• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucumo

I heard that if don't want you home/building to be a Pokestop or gym, you can contact Niantic to delist your location, right? I understand he/her frustration, and I do agree people should not have invaded his/her privacy, but there's a better way to directly deal with the problem, no?

Place some traps?

Generate

Banned
13707583_958475760931717_6827015181728752623_n.jpg

This guy grew up trying to be the mature kid on the block and ended up forgetting what fun is.

Oreoleo

God I hope that sign isn't fake. The irony is too delicious.

"Get a life! Stop socializing and getting exercise and leave me to die a sad and lonely old man! :mad: "

mishakoz

Any good podcasts that cover pokemon go? I currently pretty much only listen to podcasts that cover movies

Easy Allies has Brandon Plays Pokemon. It's about a guy who has never touched a Pokemon game starting with the original Pokemon red and sharing his experience with no outside information.

It's kinda fascinating.

Edit: I read "any good podcasts that cover Pokemon" so oops.

Vidiot

This guy grew up trying to be the mature kid on the block and ended up forgetting what fun is.

IDK, sign shows his sense of humor is fine. Maybe he's just sick of people coming onto his property uninvited. Could have been less condescending about it for sure though.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

I really love Arizona's pokemon diversity, Definitely more fire and ground types than most places (growlithes and sandshrews are fairly common for example) but theres still a good overall mix. Don't have many electric and water types out here, but besides that its not too bad.

God I hope that sign isn't fake. The irony is too delicious.

"Get a life! Stop socializing and getting exercise and leave me to die a sad and lonely old man! :mad: "

It's probably the owner of a building that's got too many complaints about it. Also trying to protect property value.

Ecto311

Any word on interaction with the pebble watch? Googling shows little more than no since they are putting out their own thing eventually.

I can't imagine being in the factory making those Bluetooth pokemon things I am sure they are going nuts considering how insane this game is.

At the mall in Colorado springs today and we seen two old people. Maybe 70 at the youngest walking by the fountain and staring at their phones. I joked they were playing to my wife and sure as shit they walked by and we could see the map on both of their phones.

Lace

I really love Arizona's pokemon diversity, outside of water types we're pretty well covered out here. Don't have many electric and water types out here, but besides that its not too bad.
Any hints where to find Dragonites in Arizona?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Really appreciate that the game does egg distance tracking based on where it thinks you are, rather than the iPhone's built-in step counter or anything more reliable.

A Jynx just hatched while I was writing because my GPS/wifi location keeps wigging out. :D

Oreoleo

It's probably the owner of a building that's got too many complaints about it. Also trying to protect property value.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, I can sympathize with someone frustrated with trespassing. But a letter like that is just asking for trouble. Some kid with a chip on his shoulder reads that and thinks, "Oh yeah? Well I'll show him!" The tone is so patronizing. Respect people and they'll respect you back. Edit: I did sort of gloss over the "tenants of the building" part though. Maybe calling him a lonely old man was a little out of line D:

Is this a 7 minute long video that boils down to, "Name it Rainer, Pyro or Sparky" ?? If so, yes.

Crazyorloco

In new york city you will not take over a gym for more than 15 minutes.

I took over a gym today! Yay! Took me about 20 minutes because I have weaker pokemon. ...within 5 mins of my dominion I saw someone taking it over. I ran back to that gym and took it over...

I walked down the block so proud of what I did....and then I noticed someone new took over my gym lol I didn't run back to the gym because people were sitting in front their homes and would probably think i'm some crazy person running up and down the block.

jwhit28

Too bad you can't force eggs. Say you turn in Magikarp x10, you get a Magikarp egg. Maybe they can add a daycare item to sacrifice Pokemon to for an egg.

Oreoleo

Huh? Anything over 5kmph doesn't count...not sure where the hell you got 15mph from

TBQH, you're literally the first person I've seen say the limit is 5mph. Most people have been saying it's 15-20mph.

Edit: And now this is the first time I've seen 12mph! Make up your minds!

A'ight, so I'm a little confused at how CP works.

So, I love Butterfree. Always has been one of my favorite Pokemon. So I'm gonna make one of my best Pokemon a Butterfree.

This little love is my first Butterfree yet! But... he's really... really... weak. :(

Am I fucked trying to get him to CP 1500? Like is there realistically no chance of my buddy getting past CP 800, since the bar is "60%" full already at CP 354? Do I actually have to just capture and evolved another stronger Caterpie? I don't wanna give up on my Butterfree. :c

So Vaporean+Water gun=Destroy everything in gym battles. You don't even need to use a secondary attack. Her CP scales as high as everything but Snorlax and water gun is fast and powerful and pretty much annihilates everything.

Here is a good link.

ramyeon

A'ight, so I'm a little confused at how CP works.

So, I love Butterfree. Always has been one of my favorite Pokemon. So I'm gonna make one of my best Pokemon a Butterfree.

This little love is my first Butterfree yet! But... he's really... really... weak. :(

Am I fucked trying to get him to CP 1500? Like is there realistically no chance of my buddy getting past CP 800, since the bar is "60%" full already at CP 354? Do I actually have to just capture and evolved another stronger Caterpie? I don't wanna give up on my Butterfree. :c
The CP limit is tied to your trainer level. Every Pokemon will hit a limit that will increase every time you go up in trainer level.

I got some bad news for ya bud :(

At your current trainer level I think you'd be lucky to get ANY Butterfree to 700, from the looks of it.

The CP limit is tied to your trainer level. Every Pokemon will hit a limit that will increase every time you go up in trainer level.

That's what worries me, because his CP bar is already 60% full, and he's already so much weaker than my other hitters. :(

Cnn0MoJVYAEXtcL.jpg:large

So it seems like it's legitimately impossible for my Butterfree to ever catch up to my big guys? Regardless, while my Arcanine maxes at 2000, my Butterfree maxes at 800? :/

adamy

Banned
So Vaporean+Water gun=Destroy everything in gym battles. You don't even need to use a secondary attack. Her CP scales as high as everything but Snorlax and water gun is fast and powerful and pretty much annihilates everything.

Here is a good link.

Funny you post this, 1700cp vap and have noticed I do best when I stick with watergun

His attack speed is insane too

Starviper

Lost 5 Kg over the last week because of this game lol.

Pokemon Go |OT3| Level you up!

Dude isn't that crazy? I played like crazy right when it came out - had 3 days off in a row. Just stepped on a scale today and i'm down to 154lbs, figured I was around 160+

Funny you post this, 1700cp vap and have noticed I do best when I stick with watergun

His attack speed is insane too

Insanely fast insanely powerful with super high CP. Probably the best gym taker in the game. Holding the gym is a different story. I heard psychic pokemon moves might be better for that? O just something with a ton of health.

adamy

Banned
Insanely fast insanely powerful with super high CP. Probably the best gym taker in the game. Holding the gym is a different story. I heard psychic pokemon moves might be better for that? O just something with a ton of health.

Higher cp jolteons and electrobuzz give him issues, but they're rare. And I try to get other people in the gym who have a strength against electric type

Also a 1900cp snorlax wrecked me yesterday

Atram

Dude isn't that crazy? I played like crazy right when it came out - had 3 days off in a row. Just stepped on a scale today and i'm down to 154lbs, figured I was around 160+

It's the first time since what, maybe 15 years that I am at my weight when I was 18 xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom