• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sabroso

speaking of battery mode, cannot load location in the game if Battery Saving mode is the one used under Location settings on my Android phone, only high accuaracy can be used now in my phone for pokego

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My Seaking is in danger of losing its spot in the gym its protecting (must be those darned Team Mystic punks!). Can we put two Pokemon in the same gym?
Nope, he's by himself

all alone

but it's okay, just embrace it. I want to rock your gypsy soul, just like way back in the days of old. And magnificently we will flow into the Mystic.

3phemeral

Now they just need to multi-select mons for transfer. Get some of that mass slaughter for much candy going.

AWu0TIH.gif

Hycran

Banned
Pretty sure I just met my first hacker today. Took over a gym with no one around, before I could deposit anything someone threw another mon in. Killed it, same thing happened, 5 more times. Managed to finally throw something in and cash in my defender bonus along with some other gyms, but as soon as I left it was toast. Must be some automated program which spoofs the location and immediately throws something in when the gym is lost. Pretty bullshit.

Dominator

Hmm, a Pokemon broke free can ran towards me when it ran away. That seems new. And they changed how the Poke Ball looks.

Also I'm really not a fan of the message that pops up every time you start the game now.

Pretty sure I just met my first hacker today. Took over a gym with no one around, before I could deposit anything someone threw another mon in. Killed it, same thing happened, 5 more times. Managed to finally throw something in and cash in my defender bonus along with some other gyms, but as soon as I left it was toast. Must be some automated program which spoofs the location and immediately throws something in when the gym is lost. Pretty bullshit.

I discovered a hacker in McDonalds yesterday. There was an analogue pad on his screen so it is easy to notice. My friend saw it too and said "WTF it's like some GBA emulator shit".

piggychan

don't think the update has hit UK yet...

anyway been a good day with very few freezes in game.

Central London certainly is a city that has plenty of poke stops and you will easily obtain and use up 100+ poke balls in no time despite being chaotic and even an archaic place to live and work in.

Oxford Street areas
E2D5A48A-1FE8-4BCA-B835-EC0C20E9074E.png

Soho near Carnaby Street
19B110E4-A22C-4912-8A33-583457BBF7C2.png

51C794EF-3A18-4B5A-91F5-302B9E94C936.png

Finally towards the end of the day I found what appears to be a Vulpix nest in the Eastern parts of London too.
ABC99303-F7DA-42F7-AF61-46377B9C9F8C.png

3phemeral

So, along with the footprints being removed, you can no longer select individual Pokemon to highlight (which makes sense), as the sole purpose of that feature was to keep track of its footprint count.

On the plus side, they fixed the Pokedex.

Arrrammis

Yeah exact same google account. Dude this is ridiculous. I never even signed out or updated anything.

Are you on android/do you have multiple google accounts registered on it? Is yes to both, then it might have automatically picked a different google account than you were using, so logging out and logging back in should bring up your accounts and allow you to choose which account to sign in with.

If not, I don't know what to say other than submit a ticket or get in touch with customer support some other way.

J-Roderton

Are you on android/do you have multiple google accounts registered on it? Is yes to both, then it might have automatically picked a different google account than you were using, so logging out and logging back in should bring up your accounts and allow you to choose which account to sign in with.

If not, I don't know what to say other than submit a ticket or get in touch with customer support some other way.

I dunno. I'm on iPhone and just have one google account anyway. At least it says my user name is in use so that hopefully means my account exists out there somewhere.

So I was just prompted to make a new character. Has all my shit been erased? It's just showing me the three starters to catch now.

My girlfriend is having the same problem post-update. Immediately before the update it was fine.

Only one signed in account, tried logging in on different devices and it's the same issue.

molnizzle

So I was just prompted to make a new character. Has all my shit been erased? It's just showing me the three starters to catch now.

Same here. WTF?

I was level 20 and had spent about $20 on pokeballs since launch, this ain't gonna fly.

Worked fine for a bit after the update, then open the app at home and it acts like I've never played before.

PSFan

I dunno. I'm on iPhone and just have one google account anyway. At least it says my user name is in use so that hopefully means my account exists out there somewhere.

My girlfriend is having the same problem post-update. Immediately before the update it was fine.

Only one signed in account, tried logging in on different devices and it's the same issue.

Same here. WTF?

I was level 20 and had spent about $20 on pokeballs since launch, this ain't gonna fly.

Worked fine for a bit after the update, then open the app at home and it acts like I've never played before.

By any chance did you use those accounts to log into any of those Pokevision apps instead of a dummy account? Maybe it could have something to do with that?

molnizzle

By any chance did you use those accounts to log into any of those Pokevision apps instead of a dummy account? Maybe it could have something to do with that?

No... I don't even know what Pokevision is, and this account isn't used for anything else, I made it specifically for Pokemon GO.

EhoaVash

Neat finally a good update. Just drove a few miles with the app on, it used to always bug out but it finally did not on:eek: nice on Android here.

Also wtf when I first launched the game I had battery saver set on. Just noticed that it's been off the entire time finally turned it on now :(

PSFan

No... I don't even know what Pokevision is, and this account isn't used for anything else, I made it specifically for Pokemon GO.

Well, then I can only think you are somehow using a different account. Something like that happened to my nephew. I had set up a PTC account for him. He was having trouble logging in one day and I helped him get logged in. But all his Pokemon were gone. I hadn't known that my brother had switched him to a Google login because of the PTC issues and thought he was using the PTC account still.

Once he logged in with his Google account, everything was normal.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Well, then I can only think you are somehow using a different account. Something like that happened to my nephew. I had set up a PTC account for him. He was having trouble logging in one day and I helped him get logged in. But all his Pokemon were gone. I hadn't known that my brother had switched him to a Google login because of the PTC issues and thought he was using the PTC account still.

Once he logged in with his Google account, everything was normal.

Or you know, it could be glitching out? Just look at "new" posts on the pokemongo reddit, and you'll see threads posted every couple mins complaining about this right now. Niantic broke something again.

Found out what the deal was, at least for my girlfriend. She has a YouTube account that's tied to an @yahoo.com email, and apparently THAT was the one she used to create her account. Didn't realize YouTube accounts not tied to an @gmail.com actually counted. For some reason the update removed the YouTube account from her active logins on the Google sign-in screen, so it was just going to her main Google account instead, and we didn't think anything of it.

Sooo... Dumb mistake mixed with a weird forced logout, probably won't help people here.

PSFan

Or you know, it could be glitching out? Just look at "new" posts on the pokemongo reddit, and you'll see threads posted every couple mins complaining about this right now. Niantic broke something again.

No need to get snarky, I was only trying to help. It was just a thought is all.

molnizzle

Found a post on Reddit and it got my progress back. Do this:

1.) log out of your account in game
2.) log out of any Google accounts in Safari
3.) turn on airplane mode
4.) run the game, click sign out if you're still not
5.) turn off airplane mode and sign back in to game

Brought all my shit back. *whew*

I've been bled of so man balls since the update. I can't believe the made this game even less fun. I feel like a schmuck for even putting this much time into it.

Rellik

Updated and the first Pokemon I come across is a CP67 Magikarp that was impossible to catch. Eventually it ran away. Damn Mega Magikarp.

Unless they've made it tougher to catch Pokemon.

Poona

I think it's called Pokewhere on IOS

it's not bad but can be glitchy at times

Yeah, I found a somewhat decent one on google play store called pokemon finder, which also gives you notifications if one of your pokemon of choice is nearby and doesn't require any logging in. It seems to be better than quite a few others I tried just didn't think I had seen yours before so will look it up.

molnizzle

Quoting for new page, if your progress appears to have been reset, try this. Worked for me.

Found a post on Reddit and it got my progress back. Do this:

1.) log out of your account in game
2.) log out of any Google accounts in Safari
3.) turn on airplane mode
4.) run the game, click sign out if you're still not
5.) turn off airplane mode and sign back in to game

Brought all my shit back. *whew*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom