• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

The absolute best change they can add is to allow you to trade your Pokemon, items, oreven levels with others who are very far away so ppl without many pokestops can have a fighting chance to catch up with others.

At this point I'd put down money ( a small amount, but still) on Trading and local battling to just not be added at all. Like, they are so far terrible with communication and now seemingly removing key features that are actually fun.

AdanVC

They didn't add anything to the nearby feature. They just removed the step icons and the possibility to select one of the Pokémon in the list. It's pretty much useless.

So they actually made the nearby section even more useless now??? WTF!! Thank heavens we have stuff like Pokevision and such...

Majukun

today,ina totally not organized collective effort,team valor managed to get back basically 90% of the gyms of my town,until yesterday domain of team mystic

managed to snatch 5 gym myself before redeeming, got a chansey and two 10 km eggs

a good day
If I evolve a Pokemon will its moveset change?

yes

Durden77

Right, and if you tap on a missed PokéBall, you'll get it back.

Try it for youself. I'm telling you every single Pokemon I encounter on the highway with incense runs after the first break out. It's either a distance thing or an incense thing, and I'm betting it's a distance thing because sometimes the show up when I'm not moving too fast away from them and they don't escape/run as easily.

Me and a friend are at a charmander nest and, it's insane how many people are here. It's a forest preserve and the entire parking lot is packed.

FZZ

Banned
So GAF of these mons which ones should I begin investing in?

I only nicknamed all the ones with 80%+ IVs, and the ones with IVs that weren't exact have avg listed next to them.

dJwn5lm.png

I'm thinking of just focusing on the 90%+ ones but I'm not too sure

Svafnir

Latest patch notes are out:

Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
Refined certain Gym animations
Improved memory issues
Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
Modified battle damage calculation
Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
Updated Pokémon details screen
Updated achievement medal images
Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
Minor text fixes

Rellik

Pokémon Go |OT 3| punched a cunt in the face just now

This.

Improved memory issues
Minor text fixes

Awesome. I've been wanting to change my character.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Did he play in some odd way? I don't lurk this thread enough and I'm curious

Its Yoshichan, he always goes all-out overboard into a game and then ragequits over small little things in a huge blow up manner and acts like a child all over whatever thread he's in.

He does this for every single game he gets into, and it's old as hell. Just stop giving the jack-ass attention.

Improved memory issues
Minor text fixes

OH LORDY YES

Acerac

Banned
Huh...

Damn you Niantic!

That's not Niantic's fault. That's just Yoshichan. The way he approaches video games is really unhealthy.

On the subject of patch notes, it is absurd that they'd remove the step counter. I'd vastly prefer that over the trackers, but without either trying to find pokemon is an exercise in futility.

Destroyed my bike and punched a cunt in the face just now

Feels so good to have quit this game. Completely done with this. By far the worst piece of shit I've ever had the honor to spend so many hours on. I am never returning to this crap again.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

RIP, never again a game from Nianshit

We seriously don't give a damn when it's the tenth time that you've said it.

Bye.

You clearly have some problems also. Get a grip on your life, seek some help, and fix it. It'll do you better than hang around on NeoGAF being mad.

Majukun

Improved memory issues
Minor text fixes

they are basically saying "you are all just using pokèvision anyway"

Banzai

I'm more interested in what "improved memory issues" means. The game does get very laggy on my 1gb ram phone sometimes, especially in menus. Would be neat if there is a performance increase.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Improved memory issues
Minor text fixes

This isn't a good sign

zroid

Banned
So GAF of these mons which ones should I begin investing in?

I only nicknamed all the ones with 80%+ IVs, and the ones with IVs that weren't exact have avg listed next to them.

I'm thinking of just focusing on the 90%+ ones but I'm not too sure

best nicknames ever

Scotia

Banned

Feels so good to have quit this game. Completely done with this. By far the worst piece of shit I've ever had the honor to spend so many hours on. I am never returning to this crap again.

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of Pokèmon Go and consider the game shit.
Today, 07:27 PM

Chaos17

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Healthy life: get exercice > eat healthy > sleep > take a break.

Removing certain things aside, I think they've done a good job of getting good the app into a pretty solid state.

It's pretty much worked perfectly for me the last week or so. Always able to log in, no freezes or crashes, no problems with Pokestops or losing Pokémon.

Im pretty pleased.

T.O.P

Banned

110 pokemons, lvl 24

Get a grip dude, seriously

Murugo

Will Niantic eventually give in and make footprints client-side? If they're worried about cheating they shouldn't have made their API convenient for sites like Pokevision.

panda-zebra

I've been using this tracker by a fellow gaffer and it's been really accurate so far, the obly minor problem with it is that for some reason the direction it shows is wrong. West and East are swapped for me (I am in Germany if that matters). For example the Weedle in the top left is showm as WNW, but actually it is ENE. Tapping on the footprints to show the location in Maps shows the true location.

Could that be a bug because of positive values for Longitude past Greenwich?

Lukemon

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF DOING THIS?

I've just been starring the good ones. I'm an idiot. To be honest, the difference between 80 and 90 is fairly negligable. Just make sure they have good stats in the area each is meant for - Attack for your Gym raiders, Defense for Gym holders and HP for Chansey/Vape/whatever.

Pachimari

I'm more interested in what "improved memory issues" means. The game does get very laggy on my 1gb ram phone sometimes, especially in menus. Would be neat if there is a performance increase.
Yeah this. Menus can get laggy on LG G3.
I also don't think it's the right time to panick over the removal of the footsteps. I'm sure it'll be back later.

zroid

Banned
Removing certain things aside, I think they've done a good job of getting good the app into a pretty solid state.

It's pretty much worked perfectly for me the last week or so. Always able to log in, no freezes or crashes, no problems with Pokestops or losing Pokémon.

Im pretty pleased.

ironically, ever since the game was released in Japan, it's been prety much stable :lol

Could that be a bug because of positive values for Longitude past Greenwich?

That sounds like the most plausible explanation, took me a while to find that out since i was trying to play legit while the tracker(rip) was broken. I got a bit annoyed because i started to question my ability to navigate by cardinal directions, lol.

johnsmith

remember me
So yesterday after hearing about the nest changes my downtown area with a park had a ton of psyducks in it, but today I'm scanning it again and I don't see a single one. This area never spawns water pokemon normally. I was sure the changes had turned it into a psyduck nest.

Dunfisch

Oh I'm done guys, don't ya'll worry about that. No bike = no Pokemon. Besides, it would be insane to keep going with this "game" knowing how it'll end.

I'm bailing out of this thread, along with the game for good now though. Don't worry.

Well, uh... y'know, D3 season 7 starts next week. Just saying. Even Gegz will be there.

*Cough*

Right, I'm out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom