• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been monitoring a number of spawn points and they're very precise, repeating the pattern each hour.

Do you mean that the same pokemon are spawning within an hour window, say, 2 pidgey, a weedle, and an oddish at 15 minute intervals, or that the timing is precise but random pokemon spawn?

I would agree that it's precise, but occasionally the game throws a rare pokemon in when I'd expect something more common; time of day seems to be an obvious factor in types of pokemon appearing, too, but I'm not sure if that's coincidental or not.

Hatched 6 2k eggs at once yesterday.

-Pidgey
-Pidgey
-Caterpie
-Rattata
-Magikarp (Hey, I actually could use these candies)
-Caterpie

Not a single starter... So sad. I still don't have any stage 2 starters.

I need 1 more Bulba, 2 more Squirtles, and like 5 more Charmanders just for their stage 2s...

Firemind

Just random thought I don't get how Dragonair turns into dragonite.
9e9912c1abb92f7b66165654d2be320c1e2dd251_hq.jpg

Banzai

Yesterday:
Kabuto
Scyther
Dewgong
Seadra
Porygon
Eggxecute
Bellsprout
Slowpoke

Today:
Blastoise
Hitmonlee
Nidorino

Yeah, feeling good.

GulAtiCa

On Saturday while at the mall to see a movie, there were no Pokemon that ever showed up (had phones out before it started). Was kinda odd. Esp since right next to the movie theater were a few Pokestops & 2 gyms.

Ruff

It's funny lurking on the Botting Discord and watching everyone panic about Ban Waves whenever the servers go down.

Durden77

Just dropped a lure now I can't connect. Excellent.

It'd be cool if Niantac could say like a single sentence about possibly the biggest game ever made.

Qwark

Just random thought I don't get how Dragonair turns into dragonite.

I think the urban legend is that Magikarp was supposed to evolve into Dragonite, and Dragonair was supposed to evolve into Gyardos, and then they switched them. I'm not sure if there's any truth in that though. I heard a similar thing for Venonat to Butterfree and Metapod to Venomoth.

Dragonite is the ultimate troll Pokémon. Dragonair makes you think it's going to evolve into some majestic creature and then it turns into whatever the fuck that is.

I always thought it was based on some legend though

Magikarp is at least based on a Japanese myth. That if went into a waterfall and turned into a dragon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
With the venonat and butterfree thing you can really see it in the designs.

latest

Dragonite was just a troll.

juicyb

Man I had a Dragonite spawn yesterday and I used 12 ultra balls and razzberies whenever I could and then on the 13th ball he ran. CP was ??? and I checked and it was 1600. I'm so down still T.T

EL CUCO

Man, I feel bad for anyone playing on PTC account. Feels like 80% of the time I look, it's down. Cant run Pokevision right now, yet I'm in game just fine through Google account.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't even start counting how many new people I've started talking to/becoming buddies with since I started this (overall shit) game. Whenever I'm in town now, which is every day for obvious, I get people waving/starting a conversation with me... not 100% sure if I'm liking it or not, but it's rather impossible not to be polite when someone just starts a discussion with you regarding the game.

Anyway, I just got back from (yet another) 13h session. Completely pooped.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like Zubat's design at all but I felt really bad for that Zubat.

Kyuur

Arg, PTC always goes down right around the time I'm about to get off work and go test the Nearby tracker outside of my neighbourhood. I know a place where Magnemite spawns and I want to farm them a bit. :|

I can't even start counting how many new people I've started talking to/becoming buddies with since I started this (overall shit) game. Whenever I'm in town now, which is every day for obvious, I get people waving/starting a conversation with me... not 100% sure if I'm liking it or not, but it's rather impossible not to be polite when someone just starts a discussion with you regarding the game.

Oh god Yoshi, I didn't know you had gotten into this too. I can only imagine how much your playstyle is killing you.

Chaos17

I think that's better than my situation when players try to pretend each other don't exist while playing 1-2 meters away of each other. We don't even make eye contact >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom