• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
RWYXhV1.jpg

My house. So close... yet... so far away...

finally went to the Santa Monica pier this morning

Screenshot_20160729_074723.png]

I took the expo train to get there and was able to collect a bunch of items in the many pokestops on the way there

Screenshot_20160729_112708.png

sometimes it's nice to live in a big city.

edit: 2nd img was on the train going back, same stops :p

kewlmyc

Can't connect. :/

What do it mean when a poke stop has confetti all over it like in the pictures above? I assume it means there's a lure there?

Busaiku

The nest change places 2 pairs of nests I need to go to really close together.

But no Dratini nest...
Kicking myself over not going yesterday.
Can't connect. :/

What do it mean when a poke stop has confetti all over it like in the pictures above? I assume it means there's a lure there?
Yeah.

Ran into a Snorlex for the first time on the way home. Used up some of my balls, was about to hit him with a berry and he fled before I could. You betrayed me, man.

But then I came home and a Magmar shows up to ease some of the sting.

No_Style

Battery saver: Yes or no? I've heard some people had problems with it.

I'm doing all the battery saving options now since I've realized my iPhone 5 goes from fully charged to completely drained in 2 hours.

Battery saver doesn't dim the backlight on an LCD so it doesn't do anything for phones like the 5. You can try lowering the brightness of the screen manually to eke out more time and reduce the heat output though. You probably can't see very well but your battery will last longer.

If your phone has an OLED screen, battery saver will be more beneficial.

If the game is never going to count the distance I walk, in a straight line mind you - no zig zag or back and forth, then I'm just going to give up on hatching eggs by walking. Seems the only reliable way is to toss the phone in the console while taking a trip somewhere.

Btw don't log out. I can't log in. Fml

Poona

This nest change sucks.

There was once a pretty good spot for Dratini I once knew now it's eevee. Now where do I go to get enough for a dragonite? There was also a spot for growlithe I had found and they've taken that too.

Yet my neighbourhood is still overrun with doduo, pinsir, ratatata, weedle, caterpie and pidgie.

Pineconn

Went through my Pokémon to see which basic attacks got changed. Differences are below:

Bubble 15 >>> 25
Bug Bite 6 >>> 5
Confusion 12 >>> 15
Fire Fang 7 >>> 10
Frost Breath 12 >>> 9
Ice Shard 10 >>> 15
Lick 10 >>> 5
Mud Shot 12 >>> 6
Mud Slap 6 >>> 15
Poison Jab 15 >>> 12
Pound 8 >>> 7
Rock Smash 5 >>> 15