• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

While it does suck that the nearby footsteps aren't working, they haven't been working for like 3 weeks already and it's not really an issue for me.

Though I guess the way I play now isn't really by trying to track things down so much as just going around with the app on and not looking at it unless my phone vibrates.

Vuze

hi guys only started playing today

are you only allowed 1 egg in the incubator at a time?

any good FAQs I can read?
Yes. You will eventually get some limited incubators when leveling up later on (ory ou can buy them) that you can use three times; but the one you get from the beginning has infinite uses.

Also LOL @ Niantic for removing the footprints. The fuck even, I love how they can't fix this shit but some dude over at /r/pokemongodev basically released an in-game workaround the other day.

AdanVC

hi guys only started playing today

are you only allowed 1 egg in the incubator at a time?

any good FAQs I can read?

Hi. Be ready to get hooked to this game and break records of running 2km just so you can catch a Slowpoke before it despawns (and I don't even have a Slowpoke yet!)

On the OP there's some very handful guides you can read :) The most complete as well.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Today I got

Blastoise
Venasaur
Charizard
Gengar
Porygon
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Dragonite
Chansey
Vapareon
Flareon
Lapras
Marowak
Exeggutor
Grimer
Muk
Dewgong
Wigglytuff
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Raichu
Arcanine

All in all, a good day

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shit he's playing this game? RIP life
well not anymore haha

Yoshichan's style of gaming represents to me all of the bad parts of it as something that should be a harmless and relaxing hobby. And yet I am inexorably drawn to him...

Anyway today's early afternoon hunt brought me to a downtown production studio/coffee bar where they were having an event for rescue kittens. they were cuties.

8akRBdc.jpg
bT3MQ3g.jpg
I swear if I didn't already have a dog and a cat I would've taken one home. Made a donation to the group though.

There were a bunch of pokestops nearby so I wandered a bit and most of them were highlighting street art. And I learned a little about the Ashante culture of Ghana.

Can't say I ever knew I wanted a mural of a pug in Bruce Lee's Game of Death tracksuit wielding bone nunchaku, but now I do.

Also found my third-ever Ekans and the first not to run from me, so he's in the dex. Plus got another 10 coins from a gym plus $1 of survey credit and I was able to upgrade my bag storage, and caught this beautiful specimen on the way out
Will be a nice bit of my upgrade frenzy when I hit 20 and get a lucky egg, I'm like 10% away.

Nice afternoon. :) And tomorrow is what is shaping up to be one of the biggest events for PoGo there have been so far down here, at one of our beach hotspots. I should've mentioned this long ago but if any of you are in South FL and want into any of the FB groups I'm in just shoot me a PM and I'll invite you.

Up to 77 Pokemon after catching an Electabuzz. Can evolve a few too but waiting to stack evos with a Lucky Egg.

I'm in a similar place. 75 Pokemon and I have 4 or 5 new ones coming from evolutions, but also waiting to pop my egg.

Then I'll have sort of plateaued, there are certain types of Pokemon that just don't show up anywhere near me.

Rippounette

Neo Member
It's pretty much worked perfectly for me the last week or so. Always able to log in, no freezes or crashes, no problems with Pokestops or losing Pokémon.

I still have freezes when capturing Pokémon pretty often and also total freezes at the beginning of an encounter with stuff like invisible Pokémon or invisible ground or whatever other visual bug. But that's the only bugs I still have personnally.

Well, I also keep getting teleported around my town but I think it's just because I live in a very rural place so the GPS is kinda lost. I actually don't mind this one since it let me hatch eggs pretty quickly without having to get out of my room aha.

Pachimari

I didn't realize that when throwing a curveball, if you spin it first (in circles) your throw don't actually have to be curved. You just have to throw it straight and to the right or left side of the Pokémon, and it'll curve by itself.

Durden77

Today I got

Blastoise
Venasaur
Charizard
Gengar
Porygon
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Dragonite
Chansey
Vapareon
Flareon
Lapras
Marowak
Exeggutor
Grimer
Muk
Dewgong
Wigglytuff
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Raichu
Arcanine

All in all, a good day

Jezus Christ! Where do you live/hunt? Were those all wild catches or were some evolved?

Pachimari

It's much easier to transfer Pokémon now. You can't mass transfer but at least you don't have to scroll anymore.
This is super good to hear. It could lag before, so I'm looking forward to try out the new way.

I just counted, and I have 25 Pokemon to evolve. But I have candy for many more, so I just need to catch more Pidgeys. How many should I preferably evolve when popping my lucky egg, 60?

Durden77

some evolved, some from eggs, i travel a lot though which is handy for this

Hot damn. I'd be happy with just a Blastoise.

I want this new update real bad, wish it would hit the store. I originally downloaded the game through the APK, so does that mean I can use the APK to update it? And if so, anyone got a link?

Skux

Hot damn. I'd be happy with just a Blastoise.

I want this new update real bad, wish it would hit the store. I originally downloaded the game through the APK, so does that mean I can use the APK to update it? And if so, anyone got a link?

Yup I got it from APK Mirror, it's working fine.

Red Fire

Yes. You will eventually get some limited incubators when leveling up later on (ory ou can buy them) that you can use three times; but the one you get from the beginning has infinite uses.

Also LOL @ Niantic for removing the footprints. The fuck even, I love how they can't fix this shit but some dude over at /r/pokemongodev basically released an in-game workaround the other day.

A pokemon tracker that works ingame, am i reading this correctly? Got a link?

This is super good to hear. It could lag before, so I'm looking forward to try out the new way.

I just counted, and I have 25 Pokemon to evolve. But I have candy for many more, so I just need to catch more Pidgeys. How many should I preferably evolve when popping my lucky egg, 60?

Yeah 60-70 seems to be what i can do in 30 mins. Even better if you haven't registered the evolution yet since it grants 2000 xp each

Kyuur

A pokemon tracker that works ingame, am i reading this correctly? Got a link?

Seems to be this? Much cooler than my approach. I wonder if it will still working with this adjustment.

Kind of strange they would just remove it entirely.. maybe in an effort to not confuse casual players while it is fixed? I hope its not just "we're not planning on fixing this so we're removing it". :|

masud

Banned
So just were just never gonna have the footprints again? Do they expect us to just wander around a huge area till we bump into the Pokemon were looking for? Using Pokevision would ruin the game for me (its kind of already being ruined because everyone around me is using it) but I don't know how much longer I'll keep playing like this.

Red Fire

Seems to be this? Much cooler than my approach. I wonder if it will still working with this adjustment.

Kind of strange they would just remove it entirely.. maybe in an effort to not confuse casual players while it is fixed? I hope its not just "we're not planning on fixing this so we're removing it". :|

Ah well seems too complicated for me. Plus i dont wanna risk getting banned for using this in the future if they ever decide to do that.

Your radar is still great.

CassSept

London is drowning in Drowzees

https://s31.postimg.org/8qeoslior/Screen_Shot_2016_07_30_at_21_51_14.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I always disliked Drowzee, always found him creepy, but Pokemon Go made me absolutely hate him. Drowzees are everywhere in Poland. Everydamnwhere. I have no idea why it's Drowzee out of all Pokemon out there, but it's bizarre how pervasive it is.

Yudoken

So, I was the whole time in turkey (and still am, we're currently driving to Istanbul and from there to Germany after resting at a friend) and the game was almost unplayable unless I was in a really busy place.

I know it's officially not out yet but the game is just unreliable on my Note 2 (which I'm going to upgrade this or next year) and the 3 paw bug just gave took a lot of fun out of thr game.

I actually loved to usr Poke live but somehow it doesn't work most of the times and it's almost impossible to catch Pokemon here.

And honestly I gave the game the benefit of the doubt, I'm playing it somewhere where it's not officially out and my phone does some trouble (did a lot of custom rom tinkering to make my phone faster and stable) but now with the newest update removing the paws entirely without a good alternative I'm probably not gonna play this for long in Germany.

Honestly I didn't expect to play this game for more than a day but the concept and thr overall excitement over the game got me interested as well.

I wish that the game wouldn't suck so bad...

In a weird way this is like Street Fighter V launch for me.

Unfinished, broken online and Singleplayer but this time with no offline gameplay and fun with friends. =/

The Cowboy

They patched out the 1st pokeball quick throw, you used to be able to throw a pokeball whilst the Pokémon was moving backwards just after starting the fight - now your pokeball won't actually show on screen until the Pokémon is all the way back.

Jay RaR

Went to a beach today, and got many Pokes!

Managed to encounter a Tentacruel and Golduck and caught them with 1 try. Neat!

Edging closer and closer to 100 Pokes in the 'dex.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well GAF I'm out till the next major update. I'm bored now and the game is just getting to repetitive to keep going. Gym battles are boring as fuck. So all that's left is hatching eggs for the region specific crap. I'm going to pop in the old cartridge and enjoy some real Pokemon

It's been a blast Pokemon GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom