• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

My 654 CP Venomoth took out like 50% HP of a 2046 CP Arcanine. I didn't realize he had such great DPS... Pretty much constant damage, hits literally as fast as I can tap the screen. All my other Pokémon have to wait through the animation for each attack but Venomoth has no delay. I had no idea.

I think power saver features might be the default now. My screen dimmed while the game was active, and when I picked up the phone it brightened again.

It works, but it's often out of date and totally inconsistent. Two people next to each other can have completely different "Nearby" lists (And I mean different Pokemon, not just the order of them)

do you think maybe levels account for the different pokemon? cause I know once I hit level 20 there were a bunch of different pokemon that have shown up more often (radicates instead of ratattas)

Have they really not learned anything from that comic-con panel? That people actually want them to be vocal and say at least something concerning the current situation? I remember them saying "oh there's alot of (angry) people talking about the bugs" like no shit you're not saying anything about them.

At this point it's basically: If something isn't working properly, they're going to remove it from the game and try to fix it. That's what i gathered from them removing tracking and battery saver (sometimes saver mode would make the screen unresponsive and would have to reset the game). I don't like this at all.

Btw I read somewhere that nice/great/excellent bonuses aren't working correctly? Is that true? Haven't been able to catch much since the update.

Lunar FC

Have they really not learned anything from that comic-con panel? That people actually want them to be vocal and say at least something concerning the current situation? I remember them saying "oh there's alot of (angry) people talking about the bugs" like no shit you're not saying anything about them.

At this point it's basically: If something isn't working properly, they're going to remove it from the game and try to fix it. That's what i gathered from them removing tracking and battery saver (sometimes saver mode would make the screen unresponsive and would have to reset the game). I don't like this at all.

Btw I read somewhere that nice/great/excellent bonuses aren't working correctly? Is that true? Haven't been able to catch much since the update.

What the biggest problem is, is that they are removing things and not saying shit about what they are going to do going forward.

ymgve

do you think maybe levels account for the different pokemon? cause I know once I hit level 20 there were a bunch of different pokemon that have shown up more often (radicates instead of ratattas)

Apart from when you're using incense, everyone sees the exact same Pokemon. Hell, Pokevision and other pokescanners all used Level 1 accounts that hadn't even finished the tutorial to do their scanning.

Saad

Magikarp heaven turned into a swamp of Psyducks. And I was so close at 300 candies, now my mission is finding another Magikarp nest.

Geneijin

Either that or they completely removed it. You can still get the prompts when you throw, but no more bonus experience points for them which is a bit sad honestly. Most demanding skill in the game with no reward anymore.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the wallhack argument. FPS multiplayer is a pure competitive game with a (generally) fair playing field.

Pokemon go is almost a complete reversal to that. It's unbalanced, there's no shown prestige for catching a high number of pokemon on the dex, and gym fighting is what I can only dumb down into "a mess."

Why are people getting so annoyed with pokevision users? Who cares. It didn't stop you from your personal quest to 'catch them all' and it doesn't make your gym any easier to take or hold since everyone and their mom had high level vaporeons even before a single 3rd party tracker existed.

What the biggest problem is, is that they are removing things and not saying shit about what they are going to do going forward.

That's been their mo so far. Shit, they moved the transfer button and didn't even say where they put it. There are probably so many lost people that can't find it now. Just look at this thread of tech savvy people that can't find it. Imagine your average joe. Horrible communication and every update to the game has only made things worse.

PSFan

Apart from when you're using incense, everyone sees the exact same Pokemon. Hell, Pokevision and other pokescanners all used Level 1 accounts that hadn't even finished the tutorial to do their scanning.

Well, I think there may be something to particular Pokemon spawning more often. Maybe something like the game knowing when a particular Pokemon is caught by a lot of people in a neighborhood, then it will show up more often because not as many people will want it.

Chaos17

Came back from my 2 hours walk, I feel scamed to have looted only 15 pokeballs while walking around 10 pokespots, lol
Today my connection was bad, I had to reboot a lot the app while all servers are green.

Lunar FC

Came back from my walk, I feel scamed to have looted only 15 pokeballs while walking around 10 pokespots, lol

I spent an hour on campus trying to restock ultra balls on Thursday, and got 2 of them out of 30-40 pokestops.
Only for them to auto-curve for no fucking reason when I need them.

hemo memo

Mother lost all progress (level 9) after the update. We tried everything, Delete and install the app, remove gmail permission and download again but nothing. She's not the only one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/31/pokemon-go-fans-devastated-after-game-update-resets-their-progre/

So is there an email so I could contact Niantic? She doesn't know Engish and it's unfortunate becuase she was having a fun time playing and I don't think she'll start over.

I found this on reddit pokemon-go-support@nianticlabs.com but it goes to unmonitored inbox.

Could someone provide an email I could contact them to resolve the issue?

zroid

Banned
Thinking about Niantic's comments about introducing breeding, I figure that the main reason to do it would be to get candies of a Pokémon that's rare. Like breed a couple Dratinis or something and the egg when it hatches would yield ~15-20 candies you couldn't easily obtain otherwise. I doubt IVs and stuff would play a role in how that works.

L Thammy

Went to a place with plenty of Pokestops, used a Lucky Egg, and took a walk. Got completely lost and it took me another hour or so to figure out how to get back, but hey, more Pokestops and egg hatching!

Thinking about Niantic's comments about introducing breeding, I figure that the main reason to do it would be to get candies of a Pokémon that's rare. Like breed a couple Dratinis or something and the egg when it hatches would yield ~15-20 candies you couldn't easily obtain otherwise. I doubt IVs and stuff would play a role in how that works.

That would be great, but they should really also make it so that evolved Pokemon give you more than one fucking candy when you transfer them.

Well, I think there may be something to particular Pokemon spawning more often. Maybe something like the game knowing when a particular Pokemon is caught by a lot of people in a neighborhood, then it will show up more often because not as many people will want it.

Hahaha this is so paranoid

Chaos17

Mother lost all progress (level 9) after the update. We tried everything, Delete and install the app, remove gmail permission and download again but nothing. She's not the only one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/31/pokemon-go-fans-devastated-after-game-update-resets-their-progre/

So is there an email so I could contact Niantic? She doesn't know Engish and it's unfortunate becuase she was having a fun time playing and I don't think she'll start over.

I found this on reddit pokemon-go-support@nianticlabs.com but it goes to unmonitored inbox.

Could someone provide an email I could contact them to resolve the issue?

Not email but you can send a ticket here: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

P44

There's no need to argue with people who believe the trackers were fine. They're the same people who will say they can wallhack in a FPS because their sound is not working properly.

The whole game's idea is to hit new spots out of curiosity, linking your real life experience with a fun pretext. With internet and just talking to people, you know about the best spots in your area, plus you can always go explore that park you heard about a couple years back, etc.

The violence of their words right now speaks more of their unwillingness to walk or look outside their screen. That's not something you discuss, they'll be stubborn.

Come on man

Step into the other persons shoes for once

Imagine you live in a rural area with a handful of pokestops separated by a mile or two, and a pretty low spawn rate of Pokemon, with broken tracking - and even if there were tracking, the amount of work relatively speaking you have to put in to do as well as a guy that lives somewhere busier is far higher.

The game's idea can be whatever the hell it wants to be, the game's execution is lacking. Call other people stubborn, but you're refusing to see it from their side - the algorithm used to generate content in the game is fundamentally flawed. Don't blame other people when they go out of there way and use tools to find content.

I had speculated a long time ago that perhaps it was the reason they haven't put ditto in yet. Ditto could breed with any Pokemon (or something comparable to breeding..maybe like "Ditto and X are playing! Oh? Ditto got some candy!" and then you get some extra candy from Ditto to use for leveling up or whatever.

Ditto would still be a very rare Pokemon, but it'd be useful in the candy endeavor, especially when you find a really rare Pokemon and have no way of leveling it up. Looking at you Charmander and Dragonite.

zulux21

i thought their plans about breeding from comic con was that they had no plans to introduce it o.o;

Joni

Went to a tiny little village today. It is two streets big, in the middle of nowhere. But it has three PokéStops, is next to a nuclear power station, an harbor, a chemical sector, and yet half nature. It had three lures and a lot of variety. I caught a whopping 79 Pokémon until I had to leave because I no longer have Pokéballs.

Owari

You look at the "nearby" box, you go "oh these Pokemon are nearby" and then go for a walk and potentially run into one.

I've clocked over 50km with the footsteps being broken and have gained 10ish levels and caught Pokemon with over 1000cp. I've had a bunch of fun without Pokevision or the footsteps working. So I just can't believe this change really ruins the game for most of you here. Like, it's a walking activity rather than a core Pokemon game. Go walk and catch some coincidental Pokemon.
I'm sorry, but this apologist attitude towards a fundamentally broken game really sucks.

Zoon

Haven't been keeping up with the news, did they make it extremely hard to catch pokemon or did I encounter some weird bug?I've tried catching about 20 pokemon but they all flee on the 1st pokeball.(including pokemon that were easy to catch like pidgeys and rattatas) Also, I noticed that sometimes the pokemon get inside the pokeball while doing their animation when they should deflect it.

Edit:Nvm, seems that reinstalling the app fixed it.

You look at the "nearby" box, you go "oh these Pokemon are nearby" and then go for a walk and potentially run into one.

I've clocked over 50km with the footsteps being broken and have gained 10ish levels and caught Pokemon with over 1000cp. I've had a bunch of fun without Pokevision or the footsteps working. So I just can't believe this change really ruins the game for most of you here. Like, it's a walking activity rather than a core Pokemon game. Go walk and catch some coincidental Pokemon.
Because there is a point where you have tons of all of the Pokémon you'll run into coincidentally and more uncommon stuff is only around for a limited time.

I don't play in my neighborhood anymore because I've already caught enough of what is around here. The only time worth playing in my immediate area is if I can spot something more rare on Pokevision or the nearby tab. Without knowing where I'm going there is no way more me to even begin to start tracking.

I still take trips to places on the weekends but when the game first came out I was spending at least an hour a day catching stuff around here. Now I pretty much only play when I can travel somewhere else and catch something I don't see everyday.

Acinixys

I'm sorry, but this apologist attitude towards a fundamentally broken game really sucks.

Yup

Ive been playing for 3 weeks, walked 80+km and have only found 56 different Pokemon

If they dont find a way to add more spawns to small communities/towns and cities this game is going to die for me

Seeing maps of London and New York make me so sad, because it looks amazing to have so many pokemon around all the time. Im lucky if I see 20 on a two hour walk

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You look at the "nearby" box, you go "fuck that it's 90 degrees out" and then you play some Warframe.
The way I see it.

I'm trying not to be reactionary and am open to the notion of the placebo effect, but after the update, I feel as though I am finding far fewer Pokémon and getting much, much fewer eggs from PokéStops.

Places where Pokémon usually spawned frequently in groups seem to be spawning less often and only in singles or pairs. And I used to get an egg like every third PokéStop as long as I had space. Now I have only gotten two in the last 24 hours, and I've been to dozens of stops.

ChrisW

Annoyed they've stopped powersaving mode, my battery went down so fast today from having the screen on in my pocket constantly, plus getting inputs from my leg when I have my phone in my jeans!!

adamy

Banned

No, everyone experiences the exact same mon at any given location (except for those using incense, etc)

Annoyed they've stopped powersaving mode, my battery went down so fast today from having the screen on in my pocket constantly, plus getting inputs from my leg when I have my phone in my jeans!!

This right here. Besides the unresponsive screen bug, it was perfectly fine. And even then all you had to do was reset the game.

Narag

Submitted a refund request for my ios purchases. Before they broke stuff, I was thinking abou throwing them a few bucks every weekend for incubators since I was getting out and having fun with the game.

No, everyone experiences the exact same mon at any given location (except for those using incense, etc)

My understanding is, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Pokémon spawn automatically (and are the same regardless of level), but Pokémon also spawn around trainers, which are relative to trainer levels, but all people can still see these. I absolutely get better and more interesting Pokémon at level 23 than I did before level 20.

adamy

Banned
My understanding is, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Pokémon spawn automatically (and are the same regardless of level), but Pokémon also spawn around trainers, which are relevant to trainer levels, but all people can still see these. I absolutely get better and more interesting Pokémon at level 23 than I did before level 20.

This can't be true given that those using Pokemon scanners can always predict what's gonna spawn, and trainers being around doesn't change that

A trainer being around has no effect on what the scanner shows

Edit: i've never used scanners, but I've read this is how they were pre-patch

If you're saying this is what you believe is happening post patch, then I have no idea

This can't be true given that those using Pokemon scanners can always predict what's gonna spawn around them and others regardless of level

A trainer being around has no effect on what the scanner shows

But I constantly find Pokémon (usually cooler and rarer ones) that suddenly appear in front of me and were never on the online scanners (or radar, for that matter).

Azole

Neo Member

I am in my 20s and my brother is in his teens. Same Pokemon but different CP. Haven't tried it since patch so can't say if anything changed.

Azole

Neo Member
My 654 CP Venomoth took out like 50% HP of a 2046 CP Arcanine. I didn't realize he had such great DPS... Pretty much constant damage, hits literally as fast as I can tap the screen. All my other Pokémon have to wait through the animation for each attack but Venomoth has no delay. I had no idea.

I think power saver features might be the default now. My screen dimmed while the game was active, and when I picked up the phone it brightened again.

Good to know! I have a 1200 CP one just sitting around doing nothing. I'll have to test it out!

Chaos17

Wow reading that is a bit surprising. People really are losing their shit over this, huh?

I think that's understable, Niantic is making 10M per day, yet make no efforts on communication, disable a feature but block websites that compensated the bug.
I mean, we, customers, are not feeling at all these 10M per day being invested into the game so that's normal that people are voting with their wallet.

I think it's time that Niantic changes and don't threat Pokemon GO community same as they did with Ingress because their lack of communication already existed since then from the many testemonies I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom