• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude what the fuck, just had a Ryhorn show up for the first time at CP 60 something and I catch the fucker no sweat, only for the GOTCHA to load into a fucking DODUO.

He didn't even show up in my Pokedex and I know I'm not nuts because I literally showed my coworker who already has a Ryhorn that I was about to get one.

#NaCl

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Dude what the fuck, just had a Ryhorn show up for the first time at CP 60 something and I catch the fucker no sweat, only for the GOTCHA to load into a fucking DODUO.

He didn't even show up in my Pokedex and I know I'm not nuts because I literally shower my coworker who already has a Ryhorn that I was about to get one.

#NaCl

You've captured the first Ditto

Has anyone else noticed any nests changing?

You may have heard about the Dratini nest in Rancho Cordova, CA. Today everyone woke up to all of the Dratini replaced by Eevee:

Similarly, an Electabuzz nest in Roseville, CA now features Jynx instead.

It's possible that it's a glitch, or maybe Niantic's way of responding to the many, many complaints by the residents around the former Dratini area (police have been patrolling the area constantly over the last week due to loitering and traffic incidents). Some people are also wondering if certain nests or populated areas just... change up their Pokemon every few weeks or so.
They really should. My play has already dropped off because it's the same shit in my neighborhood over and over. Now I pretty much only play on the weekend when I can go out with a group.

aett

They really should. My play has already dropped off because it's the same shit in my neighborhood over and over. Now I pretty much only play on the weekend when I can go out with a group.

My coworkers and I have only noticed a very slight change in the Pokemon around our office - Ponytas are less common, but Growlithes and Machops are more common now. I hope the next step is to have more Pokemon appear in rural areas, but I have a feeling that it will never work that way thanks to the way the entire system works.

Noticing less people on this right? I don't see anywhere near the same foot traffic in nyc.

Yeah the casuals are dwindling. Having to have the app on hurts it the most with longevity. Server issues, constant pidgey and ratatta. It becomes a chore going out everyday to find new Pokemon when you have a job, family, etc.

adamy

Banned
Noticing less people on this right? I don't see anywhere near the same foot traffic in nyc.

Los Angeles here, foot traffic is still insane

If you're in the city virtually every stop has a lure activated

Guess all the true Pokemon masters are on the west coast ;)

panda-zebra

Some sort of exploit? Somebody posted these shots of a gym in town, there's this one and 2 others, all level 10 and all populated by very high level accounts all with very similar names.

4ewz72.jpg
3qmli0.jpg
25jaiw.jpg
1xwx0w.jpg

Something iffy going on or just a huge coincidence?

royox

pokemonnearby.io

I was going to switch it off for good just now, because Niantic pushed a change that throttles API drastically.

I don't really want to do an end-run around this with heaps of dummy accounts or heaps of virtual IPs so I just slowed down the search so it takes 60 seconds to scan, and further limited the number of searches that can go on at one time.

On the plus side I modified my facsimile of "nearby", it updates as you walk without refreshing from the server:
https://pokemonearby.io/nearby.html

VXWogYZ.png

but really, with the number of people who try to use the URL every few seconds, there isn't a good solution. building it out for scale and then finding in X days Niantic start blocking by IP or something is a total waste of time.

How do I watch it like you? I'm still watching the list even on the phone.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Some sort of exploit? Somebody posted these shots of a gym in town, there's this one and 2 others, all level 10 and all populated by very high level accounts all with very similar names.

cheaters

flkraven

Yeah the casuals are dwindling. Having to have the app on hurts it the most with longevity. Server issues, constant pidgey and ratatta. It becomes a chore going out everyday to find new Pokemon when you have a job, family, etc.

I wish there was a less resource hungry version of the app that could always be running just as a basic step counter or something for the incubator. Or heck, I should be able to integrate my Google Fit stuff from my fitness band.

FZZ

Banned

I have a smurf account, but it's super low level lol

Has anyone else noticed any nests changing?

You may have heard about the Dratini nest in Rancho Cordova, CA. Today everyone woke up to all of the Dratini replaced by Eevee:

Similarly, an Electabuzz nest in Roseville, CA now features Jynx instead.

It's possible that it's a glitch, or maybe Niantic's way of responding to the many, many complaints by the residents around the former Dratini area (police have been patrolling the area constantly over the last week due to loitering and traffic incidents). Some people are also wondering if certain nests or populated areas just... change up their Pokemon every few weeks or so.

Interesting. The Jynx nest by where I live is still a Jynx nest, however.

Muku

no, every time i've used incense one pokemon appears instantly.

incense should work better while moving though.

My luck with incense is pretty lackluster for most part... until last night. Definately don't use it sitting at your house. I had like maybe 3 show up whole time when I did that. So not worth it. Even walking to the park and moving that way provided only a little more. Didn't feel like it was worth it.

Last night though, I was like "I have all these incense to use, ugh." But I ride bus home every evening and not sure why I didn't think of it before. With incense and moving around, I was finding a ton of Pokemon. So much better. A normal ride home can be pretty lucrative to kind of meh, but even meh a bit can pop up. But with incense it was pretty awesome. My incense last night are what spawn the Nidoran males that I need to transfer to work on getting a Nidoking. It spawned the Magikarp that is desperately needed. And it spawned a Lickitung right before I got home. And successfully caught with some work.

Only thing is on bus gotta be pretty quick to respond. I had the map zoomed out so if we passed a lure one, it'd be easier to see. Since they pop up where you are, they were on road behind us. Going to be using the rest on the bus now as well.

Toki767

Caught a 1081 Dragonair last night. Seems like it has 89% IVs. Sounds like a keeper. Now if I can only catch like 5 more Dratini to evolve it.

Biske

I wish there was a less resource hungry version of the app that could always be running just as a basic step counter or something for the incubator. Or heck, I should be able to integrate my Google Fit stuff from my fitness band.

I would settle for just being able to have the program run in the background so I can hatch eggs, maybe even automatically collect poke stop rewards.

As it stands it's been so hot and this app heats my phone up so much (to the point I get battery warnings) that I'm no longer gonna play it during the day time.

Muku

It started last week or week before. Traffic has been way down. But maybe it's just my neighborhood park. Not sure if folks have flocked elsewhere for their fix or what. But during week I'm stuck to it, and it's been pretty boring. That's why lately done some gym stuff around here.

FZZ

Banned
Wait they changed nests

There's no more Dratini nests?

wtf I wasn't able to get my Dragonite in time because I had finals for my summer class. I'm stuck at 50 candies

Vipu

Banned
Guess everyone doesnt have this bug with their game since some have catched all possible pokemons.

My bug is literally gamebreaking, whenever I see Grimer my game crashes and I have to go to setting and clean all data before the game works again.

This have happened few times now.
2 times when I see it in nearby list and when I find it my game crashes just when it should pop on my screen.
1 time it was in gym defending, if I click that gym my game crashes...

How can I catch it if this keeps happening, if its bug only with some phones im afraid this will never get fixed.

panda-zebra

None of y'all care about the nest changes?

This is some serious bullshit imo

Are you saying they all changed?

About 8 hours ago we went to a Pikachu nest and a Magmar nest and both offered up what we expected.

My bug is literally gamebreaking, whenever I see Grimer my game crashes and I have to go to setting and clean all data before the game works again.

I can't look at mine in the pokédex or my game will hang after a few frames of animation. It's started doing it with a few around it as well, so try not to use it now.

Vipu

Banned

Same in my town, my town is really small (30k people) and suddenly some very high level accounts take gyms here all with same name but with 1, 2, 3, 4 etc after their name.
Obvious bot or gps spoofer with multiple accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom