• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda-zebra

Yeah, iv'e found two nests...A charmander nest and a Squirtle nest. Both are in large-ish parks on the outskirts of Sheffiled UK.

This is what the one of them looks like

JLyRrqJ.jpg

Edit: sorry if some feel this is cheating. I actually stumbled across this one totally by luck when I was there with my kids.

I just checked, your Squirtles are safe, unaffected by today's changes.

backlot

I wish there were a nest of anything near me. It's really hard to get enough candies to evolve things when you live in an area with low Pokemon density and all you can find are Pidgey and Weedle.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Yeah, iv'e found two nests...A charmander nest and a Squirtle nest. Both are in large-ish parks on the outskirts of Sheffiled UK.

JLyRrqJ.jpg

Edit: sorry if some feel this is cheating. I actually stumbled across this one totally by luck when I was there with my kids.

That is absurd. I thought I found a local nest but obviously it isn't one because it isn't as populated as this

It blows my mind that there still has been no communication or anything from Niantic. Its like the whole "not mad just disappointed" deal, since the app has so much potential.

Kyuur

Squashed a number of bugs and improved the general functionality of my replacement Nearby tracker. Hopefully should be much more accurate and helpful now!

I hope the nest changes don't mean my Magnemite spot has disappeared. Finally a nice enough day to go out to the park to catch some today! I do like that they're going to rotate/adjust spawns though; keeps it fresh.

panda-zebra

Just been checking and the Pikachu nest we visited this morning is now Ekans, as predicted by the change list. My boy was so happy to get that Pikachu despite falling flat on his face in mud trying to run towards it :D Yet now there's a new way batter nest nearby that used to be Sandshrew.

gutshot

Unfortunately the Magikarp nest I work at is still very much a Magikarp nest. I guess the game wants me to have even more than the 3 Gyarados' I already have. :/

krae_man

I missed out on a pretty kick ass starmie because the game crashed while I was getting a berry. So far that's the only one I've seen but not caught.

Wish I would get credit for all my walking. I have a 4.5pm walk to and from work every day and I often only get credit for about 3km.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nests tend to be in parks, btw.
If you look up a list of public parks in your area you most likely have a list of nests even if they don't all particularly feature useful catches.

I knew about "nests" before I would ever have thought to call them that, just by meeting up with people in a park and having them mention there were Jynx all over the place, for example. Later I heard a rumor of Hitmonlee being found in a local park and went there to grab it. Each of these parks now has a concentration of some different monsters. I'm curious about how often they will change. It's basically been 3 weeks.

my childhood park still has bulbasaurs <3

Pikachu nest changed to an Ekans (humbodlt park chicago) one down the street from me. Walking around in pokevision around my current areas. It seems like the general variety has been upped.

One thing for sure, they did change things around. Out of nowhere I'm seeing more squirtles and gotten myself a 910 polywrath. Diversity is different but Toronto is still Drowzeeland

Sh0k

I decided to work from home today and two houses down my block I caught a Starmie, an Ivysaur, a Victreebell and a Beedrill so far. I think I'm going to work from home more often.

Squashed a number of bugs and improved the general functionality of my replacement Nearby tracker. Hopefully should be much more accurate and helpful now!

I hope the nest changes don't mean my Magnemite spot has disappeared. Finally a nice enough day to go out to the park to catch some today! I do like that they're going to rotate/adjust spawns though; keeps it fresh.

Doesn't work. Says I recently scanned and shows me a white screen.

royox

The game just "told me" I had a Machamp near me (it was the 1st pokemon of the "near" list) but it wasn't on the pokemonnear.io or PkmnVision. WTF?

zroid

Banned
I wish there were a nest of anything near me. It's really hard to get enough candies to evolve things when you live in an area with low Pokemon density and all you can find are Pidgey and Weedle.

On the bright side, at least you can evolve your Pidgeys and Weedles easily to grind

Drowzees and Zubats are all I see and each needs 50 candies to evolve D:

zulux21

None of y'all care about the nest changes?

This is some serious bullshit imo

I don't have any nests near me so yeah... don't care.

even if I did I likely would have farmed them and would be welcoming a change to them at this point.

I don't consider the change bullshit as much as more than welcome. I would love it if each month the pokemon in each area changed a bit.

Teppic

Battery saver: Yes or no? I've heard some people had problems with it.

I'm doing all the battery saving options now since I've realized my iPhone 5 goes from fully charged to completely drained in 2 hours.

zulux21

I'm doing all the battery saving options now since I've realized my iPhone 5 goes from fully charged to completely drained in 2 hours.

I'm going to have to vote No.

it does save a bit of battery but not a ton. and it loves to glitch the game out in ways you can't tell right away.

often it will seem like the game is running fine until I go to click on something, and then I can't.

My character will walk on screen just fine, but I won't be able to rotate my screen or do anything, and it doesn't seem like my distance is logged correctly while it is in this state.

Teppic

I'm going to have to vote No.

it does save a bit of battery but not a ton. and it loves to glitch the game out in ways you can't tell right away.

often it will seem like the game is running fine until I go to click on something, and then I can't.

My character will walk on screen just fine, but I won't be able to rotate my screen or do anything, and it doesn't seem like my distance is logged correctly while it is in this state.
Okay, thanks! I will keep it off for now until they fix it.

JLyRrqJ.jpg

Edit: sorry if some feel this is cheating. I actually stumbled across this one totally by luck when I was there with my kids. (well, sort of. My friend told me about it and I visited it a few days later)

One of (re: MANY) of PokeGo's gameplay systems are fundamentally non-functional. Consider this leveling the playing field until they get their shit in order.

robochimp

I'm also using a 5 and occasionally when flipping out of battery saver mode the map would be unresponsive. I stopped using it. Apparently it doesn't do much anyway.

FinKL

I'd be too afraid of some crazy kids from the other faction egging your car or worse while your parked somewhere.

There's already been a case of people using graffiti of their factions logo on public property posted on this thread.

Exactly my thought as well, they just mad because they ain't Instinct.

Durden77

I still don't understand why this game is not featured at ALL on the Google Play store. I mean at first I kind of got it because the game was broken for a while, but now it's working fine 90% of the time.

Is it like some weird thing to where Google thinks it's so popular that they don't want it over running their store or what? Is it the same thing on the App Store?

Vuze

Tried to fight in a gym on the way home but servers are apparently shitting the bed again... Kept getting kicked back to the gym roaster after the "GO" text during the first battle. Catching worked though so idk...

zulux21

What little nests we had are now garbage Pokémon. Like going from Tangela to Rattata...

What level are you? 2K CP anything is absurd.

actually thinking about it I might have to watch one of the parks.

there was a park I wouldn't really consider a nest as there wasn't a ton of them there, but Tauros liked to spawn there like once an hour.

I caught him last night and don't care about having more, so if it became #128 Tauros --> #127 Pinsir / #126 Magmar that would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom