• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
There was proof you get extra points, not that it increases capture rate.
If im wrong please give source, last thing I saw was that at least.

not sure why anyone would need proof for one of the few things the game explicitly tells you.

DrkSage

Yes. I think they deactivated it.

I don't think they deactivated them. Last Sunday I want to the mall in San Juan, and for some reason all the pokemons that I caught while there have the map on it.

Edit: nvm.. For some reason now all the Pokemon that in caught that day don't have it..

Gandalf

There's a cool place in London's Olympic park with 4 overlapping pokestops, is there any other similar spots in London?

There's a similar spot just by the river at Embankment. There's a gym there too.

Nelson's Collumn at Trafalgar Square is another. 4 stops.

J-Roderton

Just went ahead and evolved 5 at a time to pop level 13. Do you guys use your great balls right away or save them for more rare pokemon? They're all I have for the morning until I can hit some poke stops.

piggychan

There's a similar spot just by the river at Embankment. There's a gym there too.

Nelson's Collumn at Trafalgar Square is another. 4 stops.

I was there last night!

68AB7F08-B2B4-46DA-A0F5-27BC1DCFB20E.png

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Just went ahead and evolved 5 at a time to pop level 13. Do you guys use your great balls right away or save them for more rare pokemon? They're all I have for the morning until I can hit some poke stops.

if you have access to plenty of pokestops, you can throw them at anything you think is decent enough. they are very common at stops.

J-Roderton

I was there last night!

68AB7F08-B2B4-46DA-A0F5-27BC1DCFB20E.png

Wow. What a site. I'm sure that's probably really common, too, but damn that looks like a lot of stops. The most I've ever seen in my town in a cluster was probably 5-6.

I'll be heading a few hours down to Columbia South Carolina in a couple weeks. Anyone hunting around down there?

todahawk

Despite running low on Pokeballs many times, I never once thought about buying any more, but if there were ways to buy batches of candies I'd probably be bankrupt by now. The only Magikarp I have ever seen came from an egg. A Gyarados is a pipe dream.

But tbh I don't think they need another way to get candy - they just need to take evolutions and CP into account. Getting additional candies when catching/transferring based on an evolution + CP multiplier would probably make the game a lot more satisfying while still making you go out to catch multiples.

Oh man, I have two ponds near were I live and they spawn two magikarp almost every time I walk by. I'm not even trying and I have 130 magikarp candies.

Daknight

I don't think they deactivated them. Last Sunday I want to the mall in San Juan, and for some reason all the pokemons that I caught while there have the map on it.

I think it depends on place. Indeed the Pokemons I capture in San Juan (Puerto Rico) do appear in the map, from other places (like around work) nothing O_O

Where you catching a Blastoise in San Juan (assuming Puerto Rico)? I saw the picture and from reading people here saying the game has slow down...they clearly haven't seen those pictures O_O

domlolz

Banned
what i hope they might do is patch in unlocks for said rewards so that u can change outfits (the whole outfit) and have a title under your name that's bound to that outfit (as crazy as that might sound) just like the npcs in the mainline games.

(Bug Catcher Azuran wants to fight!)

this is a good idea

piggychan

Ah nice! Good shout; will have to check it out this weekend

If you got like a 1 day bus pass or monthly oyster card the bus route that takes you from Trafalgar Square to St Pauls (Bus 15, 6, 23 etc) I could have sworn there was 20+ poke stops so you could ride the buses back and fourth all day providing the traffic is non existent on those days and use a lucky egg.

But last night the night bus just zipped past those poke stops.

There are some similar spots in Aldgate too. Sadly one is at an island surrounded by roundabout traffic but that too has 4 poke stops very close to each other. The other has 3 pokestops and is behind the Metropolitan University. The green grass bit near the Whitechapel Gallery has 3 poke stops and quite a few Bulbasaur spawning.

B277D38F-27C0-4838-8B1B-156B1FDE060C.png

3B5D658E-2D84-4BA4-AD3F-B83F2864E14C.jpg

DrkSage

I think it depends on place. Indeed the Pokemons I capture in San Juan (Puerto Rico) do appear in the map, from other places (like around work) nothing O_O

Where you catching a Blastoise in San Juan (assuming Puerto Rico)? I saw the picture and from reading people here saying the game has slow down...they clearly haven't seen those pictures O_O

Hahah I wish I was catching a Blastoise :(

But yes I think it depends on the place. I went to plaza las Americas and all the Pokemon that i caught while walking around the mall has the map on it. But now that I checked it's gone.

EL CUCO

I need them to start selling great balls or ultra balls. Been all out of balls since last night's Exeggutor taking 20 Great balls to catch.

This morning stopped by the first Pokéstop and it gave me 3 red balls. A Beedrill popped up and I had never seen him before. Landed 3 "great" throws, he escaped out of all of them.

GG

Does anyone elses app become completely unresponsive after a few minutes? Is that server issues or something else? I'm on iPhone 6 and the game has become unplayable.

I need them to start selling great balls or ultra balls. Been all out of balls since last night's Exeggutor taking 20 Great balls to catch.

This morning stopped by the first Pokéstop and it gave me 3 red balls. A Beedrill popped up and I had never seen him before. Landed 3 "great" throws, he escaped out of all of them.

GG

How can you not have a Beedrill at this point. There are Weedles everywhere. If I would have evolved them into Beedrills I would have at least 6-7

So is there any evidence that curving the ball or throwing great balls increases the capture rate?

Sorry I was a bit misunderstandy, I didn't mean throw great balls but having a "great" or "excellent" throw. Does this increase the chances?

Nope. It doesn't. The only thing it does is increase the amount of XP you'll get. +50 I believe.

The circle (coloured) around a Pokemon indicates how tough it is to catch one.

Green = OK
Orange = Difficult
Red = Hard

I thought that Great etc. does increase your chances. Same for Curveballs. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Sorry for double post :eek:

No one knows until there is some data to proof it or devs say something.

People who datamined the game still seem to be arguing if there are capture modifiers for curveballs and the nice/great/etc categories in addition to the xp. There are some 'threshold' numbers in the data that don't correspond to the xp amount but it's unclear what they refer to outside of the 'bonus' one of 100 which is 100th pokemon.

One thing that's 100% though is this part of the official site's instructions:
https://support.pokemongo.nianticla...s/221957648-Finding-and-Catching-wild-Pokémon
To catch a Pokémon:

1. When a wild Pokémon is nearby, your device will vibrate, and the Pokémon will appear on the map. Touch the Pokémon to begin your attempt to catch it.

2. The Pokémon will appear in front of you.
Note: You may need to orient your device or switch out of camera mode.

3. Touch and hold your Poké Ball.

4. A target ring will appear around the Pokémon. The ring’s color indicates the difficulty level of capturing the Pokémon. A green ring indicates the capture is low difficulty, orange indicates intermediate difficulty, and red indicates extreme difficulty.

5. You have the greatest chance of capturing the Pokémon while the colored ring is at its smallest diameter. At the opportune moment, fling the Poké Ball toward the Pokémon.
Now... do you need to hit inside the circle for it to be true? That one is still under debate :p

Iceman829

I'm sitting next to 3 pokestops but the servers won't let me login. Still amateur hour at Niantic I see. They better be working while I'm in NY for the day. I'm already nerfed by living in the suburbs, I don't need the servers blocking me from new pokemon

Matush

So what is the progress for evolving Pokemons to have the highest possible CP in last evolution? Should I upgrade them at every level and when they are at max evolve them?

idonteven

about to give up on this game...walked 10km to takeover gyms and the game crashed EACH TIME i tried to fight...game froze just before the fight and it froze when it said GO

so sick of this glitchy mess of a game

about to give up on this game...walked 10km to takeover gyms and the game crashed EACH TIME i tried to fight...game froze just before the fight and it froze when it said GO

so sick of this glitchy mess of a game
Not sure if it'll help but I noticed last night that it was acting up with slow logins, freezes, server disconnects and whatnot but others around me seemed fine. I restarted my phone and the game started working fantastically again so it might be worth giving that a shot if http://ispokemongodownornot.com/ isn't showing any problems with the servers.

Based off that though I'm starting to wonder if the app has some kind of minor memory leak? (I say minor because I've been using it tonnes before it got to this point)

zroid

Banned
Nope. It doesn't. The only thing it does is increase the amount of XP you'll get. +50 I believe.

The circle (coloured) around a Pokemon indicates how tough it is to catch one.

Green = OK
Orange = Difficult
Red = Hard

I thought the dataminers said it does increase your chances?

Firemind

dat feeling when you get scyther and hitmonchan from 10km eggs

dat feeling when you evolve staryu to a 1200cp starmie and it has quick attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom