• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

what kind are you mostly finding? have you tried going to a park or source of water that tends to give a different variety also having incense active gives you a chance of getting random pokemon not in your area

Pidgeys, Ratata, Drowzees, Jinx, etc. Been in 4 different towns and also in special places like the zoo and parks. With incense so far I have had one new Pokemon, a Voltorb. Lures have yet to give a new Pokemon.

eggs are probably the best way to get a variety of pokemons.
I think if your city lacks some kind of Pokemons than it's just very hard to get those. You just have to keep playing and hope they show up one day.
56 at lvl 19 is not even that bad though.
And always remember that this game has just been out for 2-3 weeks. No need to get all 150 that fast. Just keep enjoying the game.

Eggs get me Pidgeys, Zubats, Eevee, Magikarp, etc. Had 4 special Pokemon pop up so far in eggs and hatched at least 30 if not more.

hydruxo

Order hasn't worked properly since they broke the footprints. You can use two different devices to confirm this. Either way you're right. The main feature people wanted and loved is removed now instead of fixed. Pretty fucking lame.

I just don't think Niantic really has any clue what to do with the game now that it's gotten so huge. They can't handle the pressure.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Pidgeys, Ratata, Drowzees, Jinx, etc. Been in 4 different towns and also in special places like the zoo and parks. With incense so far I have had one new Pokemon, a Voltorb. Lures have yet to give a new Pokemon.

Eggs get me Pidgeys, Zubats, Eevee, Magikarp, etc. Had 4 special Pokemon pop up so far in eggs and hatched at least 30 if not more.

do you live by a ocean or lake even ponds will work if not check out a golf course they are ripe with grass,bug and water type

Is this list legit?
natqsHL.jpg

Good that they made the heavy attacks stronger.

EL CUCO

Btw, is it worth using an incense if you're staying still?
It's RNG. The absolute best mon I've found on Incense was a Slowbro while sitting in my office at work. I was level 6 iirc. Every other Incense I've used since then has been while moving around and brought nothing but common fodder.

Durden77

Where my update tho

It works much better when you're moving. When standing still you get a Pokemon usually every 5 minutes. When moving you usually get one every 2 minutes or so. Think it triggers a Pokemon every certain distance traveled or something.

It's so good in the passenger seat of a car. But don't use it on the highway. You'll get a lot of Pokemon, but the farther you get away from them after you start the battle, the easier it is for them to run. They'll run pretty much everytime on the first break out when you're moving that fast. And it seems like it's easier for them to break free too.

AdanVC

Not at all. Incense barely works even when you're walking. It's been totally useless for me. I used one when I was at home the other day and just a single Ratatta appeared... with CP of 40 or so. Maybe it's a bug and they will fix it soon so that it can actually work??

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
It's RNG. The absolute best mon I've found on Incense was a Slowbro while sitting in my office at work. I was level 6 iirc. Every other Incense I've used since then has been while moving around and brought nothing but common fodder.

its random yes and you will get a ton of fodder same with eggs theyve just rigged it so pidgey rattata and other commons have a super high % spawn chance but i normally will get something on the rare side at least once every 2 times i pop a incense

Pineconn

You'll get a lot of Pokemon, but the farther you get away from them after you start the battle, the easier it is for them to run. They'll run pretty much everytime on the first break out when you're moving that fast. And it seems like it's easier for them to break free too.

Right, and if you tap on a missed PokéBall, you'll get it back.

Do you hatch 2km or 5km eggs. The 2km are mostly shit.
And the 10km almost only give you amazing Pokemon (unfortunately also Jynx)

Elfstruck

Do you hatch 2km or 5km eggs. The 2km are mostly shit.
And the 10km almost only give you amazing Pokemon (unfortunately also Jynx)

It should be 10k > 2k > 5k. At least 2k eggs give starters that are somewhat rare. I managed to evolve my charmander to charizard through this method.

AdanVC

Wish there was also an update to change the type of Pokémon that appears on each zone. I'm already getting bored and tired of seeing only Pidgeys and Ratattas appearing everytime.

Edit: And Paras. Ughh I've captured like 100+ of them already as well.

The absolute best change they can add is to allow you to trade your Pokemon, items, oreven levels with others who are very far away so ppl without many pokestops can have a fighting chance to catch up with others.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I'd also love to get Eevee from a 10km egg -_-

ugh i hatched a 10k egg this morning that had a eevee i close that screen and im surrounded by 3 others just standing around

edit: gross as i posted this a jolteon popped up from incense

The absolute best change they can add is to allow you to trade your Pokemon, items, oreven levels with others who are very far away so ppl without many pokestops can have a fighting chance to catch up with others.

yeah they really need to do something about that feel bad for people in rural areas if they open up global trading i wont mind giving all the stuff from my area for free for people who dont have a chance

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Destroyed my bike and punched a cunt in the face just now

Feels so good to have quit this game. Completely done with this. By far the worst piece of shit I've ever had the honor to spend so many hours on. I am never returning to this crap again.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

RIP, never again a game from Nianshit

Feels so good to have quit this game. Completely done with this. By far the worst piece of shit I've ever had the honor to spend so many hours on. I am never returning to this crap again.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

:Or last I saw weren't you holding up a lure at a pokestop like 12 hours straight?

sam777

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Wow...

Rellik

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Needs a new tag.

Pachimari

Went on a quick 10-minute grocery shopping, and got a Doduo from an egg. Which I'm actually glad for, as I didn't have it before hand. I'm more than halfway through to lvl 15 and I haven't popped my lucky egg yet. Still catching Pidgeys.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Doesn't sound like it's the games fault, sounds like you got some major problems yourself.

FZZ

Banned

110 pokemons, lvl 24

YO WHAT THE FUCK

worse I've done is hit the roof of my car when the charizard froze on me, but I was like I ain't gonna drive mad because that's dangerous as fuck

then I looked at the chik fil a I bought and they gave me an extra spicy chicken for free

control the rage friends, you will be rewarded in more ways than one

Narag

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Doesn't this gimmick get old?

Red Fire

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Can you stop this shit? Every other page you rant here. Just don't play and leave this thread, nobody cares. Pretty annoying.

I've been using this tracker by a fellow gaffer and it's been really accurate so far, the obly minor problem with it is that for some reason the direction it shows is wrong. West and East are swapped for me (I am in Germany if that matters). For example the Weedle in the top left is showm as WNW, but actually it is ENE. Tapping on the footprints to show the location in Maps shows the true location.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

You might want to seek therapy.

Something ive been internally theorizing; I think when the eggs Hatch the pokemon inside are based on the area you were in when the egg hatched. I was in an area surrounded by water(Bayside in miami) last weekend and I hatched 5 or so eggs. Every single one I hatched was a water pokemon. Now that I'm back in a rural area, I've been hatching things like Paris eggecute ect. Any one else notice this?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh I'm done guys, don't ya'll worry about that. No bike = no Pokemon. Besides, it would be insane to keep going with this "game" knowing how it'll end.

I'm bailing out of this thread, along with the game for good now though. Don't worry.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

A wild liar appears!

Rippounette

Neo Member
So they removed the 3 steps, but is the nearby list actually any better? If it is I don't mind the removal. But the nearby list was trash and Pokes would get "stuck" and shit on it.

They didn't add anything to the nearby feature. They just removed the step icons and the possibility to select one of the Pokémon in the list. It's pretty much useless.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Something ive been internally theorizing; I think when the eggs Hatch they pokemon inside are based on the area you were in when the egg hatched. I was in an area surrounded by water last weekend. And I hatched 5 or so eggs. Every single one I hatched was a water pokemon. Now that I'm back in a rural area, I've been hatching things like Paris eggecute ect. Any one else notice this?

yup its been that way for me as well

Oh I'm done guys, don't ya'll worry about that. No bike = no Pokemon. Besides, it would be insane to keep going with this "game" knowing how it'll end.

I'm bailing out of this thread, along with the game for good now though. Don't worry.

so did some guy bust up your bike so you punched him? still not sure how this punched a cunt in the face plays in yet

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

110 pokemons, lvl 24

the fuck

Dominator

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Seek help. The way you played the game had no purpose and nobody understands why you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom