• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahepi

This is getting ridiculous, i have not caught any new pokemon for 4 days in a row, most of them are from eggs, i am full of zubats, pidgeots, rattatas and paras.

Any website able to show when a team took over a gym? One gym near me has been Mystic for what feels like 2 weeks now, be curious to see when they actually took it over

chunk3rvd

I started spending at Level 19- by then I had 60k. I'm now level 21 and I'm down to 30k after spunking it on Snorlax and Laprases with 70-80% IVs

Save it brah, you'll need it. It is the limiting factor.

But I have a 93.3% Staryu and 50-odd Staryu candies. I figured I should just evolve it now and if it has decent moves afterwards, I can start powering it up straight away? Or am I better waiting for Pokemon with even higher IV's?

Toki767

But I have a 93.3% Staryu and 50-odd Staryu candies. I figured I should just evolve it now and if it has decent moves afterwards, I can start powering it up straight away? Or am I better waiting for Pokemon with even higher IV's?

That's good enough.

Though honestly, Starmie isn't anything special in this game like it is in the actual games.

adamy

Banned
Yep. I'm at the stage where 5s are useless for me since most things in them I've already evolved.

2s are quick and they give starters, which tend to flee a lot in the wild.

10s are usually pretty powerful.
5s are good for high IV perfection

That's how I got my perfect Nidoking

Geneijin

Just power through all the lower-km eggs. It's very likely they were picked up when you were low level
but I still do get 2 km eggs even now at 22
. I bought a bunch of incubators for this purpose and now mostly have 5-10 km ones. I'm looking forward to hatching those because I got a Porygon and a Lapras from the last two that were fairly low-level loot.
You wasted purchased Incubators on 2 km eggs D: ?

Geneijin

I read people say this but when you constantly have 9 eggs...are you supposed to let the 2s sit there taking up space or something? I don't get the logic.
You use your unlimited use Incubator on the 2 km eggs, and your purchased ones on the bigger ones since they require more time to hatch. 2 km eggs are just so easy to hatch that it's just wasted money considering how fast they hatch honestly.

Toki767

My catch rate according to Pokeadvisor is like 85% or something. Which I feel is fair.

Maybe Niantic wants everyone at 50% or so.

3phemeral

You wasted purchased Incubators on 2 km eggs D: ?

Why not? They get 3 uses per incubator so there's plenty of use left for all the non-2-km eggs leftover. Plus, the game was working as expected at the time (first release), so I was happy to spend money on it. I also got 3 backpack and 2 Pokemon inventory upgrades.

krae_man

Took me about an hour and a half today walking between 8 pokestops to replenish my ball inventory after the update made them all suck.

Now as long as I give up on all pokemon after throw 2 or 3 unless it's a pokemon I don't have or has candy I need I manage to more or less maintain my ball count.

I have two pokestops in reach of my desk so I should be good during the week.

Managed to catch or evolve 5 new pokemon today. That's about what I've been averaging on days where I play hard. That feels like decent progress. I'm only up to about 60 or so.

InfernoNR

Anyone know the likelihood of getting a team change through a support ticket? I didn't realize my friend were on team mystic and I'm a pretty low level yet. Hoping someone from support has mercy on me.

EL CUCO

I truly truly hate this game's tracker. Not only because it's useless, but it lies.

Twice it had a Snorlax and once a Scyther that wasn't scanning on Pokemonnearby. I still searched and searched till it pissed me off lol

Haven't been able to get in for the past few hours. Annoying, not sure if it's PTC in NA having issues or what. Site says the game is up but nothing....keep getting "unable to authenticate"

Pineconn

I truly truly hate this game's tracker. Not only because it's useless, but it lies.

Twice it had a Snorlax and once a Scyther that wasn't scanning on Pokemonnearby. I still searched and searched till it pissed me off lol

That website isn't 100%. For example, a minute ago there was a Bulbasaur near me (that I found and caught easily) that didn't appear on that site.

That website isn't 100%. For example, a minute ago there was a Bulbasaur near me (that I found and caught easily) that didn't appear on that site.

Since Niantic changed the trigger radius to a smaller distance, there are some gaps in the search coverage.
I could fix it, but most searches return between 10 and 40(!) pokemon currently, so I figured it wasn't a big deal. Fixing it either shrinks the radius down from where it is now, or makes it slower and therefore allows less simultaneous users, or abuses their servers more than currently and probably hastens its demise.

Pidgey - Seen: 234 / Caught: 186
Rattata - Seen: 154 / Caught: 128
Weedle - Seen: 83 / Caught: 74

...and yet still not one single Growlithe :'(

Getting bored of the game now, haven't played much since Friday. I think I'm free.

piggychan

What is your leveling method right now? Evolving a shit-ton of pidgey's? I'm looking at the road ahead for 25+ and it's frightening.

That's my plan..
and also finding a place like below that has a decent amount of poke stops in a few short steps of each other and you can sit somewhere inbetween them all without moving for a while and using lure modules, lucky eggs and evolving pokemons.
98B8386C-C6E9-482B-A9CA-DFC7255557F8.png

finally got my first pikachu

....took 7 razz'd ultra balls to get a 450 one

i think i'm done until they patch this. it's impossible to play unless you camp out at a stop haven.

The fuck? Here's a new one:

My girlfriend sees a Krabby on the map. She clicks it, starts the encounter. It's a Krabby. She catches the Krabby. She gets the post-catch info screen... And it's an Eevee. What?

Lukemon

To be fair, Pikachu took a lot of ultra balls even before the latest update.

Circumstantial. Mine went in the first Poke Ball without even seeing a berry. I've seen nothing post-update to suggest that catch rates have changed - RNG is still RNG.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Circumstantial. Mine went in the first Poke Ball without even seeing a berry. I've seen nothing post-update to suggest that catch rates have changed - RNG is still RNG.

Yes, the RNG of

"Will it get caught on the first throw"

or

"Will it break out 4-5 times and then run away"

If you're Level 20+ and don't feel catch mechanics are different, I dunno what to tell ya.

Lukemon

Yes, the RNG of

"Will it get caught on the first throw"

or

"Will it break out 4-5 times and then run away"

If you're Level 20+ and don't feel catch mechanics are different, I dunno what to tell ya.

22, and not noticed any difference in catch rates. Run away on catch fail seems marginally more common but probably 80% of catches today have been one ball... *shrug*

Geneijin

I know if won't happen, but kinda wish I can prioritize what Pokestops would give me. Like either Anything, Potions, Balls or Revives/etc. Currently, I only have 3 potions, 2 super potions and 1 hyper potion. I really need a lot of potions currently.

Be nice if Pokemon recover HP over time slowly.
You know that would be the greatest game addition (besides returning tracking) ever. You can still get a random number of items, but you can choose what type of items to get with a chance to get better quality items. Won't ever happen with microtransactions though :(

22, and not noticed any difference in catch rates. Run away on catch fail seems marginally more common but probably 80% of catches today have been one ball... *shrug*

are u on android. i've heard that the newest update has hit IOS users with a lower catch rate, and android users haven't noticed much. i'm on IOS and it's really obvious to me

M.J. Doja

Banned

Today I can cosign your experience. I noticed a lot of one ball catches too, but then a few low CP commons broke out repeatedly and ran away sometimes.. and factor in the increased attack rate and altered distances. It just SEEMS like catch rates have been changed.

I know for sure I'm struggling with more Ekans and Zubat than I've ever cared to. I've begun to abandon more catch attempts than ever before, because as others have said, I feel like it's a waste of resources. Shame, since that's pretty much the game for me these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom