• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could've been at home chilling in the A/C playing on my PS4, but instead decided to take a walk in the blazing Miami sun while I hatch a few eggs. Popped a lucky egg and an Incense. Leveled up twice (now at 17) but no good catches worth noting, and my 10k egg was a bust, hatching a 50% 847cp Scyther. I did get a Growlithe for the first time from a 5k egg, but with meh IV's.

Did you find Chris Smoove? Haha

Ultryx

This has been completely accurate for me. https://pokevision.com/

But people hate on that one because it apparently doesn't show all the Pokemon. I haven't tested out the previous one I linked you myself.

This website is definitely not accurate, at least for me. I'm looking at a spearow right now from my apartment. I re-scanned 3 separate times and it's not anywhere on the map. In fact, I can't even seen any Pokemon in my city. Used to show things when I moved the pointer around, but now I don't see anything. Guess they're just having load errors?

This website is definitely not accurate, at least for me. I'm looking at a spearow right now from my apartment. I re-scanned 3 separate times and it's not anywhere on the map. In fact, I can't even seen any Pokemon in my city. Used to show things when I moved the pointer around, but now I don't see anything. Guess they're just having load errors?

Maybe. I've never heard anyone else complain about it not being accurate. This is what a ton of people are using.

Today I didn't find any cool Pokemon unfortunately. But you can't be lucky every day.
I saw a Tauros in a arena today (I'm in Europe). Could it be that he used some GPS hack to get it?

Chaos17

Looks legit, That version of the app just went up on apkmirror even though it hasn't shown up on Google play for me.

If it's legit can you check if you can still transfer your Pokemon ? I've read the button disappeared for someone after that update.

Rippounette

Neo Member
If it's legit can you check if you can still transfer your Pokemon ? I've read the button disappeared for someone after that update.

It's there, they just made it easier to access.
qYYtKHZ.png

Chaos17

It's gone!!!! From the main Pokemon screen but it's there under a new button in the bottom right corner.

Phew... *sigh of relief*

Edit: so no one from America got the update through the android store ?
Because so far I'm reading apk users (on twitter and Reddit)...

rc213

Phew... *sigh of relief*

Edit: so no one from America got the update through the android store ?
Because so far I'm reading apk users (on twitter and Reddit)...

Apkmirror usually gets it 24hrs before it starts showing up in us Google play store.

Ultryx

Maybe. I've never heard anyone else complain about it not being accurate. This is what a ton of people are using.

It was working before. So I'm not sure why it isn't right now. Bums me out. Do you know exactly the radius that it scans for when you scan from the point you select?

The Cowboy

Lol, instead of actually fixing tracking (basically re-enabling it), they just remove the footsteps to cover it up.

Guess I'll stick with pokevision.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
well at some point once the content updates start rolling out of course they will release shinies its something else to try and get you to throw and waste your pokeballs on

Zomba13

Such an insane thing removing the footsteps. Like, why even bother with nearby if you're not going to even give a hint on how close they are? Like, yeah, the order shows which is closest but they don't tell you that and the footsteps were a fairly clear indicator of that.

They are just kind of forcing people to use a third party tracker to find Pokémon which they've already said is against the spirit of the app. I mean, yeah, you can wander around but with no indication on whether you're getting closer or not it just seems pointless (from a game perspective I mean, wandering around and getting exercise is good).

I have only spent €5, most of that amount on incubators. They're running out, might buy some again. It's way too useful to have 6 eggs active at the same time. Might have to buy the upgraded bag too.

Going slow but steady, at 50 discovered/caught. Pretty bad compared to others, but this is where I live, using that location tool:
I feel your pain. My amount seen/caught exploded when I went on a city trip. :p

I might need a little help. I have been playing this game daily since the Australian launch day (in Europe), but I have only 56 different Pokemon and have seen 57. I am level 19 and encounter loads of the same Pokemon. I have caught over 500 Pokemon, but just not a lot of variation. Checked Pokevision, but it seems that in all the places I go the other Pokemon just don't spawn. Did see a Dragonite spawn in Sydney (start location), but that doesn't help me much here. Does anyone have any tips for getting the rest of my Pokedex filled out?

Would really appreciate any advice.

L Thammy

Shinies will just divide the fanbase further. Half the players will have a shiny Pidgey and the other half will have a shiny Rattata. It'll be teams all over again.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Shinies will just divide the fanbase further. Half the players will have a shiny Pidgey and the other half will have a shiny Rattata. It'll be teams all over again.

im on team shiny weedle

I might need a little help. I have been playing this game daily since the Australian launch day (in Europe), but I have only 56 different Pokemon and have seen 57. I am level 19 and encounter loads of the same Pokemon. I have caught over 500 Pokemon, but just not a lot of variation. Checked Pokevision, but it seems that in all the places I go the other Pokemon just don't spawn. Did see a Dragonite spawn in Sydney (start location), but that doesn't help me much here. Does anyone have any tips for getting the rest of my Pokedex filled out?

what kind are you mostly finding? have you tried going to a park or source of water that tends to give a different variety also having incense active gives you a chance of getting random pokemon not in your area

taizuke

This is what I've been using for about a year and works great.

Looks like there are some higher capacity options for around the same price point but I don't know if any of the other brands are reliable or not.

Cool. Can I play Pokemon Go and charge the tablet at the same time with this?

eggs are probably the best way to get a variety of pokemons.
I think if your city lacks some kind of Pokemons than it's just very hard to get those. You just have to keep playing and hope they show up one day.
56 at lvl 19 is not even that bad though.
And always remember that this game has just been out for 2-3 weeks. No need to get all 150 that fast. Just keep enjoying the game.

The store is glitching awfully bad for some reason. I haven't bought much of anything, but the last few times I spent my coins it was smooth.

This morning, I somehow wound up with 4 egg incubators instead of one; confusing, but I thought I might have accidentally tapped multiple times and the blue loading icon spun for almost a minute. I figured I'd use them all up anyway, so no big deal.

Flash forward to now, where I had forgotten about that incident and went to buy 8 lucky eggs. Another minute of loading the transaction, and suddenly most of my coins are gone. My inventory shows that I bought 24 goddamned lucky eggs, which I certainly won't be using up anytime soon. I figured 8 would last me a few months at level 25.

Does anyone know if I can file a claim with Niantic, or do I go through Google? Sorry for my ignorance; I've refunded two or three things on the Play store over the years, but this is a little different, I think, since it's with coins that I'd already purchased.

Cynar

Such an insane thing removing the footsteps. Like, why even bother with nearby if you're not going to even give a hint on how close they are? Like, yeah, the order shows which is closest but they don't tell you that and the footsteps were a fairly clear indicator of that.

They are just kind of forcing people to use a third party tracker to find Pokémon which they've already said is against the spirit of the app. I mean, yeah, you can wander around but with no indication on whether you're getting closer or not it just seems pointless (from a game perspective I mean, wandering around and getting exercise is good).
Order hasn't worked properly since they broke the footprints. You can use two different devices to confirm this. Either way you're right. The main feature people wanted and loved is removed now instead of fixed. Pretty fucking lame.

Durden77

So they removed the 3 steps, but is the nearby list actually any better? If it is I don't mind the removal. But the nearby list was trash and Pokes would get "stuck" and shit on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom