• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koh

So, today I realized I'm out of date on my pokemon, even though these are gen 1.

Clefable is fairy type? I went into that gym battle planning for normal.

Dinjooh

So, today I realized I'm out of date on my pokemon, even though these are gen 1.

If I'm not totally mistaken, Fairy was added in later and older Pokémon was added to the category.

Heh, yup, while they're gen 1 pokemon they've had their stats and typing updated to the latest. Fairy, Dark and Steel didn't exist back then :3

So I'm looking at that IV calculator.. How high of a perfection rate should one aim for before deciding to evolve a Pokémon?

Currently pondering whether an Eevee with an average perfection of 76% is a good bet to evolve.

Find a calculator that has the capability to refine the percentage(most do). Power it up once and then see if it nails down the percentage. It's worth it. I play quite a bit so at first I stuck to only doing +80%. Once I got a good amount of pokemon, I'm now only really evolving +90%.

kiri

This isn't a stealth-brag, but would anyone mind comparing their records with mine? I'm trying to see how I'm fairing so far!

Started; 14th July 2016
Level; 19
Current XP; 10125/25000
Coins; 30 (None bought)
Team; Instinct
Caught; 59
Seen; 60

Potion/10 - SuperP/20 - HyperP/68 - Revive/20 - LuckyEgg/2 - Incense/3
P.Ball/89 - G.Ball/57 - LureM/2 - RazzB/50 - Inc./1(Inf.)

Solobbos

This isn't a stealth-brag, but would anyone mind comparing their records with mine? I'm trying to see how I'm fairing so far!

Started; 14th July 2016
Level; 19
Current XP; 10125/25000
Coins; 30 (None bought)
Team; Instinct
Caught; 59
Seen; 60

Sure!

Started; 7th July 2016 (Didn't play at all in the beginning due to a trip)
Level; 21
Current XP; 48599 / 75000 XP
Coins; 180 (None bought)
Team; Instinct
Caught; 90
Seen; 90

Potion/0 - SuperP/0 - HyperP/63 - Revive/55 - LuckyEgg/6 - Incense/6
P.Ball/29 - G.Ball/78 - U.Ball/13 - LureM/3 - RazzB/9 - Inc./4

Mmmm, I'm already losing motivation to go out Pokemon hunting.

Easy ones left to collect (my motivation for a few more expeditions):
Blastoise, Raichu, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Ninetails, Wigglytuff, Vileplume, Dugtrio, Victreebel, Golem, Rapidash, Slowbro, Hypno, Marowak, Rhydon, Gyarados.

Shit that's just pure luck for my area:
Charmeleon, Charizard, Clefable, Machoke, Machamp, Farfetch'd, Muk, Onix, Chansey, Mr Mime, Jynx, Tauros, Porygon, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax.

I feel like I'm just relying on being lucky with eggs with a lot of those, it's going to take months to get enough candy for Charizard/Machamp/Omastar/Kabutops otherwise, and it's literally just relying on eggs for the region specific ones.

kiri

Sure!

Started; 7th July 2016 (Didn't play at all in the beginning due to a trip)
Level; 21
Current XP; 48599 / 75000 XP
Coins; 180 (None bought)
Team; Instinct
Caught; 90
Seen; 90

Potion/0 - SuperP/0 - HyperP/63 - Revive/55 - LuckyEgg/6 - Incense/6
P.Ball/29 - G.Ball/78 - U.Ball/13 - LureM/3 - RazzB/9 - Inc./4

Thanks for that! Seems like you've been doing well with gyms! I haven't got many in my area and the ones I have been able to reach I have only recently got Pokémon strong enough to win them over (for 10 coins). Slowly but surely I will build up my team though right now, I'm focussing on amassing more of the Pidgey/Rattata in my region and then popping more of my Lucky Eggs to get me more towards the region of level 25.

How do you help a team on a gym?

When i see a team it gives me the option to battle them so i do, but when i beat them it does nothing but lower its level. How do i put a pokemon in it?

J-Roderton

How common is this guy to see at level 12?

SDX8KFU.jpg

So just now realized there's an easter egg where you can press the loading icon and it reacts and makes a noise.

Also, anyone else noticed the "holding the menu button and changing the icon colours" Easter egg? Not sure how up to date Go-gaf is on this.

Scoops

Banned
Went out on a poke hunt but was cut short by a thunderstorm. Still managed to nag 4 new species in about 45 mins:

- Cubone
- Lickitung
- Dratini
- Golduck (through evolving Psyducks)

So pretty successful for just 45 mins. I'm a level 15 and I'm at 81 caught and 83 seen.

Started; 14th July 2016
Level; 19
Current XP; 10125/25000
Coins; 30 (None bought)
Team; Instinct
Caught; 59
Seen; 60

Start Date - 7/6/2016
Level 22
XP - 16464/100000
Coins 20 - Spent $10 Improved bag 4 times. Bought 8 Incense, think I bought one lucky egg and one lure. This is including coins I earned from gyms too. Wish it kept track, but probably got about 150 -180 from gyms at this point.

Team - Mystic
Caught 89
Seen - 89

Potion 2 - Super Potion 5 - Hyper Potion 66 - Revive 122 - Lucky Egg 2 - Incense 7 - Pokeball 49 - Great Ball 62 - Ultra Ball 29 - Lure 6 - Razz Berry 60 - Items 412/500

Scoops

Banned

Started; 14th July 2016
Level; 19
Current XP; 10125/25000
Coins; 30 (None bought)
Team; Instinct
Caught; 59
Seen; 60

Started: 7/7/16
Level: 15
Current XP: 15895/20000
Coins: 20 (I spent $10 on lures and incense)
Team: Mystic
Caught: 81
Seen: 83

Dishwalla

Banned
Had a good bike ride through Ghent and down to the water front in downtown Norfolk, caught a bunch of stuff like a Machamp, a Dodrio, a Dewgong, a couple Kabuto, a Sandslash, a Slowbro, and a bunch of Magikarps. Still need a bunch of the last one though for a Gyarados.

cp452 Clefairy (First one I saw was cp300~, ran as soon as it escaped D:)
cp206 Dratini (Not the strongest, but my first so YES!)

Those two popped up by our community lake. I am overjoyed.

kiri

Start Date - 7/6/2016
Level 22
XP - 16464/100000
Coins 20 - Spent $10 Improved bag 4 times. Bought 8 Incense, think I bought one lucky egg and one lure. This is including coins I earned from gyms too. Wish it kept track, but probably got about 150 -180 from gyms at this point.

Team - Mystic
Caught 89
Seen - 89

Potion 2 - Super Potion 5 - Hyper Potion 66 - Revive 122 - Lucky Egg 2 - Incense 7 - Pokeball 49 - Great Ball 62 - Ultra Ball 29 - Lure 6 - Razz Berry 60 - Items 412/500

Thanks for that! Interesting to see how people who paid have faired compared to those who haven't.

I went back to my original PTC account for the first time since launch day today. I was getting bored of the level 20+ grind and kind of wanted to start fresh.

So far, it's reigniting my passion for the game. Anyone else start over just for fun?

GulAtiCa

Started; 6th July 2016
Level; 20
Current XP; 23343/50000
Coins; 1390 ($30 bought for 3700) - I also gain about 100 to 150 a week. The amount I gained per week now going up now that I'm much stronger.
Team; Mystic
Caught; 73
Seen; 73

Started; 14th July 2016
Level; 21
Current XP; 22943/75000
Coins; 30
Team; Valor
Caught; 104
Seen; 104

HyperP/26 - Revive/24 - LuckyEgg/3 - Incense/6
P.Ball/210 - G.Ball/14 - U.Ball/23 - LureM/5 - RazzB/23

Is there a list anywhere of what the rarest Pokemon are? I'd be interested to see what my rarest ones are.

The rarest IMO (nests aside) that do spawn sometimes are

"Blastoise", "Cloyster", "Raichu", "Venusaur", "Vileplume", "Dewgong", "Gengar",
"Victreebel", "Dugtrio", "Jolteon", "Vaporeon", "Dragonair", "Golem", "Machamp", "Nidoqueen", "Flareon", "Marowak", "Arcanine", "Charizard", "Dragonite", "Slowbro", "Primeape", "Charmeleon", "Aerodactyl"

and oh there are another 15 or so that I've yet to see spawn so those are even rarer I should get that list.

A second attempt at this list.

Here are the rarest spawns from a list of 145 that have spawned from my finder. Leaving 6 more not seen.

1 Gyarados
1 Muk
1 Charizard
1 Gengar
1 Kabutops
2 Venusaur
2 Vileplume
3 Dragonite
3 Ninetales
3 Poliwrath
4 Blastoise
4 Exeggutor
4 Farfetch'd
4 Victreebel
5 Alakazam
5 Magneton
6 Golem
7 Electrode
7 Jolteon
7 Machamp
7 Omastar
7 Weezing
8 Charmeleon
8 Nidoking
8 Porygon
8 Raichu
9 Aerodactyl
9 Cloyster
9 Wigglytuff

And here are the Legendaries that are being held back or obtained in a way as yet unknown.
> Articuno
> Ditto
> Mew
> Mewtwo
> Moltres
> Zapdos

(edited to fix this post).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Biking back from my sister's and a Nidorina popped :) Now I can save all those Fairly Rare Candies to go straight to the queen <3

MANUELF

Banned
Ok, after trying this out for a bit, it seems to give slightly more accurate locations and finds many of the pokemon that pokevision misses while still finding the ones that pokevision does too:

http://www.trackemon.com/

Some people have reported that simply restarting their phone fixes it, so you might want to try that before reinstalling :3

In theory everything is stored server side so there shouldn't be any loss from a reinstall, though admittedly I haven't tried it myself yet :p

Tried that site, it only shows the interstate and not the streets, is not worth it for me

Dinjooh

Why not.

Started: 6th July 2016
Level: 16
Current XP: 16630 / 20000
Coins: 1050 (Finally had something to use my Google Opinion rewards on)
Team: Valor
Caught: 59
Seen: 62

Potion: 53 | SPotion: 58 | HPotion: 33 | Revive: 63 | Lucky Egg: 2 | Incense: 5
PBall: 0 | GBall: 50 | LureM: 3 | Razzb: 42 | - Inc: 3 (2x blue, 1x red)

139km walked, 133 eggs hatched. Despite that, I've only gotten 6-8 pokemon out of them that I otherwise haven't seen in the wild when out and about.

Seems like I get the same few pokemon over and over. I've caught 2 tentacool, but I've evolved 3 of them thanks to eggs; only caught one ekans, but just got an arbok from all the candy earned by hatching. Once I did get one of those new 6-8 pokemon, I seem to get multiple more of them from eggs, as if they become more likely to hatch or something.

I know I'm probably just getting salty, but is there a chance that the same pokestops give the same kinds of eggs? I've hatched 11 10k eggs, and 10 of those were eevee, but they all came from the same park.

It almost makes me want to give up on hatching them if my luck is this bad, since seeing new wild pokemon has slowed to a crawl at ~100 pokedex. I plan on evolving the half dozen or so that are feasible, but it seems like eggs are the best way to add to the pokedex, and that's gone from my favorite part of the game to an annoyance.

Edit: guess I hatched 9 eevee, not 10, judging by the amount of Jynx candy I have/amount caught. Considering the plague of jynx & drowzee that spawn around Michigan I'd rather have hatched another eevee

Shadoken

I wish Fighting in Gyms would give you candy or someway to evolve Pokemon. Just finding a bunch of them then picking one to evolve , doesn't have the same bond like in the Gameboy games :(

Maz

I havent felt this lucky in a long while. 10km egg just hatched my first dratini with 25 candy. I just need 100 more candy for a dragonite, so that wont be happening anytime soon.

Is there a way to report other players? Theres this dude with atleast 3 2k+cp dragonites around my area. I just cant believe he managed that in a legit way

Edit: theres this spawn area 1min walk from my office that seems to spawn charmanders on a regular bases. I get 1-2 daily, hopefully in less than two weeks I will have a charizard

neoemonk

Is it worth trying to fight a gym battle at low levels? I'm level 8 and usually only play when I walk my dog so it's going to take a while to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom