Sheffield plays the game.

Just yesterday, my gf and I went for a walk down the river and found a triple lure going on with loads of people just chilling and playing. Ended up chatting with a 50 yr old couple just learning how to play the game as well and gave them some pointers on how to get the most out of it. ^^

Can't wait to swing back home to LA on vacation in a couple months and go on some "walks" on Venice or something. :D

This happens to me sometimes, as well as trying to turn on the camera on the map not working properly and zooming instead.

Closing and opening the app seems to fix it.

I'm an iPhone user though :p

indask8

This happens to me sometimes, as well as trying to turn on the camera on the map not working properly and zooming instead.

Closing and opening the app seems to fix it.

I'm an iPhone user though :p

Ok so that's not only affecting android users, I hope they'll fix these little issues in their next update.

Anyone in London know of any good nests/spawning spots for rare-ish Pokemons?
(Or at least anything other than pidgy/ratata/drowzee/spearow/zubat).

I haven't seen a single charmander in London yet.

Anyone in London know of any good nests/spawning spots for rare-ish Pokemons?
(Or at least anything other than pidgy/ratata/drowzee/spearow/zubat).

I haven't seen a single charmander in London yet.

Holland Park is bursting full of charmanders. Went there yesterday for an hour after work and caught ~12 (Practically everyone was using Pokevision)
Tower bridge often has dratinis
Peckham Rye Park has Growlithes ~2 every 30 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom