• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a huge cemetery near me, and it's the place to go for Pokemon hunting. I was there early this morning for a few hours, and it started getting busy when I left around 11am. But I went back after dinner around 6pm, and the place was packed. Easily 20 or so cars lined up along a cluster of pokestops (all with lures) and maybe another 30 people walking around chatting. This was just one area. It seemed more like a state park than a cemetery. There were at least 10 or 20 other cars all driving around the rest of the grounds and others walking. There are tons of water Pokemon there. I have a million Goldeen, Psyducks, Poliwags and Staryu. And after maybe 3 hours there I have almost half the candy needed to evolve Magikarp.

6mVslgU.jpg

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally playing now that the game is out in Canada -- game feels broken with the 'Nearby' glitch. No real way to play other than to wander aimlessly and hope you find Pokemon.

Oh yeah, I feel bad for the people like you who haven't experienced the full game yet. Hunting Pokemon with the radar is my favorite part but it's near impossible with this bug.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Oh yeah, I feel bad for the people like you who haven't experienced the full game yet. Hunting Pokemon with the radar is my favorite part but it's near impossible with this bug.
No joke, when it was working it was exceedingly fun. Well on a bike. It's like a treasure hunt.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Maybe she was trying to lead you into a trap where you would be robbed and murdered.

I deff was like whatttt but women when seductive give off very specific hints on when they REALLY want something, she checked all the boxed.

Chaos17

There's a huge cemetery near me, and it's the place to go for Pokemon hunting. I was there early this morning for a few hours, and it started getting busy when I left around 11am. But I went back after dinner around 6pm, and the place was packed. Easily 20 or so cars lined up along a cluster of pokestops (all with lures) and maybe another 30 people walking around chatting. This was just one area. It seemed more like a state park than a cemetery. There were at least 10 or 20 other cars all driving around the rest of the grounds and others walking. There are tons of water Pokemon there. I have a million Goldeen, Psyducks, Poliwags and Staryu. And after maybe 3 hours there I have almost half the candy needed to evolve Magikarp.

That's a nice cemetry you've there, almost like a park our cemeteries in France ain't like this -.-'

I wasn't a huge fan of the 3 footstep system, but that's mainly because I feel it gets clunky at 3 footstep range. They should really up it to 5 steps to handle the further away ranges because trying to work it out with the grid system (top left to bottom right) is clunky as heck due to new pokemon coming in as you approach them and whatnot.

Had an eevee back when the system worked that I simply could not find due to not having enough info and never being able to get it below 3 steps and I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff. Once I got into range where I could drop the steps to 2 I could find anything easily enough with a bit of working it out :3

Kyuur

Also, me and my fiancee ran into a Dragonair while driving out of our neighbourhood but didn't stop to catch it. Rare? :x

sophora

While it's cool that people are socializing and there's groups of trainers everywhere. I feel that a cemetery is a place that shouldn't really have so much foot traffic like this. There's one near me that has like 10+ pokestops but they're all grave markers and it gets ridiculous the amount of cars that turn into there for the items when there's a park across from it with 4 pokestops that overlap...

Also, me and my fiancee ran into a Dragonair while driving out of our neighbourhood but didn't stop to catch it. Rare? :x

pretty rare yes

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I wasn't a huge fan of the 3 footstep system, but that's mainly because I feel it gets clunky at 3 footstep range. They should really up it to 5 steps to handle the further away ranges because trying to work it out with the grid system (top left to bottom right) is clunky as heck due to new pokemon coming in as you approach them and whatnot.

Had an eevee back when the system worked that I simply could not find due to not having enough info and never being able to get it below 3 steps and I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff. Once I got into range where I could drop the steps to 2 I could find anything easily enough with a bit of working it out :3
3 footprints is for when you ha e friends. Scatter!

Dishwalla

Banned
i've caught 67 different pokemon and i still haven't seen a fuckin pikachu. anyone in hampton roads know of any pikachu breeding grounds?

RaidenXZ

Hey guys! So the game finally officially released in Canada. If I download it and delete the apk installation, will I lose any progress? Or is it account bound to the Google account I used

Kyuur

Hey guys! So the game finally officially released in Canada. If I download it and delete the apk installation, will I lose any progress? Or is it account bound to the Google account I used

Right before we found out about and downloaded the official release we decided to try out the US one -- deleted and logged in using the same google account and all of our stuff was there.

pretty rare yes

super rare him and snorlax are the best in the game

RIP. Going to regret not stopping to catch him for the rest of my life.

Everything's attached to your account. I uninstalled the APK and re-downloaded from the Google Play store and all my stuff was fine, as expected. Re-install with confidence!

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I wouldn't follow anyone home no matter how hot they were. If they really wanted to have sex with me, it'll have to be at a place of my choosing lol.
So you expect someone to follow you home at a time if your choosing, no matter how hot you are? If they even wanted to have sex with you.

Maximo

Yeah I wouldn't follow anyone home no matter how hot they were. If they really wanted to have sex with me, it'll have to be at a place of my choosing lol.

Sounds more controlling then actually being careful.

Has anyone had an XL pokemon evolve into an XS? Also, does weight mean anything?

My XL Krabby turned into an XS Kingler :<

I believe weight doesn't effect anything, it was rumored it could effect physical damage done and HP but I don't believe its confirmed.

BowieZ

Banned
Damn Nintendo really needed to sell a Pokedex-themed portable battery recharger to go along with the launch of this.

Retailers are making a killing off them.

So you expect someone to follow you home at a time if your choosing, no matter how hot you are? If they even wanted to have sex with you.

Don't really understand what you're saying but I'm not going to put myself in a position of possible danger because some woman wanted me to "come over" to "her house". And I'm skeptical of things like that anyway so I would just turn her down if she were being honest.

Sounds more controlling then actually being careful.

I could've phrased it better but I get what you're saying. I ain't followin' no random anywhere that isn't public lol.

Anyway, that's off topic. More power to the people that does get laid for playing the game tho.

RyanW

I wish instead of trashing extra items you got to sell them for a few coins. It would put these potions to some good use

I wish instead of trashing extra items you got to sell them for a few coins. It would put these potions to some good use

They should really add more ways to get coins anyway. At least a few on certain levels or something. Like 10? Some people aren't interested in the gyms.

Ok WTF is going on? Used an incense and every pokemon is coming out after one shake and running away instantly. Been like five in a row now.

ash321

OK guy, I test it. If you guys about to board a train or going on long trip using freeway, pop your incense. One minute will give you 1 pokemon.

The Cowboy

Sat at home, radar shows 2 onyx, 1 of the evolved flower Pokémon (no idea what it's called), a few eevee's and an abra - so I pop an insense.

4 pigdey's and 2 weedle's show up.

Dam this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom