• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
XUOceM9.png

I took a gym last night from valor, and before i could put a pokemon in it, it was already level three with two pokemon on it. Nobody was around. GPS spoofers...

EL CUCO

Pokevision misses a TON of Pokémon. Just found a Bulbasaur through some app that requires you too watch ads for scans. The Bulba wasn't even showing on Pokevision or in-game tracker :/ Still haven't found the right mobile site/app that shows the locations in map format, tho.

Honestly, even if they fixed the Tracker, I dont think I'll ever use it at this point. I feel like the spawn timers have too narrow of a window to be on foot...unless I'm missing a key mechanic for tracking. Chasing a 3 print on foot seems almost impossible, unless they draw in the radius or extend the timer

went to the Santa monica pier yesterday and I will be going go disneyland today, mostly just to play pokemon. I hope to get some good stuff there.

My Voltorb has 100 IVs :D
Congrats! :D

Pokevision misses a TON of Pokémon. Just found a Bulbasaur through some app that requires you too watch ads for scans. The Bulba wasn't even showing on Pokevision or in-game tracker :/ Still haven't found the right mobile site/app that shows the locations in map format, tho.

Honestly, even if they fixed the Tracker, I dont think I'll ever use it at this point. I feel like the spawn timers have too narrow of a window to be on foot...unless I'm missing a key mechanic for tracking. Chasing a 3 print on foot seems almost impossible, unless they draw in the radius or extend the timer
Have you tried http://www.trackemon.com/ instead of pokevision? It seems to catch all the ones pokevision never finds.
I feel the spawn timer should be refreshed or gain a bonus when it turns up for the first time on a player's tracker. 15 minutes should be plenty to find a pokemon with a working nearby system but you'll almost never have the full time to begin with as you usually end up discovering it after it's been there for a while :/

how do you tell what IV your mons have?
There's a calculator linked in the opening post of this thread. I've quoted the relevant bit below, but if you ever need to find it again, remember that they're in the first post of the thread :D
Hope that helps.

robochimp

"Pokemon go is a HIPPAA violation"

They sent out a communication system wide acknowledging the positive elements, getting out walking and it's possible usedin physical rehab.

They then said the had security concerns and that they believed it had the consequence of spreading germs.

GulAtiCa

My new top 12! I evolved 2 new Eevees, I'm really glad that 1 of them became a Jolteon. Will be useful against all the water pokemon out there.

Last night before coming home. I boosted up a lv 9 Gym to lv 10 and inserted a Pokemon to the 4th from bottom slot. It's been Blue for weeks now and high lv, so I'm expecting this gym to be a constant for me for a while.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is a 80% Snorlax worth upgrading? He's at 700cp.

AdanVC

This. Even with the nearby feature fixed, It'll still be a lot difficult to catch them due to the little amount of time available until they despawn. They should either increase the despawn time or completely change the nearby function with another method to track Pokémon like the one shown on the original trailer with the meters decreasing as you come close to the Pokémon.

Sometimes a silhouette of a Pokémon appears and when I try to legit search for him without cheating with Pokevision or something, I simply don't know were to go due to the 3 step bug. It becomes very frustrating and I get tired quickly of just walking around and not being able to find anything.

GulAtiCa

Im gonna spend money on this game again. I just can't help it. I'm probably close to having spent $40 in all.

I already spent $30. I'll prob spend another $20 in a few weeks most likely. I have enough Coins (from spending + Gyms) to last mew another few weeks. My current plan to to only buy 200 Pokeballs every 2 weeks from those Coins.

Pachimari

I want to buy a few incubators, maybe one incester for if im going out tomorrow, and upgrading my back to carry more items. I already upgraded it once.

Chaos17

I work at a hospital and we had a Pokestop and a gym on campus. Earlier this week both were removed from the game. It was a sad day for all of us.

I've read many hospitals being against it mainly because they didn't liked seeing stranggers coming into the buildings which I can understand.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I have only spent €5, most of that amount on incubators. They're running out, might buy some again. It's way too useful to have 6 eggs active at the same time. Might have to buy the upgraded bag too.

Going slow but steady, at 50 discovered/caught. Pretty bad compared to others, but this is where I live, using that location tool:

Hey guys

not sure if this is against the forum rules or not so please let me know if I'm breaking the rules so i can delete my request.

I'd like to know the way to find out where the pokemons are. I'm on mac

FlyingHugeMan

Neo Member
Ok, what is the best alternative to the in-game "tracker" ?

Passing by to unknown pokes and not being able to catch them is the most infuriating thing in this game.

PSFan

Hey guys

not sure if this is against the forum rules or not so please let me know if I'm breaking the rules so i can delete my request.

I'd like to know the way to find out where the pokemons are. I'm on mac

Uh, have you even read through this topic at all? I don't think you have, because you would have your answer. There's been several methods posted that are in use.

panda-zebra

Ok, what is the best alternative to the in-game "tracker" ?

Passing by to unknown pokes and not being able to catch them is the most infuriating thing in this game.

The best direct replacement is a gaffer-made effort you should see linked to in previous pages of this thread. If you want something more cheaty/game-breaking, there's a wealth of tools and sites to choose from.

Oh, there you go, it was just 2 posts up from yours: pokemonnearby.io

Glix

Re: pokevision

My hypothesis is that is pulls data that people are pulling from the servers.

If no one is in an area with the app running it wont report any pokemon there

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I took a gym last night from valor, and before i could put a pokemon in it, it was already level three with two pokemon on it. Nobody was around. GPS spoofers...

had something happen like that a couple hours ago took a gym at the beach and about 5 minutes later 2 people took it back but there was no one around and on top of that was just a eh day overcast and nothing good spawning although i did get a jynx from an egg so i guess wasnt the worst day

EL CUCO

Could've been at home chilling in the A/C playing on my PS4, but instead decided to take a walk in the blazing Miami sun while I hatch a few eggs. Popped a lucky egg and an Incense. Leveled up twice (now at 17) but no good catches worth noting, and my 10k egg was a bust, hatching a 50% 847cp Scyther. I did get a Growlithe for the first time from a 5k egg, but with meh IV's.

Pachimari

IOS version has a different number 1.0.3
CooJyxcXEAIujin.jpg

Here android version
CooJz9CWEAEcuAA.jpg

That's why I want to know if it's fake or not that screenshot :x
It has not been updated with that feature list because the steps are still there. But it's probably real, it's just that it hasn't been officially updated on Android yet.

ironmang

Does anybody have the site that gives dps of all moves, searchable by specific pokemon? I remember seeing it a few days ago where you'd, say, input Snorlax and it'd show the dps of all his moves. The only ones I'm seeing now just rank all moves and seem very inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom