• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

Let's say you hold only 2 eggs. And you can only afford 1 blue incubator.
Go walk 15km.
With 5kms in red and 2km in blue, you'll hatch 6 eggs total.
With 5kms in blue and 2kms in red, you hatch 10.
To hatch that many the other way, you'll have to buy 2 incubators instead of 1.

But you are assuming that the only measurable thing here is total # of eggs hatched. I value speed (ie, egg turnover far more). Sure, maybe it's more economical from a total eggs hatched perspective, but I don't buy incubators because I want to be thrifty. I buy them because I want eggs hatched as quickly as possible. In effect, it makes no difference which way I use incubators. It literally has zero impact when using your 2 incubator example.

Using your example:

1) 5KM in red and 2KM in blue - In 6KM I would have cycled through 4 eggs, meaning I have 4 more shots at getting 10KM eggs.

2) 5KM in blue and 2KM in red - exact same eggs hatched in 6KM.

However, instead of using an arbitrary, either-or 2 incubator example, I'll expand it further and show my way is much better for speed and egg turn over. Let's say you have 3 incubators:

1) 2x 5KM in the blues and a 2KM in red (the apparent preferred strategy) - In 10KM you hatch 9 eggs - a full inventory cycled. But if you go the other way

2) 2x 2KM in the blues and 1 5KM in the red (my preferred strategy) - In 10KM you hatch 12 eggs. 3 more than the preferred, meaning 3 more shots at find 10KM eggs. This gap gets even bigger as you go.

So in effect, if you buy several incubators, you are actually better off putting lower KM eggs in the blue.

Septic360

Banned
Just ran out of my office to try and catch a Snorlax. Couldnt find it! Met another group of people running around frantically trying to find it.

WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?!

cap is lvl 40 atm

Do pokemon CP caps increase as well? I thought I'd heard that wild Pokemon CPs stop increasing at 30 and hatched CPs at 20 (or was the other way around?) but I forgot that every pokemon's CP cap increases as you level up. Dunno if there's a cap on that before the hard level cap of 40 or not.

But you are assuming that the only measurable thing here is total # of eggs hatched. I value speed (ie, egg turnover far more). Sure, maybe it's more economical from a total eggs hatched perspective, but I don't buy incubators because I want to be thrifty. I buy them because I want eggs hatched as quickly as possible. In effect, it makes no difference which way I use incubators. It literally has zero impact when using your 2 incubator example.

I guess it depends on what you're trying to optimize for. If money is no object or you're trying to hatch multiple eggs as quickly as possible, your approach totally makes sense. If you're just trying to get by with whatever incubators you get at level-up, or you don't want to spend a lot on incubators, it makes more sense to stretch them out as long as possible instead of burning them on 2km eggs.

adamy

Banned
My newest favoritest addition:

image.png

sick move set and high IV, gotta power him up ASAP

too bad I went through 100k dust last night on Pokemon I'll prolly never use

Using your example:

1) 5KM in red and 2KM in blue - In 6KM I would have cycled through 4 eggs, meaning I have 4 more shots at getting 10KM eggs.

2) 5KM in blue and 2KM in red - exact same eggs hatched in 6KM.

However, instead of using an arbitrary, either-or 2 incubator example, I'll expand it further and show my way is much better for speed and egg turn over. Let's say you have 3 incubators:

1) 2x 5KM in the blues and a 2KM in red (the apparent preferred strategy) - In 10KM you hatch 9 eggs - a full inventory cycled. But if you go the other way

2) 2x 2KM in the blues and 1 5KM in the red (my preferred strategy) - In 10KM you hatch 12 eggs. 3 more than the preferred, meaning 3 more shots at find 10KM eggs. This gap gets even bigger as you go.

So in effect, if you buy several incubators, you are actually better off putting lower KM eggs in the blue.

Take your preferred example. Yes, it's better than your preceding example at hatching eggs rapidly, but that's because of the variable of 2 2k and 1 5k vs 1 2k and 2 5ks at a time.
You'd still make your example more cost effective simply by putting one of those 2ks into the red incubator instead of the blue one. You'd hatch just as rapidly, but one of your blue ones would break less often.

adamy

Banned
Appreciate it, thanks

I went back 2 pages and the link the other poster provided wasn't posted once.

the link that dude posted right below you is what I use

it's sometimes important to keep refining until you get exact or close to exact IV

the site lists instructions on refining

AdanVC

I've been using Pokevision while Niantic solves the damn 3 step bug but now I discovered this app for PC/Mac users wich seems to be waaay more accurate and fast than Pokevision but you have to log-in with either your Google/Pokemon account but I'm worried my account could get banned by Niantic or something if I do???? Don't know if I should download it because of that : /

Moff

I've been using Pokevision while Niantic solves the damn 3 step bug but now I discovered this app for PC/Mac users wich seems to be waaay more accurate and fast than Pokevision but you have to log-in with either your Google/Pokemon account but I'm worried my account could get banned by Niantic or something if I do???? Don't know if I should download it because of that : /

make a quick alt account with another email adress, do not take that risk

Banzai

Got plenty of Squirtles, Wartortles and even 2 Blastoises now but the other starters and their evolutions don't want to show. At least I saw a Bulbasaur once. It ran away.

aett

Has anyone else noticed any nests changing?

You may have heard about the Dratini nest in Rancho Cordova, CA. Today everyone woke up to all of the Dratini replaced by Eevee:

Similarly, an Electabuzz nest in Roseville, CA now features Jynx instead.

It's possible that it's a glitch, or maybe Niantic's way of responding to the many, many complaints by the residents around the former Dratini area (police have been patrolling the area constantly over the last week due to loitering and traffic incidents). Some people are also wondering if certain nests or populated areas just... change up their Pokemon every few weeks or so.

You may have heard about the Dratini nest in Rancho Cordova, CA. Today everyone woke up to all of the Dratini replaced by Eevee:

j4fFw

It's possible that it's a glitch, or maybe Niantic's way of responding to the many, many complaints by the residents around the former Dratini area (police have been patrolling the area constantly over the last week due to loitering and traffic incidents). Some people are also wondering if certain nests or populated areas just... change up their Pokemon every few weeks or so.

while using the python program for the first 6 days in search of blastoise i had no results, then caught 4 in 1 day, does that count?

Busaiku

I was at a place that had Ponyta, within an hour or so, all the Ponyta disappeared and there are now Bellsprout everywhere.

PSFan

Got plenty of Squirtles, Wartortles and even 2 Blastoises now but the other starters and their evolutions don't want to show. At least I saw a Bulbasaur once. It ran away.

I have that problem in my neighborhood but with Bulbasaur. I see Bulbasaurs all the time and Ivysaurs. I've even seen Venusaur once or twice. But Squirtle doesn't show up very often and I've only just started seeing Charmanders from time to time. And never seen any of their evolutions, and I live a couple blocks from the ocean, lol.

AdanVC

it works amazingly, caught 16 snorlaxs with it and many more rares. that damn charizard still eludes me though.

Yes! Just by using it for 5 minutes you can tell the inmmense difference and accuracy compared to Pokevision. Damn and I've been looking for a Snorlax since day one D: He is one of my fave Pokémon and literally the main reason I'm using this radar things hah! Hope you can catch that damn Charizard soon!

Yes! Just by using it for 5 minutes you can tell the inmmense difference and accuracy compared to Pokevision. Damn and I've been looking for a Snorlax since day one D: He is one of my fave Pokémon and literally the main reason I'm using this radar things hah! Hope you can catch that damn Charizard soon!
Id gladly trade every snorlax I have for a decent charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom