• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
How many 10k eggs does everyone get? I've gotten 7 so far at lvl 17. Snorlax, vaporeon and aerodactyl being my best finds from them. Still got 2 I need to hatch. Wish incubators weren't such a ripoff to buy.
Also level 17, and I'm on my 2nd one :(

Is http://trackemon.com slow at scanning for anyone else at the moment? It quickly replaced pokevision for me as my 'scouting' tool (aka, is there something worth leaving the house for) when I'm at home due to how crazy fast it was and it finding stuff that pokevision seemed to miss but when I've been trying it today it's taking forever to scan :/

edit: Heh, ok pokevision is completely down due to PTC exploding again so I guess taking a crazy long time to scan is better than not working at all :p

JOiIq9O.jpg

Lucky Egg time.

did you pay to get that amount of incubator? I saw on the wiki that you have a small chance to get one through pokestop
I'm still somewhat convinced that people getting an incubator from a pokestop is actually them levelling up from the xp gained from using a pokestop, getting it as a level up reward and mistakenly attributing it to the pokestop :/

Naudi

Banned
WTF have you purchased any incubators? I'm level 22 and have had only 1, FeelsBadMan

I have not purchased any no. I started playing last weekend, got 5 10k eggs first night. My wife and bro in law who had been playing last few weeks and only had 3 between them were pissed lol

So not sure if someone has already posted this theory or finding, but I wanted to share something to see if you wanted to use it and confirm.

I think I found that there are distinct spawn points for pokemon and they seem to spawn at the same time each hour. There is a point just outside of my office building that I've been watching and noticed that about the same time each day, something would spawn - usually a Magikarp.

Watching it more, I noticed that every hour at 45 past the hour (like 10:45, 11:45, etc) something would spawn at this same location. When they spawn, the aren't the same Pokemon, but almost seem like they fall within a class (maybe rarity or Pokemon Type). This particular spot has spawned Magikarp as well as Dratini and Slowbros whereas another I found spawned DoDuo's, pidgey's and Ratattats.

Has anyone else mentioned this before, is this something already well known or proven? Sorry if it is, but if not, anyone want to confirm?

zroid

Banned
is it just me or are Golbats really f'ing hard to catch? They fly so high that it's really hard to actually hit them with a Poké Ball. And their hitboxes aren't that big either.

So not sure if someone has already posted this theory or finding, but I wanted to share something to see if you wanted to use it and confirm.

I think I found that there are distinct spawn points for pokemon and they seem to spawn at the same time each hour. There is a point just outside of my office building that I've been watching and noticed that about the same time each day, something would spawn - usually a Magikarp.

Watching it more, I noticed that every hour at 45 past the hour (like 10:45, 11:45, etc) something would spawn at this same location. When they spawn, the aren't the same Pokemon, but almost seem like they fall within a class (maybe rarity or Pokemon Type). This particular spot has spawned Magikarp as well as Dratini and Slowbros whereas another I found spawned DoDuo's, pidgey's and Ratattats.

Has anyone else mentioned this before, is this something already well known or proven? Sorry if it is, but if not, anyone want to confirm?

There's been some discussion about this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongod...awn_myths_debunked_aka_the_truth_about_spawn/
In which they do seem to agree that there are at least a number of spawns that spawn every 60 seconds. There seems to be some debate on there perhaps being overlapping spawns, some spawns that have different spawning cycles (e.g. 30 seconds instead of 60) and whatnot but it's all interesting reading :3

edit:
is it just me or are Golbats really f'ing hard to catch? They fly so high that it's really hard to actually hit them with a Poké Ball. And their hitboxes aren't that big either.
When in doubt against a pokemon that's in the air, just throw as high as possible. I've never successfully thrown a pokeball OVER a zubat, aerodactyl or the like so it's possible they have a crazy high hitbox :3

CrazE

Banned
There's been some discussion about this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongod...awn_myths_debunked_aka_the_truth_about_spawn/
In which they do seem to agree that there are at least a number of spawns that spawn every 60 seconds. There seems to be some debate on there perhaps being overlapping spawns, some spawns that have different spawning cycles (e.g. 30 seconds instead of 60) and whatnot but it's all interesting reading :3

edit:
When in doubt against a pokemon that's in the air, just throw as high as possible. I've never successfully thrown a pokeball OVER a zubat, aerodactyl or the like so it's possible they have a crazy high hitbox :3

Where I live, there's a spawn point down a couple houses that like clock work, a Rattata will spawn and Nidoran, both boys and girls. And then every so often it'll spawn something cool.. like an Onyx, or Jigglypuff... I see this on Pokevision.

In Pokevision we trust.

LucidFlux

It is known. I have a similar spot in the parking lot of my office. There is a water feature right next to a high congestion area and at 30 past every hour I can walk out there and expect to see a mix of Magikarp, Slowbros, Psyduck and Dratini.

CrfvGSq.jpg

Where I live, there's a spawn point down a couple houses that like clock work, a Rattata will spawn and Nidoran, both boys and girls. And then every so often it'll spawn something cool.. like an Onyx, or Jigglypuff... I see this on Pokevision.

In Pokevision we trust.
I trust Trackemon more now, Pokevision misses too many pokemon :p
Sadly the PTCs are down right now so Trackemon is scanning hellishly slow, but that's still better than pokevision which isn't running at all XD

zroid

Banned
Uh so I just caught a Drowzee and it gave me a +100 XP "Bonus" in addition to the 100 for catching it

it just said "Bonus", it wasn't an excellent throw... so what is that?

FFMafia

Uh so I just caught a Drowzee and it gave me a +100 XP "Bonus" in addition to the 100 for catching it

it just said "Bonus", it wasn't an excellent throw... so what is that?

For catching 100 of the same Pokemon. Your case, drowZee. I got it for Pidgy, as do almost everyone lol

Ferrio

Banned
So has there been any talk of fixing the poke finder? That was by far the biggest draw to me. Sitting at a pokestop all day and throwing money at isn't really as appealing.

Scyther in my area and Pokevision is down. Anyone have another link I can check with?

For something immediate, if you're on your phone this is excellent:
after tweaking the back-end, my mobile browser finder is cranking at about 1 good scan per 10 seconds and no empty scans. https://pokemonnearby.io/ ... one and done scan
or https://pokemonnearby.io/test.html ... walking version that updates footprints and distances as you walk.

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

: end of post that can't be seen by non gaf members.

h2H6IJq.png

The asterisks indicate rarity from statistics of 10,000+ spawns collected over random locations. The more stars the less frequently that pokemon is seen. All but the legendaries spawn, just some very infrequently.

If you're on PC and not using the desktop map thing because of various reasons I tend towards http://www.trackemon.com/ rather than pokevision but with the PTC logins down, it's running slow (but still working at least :3 )

Zafir

I also thought the same pokemon spawn at a similar time each week as well.

Two weeks ago I noticed a Dratini in my works car park as I was going out for lunch, and I noticed it today at the same time. Could be a coincidence, of course, but I dunno, seemed rather convenient.

Falchion

About to head to a meetup that several thousand people have RSVP'd to on Facebook. Hopefully it's nuts and there's some good Pokemon around.

Azole

Neo Member
Gyms. I know the max you can get is 100 coins from 10 gyms in 24hr. Question: you can only claim the coins and dusts once? Say if I took over a gym, placed my Pokemon there, get the reward and decided to claim it. If I claimed the reward and decided to go after another gym, I won't be able to claim the second one because I already claim the first one? Meaning I need to get 10 gyms first before claiming to get the max reward and hope no one takes over? Thanks.

Red Fire

Gyms. I know the max you can get is 100 coins from 10 gyms in 24hr. Question: you can only claim the coins and dusts once? Say if I took over a gym, placed my Pokemon there, get the reward and decided to claim it. If I claimed the reward and decided to go after another gym, I won't be able to claim the second one because I already claim the first one? Meaning I need to get 10 gyms first before claiming to get the max reward and hope no one takes over? Thanks.

Yes exactly. No matter what, you can only reclaim your reward once the countdown is back to 0.

XpopcornX

Banned
So going around I noticed how miserable my pokemon must be for challenging gyms. Just wondering if these are good at all:

606 CP Hypno
578 CP Pidgeot (Barely powered up)
450 CP Gloom (Will the Vileplume be worth the time and effort?)
850 CP Vaporeon
387 CP Beedrill and 343 CP Raticate (Guessing both are shit but I'm just wondering)

Mik2121

The maps here in Japan seem to be completely fucked up (roads missing, rivers cut, roads going through buildings, etc..). It didn't happen during the first few days but for the last 3 days it's been there. It doesn't affect gameplay since the spots are in the correct loves, but still... looks terrible and it's hard to know if the spot can be reached or not since the road doesn't show up many times.

Does this happen anywhere else?

Durden77

Where was that nearby locator created by a GAF member that was very similar to the one in the game again? I don't want to use Pokevision, but there's a Squirtle nearby...

Thanks! I'll keep the link handy. I tried the Trackemon but I'm on my phone.
No worries. Trackemon works on a phone but it seems a bit tempermental sometimes when used on my phone's chrome. Works great on my PC though :3
Just scanned an area on pokevision and trackemon at the same time to double check and there were 3 pokemon that trackemon found that pokevision missed :s

One of the most pathetic Dragonite?
Mv4GsGd.jpg

Seems about average to good (53% to 80%): https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator#149,47,18,200,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom