• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Psyduck, only for it to run away after breaking from first ball.

Ugh.

I found my new favorite place to farm items

Screenshot_20160801_135718.png

all those in a 1/8th mile radius. the cool downs aren't even close to done as I walk around.

and it just so happens to also be a psyduck nest ><

Only really useful if you already caught a higher CP one though and want candy. They'll all probably be pretty low in power in a 2km egg.

Low(ish) in power but good IVs. I've had 1 squirtle from a 2km egg and since then I've collected 90 candy on the road to evolving it into blastoise, and none of those I have caught have had an IV anywhere close to the one I hatched.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Only really useful if you already caught a higher CP one though and want candy. They'll all probably be pretty low in power in a 2km egg.

the power of pokemon you get from eggs depends on your level, not the size of the egg. your best bet to get a good starter is from an egg, particularly if you want good ivs.

dity

Low(ish) in power but good IVs. I've had 1 squirtle from a 2km egg and since then I've collected 90 candy on the road to evolving it into blastoise, and none of those I have caught have had an IV anywhere close to the one I hatched.

You can see your Pokemon's IV? What website lets you do that?

the power of pokemon you get from eggs depends on your level, not the size of the egg. your best bet to get a good starter is from an egg, particularly if you want good ivs.

Really? Didn't know that.

3phemeral

Just had a strange thing happen. Didn't think to take a screen shot, but when I was looking at my eggs - I think one may have actually hit the distance to hatch - it came up with a message that said something along the lines of: eggs like butter and you should give the egg butter for it to grow/hatch.

It displayed the egg and said 7/10km although it should have been 7.8km. It also had the button to incubate the egg even though it was already incubated.

This happened for all eggs that were incubated and said 7/10km regardless of the egg type. I exited the menu and then an egg hatched. When I went back in and it was normal again.

Is there any reference to butter in any of the other games? Seems odd to me.

I want to say someone took a screenshot of this and posted it in the first thread.

dity

There's many way to calculate it, just google silphroad pokemongo iv calculator.

But also pokeadvisor can give you the exact IVs pulled from the app's API.

The Silphroad calculator is pretty damn cool. Although they admit IVs aren't as important in this game, lol.

cHinzo

Lol people using IV checkers like the Silph Road calculators and Pokeadvisor. Real purists like me would have evolved and powered everything up and compare their stats with each other to see which Pokemon has the better IVs. Why would you look it up online? It's hidden for a reason, so it's not suppose to get found out by just using a website.

/s

Firemind

Lol people using IV checkers like the Silph Road calculators and Pokeadvisor. Real purists like me would have evolved and powered everything up and compare their stats with each other to see which Pokemon has the better IVs. Why would you look it up online? It's hidden for a reason, so it's not suppose to get found out by just using a website.
because stardust is limited?

3phemeral

Bummer. I have 2km eggs from before the update but got no idea what level I got them.

Just power through all the lower-km eggs. It's very likely they were picked up when you were low level
but I still do get 2 km eggs even now at 22
. I bought a bunch of incubators for this purpose and now mostly have 5-10 km ones. I'm looking forward to hatching those because I got a Porygon and a Lapras from the last two that were fairly low-level loot.

Hycran

Banned

No one is talking to "Real Purists" like you. The only stat you can check is HP, so how you would elect to check our their stats beyond this is beyond me. Some people like to min-max, and some people like myself just like to know as a general going concern. If that separates me from a purist like you, I'm glad to be so distinguished.

dity

it's a simple thing to fix.

once your infinite incubator is free, just start sticking them in there and go for a long walk.

Well yeah lol. Next time I get paid I might buy a bunch of incubators and hatch them all at once. That'll be cool to have them all hatch at once.

Having difficulty understanding the IV system in this game.

I have a 579 Dratini at 66.7% and a 509 Dratini at 75.6% - which one should I evolve?

3phemeral

Having difficulty understanding the IV system in this game.

I have a 579 Dratini at 66.7% and a 509 Dratini at 75.6% - which one should I evolve?

From what I understand you want the one with the best IVs first, then take into consideration the better move set. So maybe two mons with really close IVs I'd keep the one with stronger moves. I imagine that's how it works.

GulAtiCa

First time using a Lure on a popular pokestop. But nothing but common Pokemon. And only 1 spawns every like 4 minutes. Any tricks to this?

pringles

Bulbasaur: Seen 1, Caught 1 (start of the game)
Charmander: Seen 2, Caught 2
Squirtle: Seen 31, Caught 23
Pikachu: Seen 3, Caught 3 (all from 2k eggs)

Pidgey: Seen 191, Caught 161

This game... at this point I have very little hope of ever evolving Bulba and Charmander to their final stages. They're absolutely impossible to find here. I've hatched a huge amount of 2k eggs too without getting any of the starters except Pika.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
From what I understand you want the one with the best IVs first, then take into consideration the better move set. So maybe two mons with really close IVs I'd keep the one with stronger moves. I imagine that's how it works.

Moveset is usually top consideration, but you don't know what the moveset of a 'mon will be until you've fully evolved it, so when deciding what to evolve, IVs takes top priority.

3phemeral

Moveset is usually top consideration, but you don't know what the moveset of a 'mon will be until you've fully evolved it, so when deciding what to evolve, IVs takes top priority.

Ah, I see. I couldn't find much information on this other than one blog site but considering the evolution factor with move sets, it does make it tricky for multi-evolution mons.

Bulbasaur: Seen 1, Caught 1 (start of the game)
Charmander: Seen 2, Caught 2
Squirtle: Seen 31, Caught 23
Pikachu: Seen 3, Caught 3 (all from 2k eggs)

Pidgey: Seen 191, Caught 161

This game... at this point I have very little hope of ever evolving Bulba and Charmander to their final stages. They're absolutely impossible to find here. I've hatched a huge amount of 2k eggs too without getting any of the starters except Pika.

outside shot, but if you live in London, Holland Park has a nest of about 10 bulbas an hour. It used to be Chars before the nests rotated.

pringles

outside shot, but if you live in London, Holland Park has a nest of about 10 bulbas an hour. It used to be Chars before the nests rotated.
Booking plane tickets now.

It sucks that Bulbasaur seems to be one of the most rare pokemon in my area. My favorite starter. Will just have to grind 2k eggs it seems.

Catch rate may or may not be the same, but I feel like the jumping animation, fighting back animation, and fleeing have definitely been bumped up a bit.
I honestly think they did something pretty specifically about Pidgey/Rattata/Weedle/etc being more annoying to catch. I've been catching some pretty strong pokemon on the first ball, but all the trash has become extremely difficult. I struggle more with 100cp Pidgeys than I do with 800-900cp versions of more 'rare' pokemon. They probably realized farming pidgeys was becoming too much of a trend.

Booking plane tickets now.

It sucks that Bulbasaur seems to be one of the most rare pokemon in my area. My favorite starter. Will just have to grind 2k eggs it seems.

Starter nests are moderately common. If you live in a largish city, see if any of your parks are starter nests. Reddit is pretty good for finding them.

I was at the Tower of London today and it was spawning wartorts and Kubutos. Crazy!

Toki767

Nidoran&#9792; are the ones that I seemingly can never catch anymore, no matter how weak they are.

I wonder if it's different for everyone.

chunk3rvd

Should the general tactic be - catch Pokemon with highest IV possible, evolve it ASAP and if it has a good move set, start pumping candy and stardust into it? If the move set is bad, give up and move onto a new Pokemon?

Also, why do people suggest waiting till level 20+ before you start using stardust? Is it because at that level you're likely to catch Pokemon with a higher starting CP so you'll need less stardust and candy to max them out? I'm at level 14 and really want to start messing with gyms for fun and for the extra XP but can't do that anytime soon if I don't start to invest in some of my Pokemon

dity

First time using a Lure on a popular pokestop. But nothing but common Pokemon. And only 1 spawns every like 4 minutes. Any tricks to this?
Pokestops close together and multiple lures seems to increase the spawns. But the spawns seem to be random anyway.

Should the general tactic be - catch Pokemon with highest IV possible, evolve it ASAP and if it has a good move set, start pumping candy and stardust into it? If the move set is bad, give up and move onto a new Pokemon?

Also, why do people suggest waiting till level 20+ before you start using stardust? Is it because at that level you're likely to catch Pokemon with a higher starting CP so you'll need less stardust and candy to max them out? I'm at level 14 and really want to start messing with gyms for fun and for the extra XP but can't do that anytime soon if I don't start to invest in some of my Pokemon

I started spending at Level 19- by then I had 60k. I'm now level 21 and I'm down to 30k after spunking it on Snorlax and Laprases with 70-80% IVs

Save it brah, you'll need it. It is the limiting factor.

I am still on 0.29.3 (1.0.3) and get bonus XP for good throws, so it is definitely a client thing. Haven't really played enough today to tell if Pokemon flee more often, but i guess for the time being I'll refrain from updating. What the shit are you doing Niantic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom