• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox1304

QdpcTOI.png
Got this on my first 10km egg.
Good IVs, but a bit disappointing. The good fact is that since he has no evolution I can use all candies from the egg too !

team is starting to come together, some nice values for some.

Durden77

So yeah, some nice QoL improvements on the update. Like that the first thing it says when you start it up now is "Don't trespass while playing Pokemon GO" lawl.

No footprints is weird, but my as well remove them for now. Rrally hope they're not getting rid of the tracker feature though and just working on bringing it back.

Also I'm at home right now but I'm interested to see if the nearby list is at all any better when I got out. The most frustrating parts of it where the fact that Pokemon would get "stuck" on it and shit. If they can't tell me how far away the Pokemon are right now I can live with that, but hopefully the nearby list is now actually Pokemon that are nearby.

Kyuur

Good IVs, but a bit disappointing. The good fact is that since he has no evolution I can use all candies from the egg too !

You know what, I never really thought of this before. I wonder if they'll implement a new feature to use those candies?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Does the effect of a berry stack on a mon, or do you only use 1 per appearance? I've noticed that catching pokemon is getting harder as you gain in level. I'm beginning to encounter these high cp pidgeys and even those are quick to pop out of the ball.

I have one 10 km egg and I'm at lvl 15, should I start hatching it or wait til a later level?

I've been trying to do the spinning throw, but the effect always makes me hit way off mark.

Is it me or catching pokemon got a bit easier after the update? I caught 3 orange circle pokemon on my throw with a normal pokeball. Or maybe I just got lucky.

So Eggs don't make progress in sleep mode? I literally have to walk around with the app open and active? I walk 14 km during work and my 2 km egg made .1 progress.

Fox Mulder

So Eggs don't make progress in sleep mode? I literally have to walk around with the app open and active? I walk 14 km during work and my 2 km egg made .1 progress.

Yep.

I walk miles a day too for my job, but can't do it with my phone out and pokemon on running. They need background tracking, but I doubt it with this company.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Pokédex works for me after the update. Was unusable before (Xperia Z5C).

Mr. Doop

Yeah, there's a battery saver mode, but it's busted for me. It always soft locks the game. The only thing you can really do is just turn the brightness down all the way, and even that is less than ideal.

L Thammy

If you turn your phone upside down while in battery saver mode, it turns the screen (mostly) black. I think it helps? Haven't really kept track.

It'll also still vibrate if a Pokemon shows up.

Lukemon

Is Nosferalto the actual French name for Golbat or do you just have a super-strong nicknaming game? It's so good.

Jonbo298

If you turn your phone upside down while in battery saver mode, it turns the screen (mostly) black. I think it helps? Haven't really kept track.

It'll also still vibrate if a Pokemon shows up.

Remember also that your phone's screen timeout still applies even with that active.

Durden77

Probably old news, but it seems they fixed it so you can longer catch Pokemon while driving above a certain speed (I'm thinking over 40).

What do you mean by this? Will they not let you even select them anymore? Because I posted before it already seemed like Pokes escaped/ran much easier when going at high speeds.

Lukemon

Went to the park today and popped an incense while I walked around.

Saw 3 Rats.

WTF?!?!

Yeah, Incense is kinda fucked right now, it seems. I pop one at home without moving: one spawn every five minutes, almost like clockwork. I pop one while walking (which is apparently much more efficient): maybe three spawns total, all junk. And most run if the first ball doesn't work. I walk fast too, so seeing tales of a spawn every 200m ticked all the right boxes for me, but it just never happened. Shrug.

Fireblend

Banned
Got an 82% perfect Ponyta. Should I evolve it? I have just enough candy for a Rapidash and I'm tired of all my powerful mons being eeveelutions.

Jintor

Yeah, there's a battery saver mode, but it's busted for me. It always soft locks the game. The only thing you can really do is just turn the brightness down all the way, and even that is less than ideal.

Pokemon go extender is a good app for replicating battery saver. I've used it for the trial period without any hitches and am probably going to upgrade to full

KingBroly

Banned
I've seen more Dratinis than Squirtles and Charmanders combined at this point :X

The whole IV thing feels completely pointless for this game, IMO.

Jintor

I've seen more Dratinis than Squirtles and Charmanders combined at this point :X

The whole IV thing feels completely pointless for this game, IMO.

The only way it could be valuable to me a is a complete overhaul of the battle system. I'm really not a fan of it

KingBroly

Banned
The only way it could be valuable to me a is a complete overhaul of the battle system. I'm really not a fan of it

I like going out and catching stuff. I don't try battling Gyms because I'm never strong enough. If there's a spot open, I will dump one in, however.

They should probably do some kind of CP cap on Gyms to make them more accessible.

I also found one Poke Spot in the wrong location today. Dunno what I should do about it.

Durden77

Damn everything looks better about the game after the update. The battles have nice little presentation touches, it's more intenseintense when the Pokemon breaks out, it has a line saying "they broke free!" the Pokeballs have some sort of better lighting on them or something, ect. The little touches make it feel more like an actual Pokemon encounter.

Dominator

Saw a Seadra and Nidoking on Pokevision with both over 10 min to spare and in close proximity. I head out the door and both were around 500cp... I'm level 22z

I had both already with higher levels so I was disappointed :(

I have no nests near me. I havenever seen a Charmander in the wild. :( I've seen one growlithe and one one vulpix.

You'd think Florida would have plenty of fire pokemon.

At least I have a Ponyta. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom