• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucumo

Haha, it's Ashley from warioware in a santa outfit, but it's funny you mention may because my usual avatar outside of neogaf is..

Ha, so I wasn't completely wrong. They also are similar in a way.

May was fun to watch in the older GG games.

julrik

Found a Pidgeot for the first time, and he just seemed to blow away all my Pokeballs. Tried some curved throws, and that seemed to work, but he jumped out. After 10 Pokeballs, it froze. Restarted the game, tried again, 10 new Pokeballs. Froze again. Tried again. Same thing. 40-50 Pokeballs later, he never returned. What a waste.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
shared this story in the Pokemon Go Canada topic thought people would enjoy it here

I wish I was joking about this story but I'm not. So i downloaded the app and decided to go for a walk and caught some pokemon obviously. I caught about 10 when I get to this park and walk by this beautiful woman, we both smile at each other and walk by. As soon as we walk by she comes back and stops me and asks if I am playing pokemon go I said of course. We exchanged info on where we found different types and showed each other our catches for the day, she starts flirting with me as well. Then she flat out says I bullshit you not "maybe we can walk back to my place there was quite a few there and while we are there maybe we can have a drink together.....I am engaged but jesus fucking christ...nope

I just got on the game. I have my lucky egg + Pigeys ready but should i wait until the servers are a bit more stable? Or just do it now?

lt519

Got a Charmander out of an egg! Saw two new pokemon today but couldn't catch due to servers. At this point in my city to get new pokemon it's basically hatching eggs, grinding low level pokemon for evolutions, and chasing down the random rare (which is hard right now). I travel a lot for work and pleasure so will be interesting to see what I can get outside of upstate NY.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
shared this story in the Pokemon Go Canada topic thought people would enjoy it here

I wish I was joking about this story but I'm not. So i downloaded the app and decided to go for a walk and caught some pokemon obviously. I caught about 10 when I get to this park and walk by this beautiful woman, we both smile at each other and walk by. As soon as we walk by she comes back and stops me and asks if I am playing pokemon go I said of course. We exchanged info on where we found different types and showed each other our catches for the day, she starts flirting with me as well. Then she flat out says I bullshit you not "maybe we can walk back to my place there was quite a few there and while we are there maybe we can have a drink together.....I am engaged but jesus fucking christ...nope

Hahahah holy shit that's insane.

Kyrios

Well like, stop being so damn hot looking then. Problem solved.

Chaos17

Began like a fairy tale... That ending (๑Ő д Ő๑)

ExVicis

Found a Pidgeot for the first time, and he just seemed to blow away all my Pokeballs. Tried some curved throws, and that seemed to work, but he jumped out. After 10 Pokeballs, it froze. Restarted the game, tried again, 10 new Pokeballs. Froze again. Tried again. Same thing. 40-50 Pokeballs later, he never returned. What a waste.
What Combat Power was that Pidgeot?

TheFlow

Banned

If this legit happened you are a fucking legend! Like I said in the other thread Pokemon go is the perfect ice breaker

TheStruggler

Hahahah holy shit that's insane.

Well like, stop being so damn hot looking then. Problem solved.

Began like a fairy tale... That ending (๑Ő д Ő๑)

She was really beautiful like damn! but I'd never ever cheat on my finance ever. I honestly never thought my facial features are good looking enough to have a woman like that invite me home. I do have a nice body because I exercise but just damn...

Growlie19

Just hatched a 10K egg! Another Eevee for the pile, and it's not even a good one. Back to praying for starters in the 2K eggs.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
She was really beautiful like damn! but I'd never ever cheat on my finance ever. I honestly never thought my facial features are good looking enough to have a woman like that invite me home. I do have a nice body because I exercise but just damn...

Hey man don't even worry about it that much. You did the right thing and in the end its really just a confidence booster. And a testament to the rest of us single guys that Pokemon GO can get us women.

Welcome to almost every city. I was walking through a fairly wealthy neighborhood today, and same situation with their parks. It's disgusting. I guess nothing getting done in Parks and Recreation was based on some sort of reality.

Took a 3 hour walk just got back from. Servers were online for second half of it and got some really good catches. Also, thanks to the gaffers who posted the curve ball tips, I've been hitting a lot more often.
I don't really even blame the city. It's the people that should pick up their own shit.

Two pokestops at a nearby church are gone. Must have been enough complaints. The other day I drove by at midnight and two lures were going. Easily 70+ people and I was about to join them. But the cops were rolling up at the same time probably to kick everyone out.

Haha, I drive by this church from work and it was a PokeStop. There was a police officer parked outside that I never seen before Pokémon Go released.

Kyrios

Well I'm really glad you didn't lol

Could have been just craving a Pokeflute at that time :p

jadjei

I'm getting data for my smartphone for this game. Is 500 mb a month enough? Or should I get 1 GB? I have never gotten data before so idk how much I need for this game lol.

lt519

Just hatched a 10K egg! Another Eevee for the pile, and it's not even a good one. Back to praying for starters in the 2K eggs.

I've gotten two Eevees but the almost full strength Snorlax from the 2nd one has been more than worth it and has made me competitive at gyms. Should have another done tomorrow. My 5k's have been disappointing, always something that's already around my area.

Chaos17

Good man ~ヾ(^∇^)

Hikami

So I've found a place to farm Bulbasaurs and another place for Charmanders.. no Squirtles though :I (the one I actually want).

Kyrios

I'm getting data for my smartphone for this game. Is 500 mb a month enough? Or should I get 1 GB? I have never gotten data before so idk how much I need for this game lol.

It's been like 8mb an hour or so for me. So just depends how much you want to play.

Definitely more battery hungry than data hungry.

TheStruggler

If this legit happened you are a fucking legend! Like I said in the other thread Pokemon go is the perfect ice breaker

I wish I was making this up I was playing the app for all but maybe 20-30 minutes and this happened I was caught so off guard. Went home and hugged my fiancée extra tight and gave her a big kiss

Guys, I've found out about an application that raises money (not sure exactly how it works) while you walk called Charity Miles.

If you haven't already got it, and you're playing Pokémon Go - perhaps you could download it and help a charity out. You can choose between a good few - seem to be mostly America/WW charities rather than your locals, and the currency is dollars. But helping somebody is good right?

Maybe add this to the OT if people think it's a good idea?

Biske

Maybe she was trying to lead you into a trap where you would be robbed and murdered.

Kyuur

Finally playing now that the game is out in Canada -- game feels broken with the 'Nearby' glitch. No real way to play other than to wander aimlessly and hope you find Pokemon.

pringles

Pokemon GO experience so far:

* 1-3 hours of trying to log in
* 5 minutes of playing the game until it freezes (90% of time at the first pokeball thrown)
* 1-3 hours of trying to log back in again

Can tell it's going to be fun some day down the road though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom