• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
Kinda weird, from my workplace i haven't seen anything different that Pidgeys/Spearow/Rattatas since D1

This morning i got 2 Bulbasaur, 2 Staryu and 1 Cubone

The fuck is happening lol (no glitch as well)

It's all about public image and at the moment Niantic image is sinking fast.

I think you well over-estimate how much of the userbase would care if they hired this one specific person. If he's qualified and right for the job, great, but hiring him just because of Pokevision won't be any meaningful PR beyond some of the more dedicated message boards.

Vipu

Banned
This game basically locks people out of the whole gym part of it if they are not high level from early on. How the heck are you supposed to catch up?

You dont need highlevel to do gyms, your 1000cp pokemon can kill 2000cp pokemons easy etc.

Firemind

What don't you understand? The eggs are just totally random. Got the Charmander from a 2km egg to boot.
How it's possible to catch Snorlax in the wild. All the rare pokemon have an idiotic encounter rate. Not that I'm complaining. Just baffled that you seem to catch rare pokemon every day. :lol

panda-zebra

Nope, not an accident. He clarifies in a reply that it was indeed a 1k egg: the first he's ever seen. When he incubated it and it hatched, it was Ditto.

Looking at his other gym videos it seems legit. One vid placing it there, one battling it. 1km egg... time to hit the pokestops!

EDIT: Ah, it's probably someone arsing around with skin changes?

Pachimari

How it's possible to catch Snorlax in the wild. All the rare pokemon have an idiotic encounter rate. Not that I'm complaining. Just baffled that you seem to catch rare pokemon every day. :lol
Isn't this like the first time? Although I don't know what is considered rare? That said, I only have like 60 different Pokemon.

A Charmeleon just popped up on my radar. I feel like this game is rewarding me today for all the money I have thrown its way lol.

J-Roderton

I'd love to have some places to walk around here that had stops. I try to walk my dog daily and it's a barren wasteland out there aside from a rare pidgey or something.

Majukun

it's since they have eliminated pokèvision that i feel no reason to go outside catching pokèmon..oother than maybe to hatch eggs

dity

Is anyone getting a weird glitch tonight where a Pokémon appears, but when you touch it it disappears? It usually reappears a few seconds later but disappears again if you touch it again.
I was getting that! A Kabuto would disappear every time I pressed on it. It was happening to my partner too.

J-Roderton

it's since they have eliminated pokèvision that i feel no reason to go outside catching pokèmon..oother than maybe to hatch eggs

That's pretty much all I'm doing at the moment. Hatching eggs and only using my pokeballs to catch stuff I don't have yet in my poke dex. It's not like I can really accumulate a whole of from stops so I try to save what I got for now. Not about to throw down any money on this game.

At least I only need one more candy to evolve to my Nidoking today!

Pachimari

I really want to catch a Pikachu today because I were supposed to have one if not for the server errors a few weeks ago. I won't go home until I catch one more new Pokemon.

Chaos17

I think you well over-estimate how much of the userbase would care if they hired this one specific person. If he's qualified and right for the job, great, but hiring him just because of Pokevision won't be any meaningful PR beyond some of the more dedicated message boards.

Check Reddit or his twitter, Pokemon Go community IS behind him.
You might not notice it here on Gaf because we're a smaller Pokemon GO community.

number11

I never used pokevision.. living in a city it's better just to walk around and see what pops up.

tweC6j4.jpg

But Fuuuuu !!

You know what would be handy, a map with all the Pokestops...will go to the nearby airport this evening cause i got to get my sis-in-law, and would like to know if there are any Pokéstops...

correojon

Kinda weird, from my workplace i haven't seen anything different that Pidgeys/Spearow/Rattatas since D1

This morning i got 2 Bulbasaur, 2 Staryu and 1 Cubone

The fuck is happening lol (no glitch as well)

This morning on my way to work I got 5 Eevees, Nidoran (F, first time encountering one), Psyduck, Krabby, Machop (also first time finding one in the wild)...I only found 1 Zubat, 3 Pidgeys and 2 Rattatas, while usually they are 90% of what I see on my way to work. Hope they did something to the spawn rate and it stays this way :)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Going on a two week holiday in New York at the begining of September, will probably devote one afternoon for a Pokémon hunt in Central Park, how's the pokéstop/pokémon situation there? I'm guessing it'll be pretty good but still want to ask lol.

4 weeks later, the entire team has been too busy working on the game to communicate with the players, yet there's nothing to show for these 4 weeks of work, as the game is worse off than it was at launch.

Communication's neat, and acknowledging these various complaints is great. But this seems to be coming up very shortly after everybody started filing complaints against them for breaking the rules established on the Google Play Store, along with mass refunds.

This also isn't nearly the type of post I was hoping to see from them. What do they plan to replace the nearby feature with? Why are they lying to us and not just leaving it in the game until the new feature is ready like literally every other developer would do?

You know what would be handy, a map with all the Pokestops...will go to the nearby airport this evening cause i got to get my sis-in-law, and would like to know if there are any Pokéstops...
https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases
https://github.com/BrianEstrada/PokeScanner/releases

Both of those show Gyms and Pokestops.

4 weeks later, the entire team has been too busy working on the game to communicate with the players, yet there's nothing to show for these 4 weeks of work, as the game is worse off than it was at launch.

Communication's neat, and acknowledging these various complaints is great. But this seems to be coming up very shortly after everybody started filing complaints against them for breaking the rules established on the Google Play Store, along with mass refunds.

This also isn't nearly the type of post I was hoping to see from them. What do they plan to replace the nearby feature with? Why are they lying to us and not just leaving it in the game until the new feature is ready like literally every other developer would do?

You know the feature already wasn't working, right? It seems likely (though they didn't confirm either way) that the feature was originally shut off due to server load.

I'm not that happy with the post either--I would've liked to see them address many of the theories going around about the latest patch, like the potential changes in catch rates and pokemon aggression, and I would've like to see them confirm why the "nearby" feature stopped working in the first place. But I don't know that I'd go as far as to say they're lying about anything at this stage, considering that they're barely talking to us as it is.

They definitely adjusted break-out rates recently. The past two days I haven't caught anything because I refuse to waste pokeballs on trash sub 100 cp mobs that have no right to break out of multiple pokeballs.

cHinzo

Going on a two week holiday in New York at the begining of September, will probably devote one afternoon for a Pokémon hunt in Central Park, how's the pokéstop/pokémon situation there? I'm guessing it'll be pretty good but still want to ask lol.

Picture I found online, but I think you should be fine. :p It's like christmas!

51fb4adf5d.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

That's cause egg hatching is the one thing in Poke Go that is about the journey vs the destination.

It's no surprise that is the main thing you are doing now.

CoolOff

Break-out rates our effing stupid now. It might have to do with my level (22) as well, but they must have bumped it up.

A 70 CP Kakuna dodging 6 Great Balls...

Probably going to put this down for awhile or at least just stock up on supplies till more updates hit. I've loved the game so far even after issues with tracking but the increased flee rate/break free rate has pushed me over the edge. Not fun for the moment. Hope they fix it soon.

You know the feature already wasn't working, right? It seems likely (though they didn't confirm either way) that the feature was originally shut off due to server load.

I'm not that happy with the post either--I would've liked to see them address many of the theories going around about the latest patch, like the potential changes in catch rates and pokemon aggression, and I would've like to see them confirm why the "nearby" feature stopped working in the first place. But I don't know that I'd go as far as to say they're lying about anything at this stage, considering that they're barely talking to us as it is.
So it's not a lie that they removed the feature last patch due to them wanting to replace it with something that meets their underlying product goals?

If that was their intention all along, then why didn't they say so when they broke the feature 2 weeks ago? If they broke it 2 weeks ago to reduce server load, then it's a lie that they broke it in order to meet their underlying product goals like they just said.

J-Roderton

I managed to hatch a Tauros this morning and finally caught a Growlithe. Been looking for one of those. Hopefully I can knock out these two 2k eggs later and hopefully get at least one starter.

JavyOO7

Found a vulpix yesterday... but after a few berries and great balls, it ran away. God dammit. .. I'll try that same spot again today. (In Miami Lakes near the Main Street theater)

I found a hitmonchan outside my house after the last update...nice :)

And the amount of zubats and meowths has decreased which, oh god, I thank a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom