• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

Anybody noticed when you toss a ball it magically curves off extremely to the right or left? Its made catching nearly impossible for me.

It's a bug with the touch detection.

Switch balls or leave the battle and come back to hopefully fix it. Close the app and re-open it to more certainly fix it.

Does anyone elses app become completely unresponsive after a few minutes? Is that server issues or something else? I'm on iPhone 6 and the game has become unplayable.

Do you have Battery Saver turned on in the app? That can cause it to become unresponsive to touch in some circumstances.

I held a gym for like 3 hours on Tuesday.

Cause no one wanted to leave the comfy park area and go across the street.

I now need a good electric type, and a good grass type to round out my gym crew. Vaporeon, Lapra, and Snoralax are my main issues.

Dragonite too, but he's pretty rare around here.

Any good counters for those 4?

These any help?

Best dps pokemon by attack type: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/highest-pokemon-dps-per-type

attacker calculator: put the defender in the field at the top and it'll tell you the best counters to them: https://pokeassistant.com/main/index
Also on the same site is the team suggester where you put all the defenders in and it'll work out teams you could use: https://pokeassistant.com/main/teamsuggest

No, I asked yesterday but nobody replied, so I just figured it wasn't released online.

Those look great! My leader at Team Valor looks cool as fuck. Thanks!
No worries, sorry I missed your request last time: I guess I missed it somehow among all the queries about IVs and stuff :3

Se_7_eN

With the servers acting funky right now, I hope to god that means they're working on the nearby list.

giphy.gif

Finally I bothered to "fix" the pokedex glitching on my phone. Seems like it happens more on s7/s7edge. Had to change my display settings from adaptive to AMOLED Cinema and Scaling to condensed then restart phone.

Finally I bothered to "fix" the pokedex glitching on my phone. Seems like it happens more on s7/s7edge. Had to change my display settings from adaptive to AMOLED Cinema and Scaling to condensed then restart phone.
What glitch are you having? I have same phone and haven't noticed anything.

Red Fire

Alright folks, for those who wish the Nearby feature was working as intended but don't want to use one of the many pinpoint map apps out there, I hacked this together:

https://kyuur.github.io/nearbypokemon

Not sure how it'll hold up with many people accessing, might need to move it to an actual dedicated host and possibly my own CORS proxy (currently uses crossorigin.me to grab the Pokevision data).

I... i think i love you.

THANKS

Edit: Question, does it update by itself or do i have to refresh the page to do so? Just curious it's great either way

These any help?

Best dps pokemon by attack type: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/highest-pokemon-dps-per-type

attacker calculator: put the defender in the field at the top and it'll tell you the best counters to them: https://pokeassistant.com/main/index
Also on the same site is the team suggester where you put all the defenders in and it'll work out teams you could use: https://pokeassistant.com/main/teamsuggest

Thanks!

if only gengar was immune to normal

32 dps is just unfair man

and to troll gengar even further, snorlax has lick

Yeah my 800 CP Snorolax has lick and body slam. If I could level him up more I would.

But Gengar not being immune to normal is some straight BS.

Muku

Wow. What a site. I'm sure that's probably really common, too, but damn that looks like a lot of stops. The most I've ever seen in my town in a cluster was probably 5-6.

I'll be heading a few hours down to Columbia South Carolina in a couple weeks. Anyone hunting around down there?

Nice! I'm originally from SC. Not living there these days, but my sister who lives in Columbia says the other week downtown was just full of folks. She thought there was some kind of event going on. Then realized they were all playing Pokemon Go. XD Sounds like things are pretty happening up there for it from her, so I hope you'll have happy hunting there!

AdanVC

I'm level 14 and I still haven't gotten any 10kg eggs :( Does they appear randomly on Pokestops or once you reach a certain level???

Muku

omg all these leader comics and other pieces are killing me. XD Even my husband is dying laughing at some. Also should note, poor Spark. Gets no love. LOL

Saw a Snorlax nearby with only 5 mins left before despawn so I make a run for it, arrive at the spot with 2 mins left on the timer and the fucking servers decide to shit the bed and not let me on. Snorlax disappears and one minute later the game starts working perfectly.

FUCKING. HATE. THIS. GAME.

Kyuur

I... i think i love you.

THANKS

Edit: Question, does it update by itself or do i have to refresh the page to do so? Just curious it's great either way

It auto refreshes every 30 seconds. On most mobile browsers if you went back to the app and then reopened the browser it should perform the auto refresh then.

Vuze

Got a 1079 CP Lapras and a 100% perfect Eevee today :OO
Which evolution should I "pick" for Eevee? (If the renaming easter egg is still deemed accurate)
Vaporeon or Jolteon are the good ones right?

Zafir

I was lucky enough to get a Pikachu in a 2k egg the other day, was super happy. First time I'd come across it (I'm level 19)

AdanVC

I'm on a roll!! Just got this too! First one, much excite!

Lol

screenshot_2016-07-28tqsm5.png

It's the most popular Pokémon and it's weird it rarelly appears on Pokemon Go so yeah, congrats! Funny how he is the only one with his famous pika pika voice while all others have those computer generated screams of hell hahah.

Muku

It's the most popular Pokémon and it's weird it rarelly appears on Pokemon Go so yeah, congrats! Funny how he is the only one with his famous pika pika voice while all others have those computer generated screams of hell hahah.

Delelelewhooooooop!

Found an Aerodactyl one block from the appartment, and a Vaporeon while walking towards the station. A Rhyhorn spawned outside when I got home.

I can't believe how much more Pokémon spawn in cities. I'm already dreading having to return home to my rural little town. :(

It seems the Pokegods decided to make up for the Snorlax incident and spawned a Charmander and Tentacruel like 200 m from my house. Thanks Pokegods.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got a 741 Growlithe from a 5K egg. What kinds of places do I find more of these dudes?

...aren't these everywhere? I must have 100 of them just in a regular old suburban neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom