• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody else noticed that recently it takes way more pokeballs to catch any pokemon now? Also the flee rate is ridiculous. It was never like this in the first few weeks of release.

Grazzt

Has anybody else noticed that recently it takes way more pokeballs to catch any pokemon now? Also the flee rate is ridiculous. It was never like this in the first few weeks of release.
Looks like I'm not the only one. This shit is annoying and stupid. Don't ruin this game Niantic.
Just had a CP138 Pidgey and CP 82 Ratata ran away from me, both after one throw.
And a CP 77 Charmander cost me 6 pokeballs and 3 greatballs to catch. I'm at level 26.
Fuck this shit.

piggychan

oh I even had a few today that only had around 18-ish CP and they ran away on me..level 21+ player

Pulled the trigger on a bunch of evolutions a bit ago. Saved half a dozen pokemon I didn't have along with the usual evo fodder, and ended up with Exeggutor, Ninetails, Raichu, Nidoking, and some others.

I'm 12 candies or less from getting Nidoqueen, Primeape, Magneton, Arcanine, Clefable, Victreebell, and five or six others I'm forgetting. That should put me around 115 pokemon; should manage to get to 120 with a bit more work.

I'm pretty much out of luck for the rest, I think. Dratini will take me a while to get 40 more candies, only halfway to gyarados, and I rarely see charmanders/bulbasaurs around here. On the bright side, a local hitmonchan nest has turned into a voltorb one.

I've been reliant on eggs for a while, and that's still not really paying off. 160+ hatched and I haven't gotten a new pokemon in recent memory, and the ones I am getting aren't typically helping with candies I need to evolve new pokemon.

Still enjoying myself, but I'm a bit burned out with the grind. I know I could slow down and play sparingly, but that would really kill my progress since I travel so much and would lose out on stumbmling upon new/rare stuff & bulk candy pickups from catching everything around.

Not even concerned with levels anymore. I'll always use lucky eggs (especially after that store glitch which emptied my coins and left me with 24 lucky eggs) when evolving, but I'm really just interested in filling my pokedex and then waiting for new gens or whatever else they've got cooking.

Looks like I'm not the only one. This shit is annoying and stupid. Don't ruin this game Niantic.
Just had a CP138 Pidgey and CP 82 Ratata ran away from me, both after one throw.
And a CP 77 Charmander cost me 6 pokeballs and 3 greatballs to catch. I'm at level 26.
Fuck this shit.
Maybe this is in the same vein as them nerfing the "nearby" functionality, where it doesn't actually directly reduce server strain, but instead indirectly reduces server strain by reducing the number of players who want to play the game.

Maybe this is in the same vein as them nerfing the "nearby" functionality, where it doesn't actually directly reduce server strain, but instead indirectly reduces server strain by reducing the number of players who want to play the game.

That's for sure. I certainly wouldn't want to catch everything around me if low level trash took 5+ balls to catch and fled half the time. Even with the potential to fill up balls at pokestops, the annoyance would stop me from playing the way I currently do.

hirokazu

Battery saver seems to be running better now (Android). Been using it for a little over an hour without any freezes.

Edit: and just after I post this, my game freezes x_x

More likely they removed it because it didn't actually save on battery on iOS devices since LCDs don't gain any benefits from a dark screen. That's all it really did.

Still, I liked that it blacked out the screen when I have the phone down.

And a CP 77 Charmander cost me 6 pokeballs and 3 greatballs to catch.
Fuck this shit.
It takes a good 2 minutes to catch most pokemon now. Ultra balls are trash now too. I'll have regular pokemon break out of 3 in a row. Almost every encounter bleeds me of balls no matter what I'm up against, or the pokemon flees immediately. And these are common, low CP pokemon. It's quickly souring me on this game. I can only imagine how much time and how many balls it will take to capture a rare, high CP pokemon.

Replicant

The capture rate turning shitty and shittier after Level 18 is unbearable. If Niantic wants longetivity in this game, they need to fix this shit.

And why is it with the trio of assholes (Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle) that make them so fucking more difficult to capture than other types? Even at the same CP level, for some reason these fuckers require stronger pokeballs than other pokemons on their level or even at higher level?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When I logged in earlier a message popped up "remember to" something...something... any catch what that was?

It's probably like "remember to watch where you're going". The update added a few pop-up messages that will appear every time you open the game. You didn't miss anything important.

Jintor

I hope they grab that other helpful hint art that was being passed around my

I keep forgetting jr Osaka station is a Pokemon black hole. Absolutely nothing here

Kaze Kyou

Nope, he's by himself

all alone

but it's okay, just embrace it. I want to rock your gypsy soul, just like way back in the days of old. And magnificently we will flow into the Mystic.

So we can only leave one Pokemon in the same gym at the same time? We can't leave several Pokemon at the same time?

One of the first things I noticed. Glad it's not just my imagination.

Seems like this game is getting filled with "do this and this so we can bleed more money out of this game" from higher-ups that will eventually run all the players off and make Niantic wondering what the hell happened.

Grazzt

It takes a good 2 minutes to catch most pokemon now. Ultra balls are trash now too. I'll have regular pokemon break out of 3 in a row. Almost every encounter bleeds me of balls no matter what I'm up against, or the pokemon flees immediately. And these are common, low CP pokemon. It's quickly souring me on this game. I can only imagine how much time and how many balls it will take to capture a rare, high CP pokemon.

I forgot to mention that they now attack and jump more frequently than before as well. Usually right after you throw or right before the ball is about to land.

Mariolee

Fuck this shit.

Its been known that it gets harder to catch ALL Pokemon as you level up.

I like the bolded CP and the new UI changes, to be honest. Haven't caught enough yet to comment on the capture rate yet, but I got a cp334 Venonat on orange (Lvl 17 here) with a single pokeball.

New animation is also nice. Shame about the tracker tho

deanote666

Weedles have always broken out far more than any other pokemon. Had a 121 CP one earlier break out of 4 regular and 2 great balls and then fled.

Had 2 eevees flee on me earlier too.

Level 18 here.

Muku

Um... no Battery Saver mode now? What does this mean? I get to let it eat through my battery quicker? Or should I just not have updated. :/

Xamdou

Anyone have visitor ticket page the Pokemon World Championships Event in SF, California? I went to the official website but couldn't find it.

tumblr_ob3dx88xxW1qzeo2zo1_500.jpg

Replicant

I caught a +1200 Charizard with a regular Pokeball. My friends were so mad.

I get the feeling that the strength of the Pokeball doesn't matter much these days. Niantic has fucked the capture chance so much that you can actually catch the high level ones using normal pokeball (I guess that's their way to get you to buy more pokeballs). It's just a matter of using enough of it and having luck that the pokemon doesn't run off before you catch it. I've had 500cp pokemon breaks out immediately out of a Greatball only ended being captured by normal pokeball since I ran out of the former. :mad:

Also, is there a point in throwing berries anymore now? I feel like it just fucks up your ball curve instead of helping.

Muku

Updated and I still have battery saver mode available on android. Maybe it's an IOS thing?

Yeah, must be. Saw someone else with iOS complaining about it. THANKS NIANTIC. Now I get to hunt in way less time because it's going to suck the living hell out of my battery. SO FUN.

adamy

Banned
If they removed battery saver mode, they did everyone a favor. It was broken as hell

Just carry a small portable charger. Mine lets me play for 2 days without recharging the charger

deanote666

Has anyone else had issues with the ball curving to the side when swiping in a straight line? Anyone know how to prevent that? If I want to throw a curve ball, I wouldn't be swiping in a straight line, dang it!

Ishida

Banned
Has anyone else had issues with the ball curving to the side when swiping in a straight line? Anyone know how to prevent that? If I want to throw a curve ball, I wouldn't be swiping in a straight line, dang it!

Pretty sure they made some throws fail on purpose. Happened to me tons of times.

adamy

Banned

This is nothing new and is intentional, throw curveballs to correct it

molnizzle

Battery saver was flaky as fuck anyway, it would randomly freeze your screen sometimes when you undimmed. I'm sure they removed it until it could be fixed.

Unrelated, but what is this "IV" some of you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom