• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

are u on android. i've heard that the newest update has hit IOS users with a lower catch rate, and android users haven't noticed much. i'm on IOS and it's really obvious to me

I dunno, I noticed pretty rubbish catch rates and I'm on Android.

That said I already felt the catch rates could be awful even before the patch. Pretty much ever since I hit level 15.

Now I'm level 20 I just catch stuff that I can make use of. All of the fodder pokemon I'm just ignoring. It's not like levelling past 20 is very quick anyway.

Lukemon

are u on android. i've heard that the newest update has hit IOS users with a lower catch rate, and android users haven't noticed much. i'm on IOS and it's really obvious to me

I am indeed... interesting. Will see how things work out when our next patch hits, I guess.

I'm on Android and it's really obvious they made things tougher to catch. Had 2 escape earlier at work after escaping a couple of balls and then fleeing. Weak pokemon too. I gave back up and stopped playing again after it happened. Everyone I know in real life has noticed the same thing.

deanote666

There may be a chance the tracking won't come back.

My reasoning for this is that if you KNOW the mon is past that wall or fence, people will be very tempted to go over there. If they only SUSPECT it could be over there, people may not do it. People broke into a local zoo to play a couple weeks back. They probably want to avoid more of that negative PR. One of the new messages asks players to not trespass.

I really like the gaf one that has been mentioned though. Although it did send me around a block when it was basically north of me though...

I'll vouch that the pidgy hit box is a lot smaller.

They probably raised the ball usage for the trash mobs to make it harder to power level in addition to the more common ones needing more balls to lead to more ball purchases.

Level 19 here.

adamy

Banned
Haven't really noticed them being harder to cash, but don't really care tbh

I'm constantly having to throw away balls to make room and this is even with an inventory size of 650

Zafir

They probably raised the ball usage for the trash mobs to make it harder to power level in addition to the more common ones needing more balls to lead to more ball purchases.

Level 19 here.

All that does is screw over people in rural/suburban areas even more...

People are still powerlevelling by going to pokestop clusters and luring them up.

Toki767

Haven't really noticed them being harder to cash, but don't really care tbh

I'm constantly having to throw away balls to make room and this is even with an inventory size of 650

It must be tough living in a big city with tons of pokestops for unlimited refills.

deanote666

If you click on the feet icon, a link opens to apple or google maps and you get a fix.
it is sort of cheating though.

Thanks! Did not notice that.

I would rather be out hunting for something specific though than just hanging around the same stops with lures on them myself or wandering randomly and not finding anything special. Scanners get you to go out and explore more. The map being optional keeps some of the fun in the hunt.

I'm starting to run low on potions now... Got plenty of revives though...

GulAtiCa

Found this tonight in my neighborhood! Not great CP, but happy none the less!

Co0bjNDXYAAlzwb.jpg

Teknoman

I still think its rng. I caught a 500 something Butterfree with a single pokeball earlier, then there was a venonat that didnt want to stay put, with a bulbasaur and exeggcute that both got caught with one ball afterwards.

It must be tough living in a big city with tons of pokestops for unlimited refills.

The most dense area I have seen so far is in the middle of SF, around union square.
A close second is in London near London Bridge train station.

Here are (not all) of the pokestops around the center of SF.

F70Bsv5.png

so basically within a short walk you can fill up your inventory.

adamy

Banned
I think my problem is that I either forget or am too lazy to use the berries

I always have over 200 berries, I wish there was a way to make them be auto used during each encounter

I also don't get how useful they are

Like whats stronger, great ball or regular ball + berry? Great ball + berry or ultra ball?

Fox Mulder

I'm on Android and it's really obvious they made things tougher to catch. Had 2 escape earlier at work after escaping a couple of balls and then fleeing. Weak pokemon too. I gave back up and stopped playing again after it happened. Everyone I know in real life has noticed the same thing.

Yeah, they fucked it. Nice bait and switch update to do after people got hooked to sell pokeballs.

Max Revive at level 35 I think?

lol

30 iirc. Revives are only needed after attacking a Gym, though - there's no other situation that leaves a Poke at 0HP.

I just hit 25 and I got 20. So seems to be 25.

I am also on Android and luckily have not been affected by this new difficulty to catch stuff just yet. I've maybe noticed it a handful of times with some Pokemon that shouldn't break out, but outside of that seems to be the same as before. Caught a Rhyhorn 650 with one Pokeball just before.

adamy

Banned
I just hit 25 and I got 20. So seems to be 25.

I am also on Android and luckily have not been affected by this new difficulty to catch stuff just yet. I've maybe noticed it a handful of times with some Pokemon that shouldn't break out, but outside of that seems to be the same as before. Caught a Rhyhorn 650 with one Pokeball just before.

I think you're talking about max potions and not max revive...? I have 51 max potions but haven't seen a single max revive

A CP 59 Squirtle with a green circle just broke out of 8 ultra balls before fleeing.

I think I'm done with this game until the next update.

Muku

A CP 59 Squirtle with a green circle just broke out of 8 ultra balls before fleeing.

I think I'm done with this game until the next update.

I'm sure if they were even going to comment they might take a page out of Blizzard's book "Working as intended."

Jay RaR

Woo! Got a Poliwrath by a mall today! I basically fulfilled my quota for this game already (got my Tauros and have 100 Pokes on the Pokedex). Prolly will push a bit more to power up my Poliwrath and Tauros.

Little Tokyo in LA is dense AF with pokestops.

Whoa, gotta visit there sometime. Get some shabu shabu as well.

I'm sure if they were even going to comment they might take a page out of Blizzard's book "Working as intended."

It's so bizarre. Like, I imagine they want people to use more balls in an attempt to get them to buy more. But if I want more I can just hit up some Pokespots, I can't spend money to stop Pokemon from fleeing.

It's so bizarre. Like, I imagine they want people to use more balls in an attempt to get them to buy more. But if I want more I can just hit up some Pokespots, I can't spend money to stop Pokemon from fleeing.

Most people don't have the availability of multiple pokestops in close vicinity. After patch it has also supposedly lowered the number of items that drop from pokestops as well.

deanote666

Most people don't have the availability of multiple pokestops in close vicinity. After patch it has also supposedly lowered the number of items that drop from pokestops as well.

I seem to be getting more than ever. Got 7 items form one stop earlier. Level 19 at the time.

I found a Stunky by my back steps but the app won't let me catch it. It's even there when the app is closed. :p

adamy

Banned
After patch it has also supposedly lowered the number of items that drop from pokestops as well.

Highly doubt that's true, haven't noticed any change whatsoever and I've visited 3,500 stops so I have a pretty good idea on what they give

I tend to hit the same route often and my bag fills at pretty much the exact same rate

Whether they've changed the quality of the items, I can't comment on yet. But the amount of items rewarded has not seemed to change

hirokazu

The difference is money. Google wasn't taking people's money when they changed the API. Yes, GO is free to play, but they have accepted people's money. When Sony took away the Custom OS feature, they got sued and lost.
Um, no. The PS3 was a good. It was sold on the promise that it could run OtherOS and consumers don't expect to have features revoked.

Pokémon Go is a service, and you're buying consumable in-app purchases. You're not buying into a promise that the game won't be updated and features added or removed as you go.

Please asking for refunds for currency they might have already spent on a service is ridiculous.

From what I understand you want the one with the best IVs first, then take into consideration the better move set. So maybe two mons with really close IVs I'd keep the one with stronger moves. I imagine that's how it works.

Oh I thought movesets are randomized when you evolve?

neoemonk

I ran out of poke balls today. It forced me to walk a few miles downtown and there were a huge amount of people of all ages playing the game. 20 to 30 people at 10:30 at night. Doesn't sound like a lot I guess but there are only about 6000 people where I live. I was able to get about 45 poke balls, but by the time I walked home I was back down to 6. Damn it.

I seem to be getting more than ever. Got 7 items form one stop earlier. Level 19 at the time.

I found a Stunky by my back steps but the app won't let me catch it. It's even there when the app is closed. :p

Highly doubt that's true, haven't noticed any change whatsoever and I've visited 3,500 stops so I have a pretty good idea on what they give

I tend to hit the same route often and my bag fills at pretty much the exact same rate

Whether they've changed the quality of the items, I can't comment on yet. But the amount of items rewarded has not seemed to change

Pokestops # they give still the same as pre patch. I hit up several pokestops that gave 5 ore more today.

Cool, I haven't really hit many pokestops since they changed the catch and escape rate, but I read online yesterday they were lowered to give out only 3 items. Glad they didn't change that too.

zroid

Banned
I ran out of poke balls today. It forced me to walk a few miles downtown and there were a huge amount of people of all ages playing the game. 20 to 30 people at 10:30 at night. Doesn't sound like a lot I guess but there are only about 6000 people where I live. I was able to get about 45 poke balls, but by the time I walked home I was back down to 6. Damn it.

That always happens to me lmao

I run low and go do a run at the local PokéStop hotspot, and by the time I leave I've used most of them anyay

3phemeral

So, found my best Magmar yet despite the fact that the in-game Nearby list showed that I was moving further away from it.

IVs are only 81% but it's a far cry from my 35.6% one.

Oh I thought movesets are randomized when you evolve?
Yeah, movesets change when you evolve so you'll have to wait until the final evolution to make these decisions.

Is anyone getting a weird glitch tonight where a Pokémon appears, but when you touch it it disappears? It usually reappears a few seconds later but disappears again if you touch it again.

deanote666

Is anyone getting a weird glitch tonight where a Pokémon appears, but when you touch it it disappears? It usually reappears a few seconds later but disappears again if you touch it again.

Was your gps glitching at the time (running around when you weren't moving, teleporting around after launching the game, continuing from it being minimized)? I've seen something similar before, before the update.

I've got 2 parks near me. 1 big one with 10 stops and NO pokemon spawns or a small park with 3 stops close together and are almost always lured.

I go to the big park for hatching eggs and stocking balls. I go to the little park to actually catch the mons.

Saya

I swear it feels like pokemon or at least rarer ones have had their spawn rate decreased. Haven't really seen anything these past few days.

My experience has been the opposite. I've seen a lot more rarer pokemons in my area after the patch. Before the patch I encountered basically only Doduos, Weedles, Caterpies, and Rattata's. Now it's so much more diverse. Nidoran have almost become common now.

The catch rate is still messed up tho.

Replicant

Saw a Kangaskhan and the app freezed. NOOOOOOO~

I didn't even take a screenshot but I swear to God, I saw it and it's humongous.

Yes. Happened to a Zubat thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom