• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Blocking fan-made trackers is pure bs when the in-game tracker is broken. I only started using Pokemon Nearby (RIP) because the in-game tracker was broken and it allowed me to catch a few nice Pokes, now it's all up to dumb luck and that's not too fun...

Anyone else feel like they barely notice their phones vibrating when it's in your pocket while on a run? Sometimes I feel it, but there are also so many times where I randomly pull it out when I haven't felt anything it and there are Pokemon around my trainer guy. Who knows how many Pokemon I could have just straight up missed. Is there an app or something that increase the vibration on m Galaxy s7 or something

Post patch:

-Pokeball black stripe geometry looks sharper and worse. The softer roundness from before was easier on the eyes.

-Berries just flop onto the floor now when used. The light and heart effect is not only delayed, but appears either to the left or right of the Pokemon now, never exactly where they're standing.

-Maybe it's just me, but they are putting some Pokemon wayyy to fucking far on the field now. I feel like I'm wasting double the balls just trying to reach the damn thing.

-The new transfer/favorite button is a horrible bandaid solution to what needs to be a checklist based transfer system for cleaning out your Pokebox. It's utter bullshit we need to send them one at a time still.

-The new Pokemon breaking free animation looks like an unfinished glitch, it's horrendous.

-The text for "The Pokemon broke free!" clutters the screen and is really unnecessary.

Totally shocked at what an unpolished patch this was. One of the few occasions I've seen where a patch actually does more to make the game worse rather than improve it. What is Niantic doing over there? Why rush this out? Embarrasing.

Geneijin

Post patch:

-Maybe it's just me, but they are putting some Pokemon wayyy to fucking far on the field now. I feel like I'm wasting double the balls just trying to reach the damn thing.
No, it's not just you. My old curve technique doesn't work at all anymore on some Pokemon because of it. I have to almost swipe the screen from bottom to top to throw it far enough.

I also think Pokemon are fleeing more because I was one of the few idiots that would actually capture Zubats (need any stardust I can get), but I've been noticing even the <200 CP ones fleeing more than usual. Entirely anecdotal of course.

Game is making me quit with no report function for suspected botters that are stealing local gyms at night and no functioning tracker, in-app or third party.

acm2000

well for now the game is unplayable as there is no way to actually hunt down pokemon which defeats the entire purpose of what its about.

Pokemon Go Desktop Maps is however still working, albeit fairly slowly so that appears to be the only option.

panda-zebra

Game is making me quit with no report function for suspected botters that are stealing local gyms at night and no functioning tracker, in-app or third party.

It should be a priority - these kids having multiple bot accounts taking all 10 spots in gyms are potentially raking in plenty of coins. But I suppose that's less coins earned by us genuine players and more chance we'll pay for them, or ease off the game until it's not a problem :/

So what is the point in having to bleed balls in order to catch anything? You can only buy regular pokeballs in the store and garbage pokemon regularly break out an flee from great and ultra balls. So why would anyone waste money on that? What is Niantic doing?

This update is brutal. My GF doesn't even open her game that much anymore based of how discouraging catching pokemon has become. She missed out on a Persian and a Raichu today because they fled after breaking out of 10+ balls in a row with a new berry after every breakout. She only plays to catch Pokemon and not battle, so with the tracking being removed and the increase in difficulty in catching anything&#8230;it's pretty much dead for her.

Joco

So text seems worse, Pokemon made even more difficult to catch, GPS issues continue, tracking removed entirely... It's like Niantic decided that the game was too popular and wants to kill it. The new messages about Pokemon breaking free, totally unnecessary. I never should have downloaded this update.

Why it doesn't matter. Combat is influenced by latency too much that the maximum miniscule 10% doesn't matter, nevermind attack animation speed is the real decider, and there's no meaning to competitive play. Having one friend help you is infinitely more helpful than grinding for IV to fight alone.

That said I have a perfect IV vaporeon and jolteon.

I know the difference it makes / does not make. It is just something I enjoy doing in many video games. I am unable to accurately hunt individual Pokemon anymore, so I am having fun chasing the perfect IV couple to evolve.

Just something I find fun. Each to their own.

so with the tracking being removed and the increase in difficulty in catching anything&#8230;it's pretty much dead for her.

Very unfortunate isn't it, hopefully they see the dropping numbers and take action. In saying that I am SURE they have to be working overtime on a solution at the moment, it just makes zero sense to not give it a truck load of attention. (to me)

So my 10km egg just hatched and the IVs are not bad at all.
PzcyH2L.jpg
What are you using to get your IV stats?

T.O.P

Banned
Is it normal that there's absolutely almost no pokemon around me anymore?

I can only see 1 rattata, in my entire town, wtf

Unicorn

So text seems worse, Pokemon made even more difficult to catch, GPS issues continue, tracking removed entirely... It's like Niantic decided that the game was too popular and wants to kill it. The new messages about Pokemon breaking free, totally unnecessary. I never should have downloaded this update.
There were people nearby I heard being kicked from server and being prompted to update app, "what does this mean? Oh.."

So update is forced.

Azole

Neo Member
Not a fan of the new animation. It's way too slow and I hate seeing the "Pokemon broke free" message everytime it breaks free...

Geneijin

It should be a priority - these kids having multiple bot accounts taking all 10 spots in gyms are potentially raking in plenty of coins. But I suppose that's less coins earned by us genuine players and more chance we'll pay for them, or ease off the game until it's not a problem :/
Yeah, pretty much. It's just becoming so blatant that I can't be bothered to play the game anymore. Like I can conquer 3-5 gyms a night in my neighborhood at best, but I'm just getting so suspicious of gyms being lost to no visible or noisy person or car. I even audibly ask if anyone is nearby to quell my suspicions but to no response. Sometimes, it gets so egregious that I would just stand near one gym for ten minutes at a time, and I would constantly clear the same trainer and his Pokemon from the same gym.

I just want money for Incubators honestly (and the goddamn ability to run the app in the background to hatch them) but getting 10 coins a day just isn't appealing enough with the associated trouble. Too bad because this was probably one of the few times I could see myself dropping $10 a month just on Incubators, but these problems and lack of communication is just awful right now.

So they removed steps and killed the online trackers, but at the same time didn't actually fix the in game tracker?

Had the app open for a while and it was showing a Drowzee, an Ekans and a Bulbasaur, but upon rebooting the app it went back to a few Pidgeys.

So now the game is basically walk around blindly and see what pops up? Great.

3phemeral

What are you using to get your IV stats?

Go Analyzer

Once you open the app, you can switch to the game and take screenshots of your whole roster. Any screenshot taken within two minutes will be scanned by the analyzer once you switch back to it. If there's anything incorrectly OCRd, it'll ask you, one by one, to correct them until you finish going through the entire automated queue.

It's really quite nice.

jts

...hate me...
Wow am I glad I just used Pokévision on its last hours to catch new Pokémon. Would be pissed if I had further waited.

rip in peace

T.O.P

Banned
Wow am I glad I just used Pokévision on its last hours to catch new Pokémon. Would be pissed if I had further waited.

rip in peace

The GO Live map seems to still be working right now

But i really REALLy prefered the nearby.io for mobiles :/

Ashodin

They fucked people over with this update. Pokemon escaping multiple balls and fleeing, removing footprints, taking out the trick to catch lower level pokemon with one ball. Really shitty of them to do this. I tried going back to the old version of the app and it seems like they broke something so you can't go back and install the previous version. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the old version and it won't work now.

I like how closing loopholes and tricks makes people "fucked over".

masud

Banned
Glad the trackers are gone it was ruining the game. The in game tracker not working is also ruining the game but that can be rectified (hopefully soon).

panda-zebra

They should have fixed their in game tracker before breaking the third party ones.

True, but now that huge server load is gone from all that tracker site/app scanning (I have no idea what that actually amounts to...), maybe they will be in a position to reimplement their own tracker?

Dishwalla

Banned
Don't see how things like Pokevision were "ruining" the game, you didn't have to use them. I liked it because it gave you an idea of what was available in your area, and what type of Pokemon typically spawn in certain places.

True, but now that huge server load is gone from all that tracker site/app scanning (I have no idea what that actually amounts to...), maybe they will be in a position to reimplement their own tracker?

Those are two unrelated things. Those handling server issues wouldn't be the same people patching the various bugs afflicting the nearby menu.

Don't see how things like Pokevision were "ruining" the game, you didn't have to use them. I liked it because it gave you an idea of what was available in your area, and what type of Pokemon typically spawn in certain places.

Also this. Like... what do you care? How is it hurting you if other people are "playing wrong"?

3phemeral

Also, as "easy" as it was to spot them, it doesn't mean you'll catch them. On top of that, you had to physically move to those locations to get them. Even if you had a car to use, often times they'd be too far away for you to arrive before they despawn.

The only way to use the tool properly is to be at a location that's already spawning mons like crazy (Santa Monica Pier), then hope you run your ass off fast enough to get there.

Most the time, players were shouting locations and people would run en masse before it disappeared. It's pretty necessary since the Nearby list is broken.

jts

...hate me...
Never even saw Pokemon like Charizard or Dragonite or Gyrados on Pokevision, still hoping to run into one of them sometime.

Had a Charizard showing up nearby yesterday but couldn&#8217;t find it :(

Anyway added Seel, Tentacool and Omanyte in the same day so can&#8217;t complain. 66 in the Pokédex now.

3phemeral

Maybe it's just me but curveballs seem way harder to hit now. =(

Just lower the angle a bit and it'd work. Of course, with how limited the screen space is now because of this, it's pretty impossible to reach those Pokemon that are farther away from you using a curve ball. Had to use a standard straight throw for some because a curve ball would never reach.

Banzai

Okay apparently they broke a bunch of things but at least the game runs a lot smoother on my phone. Like, A LOT. Hopefully the negative stuff won't impact me as much.

Personally, I regard Pokevision as a shortcut and I never use it. This game is encouraging people to go outside, to communicate and to share information with each other. As I treat it like a real-life MMO, I don't like to use trackers like Pokevision because it takes out the fun and goes against the intentions of the development team. While it is inexcusable that Niantic hasn't fixed the 3-step system and isn't try to communicate with players, I still recommend people to share info among each other instead of asking for shortcuts.

Of course, this is just my opinion, you can play it however you want. I just think that some of you are childish for making drive-by post saying the game "does not work". There are still many people out there having fun even though they don't know what they are going to catch, and seriously, that's part of the fun about this game.

Okay apparently they broke a bunch of things but at least the game runs a lot smoother on my phone. Like, A LOT. Hopefully the negative stuff won't impact me as much.

Yes, I totally agree. It is much smoother and the details of the map is much better than before. Although I am not a fan towards the font and bolded CP and names, I still find that most of the updated features make the game better.

I promise you they took battery saver out because half the time the game would be unresponsive once it came back from the black screen. So pretty much the same reason they took away the steps.

What a terrible terrible company, my god. Oh its broken? just take it out!

pringles

Without any tracking the game will sadly get a lot less of my time for now. Glad I was able to have some amazing moments with the game thanks to Pokévision and Pokémon Nearby, hope they can fix the in-game tracker before the game dies off completely.

Septic360

Banned
Wait, I'm just reading about this update but I've started the game and it hasn't asked me to update?

Everything seems to work like before? Should I not update the game? Based off what you guys are posting, the new update sounds like crap.

I promise you they took battery saver out because half the time the game would be unresponsive once it came back from the black screen. So pretty much the same reason they took away the steps.

What a terrible terrible company, my god. Oh its broken? just take it out!

A) It's broken, let's take it out while we fix it.

B) It's broken, let's leave it broken while we fix it.

You're saying you'd prefer option B? If these features never come back then fair enough, that's pretty shit, but it's a bit early to see that.

Saying that, the battery saver always worked fine for me although I was never particularly convinced it did much to save the battery.

Toki767

A) It's broken, let's take it out while we fix it.

B) It's broken, let's leave it broken while we fix it.

You're saying you'd prefer option B? If these features never come back then fair enough, that's pretty shit, but it's a bit early to see that.

Saying that, the battery saver always worked fine for me although I was never particularly convinced it did much to save the battery.

Well we're getting Option C:

It's broken, let's take it out. We may or may not fix it. Let's also not tell anyone what's happening while we're at it.

Who's idea is it to NOT use their social media?
Are they so broke they can't afford to spend 30 minutes a day on twitter or/and Facebook telling their audience what the fuck is going on?

dity

Dunno what you guys mean by the Pokemon being further away. Pokemon are way WAY closer for me in non-AR mode. Although I have noticed that curve balls now have a much sharper curve compared to before. Before you might have thought you did a curve ball, but didn't.

Also, my area used to just be full of Doduo, Rattata, Pidgey, and Zubat. Now I'm finding a lot more kinds of Pokemon.

And I bet the "the Pokemon broke free!" message is for players first getting into Pokemon with this app. They might not have understood Pokemon breaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom