• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 step bug feels real bad. My favourite part of this game is seeing something rare in your area and hunting it down... this just breaks that side of things altogether.

On the upside, I'm well on my way to "owning" my suburb which has 3 gyms in walking distance from my house.

The 3 step bug feels real bad. My favourite part of this game is seeing something rare in your area and hunting it down... this just breaks that side of things altogether.

On the upside, I'm well on my way to "owning" my suburb which has 3 gyms in walking distance from my house.

Just the one pokestop at the end of my neighborhood. Rarest thing I've seen around here appears to be a magikarp, and only with 3 step bug.

Need Help

Anyone else have a Galaxy Note 4?

Just got one, phone is perfect, but when I go to play Pokemon Go, the game loads, but it has that red bar "GPS Signal Not Found" and it will not go away.

Yes, I have gps on, my Google Maps app has no problems, and I even went to Developer mode and turned on "Allow Mock Locations" and still nothing.

Is this a problem with all Note 4's, any work around?

I'm on the Verizon network and have no problems with anything else.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Servers were pretty solid for me tonight after around 8? 3 footprint bug still in effect but I was poppin stops and catchin mons with no real lag for quite a while.

Found my favorite Pokestop picture/description/reality combo so far:
01CB4nt.png
bO9I2pi.jpg

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Need Help

Anyone else have a Galaxy Note 4?

Just got one, phone is perfect, but when I go to play Pokemon Go, the game loads, but it has that red bar "GPS Signal Not Found" and it will not go away.

Yes, I have gps on, my Google Maps app has no problems, and I even went to Developer mode and turned on "Allow Mock Locations" and still nothing.

Is this a problem with all Note 4's, any work around?

I'm on the Verizon network and have no problems with anything else.
Turn that mock locations back to how it was. That makes my phone stop getting a signal, and don't use google maps as your example. Make sure best results is chosen in your gps settings.

Turn that mock locations back to how it was. That makes my phone stop getting a signal, and don't use google maps as your example. Make sure best results is chosen in your gps settings.

I used Best Results to begin with and there was nothing.

Only went to Developer tools because nothing else is working.

What other examples can I use besides Google Maps?

Edit - High Accuracy is my "Best" available setting I can use.

2K eggs suck!

All I get are Weedle, Ratatta, Pidgey, and a Caterpie.

My only 10K eggs hatched a Jynx which was cool.

I hatched a 5K but don't remember what it was but I already had one of it so I released it.

I had two Bulbasuar's pop up on me earlier but had no Pokeballs.

gutshot

Is the sorting by HP busted for any one else? It seems to just sort by CP. Wondering if that is a known bug and if not how can I report it?

Servers were pretty solid for me tonight after around 8? 3 footprint bug still in effect but I was poppin stops and catchin mons with no real lag for quite a while.

Are you playing Pokemon on your watch?

Anyone ever get free lucky eggs? I wanna do some levels, have lure, just need a lucky egg. Scared about droping money during server issues.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone ever get free lucky eggs? I wanna do some levels, have lure, just need a lucky egg. Scared about droping money during server issues.
you get them from leveling at certain levels. there is definitely a most effective way to apply the free ones, at the very least save them until you have a ton of stuff to evolve saved up.

zroid

Banned

LOL amazing

Blues1990

This was my first time playing the app, and aside from missing Vulipx, I got a good haul. Propably the weirdest catch was with a Magikarp that was stuck in a tree. Silly fishy, why are you up there?

gutshot

The gym going to neutral is such bad design. Especially because most times you are using your strongest Pokemon to take the gym so you need to revive or heal them up after you've defeated it before you can put one in there. You're stuck with either having to assign a weaker Pokemon to the gym or just hoping no one takes it while you heal up your Pokemons. It should lock the gym for a couple mins after you've defeated it, giving you plenty of time to place a Pokemon in there.

hirokazu

I still can't believe how ubiquitous this game is. If somebody hasn't played it, they've almost certainly heard of it.

I also love how much this seems to annoy many "hardcore" gamers. The seething anger from some members of this community when it comes to this game has taken me aback a few times.

Really? I'm a hardcore gamer, I love Pokémon. I'm all in on this. I would've thought others would be the same.

The only people I hear disparaging others on the street are drunken youngsters going on a pub crawl on Friday night because they think they're cool about it.

I'm still unsure how I feel about there being certain "nests". Here in Houston people are reporting all sorts of nests. I've been to the Ponyta nest, Psyduck nest, and Lickitung nest. When I get the chance there is also a nearby Electrabuzz nest, Hitmonlee nest, Dratini nest, and surely more.

On one hand it's nice and encourages traveling to parts of the city that you wouldn't usually go. On the other hand, it sorta trivializes the Pokémon.

Acerac

Banned
Well it's also free and on a device most people already own.

Hardly seems like a reason to dislike the game.
Really? I'm a hardcore gamer, I love Pokémon. I'm all in on this. I would've thought others would be the same.

The only people I hear disparaging others on the street are drunken youngsters going on a pub crawl on Friday night because they think they're cool about it.

I would have thought the same, but many replies I've seen in various threads around these boards indicate otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom