• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys say its better to evolve a cp51 poke to its final stage and then level it up, or raise it and then evolve for that cp spike?

I'm thinking purely long term. Like ultimately who would be the strongest poke? The one with the cp spike or the one raised from dirt?

jts

...hate me...
The Pokemon GO Live Map app and Pokevision show me totally different Pokemon lol.

I actually never hunted them like that. I might give it a go tonight but I’m not sure which should I follow.

Would you guys say its better to evolve a cp51 poke to its final stage and then level it up, or raise it and then evolve for that cp spike?

I'm thinking purely long term. Like ultimately who would be the strongest poke? The one with the cp spike or the one raised from dirt?

Don't waste your time and resources powering up a Pokemon, you'll catch a better CP one eventually. And no, starting from scratch doesn't make a difference. All Pokemon have set stat values so it doesn't matter where you start.

Guess everyone doesnt have this bug with their game since some have catched all possible pokemons.

My bug is literally gamebreaking, whenever I see Grimer my game crashes and I have to go to setting and clean all data before the game works again.

This have happened few times now.
2 times when I see it in nearby list and when I find it my game crashes just when it should pop on my screen.
1 time it was in gym defending, if I click that gym my game crashes...

How can I catch it if this keeps happening, if its bug only with some phones im afraid this will never get fixed.

Someone mentioned the Grimer glitch on a podcast I was listening to yesterday, so it's definitely not just you.

panda-zebra

Yep, just checked the mad Magmar spawn we visited earlier with Pokemon GO Live Map and it's now showing Electrabuzz instead...

magmarmagmarmagmarmag7bsrj.png

buzzkill78sft.png

FZZ

Banned
first world problem if i ever saw one

Well obviously

But now I can't get a Dragonite when it was literally the only thing I was looking forward to after grinding 20 levels in this damn game, getting 1 10km egg that was an eevee, having the game freeze on me trying to catch a charizard, and missing out on a venusaur and snorlax cause the tracker was busted

My rarest pokemon is a Tangela lmfao

edit: it's even worse because as of now no known dratini nests exist anymore

If I knew 5km eggs were 900 xp I would've popped a lucky egg first.

Oh well, I guess I'll just spin to win soon! I need to hit 20 before I get more eggs, though. H mm...

I was under the impression that a raised pokemon would get higher stats then one caught with a high cp?

Well, yes and no. Every Pokemon species has a set stat value that they can achieve. Without going into IVs, let's just say every Charmander can get to 1200 CP, fully raised. Starting fresh at 12 CP doesn't increase that Charmanders potential because it's max is 1200 CP. you don't get any bonuses for starting at the bottom. Since stardust and candy is so hard to come by, you'll be wasting those resources powering it up. Why? Let's say, down the road, you come across a "better" Charmander with a CP of 600. The new Charmander still has a max potential of 1200 CP, but now you can use way less Stardust and Candy to reach that max.

So in the end, it doesn't matter where you start but you will be better off being more efficient with your resources.

l2ounD

So does the white half circle thing represent? I thought it was CP but I had lower CP of the same pokemon reach farther to the right on the half circle thing..

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this was inevitable but niantic are making things much worse, the game is awfully balanced and they are going to drive away a lot of players if things don't change

yeah, to be honest i am surprised how much time i have put into this broken piece of shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, the growlithe nest that was so awesome on tuesday is basically just commons now for us. Nooo. There's a park I haven't been to a bit further away, probably too far to bike, that is a growlithe nest now. But that park was so good for Tuesdays :'( I'm gonna go back and commiserate with everyone about the growlithe migration lol

So does the white half circle thing represent? I thought it was CP but I had lower CP of the same pokemon reach farther to the right on the half circle thing..

That's the effect of different IVs (or Individual Values if you've never seen the term before). Higher IVs mean a slightly higher CP cap. That's why you can see a pokemon A with a higher CP but further away from the cap than pokemon B: pokemon A has better IVs.

Dude, tons of us don't even have nests anywhere near us. I live in the most populated region of Canada and there is fuck all for nests.

Whereabouts do you live? If it's an urban area, it seems really unlikely that you have absolutely no nests. (If it's Toronto, we absolutely have nests here.)

flkraven

That's the effect of different IVs (or Individual Values if you've never seen the term before). Higher IVs mean a slightly higher CP cap. That's why you can see a pokemon A with a higher CP but further away from the cap than pokemon B: pokemon A has better IVs.

Whereabouts do you live? If it's an urban area, it seems really unlikely that you have absolutely no nests. (If it's Toronto, we absolutely have nests here.)

I live in the Niagara region and have been hunting all the way up in Mississauga. What nests are in TO?

Where are GTA nests?

I live in the Niagara region and have been hunting all the way up in Mississauga. What nests are in TO?

Nests tend to be in parks, btw.

Basically what Pineconn said, many of our nests are in parks. The northern bit of Trinity Bellwoods Park was a Pinsir nest, appears to be Magmars now. The northern part of Riverdale Park East had a Charmander spot, dunno what it is now. The Tangelas at Coronation Park downtown have been replaced with Cubones. Doduos out by Sunnyside Pavilion are now Ponytas. And so on and so forth. As for Mississauga specifically, check /r/pokemongotoronto (and probably /r/pokemongogta). I feel like I heard about some Mississauga-specific ones there but because I'm never out there, I didn't pay any attention to them.

Many of these nests are easy to find once you throw one of the mapping tools at an area, but even without that people discovered a bunch of nests through word of mouth (that Charmander spot, for example, was on Reddit, and people near Fort York knew about the Tangelas).

KevinRo

Too many cheaters in this game. GPS spoofing and using Niantic's API to find the pokemon location? Why even play the video game?

I don't blame them though. I mean, I can't find where the damn pokemon are on my game and I'm stuck with noting but pidgeys and rattattas.

Maximus P

Yeah, iv'e found two nests...A charmander nest and a Squirtle nest. Both are in large-ish parks on the outskirts of Sheffiled UK.

This is what the one of them looks like

JLyRrqJ.jpg

Edit: sorry if some feel this is cheating. I actually stumbled across this one totally by luck when I was there with my kids. (well, sort of. My friend told me about it and I visited it a few days later)

mokeyjoe

this was inevitable but niantic are making things much worse, the game is awfully balanced and they are going to drive away a lot of players if things don't change

Well I've been playing it less too, but I'm still into it once I boot it up. They need to fix stuff, but they can pull people back in with new features. The app is free after all.

At least the servers are generally up now.

I'm not in a big city. I don't know if the parks in my immediate area qualify as a nest, or at least they might be "weaker" nests than other's I've seen in screenshots. This park a couple blocks down spawns Machop, along with a lot of other things. But I can go there to see some Machop spawn pretty consistently. They're not spawning like mad or anything. They seem pretty evenly mixed in with the other pokemon spawns, but Machop spawn nowhere else in my city, only there.

A mile and a half away (or so) is another park that consistently spawns Lickitungs at a greater capacity than the Machop spawn at the first park I mentioned. So that might be a real nest nest. I've never seen a Lickitung anywhere else at all.

I don't know what spawns in those places now though. Haven't checked yet.

CEJames

cips9LY.jpg
qtPQd1m.jpg

Is this too much? I thought it might've been good advertisement for Team Instinct lol We exist.

I got a few honks but not sure if it was jellyness or a fellow Instinct.

Anywayz. Team Instinct 4eva :p

Ape

Banned
What's crazy is that i really thought this game would have a bigger following on gaf. Only two pages??? There's literally millions and millions of people playing a new pokemon game. Weird.

I'm not in a big city. I don't know if the parks in my immediate area qualify as a nest, or at least they might be "weaker" nests than other's I've seen in screenshots. This park a couple blocks down spawns Machop, along with a lot of other things. But I can go there to see some Machop spawn pretty consistently. They're not spawning like mad or anything. They seem pretty evenly mixed in with the other pokemon spawns, but Machop spawn nowhere else in my city, only there.

A mile and a half away (or so) is another park that consistently spawns Lickitungs at a greater capacity than the Machop spawn at the first park I mentioned. So that might be a real nest nest. I've never seen a Lickitung anywhere else at all.

I don't know what spawns in those places now though. Haven't checked yet.

I'd say that counts as a nest. Some nests are clearly better than others--many nests around here don't even manage to spawn the relevant pokemon every hour, usually because it's only one spawn point for that species, so it's less "come here to farm that species" and more "if you hang around here you might be able to cross that species off your pokedex." Then there are the ones with one spot that spawns a specific species (nearly) all the time, or multiple spotswith lower hit rates for that species, but when combined will almost guarantee you'll be able to catch at least one no matter when you go.

Maximus P

cips9LY.jpg
qtPQd1m.jpg

Is this too much? I thought it might've been good advertisement for Team Instinct lol We exist.

I got a few honks but not sure if it was jellyness or a fellow Instinct.

Anywayz. Team Instinct 4eva :p

I'd be too afraid of some crazy kids from the other faction egging your car or worse while your parked somewhere.

There's already been a case of people using graffiti of their factions logo on public property posted on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom