• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be sure whether Pokemon are really harder to catch or if it's just bias after reading many others say so online. At level 21 stuff is getting harder to catch in general, but that was the case before this update anyway.

I will say Pokemon do their attacks (or whatever you want to call what makes then invulnerable to Pokeballs for a couple seconds) much more frequently.

Although as others have said, it's stupid that they get harder to catch as you level up. That shouldn't be the case at all, it should become easier.

I'm still not positive it actually gets harder at a higher levels, but I really don't know.

Whatever the algorithm is though, it's not ideal. The catch rate should be relative to the ratio between the player's level an a Pokémon's level, with a very steep increase in rate the higher the ratio tips towards the player. While there may in fact be a relationship, I feel like the difference between high and low level Pokémon isn't that much - I've caught many high-level Pokémon in a toss or two, and have had low level Pokémon escape 10 plus balls, and neither seems like isolated enough occurrences to be coincidence. I also thing run rates need to be adjusted, so that the likelihood of running is inverse to the level. So a high level Pokémon will almost never run, but like, a 10 CP Pidgey may run after a couple balls.

We should get more than 1 candy when trading high CP Pokémon. 500cp and above should be worth 2 candies.

At the very least, evolutions should give more, that's for sure. Maybe 1 extra candy for each evolution. Or maybe even 1 for base, 2 for second of a three Pokémon family, 3 for second of a two Pokémon family, and 4 for third of a three Pokémon family.

mishakoz

So it's not definitive but apparently Venice, Italy is a deadzone for Pokemon despite the huge number or Pokestops and gyms.

So yeah, one more tick against Niantic

I just wasted my last Pokeball on a relatively low (230 CP) level Pidgey.

Used a Razz Berry. Hit when the circle got small.

All I have left are 7 Ultra Balls. I'm so sick of sinking money into this game replenishing Pokeballs because I waste most of them on Pidgeys and Ratatas (and Pokestops never give enough).

Edit: *sigh* I just bought more anyway. :;(

dity

The game just got a minor update on iOS: v1.1.1. In-game version 0.31.1.

- Performance improvement in Pokemon details and list screens
- Correct link for app upgrade

What does the second one mean?

Joni

So it's not definitive but apparently Venice, Italy is a deadzone for Pokemon despite the huge number or Pokestops and gyms.

So you need roads to generate Pokémon? That would explain why forests have so little Pokémon.

mishakoz

So you need roads to generate Pokémon? That would explain why forests have so little Pokémon.

No it's clearly something wrong with the algorithm of the game. There are roads here and plenty of pokestops and gyms, and lots of foot traffic, but for whatever reason the entire island has no spawns. I'm told lures will still generate Pokemon but I was next to one yesterday and nothing came up.

So yeah. Super bummed.

Rome is full of them,
but I see active lures but no spawns in Venice.
Perhaps they are concerned people will fall into the canals?

Joni

No it's clearly something wrong with the algorithm of the game. There are roads here and plenty of pokestops and gyms, and lots of foot traffic, but for whatever reason the entire island has no spawns. I'm told lures will still generate Pokemon but I was next to one yesterday and nothing came up.

So yeah. Super bummed.

They have a different basis: gyms and stops are based on Ingress landmarks which seem to be user-sourced, but spawn points are based on something else, seemingly XM concentrations from Ingress which are independent from the Gyms/Stops. If that got messed up, there are no spawns.

Zafir

I can't be sure whether Pokemon are really harder to catch or if it's just bias after reading many others say so online. At level 21 stuff is getting harder to catch in general, but that was the case before this update anyway.

I will say Pokemon do their attacks (or whatever you want to call what makes then invulnerable to Pokeballs for a couple seconds) much more frequently.

Although as others have said, it's stupid that they get harder to catch as you level up. That shouldn't be the case at all, it should become easier.

I went out a bit yesterday, and I felt they were breaking out more. That said they were already breaking pre-patch, so it could be my imagination.

EIther way as you say it's ridiculous that this happens, in the original Pokemon games they get easier, not harder...

(I'm level 20 for reference)

Can you delete eggs?

I just got three unwanted 2K eggs and I want to make room for potential 10K eggs, but can't see a way of deleting them without incubating them?

J-Roderton

Just hit a cp140 Pidgey with 8 straight pokeballs. Popped out each time and ran off after the 9th throw...

And now basically the exact same thing happened with an Eevee. No pokeballs for me at work today it seems.

Is top left of the tracker still the closest? Or do we still have 0 idea WTF is going on?

Tracker is completely fucked.

Currently shows this:

a5VHhlg.png

When what actually shows is this:

The Weedle isn't even on the tracker lol

PSFan

Tracker is completely fucked.

Currently shows this:

When what actually shows is this:

It really is. I was out with my brother yesterday. I had updated and he didn't and our trackers were completely different. His was showing a Wartortle shadow, which hasn't even been seen in our neighborhood. Everything on my tracker was completely different. I don't think either one was correct honestly.

Yesterday I went out walking for an hour, there were three Onix silhouettes on my tracker the whole time but not a single one showed up. So frustrating.

Razmos

First time going out since the update.

Pokemon are definitely attacking and jumping way more often, it's annoying.
Pokemon are breaking out way easier. Before catching Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow and Weedle would take around 1-2 pokeballs, each one today took about 3-5 each and they are were all pretty low level.
The tracker is bullshit and makes no sense. A Cloyster showed up that wasn't on the list at all
Took me forever to get any eggs from pokestops
Experience quite a bit more crashing
Catching pokemon just generally feels slower and more frustrating due to the pokemon jumping and attacking more often, breaking out more often (and the breaking out animation now being much slower) and how slow it is to start up.

They really took a lot of fun out of it

Niantic really need to fix the gyms.
I've beaten 4 gyms now (several multiple times as well) and each and every time I do it some opportunist comes by from a rival team and adds their Pokemon into the gym before I even get a chance to heal.

it's such bullshit when you beat a gym and someone steals your gym before you even get a chance to put one in.

the person who beats it should get 3 minutes to put a pokemon in at least.

Are there any sites that show potential nest sites, or a crude alternative to PokeVision?

I believe The Silph Road has a nest map built on user-input, but you need to log in via Reddit and they're only giving access in batches or something. I checked it out just long enough to know I couldn't use it right away, lol

dity

They just cranked the monetization up the wazoo. You need more balls, you exp slower and can't find rare pokemon without luck anymore.

Hold up though. I know it's a bummer that the nice/great/excellent bonus isn't there anymore (thought it was a cool reward myself), but it was a piddly amount of experience in the context of needing 20,000 to level up.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah i'm out

Saw a warturtle again in the tracker, went to look for it, nothin, reboot app, all 9 rows are now empty

Third time that this happens

Hold up though. I know it's a bummer that the nice/great/excellent bonus isn't there anymore (thought it was a cool reward myself), but it was a piddly amount of experience in the context of needing 20,000 to level up.

Well, if catching takes longer due to longer animations, more break-outs, and more frequent dodges and attacks, and also fails more often due to Pokémon being more likely to flee, then that would also mean XP is gained slower as well because of that.

Maximus P

The latest reviews on the play store are sight to behold.

I really dont understand why they cant release a short tweet explaining to their fans why they are making changes, or what they plan on doing to fix problems with the game.

I really dont understand why they cant release a short tweet explaining to their fans why they are making changes, or what they plan on doing to fix problems with the game.

Seriously. It's shocking they still don't have a social media team, but even still. Get Bill from accounting to shit a couple Tweets out, something.

A lack of social media presence/customer communication is literally one of the biggest sins a business can make, all the way down to the tiniest ones. And it's more crucial here than it is for most. Regular communication goes far.

Kinokou

I've temporarily found a way to get
https://pokemonnearby.io/nearby.html
working again.

no guarantees at all, if you start getting issues with errors or "too busy" etc it is just because too many people are using it at one time, and I'll pull it again. (edit: don't trust the E/W bearings I think they are reversed).

You are a hero, I'll allocate some time later today to work on a local spawn point map as the game feels pretty barren around my home. I figure if I know where things spawn I might be more motivated to get out around there rather than always commuting to the city center.

dity

Well, if catching takes longer due to longer animations, more break-outs, and more frequent dodges and attacks, and also fails more often due to Pokémon being more likely to flee, then that would also mean XP is gained slower as well because of that.

But you can still hatch eggs, hit Pokestops and evolve Pokemon - which is where the chunk of experience comes from.

20,000XP is like, 200 Pokemon. I'm almost level 19 now and I've caught just over 500 Pokemon total, so I don't think that catching is the majority of levels specifically.

Pokemonnearby.io seems to be still (or sometimes) working, I think someone on GAF is working on it, but I cant remember the name...

Anyway i dont mind the tracker not working, I enjoy walking around outside :)

Geneijin

But you can still hatch eggs, hit Pokestops and evolve Pokemon - which is where the chunk of experience comes from.

20,000XP is like, 200 Pokemon. I'm almost level 19 now and I've caught just over 500 Pokemon total, so I don't think that catching is the majority of levels specifically.
You need to catch Pokemon before you have Pokemon to evolve though.

Sh0k

The radar is frustrating, saw a couple of new pokemons while walking with my kid around my neighborhood in the tracker, spent around 20 mins each time going back and forth until the pokemons dissapeared. Both times the new pokemons were in the top left corner of the tracker :(

Joni

Went to local park again, caught 10 Drowzee again along with 9 other fodder and a Mankey. There were a lot less people than last week.

Grazzt

With all those critics and negative responses, I'm really surprised that Niantic can still remain silent.

J-Roderton

YOOOOOOO!!! i STARTED THE GAME UP AND i'M GOT THE INTRO AND i'M A FUCKIN LVL 1!?!?!?!?!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

I was freaking about this a few days ago too. Turns out I had a second account of gmail that I didn't know about, so I had to use the drop down menu when signing into google and pick the right one. Granted you're using google account like I am.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom