• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

I wish you could practice the battles or something. I still barely have any idea what's going on. I beat a gym with help and immediately got kicked out and instinct had taken it (I was mystic fighting valour)

Instinct probably ninja took the gym then because the gym become "empty" after you conquer a gym. Winner do not auto take it. That's what people call it "gym poaching". It was asked at Comic con that problem, Niantic just said "we're looking into".

Maximus P

I wish you could practice the battles or something. I still barely have any idea what's going on. I beat a gym with help and immediately got kicked out and instinct had taken it (I was mystic fighting valour)

Did you assign your pokemon to the Gym after the win?

A tactic people use it to wait for the very moment a gym is unassigned and then quickly assign while the attackers are healing their pokemon,

Checked the Charmander nest this morning. It's still a Charmander nest. Is the nest rotation region specific?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Pokemon Go won't show any stops, gyms or Pokemon on the map. How do I fix this? It's my first trip into London with Go and I don't want it to be borked the whole day. Restarted the app multiple times.

So I guess the Charmander nest I live in just turned into a Bulbasaur nest... I'm okay with this.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand IVs.

IVs are not that complicated once you simplify it.

Let's say for now, a Pidgey could have an IV stat of 1-10 for ATK, DEF, and HP. For simplicity sake, let's just say CP is the sum of all the IVs together.

Pidgey (A) has an IV stat of 10 ATK, 10 DEF, and 10 HP.
Pidgey (B) has an IV stat of 8 ATK, 10, DEF, and 10 HP.
Pidgey (C) has an IV stat of 8 ATK, 8 DEF, and 10 HP.

Add all those up and then you get:
Pidgey (A) with a CP of 30.
Pidgey (B) with a CP of 28.
Pidgey (C) with a CP of 26.

So now Pidgey (A) is the best out the group because it has perfect IVs, therefore, it has the max CP of 30. Respectfully, Pidgey (B) loses 2 pts from it's CP because it has an ATK IV of 8 instead of 10 which is a difference of 2 and Pidgey (C) loses 4 points from it's CP because it has 2 IV stats of 8.

So in essence: a + b + c = CP

It gets a lot more confusing when you start figuring in base stats and other crap and that confuses a lot of people. But it's really simple when you throw all that out the window.

Basically, the bigger the number, the better. You want to aim for 15 since that is the max IV any Pokémon can have.

In the real Pokémon game, IVs made a huge difference because a 1pt difference could mean life or death because it plays into who attacks first or if you're able to survive a hit from a certain attack. However, PKGO is different.

I'm not really sure why they put IVs in this game when the battle system isn't even turnbased.

A tactic people use it to wait for the very moment a gym is unassigned and then quickly assign while the attackers are healing their pokemon,

this is also a reason why it's a good idea to take over with a few team members, so strong pokemon could be added quickly and you can raise the prestige to make it a bit more annoying for single members of another team to take over instantly. sometimes prestige can snowball into a level 5 gym in like 5 minutes.

panda-zebra

Checked the Charmander nest this morning. It's still a Charmander nest. Is the nest rotation region specific?

No.

Some area, such as the golf course near here, will exclusively spawn only a single type of pokémon over and over. This is now 100% Electrabuzz after being 100% Magmar.

Other areas, such as a Pikachu one I know of, will just have a much higher than normal chance of squirting out a certain type. This one is now Ekans.

Other areas are different, they probably meet certain criteria so lend themselves to offering a certain type, such as the Squirtle one in Sheffield a few pages back - these haven't changed.

So some will have changed, and we could probably expect them to change up again down the line. Others haven't and it seems less likely these will change unless a wider game-changing move is made by Niantic.

The Cowboy

Bloody game!!!.

A Dragonite spawned for me, it was CP 1596 - hit with a razz berry multiple times and used ultra balls (scorring great, nice etc) multiple times and it ran off.

:(

If you go to a gym that your team holds, you can practice battles.

Jintor

I literally won, it booted me back to the map and when I loaded the map Instinct had sniped it

Maximus P

I literally won, it booted me back to the map and when I loaded the map Instinct had sniped it

Ah, Looks like you got ninja'd.

Don't feel to bad about it. Last week I was working late and didn't finish my shift until nearly midnight. I dropped by the park local to the office I work at and there was no one there, not a soul. i had to use the light of my phone as I walked past a couple of pokestops and then i eventually got to the gym....The same thing happened to me while no one was about. Ninja'd. I'm guessing someone was GPS spoofing because i couldn't see anyone nearby.

Kinokou

i don't think i have ever seen a pokemon flee except right after busting out of a pokeball. they can escape while you're looking at your items?

I have heard they can flee if you go to far away, but I don't know if that's after a pokeball throw or not. I'm trying to learn some patience to ensure the pokemon doesn't flee before selecting the bag now.

II'm not really sure why they put IVs in this game when the battle system isn't even turnbased.

Probably just for variance, having them only go to 15 also helps cap the actual effect somewhat I guess.

Pachimari

FUCK YEAH!!! I finally got my favorite Pokemon from an egg:

1ZvxWbo.jpg

i don't think i have ever seen a pokemon flee except right after busting out of a pokeball. they can escape while you're looking at your items?

I think he's saying it had already started the running away animation when he clicked the items icon. That freezes my game every time, too

oti

Banned
My family is taking this way more seriously than I do. They will stop in the middle of the grocery store aisle to catch a dumb bird.

My game keeps crashing every time I encounter a Grimer. It's the third time now. I actually have to run away from it so my game can work. I've read it happens to multiple people but no solution just yet. Pretty frustrating stuff.

Ambitious

Got just 21 Pokemon so far (in the Pokedex, not in total) and I'm already growing tired of this game. The shitty performance and the bugs sure don't help either.

jts

...hate me...
Does anyone know why my Pokemon stats don't add up? For example I've caught 217 of normal type, 194 of flying type, 116 of poison type, etc, but only 437 total?

Is it that the Pokemon can be multiple types at the same time?

edit: also exactly what is "training", as I have 0 of that stat? And does it increase CP?

Drac

Just wondering, I think in pokemon games you have a multiplier bonus for damage if your mon has the same type as the attack you are using, is it the same in this game?

Just wondering, I think in pokemon games you have a multiplier bonus for damage if your mon has the same type as the attack you are using, is it the same in this game?

This is known as STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) and it is present in this game, though I believe it is only x1.25 or x1.2 (can't remember) rather than 1.5x in mainline games.

So I just added a pokedex you can set, so that anything found in a scan that is not yet in your pokedex, is highlighted. It remembers it in a cookie.

E0gmkHC.png

And, the "near by" alternative view, works as the original once did (screen shot not shown).

So I just added a pokedex you can set, so that anything found in a scan that is not yet in your pokedex, is highlighted. It remembers it in a cookie.

E0gmkHC.png

And, the "near by" alternative view, works as the original once did (screen shot not shown).

Beautiful.

Edit: I caught the last gastly I needed to get a gengar an hour or so ago. I just set my pokedex on your site, and immediately after loading the tracker back up, a gengar had spawned about 200 meters from me.

Bittersweet I suppose.

ChrisW

Currently walking round Lego Land in Windsor and it's like I'm in heaven, Pokestops everywhere! And tons of high XP Pokemon

Pachimari

start trashing things like revive, unless you're trying to take down gyms all day you don't need that many at all times.
Yeah I just found out I can delete stuff, handy.

So apparently there's a big Pokemon Go event at the central station here in Copenhagen tonight. I think I'll go and check it out, so I can take photographs with the camera. According to the event, 2300 are going, while 7000 are interested. That said, it's raining heavily today.

KevinG

I've enjoyed my time with this game.

I got overly excited by catching a Psyduck last night, which showed me that maybe I should stop playing. My area is so barren and full of Pidgeys and Ratatas that a freaking Psyduck excited me.

I've enjoyed my time with this game.

I got overly excited by catching a Psyduck last night, which showed me that maybe I should stop playing. My area is so barren and full of Pidgeys and Ratatas that a freaking Psyduck excited me.

I had a lot of fun playing while I was on a city trip, but now that I'm back home in my rural town I think it's gonna lose its appeal again fast.

Ah well, I might go hunting in the city next week. Attack some gyms with the 5 Hypnos I evolved. :lol

hydruxo

The lack of communication from Niantic is really pathetic to be honest. They've got a cultural phenomenon in their hands and they can't keep a conversation going with their millions of players?

Just been out into town for a good wander around. Hatched a Mankey from a 5km egg, caught loads of new Pokemon and have over 50 Pokeballs in a couple of hours. I'll probably never catch all of them this way but it's still fun so far.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So what's the consensus? Which Pokemon are the best offense/defense now?

robochimp

I work at a hospital and we had a Pokestop and a gym on campus. Earlier this week both were removed from the game. It was a sad day for all of us.

This game kinda sucks if you live in the suburbs. There are only 3 poke stops near me so I'm always running out of poke balls. I'm only level 9. I did head to a local park and found 5 poke stops in walking distance which is great. Only bad thing is the gyms are all loaded with Pokemon over 1000 CP. My highest is 390 Arbok lol. It's so addicting but it's basically a grind fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom