• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to argue with people who believe the trackers were fine. They're the same people who will say they can wallhack in a FPS because their sound is not working properly.

The whole game's idea is to hit new spots out of curiosity, linking your real life experience with a fun pretext. With internet and just talking to people, you know about the best spots in your area, plus you can always go explore that park you heard about a couple years back, etc.

The violence of their words right now speaks more of their unwillingness to walk or look outside their screen. That's not something you discuss, they'll be stubborn.

Any way to retrieve your account if you forget what your sign-in was? My gf was signed out while it updated and she can't sign in because she can't remember what she used. She's saying she doesn't want to play anymore if she loses her progress.

There's no need to argue with people who believe the trackers were fine. They're the same people who will say they can wallhack in a FPS because their sound is not working properly.

The whole game's idea is to hit new spots out of curiosity, linking your real life experience with a fun pretext. With internet and just talking to people, you know about the best spots in your area, plus you can always go explore that park you heard about a couple years back, etc.

The violence of their words right now speaks more of their unwillingness to walk or look outside their screen. That's not something you discuss, they'll be stubborn.

Wow. This is incredibly condescending. And it's because people want to play a game differently than you. I don't even know what to say to that.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got off early so went down to the beach at 4am and had a decent run got 3 new pokemon
dragonair
cloyster
wigglytuff

now im at 122 caught

Geneijin

I've now heard people say Niantic made it easier to catch Pokémon in the new update, and other people say they made it harder to catch them

maybe the truth is it's still just as random as it was before
I'm pretty confident it's harder. The Zubats especially. I was never on a shortage of Pokeballs until the update. I had my routine down with enough Pokestops intermixed to never had to do a straight supply run. They remove the bonus experience from getting throw bonuses and might have changed the threshold values too. Won't know exactly until a data mine really.

I already only had 2 pokestops within walking distance of me, with them being harder to catch I'm probably done until they fix everything. I've already hit level 20 and it's too much work and gas trying to drive to different locations and walk around in 100+ degree heat to try to fight pidgeys and rattatas.

Geneijin

If you're talking to me, you can either call me out specifically or stop generalizing anybody who thinks that just maybe the essence of the argument was that a functioning tracker is what is wanted and necessary right now. Whether having spawns with direct coordinates is good for the game or not is another discussion entirely (I don't like it myself).

Mandelbo

I hate Weedles
And Pidgeys
And Ratattas

Went on a walk round my local lake today, since the last time I was there I got quite a few new water type pokemon. This was not the case this time. I still got a Nidoran and a Rhyhorn, but *everything* else was one of the above three. I even used two incenses and still no dice!

pringles

You really think stuff like the Pokemon Nearby site a gaffer made is similar to wallhack in FPS games?

I've literally walked close to 200km in PGO. Not all of us live in major cities, there are no 'nests' where I live, there are no major parks where 10 pokestops are lured at all hours of the day, there are no "best spots". Pokevision and Pokemon Nearby didn't take away from exploring, talking to people, walking, and even stumbling upon rare pokemon. I'd almost go so far as to say it's what made it possible. Aimless wandering about hoping to stumble upon something is alright, it's fun with good company, but also frustrating when you can't track down anything.
Spotting something rare in the nearby list, pulling up Pokemon Nearby and seeing that pokemon is 600m away and goes away in 5 minutes, making it there with seconds left on the timer and screaming in joy together with the gf as we capture a Lapras finally? Those moments I will never forget.

cHinzo

Yeah people like 1871 are just disgusting. No need to argue with those kind of people, really. As if there are any best spots in rural areas lol and acting as if people who are using Pokevision are locked onto their screen only.

Fireblend

Banned
I and I bet many others wouldn't be nearly as frustrated with these changes if Niantic was at least a tiny bit vocal about what their intentions are. Their secrecy and obscurity is really weird.

ymgve

I and I bet many others wouldn't be nearly as frustrated with these changes if Niantic was at least a tiny bit vocal about what their intentions are. Their secrecy and obscurity is really weird.

They've spent too much time at Google. Lack of communication is kind of a thing there.

AssaTM

One thing i'm still not 100% sure on, say if I evolve a Pokemon at level 18 and it reaches its max CP for that level, as I level up, I can power it up even further to its new max CP right? it will only eventually stop once I reach a high enough level to hit its max total CP?

I really want a Blastoise but I want to be able to make sure its always my most powerful pokemon by powering it up as I level up as well

so the 3x3 menu DEFINITELY works for nearby pokemon in terms of what's around. I left so they disappear from my screen, came back later to check if they went back on the 3x3 and it did,spawned in the exact same spot where I had seen it. but there is no clear indication of which pokemon on your grid is closer than another, I just know I could have 2 pokemon out of the 9 on my screen at a time, I haven't been able to get a 3rd before one of them is too far away and leaves my screen (they come back when I come back to that spot though). so I guess it's process of elimination of an area?

zeshakag

I have no faith in Niantec to actually care about its users. If they did, something, a single sentence regarding why the integral feature was removed would have come out before the update. A tweet.

Any dev that even cared a little about its consumers would have said something.

So they are going to squeeze a quick twenty bucks out of its users to buy the feature back with the pokewatch and then the game dies.

One thing i'm still not 100% sure on, say if I evolve a Pokemon at level 18 and it reaches its max CP for that level, as I level up, I can power it up even further to its new max CP right? it will only eventually stop once I reach a high enough level to hit its max total CP?

I really want a Blastoise but I want to be able to make sure its always my most powerful pokemon by powering it up as I level up as well
Correct.

ymgve

so the 3x3 menu DEFINITELY works for nearby pokemon in terms of what's around. I left so they disappear from my screen, came back later to check if they went back on the 3x3 and it did,spawned in the exact same spot where I had seen it. but there is no clear indication of which pokemon on your grid is closer than another, I just know I could have 2 pokemon out of the 9 on my screen at a time, I haven't been able to get a 3rd before one of them is too far away and leaves my screen (they come back when I come back to that spot though). so I guess it's process of elimination of an area?

It works, but it's often out of date and totally inconsistent. Two people next to each other can have completely different "Nearby" lists (And I mean different Pokemon, not just the order of them)

I totally agree with this. Unlike a lot of people in that other thread, I actually trust that they're going to have these things fixed and continue to improve the game. But even releasing a simple statement saying that the removal of the 3-Step system is temporary and that we plan to have it fixed soon would have done a lot to do calm some people down.

Permanently A

Just me or do curveballs make capturing much, much easier? I'm getting orange and red difficulty captures on the first try with normal pokeballs just from doing curveballs.

Hieberrr

If they are gonna get rid of trackers, ateast build an in game tracker that revolves around a 5x5 or 7x7 grid or something. Centre Pokemon is within 5 meters, second outer ring is 10 (placement around d you is based on orientation of your phone so you at least know which direction to head in), 20, 30, 50, 70, 100.

Code:
X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X
X X X O X X X
X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X

T.O.P

Banned
Something really weird a on my end, game takes only like 5 seconds to login but when I get to the map nothing appears, it just won't load anything, no problem accessing menus and shop tho

Increasing your level increases the powerup cap for your pokemon. As long as you have the materials (stardust and candy) to keep up, you should be able to maintain your Blastoise.

happened to me with weedle and caterpie..everyone lamenting that they are full of those,while i encountered like 2 or 3 of each since i started playing..meanwhile my town seems a growlithe's den

Oh really? :O

Could be location-related. In North America Rattatas & Pidgeys are pretty much the most common...and Weedles.

Oh I saw them in nearby silhouettes plenty of times just have not gotten them to show up

my servers are down tho

Asmodai48

I agree.

kirby_fox

Banned
Sounds like this latest update has taken a lot of the fun out of the game. Played it last night, and walking around not seeing anyone was boring. Couple that with people cheating in the game and the only gym I tried to battle being poached before I could get anything in twice in a row...people aren't making this fun anymore.

Which I should've expected. It went from trying to catch them all to not caring anymore.

My wife booted up the game today and was prompted to resign in with her Google Account. Upon doing so, she noticed it was doing the intro stuff again. Then it asked her to name her character and she was level 1. Tried restarting the game, the phone, log out/in, nothing worked. She had a level 1 character now. She was level 17. Now have to go through the tech support stuff now.

Yeah I tried to start the game and I think it's the same for me.

Chessr

My wife booted up the game today and was prompted to resign in with her Google Account. Upon doing so, she noticed it was doing the intro stuff again. Then it asked her to name her character and she was level 1. Tried restarting the game, the phone, log out/in, nothing worked. She had a level 1 character now. She was level 17. Now have to go through the tech support stuff now.

Hey my gf game do the same. Try this link and see if it helps

http://www.hypable.com/pokemon-go-account-reset-bug-fix/

Lunar FC

After the update it promted my friend to go through the intro again, but after he finished it he was able to resign in through google. Sucks to hear about your situation, hope you can have it resolved.

JakeD

while we are sharing "last stand" stories...

saw a dratini on my nearby, figured i'd give it one last go by wandering around my neighborhood for 15 minutes. i get outside, app crashes. try to re-open, fails to login 3 or 4 times. considering even if the app opened properly, i would have had a maybe 10% chance of finding it...yeah i think i'm done for a while.

mishakoz

So pokestops work, map loads, but no Pokemon (none in the tracker grid), can't transfer Pokemon either.

Anyone know how to fix this? Doesn't seem like people around me are having this issue. I'm in Venice for the day and would really like to see what's here to catch.

THIS!!! in the past two 1/2 weeks I met some cool people and we have exhanged phone numbers/PSN/FC

pokemon go has not only allowed to visit different aspects my city but I made some news friends as well

hell I lost 14lbs!!!!!

Ok glad it's not just me. I'm level 23 and suddenly my catch rate on trash seems to have dropped to like 40%. Everything runs away now.

Same for most. Just tried to catch a weak rattata on latest update and gave up after it escaped 3 pokeballs before I stopped trying and ran. It's a gigantic waste of time because they are greedy and trying to force people to buy pokeballs.

ymgve

So pokestops work, map loads, but no Pokemon (none in the tracker grid), can't transfer Pokemon either.

Anyone know how to fix this? Doesn't seem like people around me are having this issue. I'm in Venice for the day and would really like to see what's here to catch.

Do you mean that when someone next to you (That are not using incense) see a Pokemon on the map and can catch it, you don't see it? You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I guess.

mishakoz

Do you mean that when someone next to you (That are not using incense) see a Pokemon on the map and can catch it, you don't see it? You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I guess.

Well, people are using/at lures so I have to assume that it might be just me.

I'll wait a bit and give uninstalling a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom