• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSFan

Getting GPS signal not found error messages along with my mate too. Hmmm

Ah well, I might actually get some work done now here!

I'm getting that message intermittently and when the message goes away, my guy kinda walks in place aimlessly or sometimes moving a little. This is while I'm sitting at my worktable and not moving. It also appears to be counting toward my eggs hatching.

Anyone else experiencing weird GPS issues today?

Chaos17

I'm getting that message intermittently and when the message goes away, my guy kinda walks in place aimlessly or sometimes moving a little. This is while I'm sitting at my worktable and not moving. It also appears to be counting toward my eggs hatching.

Guys try to re-download the app, it have fixed some little bugs fo me.

Septic360

Banned

Yeah exactly this. I'm not complaining. Let those eggs hatch :D

I'm in my parents car driving a long distance for vacation and decided to use an incense. Every single
Pokemon I found ran away after 1 ball. That was a waste...

T.O.P

Banned
I just had a kid thank me and calling me Sir because i dropped a lure earlly near a pizzeria

I ain't ready for this shit son

Zafir

I'm in my parents car driving a long distance for vacation and decided to use an incense. Every single

Yeah don't bother trying to play if you're going fast on motorways. The system soft bans you from the game if you do (which is why they break free and run after one ball).

L Thammy

Looked at the level up rewards list and it's depressing. 20, 25, and 30 are the only remaining levels where I'll get lure modules, lucky eggs and incense?

ffvorax

I have to say that after the update I'm finding more differnt pokèmon in the same area, and it's a good thing because I live not in a rural area, but also not in a big city, so before i found only rattata, pidgey and doduo... now i find also some squirle, bulbasaur, nidoran... i also saw a magmar shadow but with all the broken system i couldn't figure out where it could be...

T.O.P

Banned
I have to say that after the update I'm finding more differnt pokèmon in the same area, and it's a good thing because I live not in a rural area, but also not in a big city, so before i found only rattata, pidgey and doduo... now i find also some squirle, bulbasaur, nidoran... i also saw a magmar shadow but with all the broken system i couldn't figure out where it could be...

Yup!

A lot, and i mean a lot of new Pokemon started spawning in my area

crazyprac

Same type and amount of Pokemon's both at home and now at work. Taking a quick glimpse at the Pokemon go map, nothing looks different. Lol at lower tier Pokemon's running away after one ball and that one pidgey I spent 10 great balls. But I don't mind since I'm catching higher cp/tier Pokemon's with just one regular pokeball lol.

Oh and apparently everyone has a dragonite,snorlax,arcanine now in my area even though dratini/growlithe are very rare...

Does Snorlax only show up at night? He's been my most sought after Pokemon and I checked my game around midnight and I saw his shadow. It was too late to go running outside in circles at that hour, but I was tempted for a second. I would have left if this game had a working tracking feature.

L Thammy

I miss being able to catch Pokemon in this game about catching Pokemon.

Just take photos of them instead. Pretend you're playing Pokemon Snap!

And when you're seeing the same three Pokemon over and over, pretend you're grinding the stage for better photos, just like on the N64!

Quonny

Reddit is a horrible barometer for anything.

Hivemind due to the upvote/downvote system and not a place for discussion but rather just to shout a statement then walk away.

I mean, even huge subreddits like the League of Legends subreddit have used the fact that their user count has been dropping to show that the population of that game is dying, when in fact the game population is growing.

So, yeah, using Reddit (and even GAF) as a metric for the population at large is not the best idea.

mr-paul

People on Android, the old version still works. Uninstall the latest version, search for the 0.29.3 apk, and install that. I had a much better walk this afternoon thanks to reverting to that rather than wandering around having every other Pidgey run away on me.

I'd also like some advice. I'm Level 18. I just caught a Charmander that Pokéadvisor tells me has perfect IVs. 15, 15, 15. It's CP 186, which apparently is a level 7 mon. What should I do with it? Power up as a Charmander, then evolve? Evolve, then power up? How hard will it be to make this a strong pokémon because of it's low level/CP?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Going on a two week holiday in New York at the begining of September, will probably devote one afternoon for a Pokémon hunt in Central Park, how's the pokéstop/pokémon situation there? I'm guessing it'll be pretty good but still want to ask lol.

Ok, this corner of central park has a statue.
dSNocgE.jpg

That's basically Pokemon Mecca in New York. It has a cluster of Pokestops near each other that have lures on them all evening and on weekends. As result, there are usually about 200+ people just camping there on evenings and weekends. You could walk miles through the city and get a bunch of pidgeys and zubats, then walk to this one spot and in seconds get Abra, Pikachu, Magikarp, etc.

I have a love/hate relationship with the more aggressive Pokemon now.

On the one hand, I hoped there would be additions where you'd have a to battle certain kinds of wild Pokemon (not always, but perhaps based on IV or something) in order to capture it. These new changes seem like that might be the end game eventually (This would hopefully mean a turn-based PvE experience).

On the other, more wasted pokeballs. :l

Durden77

I'm still not having any more trouble catching pokemon than before the patch. Some of the Pokemon I've encountered have been lower CP than normal however. But I actually think that will be good for game balance. Should actually make stardust useful rather than just waiting to catch a stronger Poke.

akileese

Yeah don't bother trying to play if you're going fast on motorways. The system soft bans you from the game if you do (which is why they break free and run after one ball).
Are we sure its not just due to distance? Whats the furthest youve ever walked from a wild pokemon? I need to try it but I suspect going too far from the pokemon may be the actual cause. Either way, its true that incensing in your car is a waste.

Geneijin

Are we sure its not just due to distance? Whats the furthest youve ever walked from a wild pokemon? I need to try it but I suspect going too far from the pokemon may be the actual cause. Either way, its true that incensing in your car is a waste.
It's been reported to be based on speed now. Essentially, if you drive faster than 40 mph supposedly, they'll run away unlike before, so Niantic nerfed driving really :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom