• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

after tweaking the back-end, my mobile browser finder is cranking at about 1 good scan per 10 seconds and no empty scans. https://pokemonnearby.io/ ... one and done scan
or https://pokemonnearby.io/test.html ... walking version that updates footprints and distances as you walk.

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

: end of post that can't be seen by non gaf members.

h2H6IJq.png

The asterisks indicate rarity from statistics of 10,000+ spawns collected over random locations. The more stars the less frequently that pokemon is seen. All but the legendaries spawn, just some very infrequently.

Reposting this, because it seems it's still working, quote the post to see password (in email tag)

okay......I got my data back.....I was about to be the 2nd man crying about pokemon over snapchat

I was freaking about this a few days ago too. Turns out I had a second account of gmail that I didn't know about, so I had to use the drop down menu when signing into google and pick the right one. Granted you're using google account like I am.

Hope that helps.

this was my problem lol! I had to gmail accoints and the game logged me in via me secondary and not my primary one

specdot

YOOOOOOO!!! i STARTED THE GAME UP AND i'M GOT THE INTRO AND i'M A FUCKIN LVL 1!?!?!?!?!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!
Same thing happened to me. Sign out and sign in again on the account associated with your game. I have 2 gmail accounts so it pulled the account that I was not using for Pokémon GO for some reason. I signed in with the proper gmail account and I was good to go. Hope this helps.

Edit:beaten.

One thing I think I have noticed since the update is that I am tending to get a lot more lower CP Pokémon compared to before the update. Don’t get me wrong I would get low CP ones before but it feels like I have got a lot more sub 20 CP mon since the patch.

What do mean tweaked stops too?

Eh? That's how it has always been. Some people here blame everything on the update even though it's always been like that just because they pay much more attention now.

If it's sarcasm nest time put "/s" because that's what I always got from the start.

No sarcasm from me. I frequent a couple stops on my morning walk. Never have I had the drop rate be a consistent number. Especially not something as low as three. Felt like something was off, as this is not the norm for me, so I posted it.

guek

Banned
No sarcasm from me. I frequent a couple stops on my morning walk. Never have I had the drop rate be a consistent number. Especially not something as low as three. Felt like something was off, as this is not the norm for me, so I posted it.

I wish I had your luck. I've always gotten 3-4 items with an occasional 5-6 much more rarely

Geneijin

Eh? That's how it has always been. Some people here blame everything on the update even though it's always been like that just because they pay much more attention now.
I have a 700 item inventory, so I'm pretty certain about how much more my item usage has gone up. Now whether the update is causation or not is entirely up to speculation, but you guys acting like we're just hyper aware now because of the tracker removal like we haven't been playing the game for a few hours everyday...

As for stops, nothing has changed personally.

3 has always been the most common amount of items since launch for me. I mean it is kinda 60/40 between 3 and 4, but majority is 3.

One thing I think I have noticed since the update is that I am tending to get a lot more lower CP Pokémon compared to before the update. Don’t get me wrong I would get low CP ones before but it feels like I have got a lot more sub 20 CP mon since the patch.

Yeah feels the same indeed. Before it seemed that 50%+ of my catch were 'my level' (I am 25, so let's say a 300-400CP pidgeys for instance), when now it feels evenly spread out from 10CP to max CP...

At the end of the day, I quite like it 90% of the time, as lower CP 'ultra common' pokemon are still my main source of XP through evolving, but when it comes to rarer pokemons, it's clearly not helping...

I mean: pokemon harder to catch, and fleeing more than before / less 'max cp for your level' catch in the wild / less 'powerful pokemon' nests / making pokevision impossible to use / simplifying tracking to minimum ... All the balancing seems to go in one direction which is 'let's make it harder'. I understand what motivates this, and I can see where the system got 'broken', but those are still 'lazy' game design choices IMO. And it widens the gap between the 'lucky early grinders' who already have a few 2kCP beasts in their deck and... the rest (including me :D).

pringles

Those drops look about on par with what me and the people I've played with have had from the start. 3-4 items per stop is normal. 5-6 happens every now and then and in rare cases the stop will spit out a whole bunch of items.

So i read that people have figured out if you request a refund on apple store or play store - on the grounds that your IAP was before functions were unexpectedly removed - you can get it.
Not sure for how long they will put up with the stream of refund requests but if you've spent a lot and feel like the ship sank with your money that might be something to request.

Was it because of the items? Its completly random just like it always was...some people...

no, I definitely have much more pokeballs. I live in a big ass city so it's way more noticeable. I had fought a few gyms so I ended up running low on potions...well, they never really replenished. ended up with like 450/500 items being balls and berries. other stuff was like revives and shit

Inviusx

Not sure if they have changed anything relating to lures but I just got a machop, kadabra, haunter, electabuzz, ryhorn & Venasaur within about 15mins.

Not sure if they have changed anything relating to lures but I just got a machop, kadabra, haunter, electabuzz, ryhorn & Venasaur within about 15mins.

Man I'm jelly
Yesteday I put a lure into my homes' pokestop. What a waste. Only thing I got was a bad Tentacool. Everything else was Spearow, Pidgey and Rattata.
But some of my neighbours also put in lures during the day and I got some other nice things. But nothing too special.
But there was a Hitmonlee wich was cool.
Btw. it was raining all day because otherwise there aren't any lures in my house haha.

WedgeX

Banned
Am I right in thinking PokeStops with Lures perform better when there's more users around?

My brother and I have noticed this in general about the game this past weekend. We normally each play solo but I'm back in town at present. We've had a greater diversity and higher level of Pokemon occur while we've been hanging out.

GulAtiCa

Had a good time this morning. A Bulbasour, Gastly & an Oddish appeared in my neighborhood!

I need more Super & Hyper Potions. I will likely need to take a break from gym stuff for a little bit until I get more. Luckily at very least I put in 2 pokemon at gyms that are high level and will cement me there for a while. I collected 4 today. 3 yesterday and 2 on Saturday.

I'm lucky to ever get 4 or more of anything. I've gotten a ton of 2 item stops too. 3 is the average norm

dity

I'm lucky to ever get 4 or more of anything. I've gotten a ton of 2 item stops too. 3 is the average norm
I mostly get three things as well, even before the update. Sometimes I get a good haul, but usually 3.

A 26CP Weedle just broke out of a Great Ball and ran away after one attempt. Something's definitely up.

That happens to my partner if we're travelling fast and she's trying to catch stuff. They just instantly run after one throw.

I've had it happen before the update on occasion as well. I think it's just bad RNG.

GulAtiCa

Also. My egg randomly hatched today in my car. Before I left was at 2.6km/5km and then hatched way too soon. Even my new egg I put into an incubator is now 1.4km. Seems the update may have made hatching eggs easier.

Inviusx

Also. My egg randomly hatched today in my car. Before I left was at 2.6km/5km and then hatched way too soon. Even my new egg I put into an incubator is now 1.4km. Seems the update may have made hatching eggs easier.

Definitely noticed this as well. Maybe the top speed threshold has been increased.

Geneijin

Not much of a problem for me tbh.

Caught these, they took nowhere near 7 balls to catch. Only a rando Caterpie that spawned later and a Pidgey earlier ran away.

I lol'd at the Rattata down there in the Nearby.
You missed my point entirely. You said a good portion of gaining experience points are from hatching, Pokestops, and evolving, but you need Pokemon at your disposal to exploit evolution farming, which you need to catch. I never said anything about difficulty in that post. Just that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

dity

It's taking me around 1-3 balls to catch commons. Usually two throws. If it was 7+ I'd have run out of balls already today I think.

You missed my point entirely. You said a good portion of gaining experience points are from hatching, Pokestops, and evolving, but you need Pokemon at your disposal to exploit evolution farming, which you need to catch. I never said anything about difficulty in that post. Just that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Well, you could be catching Pokemon that don't evolve or need 25-50-100 candies to evolve. If you're passing on commons or just not getting ones that evolve within 12 candies you will end up levelling a lot slower.

I feel bad for the person that has basically been only able to catch Pinsir. Levelling would be so slow.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Just had a Pokemon Go update and they've removed the location map from the Pokemon details screen (instead of fixing it).

DOH.

GulAtiCa

No, they did not nerf stops. I'm still getting pretty decent items today and yesterday. At several times did I get 5 and beyond per stop.

Managed to hit level 22 today after a week-long grind, culminating in seven eggs hatching simaltaneously with a Lucky Egg on the go.

My grind was rewarded with a Chansey and Lapras, but I doubt I'll be doing too many more of these setups in future. Especially as the XP I need for each level is becoming insurmountable and new Pokemon are few and far between.

taybul

Why should it be in there as long as its not fixed?
New players will be like wtf is this

This was basically me. I was a little LTTP and the tracker never showed fewer than 3 steps for anything when I first started. I wandered around a damn parking lot watching/hoping a Pikachu shadow would move positions in the list and I had no idea how to do it otherwise.

deanote666

I just ran the gaf scanner, Nothing but the common junk around me as I mentioned before...

Town I live in has a pop around 16-19k so I don't know if it is "rural" or not but we need more variety over here!

I think the last update removed the "grass rustling" animation too...

gutshot

Removing the battery saver feature has really killed my interest in this game. To be honest, it was already waning due to hitting the soft cap and the fact that I've caught all but the rarest of Pokemons. But I would still keep the app running and in my pocket with battery saver on to hatch eggs and occasionally check what spawned when I got the vibration. Now I can't even do that.

Fairly disappointing that the game has been out for nearly a month and it actually has LESS features now than it did at launch.

dity

Removing the battery saver feature has really killed my interest in this game. To be honest, it was already waning due to hitting the soft cap and the fact that I've caught all but the rarest of Pokemons. But I would still keep the app running and in my pocket with battery saver on to hatch eggs and occasionally check what spawned when I got the vibration. Now I can't even do that.

Fairly disappointing that the game has been out for nearly a month and it actually has LESS features now than it did at launch.
The app screen auto-dims by default after a period of no input, or it might be using the phone's sensors or something. Either way it dims at some point even without the battery saver mode.

gutshot

I had the game running on my 30-min drive in to work this morning and it never dimmed. Or if it did, it only dimmed the brightness a bit but it did not deactivate the screen, meaning if I put the phone in my pocket it would start randomly pressing buttons.

georly

Man this patch bums me out. I kinda don't wanna play anymore. Killing off 3rd party pokemon radar apps makes this game hard to justify playing now. If I can't seek out pokemon I don't have then there's really very little point to playing outside of leveling my dude and collecting coins from gyms. The main draw is gone until they patch in a solution to finding pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom