• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzt

So, my Lapras with Ice Breath and Ice Beam isn't as good? =( And I just dumped all of my stardust into it yesterday, too. =(

I have two. One has the same moves as yours, the other has Ice Shard + Blizzard.
Now the question is, ice shard vs frost breath, which is better/ charges faster?

eek5

so i noticed gyms now say how many battles they have won?

or was that in before and I just never saw that?

It only happens if that pokemon beats people

I have two. One has the same moves as yours, the other has Ice Shard + Blizzard.
Now the question is, ice shard vs frost breath, which is better/ charges faster?

frost should be better for attacking and ice shard better for defending

3phemeral

so i noticed gyms now say how many battles they have won?

or was that in before and I just never saw that?
I noticed this a few days ago but not sure how it works. Sometimes I'll see the first-tier mon with a won count, other times it's the highest ranking one. In all situations, only one monster will have this label attached. On top of that, I've only seen it count to 1 so I don't know if it's implemented properly yet.

Hit level 20 tonight of my second lucky egg evolve spree.

Feels good.

Have a 90 ish IV Eevee that I hope ends up as anything but Jolteon.

Also have a 89 ish IV Tangela to counter those Vapes.

Another 1.4k Arcanine with 80 ish IVs came out of the evolves too, so with some more typing holes patched when my Parasect comes in, it'll be a pretty decent Gym fighting team.

Tangela nest at the park near me has turned into Rhyhorn's, which is cool because I've only ever caught 4 of them, but at the same time I've never seen a Tangela outside of the nest.

Sarakin

Neo Member
Have a 90 ish IV Eevee that I hope ends up as anything but Jolteon.

You can choose what it evolves into based on the nickname you change it to before you evolve it.

Jolteon – Sparky
Vaporeon – Rainer
Flareon – Pyro

so if you want a flareon or vaporeon instead of that jolteon just do that.

ciD_Vain

Can someone post a pic of their 90% + pokemon stats page on pokeassistant.com?
Like this?

ivtTv1T.jpg

zroid

Banned
Damn I've finally reached that dreaded point where I'm running low on Poké Balls (and Great Balls)

the problem is even when I go spend half an hour walking around an area littered with PokéStops to stock up, so many Pokémon appear that I end up using a lot of them right there

Scoops

Banned
Had a great hunt in the South Tampa area tonight. Added 6 new species:

- Weezing
- Seaking
- Dodrio
- Jynx
- Seadra
- Ivysaur (via evolution)

I'm now a level 16 and I have 87 caught on the Pokedex with 89 seen.

Geez, between the nest migrations (which actually seem larger than just nests, based on the maps I compiled) and the combat changes, it feels like a lot of rules of thumb and shared knowledge just went out the window. I mean, in reality the changes aren't nearly as big as, say, a new mechanic or another generation of pokemon being added, but it feels a bit like the balance has been upended.

Azuran17

Neo Member
A non-golf course tentacool nest is now an abra nest! so hyped to go back esp. when i've been walking all over the place for any nearby abra.

growlithe nest (golf course) near me is now a psyduck nest. and firefang JUST got buffed ):

BUT ABRA!! ;D

Wazzy

Banned
Pretty good day for me. Hatched a Scyther and Dratini from my 10k eggs.

My catches for today were Aerodactyl, Kadabra and Snorlax. So new pokemon today are Sandslash, Dratini and Scyther with Voltorb only needing one more candy for evolution.

Going to finish hatching the rest of my 5k eggs and hopefully get the rest of candies I need for the other pokemon I'm trying to evolve.

johnsmith

remember me
A non-golf course tentacool nest is now an abra nest! so hyped to go back esp. when i've been walking all over the place for any nearby abra.

growlithe nest (golf course) near me is now a psyduck nest. and firefang JUST got buffed ):

BUT ABRA!! ;D

Same at a local pond here, except it's a big downgrade. Tentacool are rare, but abra are super common in my neighborhood.

Jonbo298

Huh, this is weird. There's a walking trail (former railroad line) right next to where I live that's been shown on the Pokemon Go map since day 1. Now it's not there anymore. Wonder if this was intentional and why it was removed.

You can choose what it evolves into based on the nickname you change it to before you evolve it.

Jolteon – Sparky
Vaporeon – Rainer
Flareon – Pyro

so if you want a flareon or vaporeon instead of that jolteon just do that.

Already used Rainer on a 60% ish IV Vape cause I wanted to take gyms. But if DPS has been normalized a bit more with the patch the other could be just as viable.

Why does everyone hate Jolteon? Electric dogs are the best dogs mang

Jolteon is my fave of the three, but the DPS / stats in Go left me sad. Hopefully the patch balanced that a bit so I can use Jolts against Lapras / Vape.

Man, leveling up your own gym is so much better now that I know if you use a Pokémon with lesser or equal CP to the first Pokémon, it's basically +500 if you win that 1st battle.

Now I just win the first and escape. Depending on the CP, I can just use a bunch of Pokes I would never use and not have to heal them to level up my gym.

Makes helping your team a lot less tedious. 200+ prestige battling 5 Pokes is disheartening.

Kinokou

I missed out on a pretty kick ass starmie because the game crashed while I was getting a berry. So far that's the only one I've seen but not caught.

I think it ran away, using my bag when a pokemon flees always freezes the game for me.

I havent gone out to battle yet but I'm REALLY happy all the special attacks were buffed. Now they're actually viable and have a point!

Looks like cross chop is now the strongest ability. Also almost all the new special moves are better than regular attacks now.

http://www.levelbased.com/guides/pokemon-go/attacks/?s=4&d=1&q=

By special attack you mean charged moves? Not main line special attack?

Syder

So I guess the Charmander nest I live in just turned into a Bulbasaur nest... I'm okay with this.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand IVs.

Jintor

I wish you could practice the battles or something. I still barely have any idea what's going on. I beat a gym with help and immediately got kicked out and instinct had taken it (I was mystic fighting valour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom