• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I edited my post. Keep in mind the alpha and current version still scan once every 5 seconds per account. You'll have to wait for devs to update the app to have the scan delay at 10 seconds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanne...cement_niantec_has_changed_the_api_yet_again/

Right now every other step will return no data so you might not see every pokemon that's out there.

edit: Also btw, this new 10s per request call affects regular users as well. It means if you travel over 15mph you'll miss pokemon. Not a problem for people walking but if you bike or are a passenger in a car or whatever you're going to encounter a lot more dead zones.
Jesus dude that just put me back in the game.

EL Beefo

Urgh, so hard to find a good squirtle with 85%+ IV.

Likely due to the suspected bug (or one of Niantic's "features") where attack IVs are related to pokedex number. Since the starters all have low pokedex numbers they almost always have a low attack IVs, and often times zero. Right now the best hope of getting a starter with good IVs is to hatch them as the bug only applies to wild caught pokemon.

adamy

Banned
Likely due to the suspected bug (or one of Niantic's "features") where attack IVs are related to pokedex number. Since the starters all have low pokedex numbers they almost always have a low attack IVs, and often times zero. Right now the best hope of getting a starter with good IVs is to hatch them as the bug only applies to wild caught pokemon.

yeah, I've hatched 3 squirtles in low 90s

Waiting for a 100% perfect one tho

Durden77

I transfered an Electabuzz with about 100CP than an another Electabuzz because he had Thundershock and Thunder Punch, and I had another with Low Kick and Thunder Punch I wanted to keep instead because of Low Kick.

Does that make me a bad person?

Elfstruck

Yeh, I think you are right. I just recheck all my starters, and most of the wild starter one are below 50%, while my hatched pikachu is like 96%.

First world PoGo problems: I want to evolve my 590 CP, 75-82% perfect Dratini for big numbers NOW, but I have a 491 CP, 100% perfect Dratini that my more patient, responsible side knows is better to evolve. I don't even know if IVs are that big a deal (I'm guessing not) nor do I even battle, I just want to make the numbers bigger.

In happier news, I finally caught my favorite Pokemon Snorlax today and he's a good one, and living next to a creek produced a pretty sick Gyarados along with the Dratinis.

That suuuucks, but at least now I can stop chasing Bulbasaurs and soon Squirtles for a good one to evolve.

I made some poor decisions today. Where I live, Vaporeons are absolutely everywhere so I've been trying to get some good grass Pokemon (my electric Pokemon are too squishy), and upon seeing the gym by my house sport a lineup of: 1200 Golduck, 1800 Snorlax, 1800 Vaporeon, 1900 Blastoise, and a 2200 Snorlax, I went crazy powering up my 1100 Exxegutor to 1600 as well as my best Jolteon to 1200 and used way more Stardust than I should have.

It sucks getting good Pokemon with the moves you want that are low CP and then constantly seeing "your" gym being owned. It makes ya do dumb things.

First world PoGo problems: I want to evolve my 590 CP, 75-82% perfect Dratini for big numbers NOW, but I have a 491 CP, 100% perfect Dratini that my more patient, responsible side knows is better to evolve. I don't even know if IVs are that big a deal (I'm guessing not) nor do I even battle, I just want to make the numbers bigger.

That's not a very hard decision at all. Evolve the 100%
and show it off to everyone
and just power up the 200-300 CP difference when you can. I evolved my Dratini and got a Dragonite with Dragon Pulse and Dragon Claw but it's IV's are somewhere around 40%. That's before I knew high CP doesn't equal best stats. Now my highest % Dratini is 80% but I need about 60 more candy to evolve :/

Geneijin

Well, the way I look at it is this: CP is a priority for me. The higher CP I can get my Pokemon at, the more likely my defenders will be in the rearguard. The longer I can retain my spots at gyms, the less time I need to hold multiple gyms in quick succession because my Pokemon aren't in the frontlines. The more gyms I hold, the more I can collect from the daily gym bonus. Since the cap is restricted to 10 gyms, that's potentially 100 coins and 5,000 stardust a day. I usually try to hold 3-4, but I could do 6-7 I feel locally if it weren't for botters.

eek5

Is there a way to do this with pokemon go live map?

https://github.com/AHAAAAAAA/PokemonGo-Map supports multi-threaded. I think there is another one that does as well (can't remember the name) but it uses a hexagon scanning pattern or something.

Pokeminer also does multi-threaded but it's more for mining a really large area.

You want to evolve both. Evolve the 100% one first and see if you get a good moveset. If you don't evolve the 75-82% one and see if you get a good moveset. THEN power up the good moveset pokemon. Moves matter more than IV. It's not until you're comparing same moveset pokemon against each other that IV matters and even then it's only like a 10% swing.

Vipu

Banned
Just hatched my first grimer, never even seen one on the tracker

I wonder what would happen to my game if I hatched it, since I have that Grimer bug that crashes my game.
Would I be unable to play game then until they fix it???!?!
Sounds a bit scary.

theDonutking

Neo Member
Where do you determine the % perfect and what does it mean?

Anyone know if there's a resource or site where people share nest locations (this is new to me too)?

There is so much mystery to the game; it's frustrating and oddly exciting. I feel like a kid again sharing stories about warp tunnels in Super Mario Bros!

hirokazu

Is Pikachu rare if you did not do the starter trick?
If you can find a nest, then no.
IMG_9343.jpg

adamy

Banned
is Magneton any good?

Just hatched a 95 IV magnemite and i've been in need of a good electric Pokémon

I have a perfect IV Jolteon and the 95 raichu but they both seem pretty damn weak when I battle gyms

Azole

Neo Member
They're pretty high level. I have 2 1600 ones myself and there seems to be at least one on most gyms around here.

I never seem to be able to use them... I have some high level Arcanines that never seem to do good in gym battles (taking and defending)... Thus I usually stick to my Vaporeans. I was just wondering since I have some 800ish cp with 90%+ IV growliths and was wondering if it was worth evolving and using dust. Thanks.

Razmos

Checked Pokeadvisor finally, turns out I have a 98.5% perfect Omanyte lol. And the Slowbro I've been using and levelling up for ages is luckily 97.5% perfect.

My strongest pokemon Arcanine is 80% and my Vaporeon and Dragonite are both around 70% but they both have 15 Attack IV's

taybul

Sorry, I edited my post. Keep in mind the alpha and current version still scan once every 5 seconds per account. You'll have to wait for devs to update the app to have the scan delay at 10 seconds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanne...cement_niantec_has_changed_the_api_yet_again/

Right now every other step will return no data so you might not see every pokemon that's out there.

edit: Also btw, this new 10s per request call affects regular users as well. It means if you travel over 15mph you'll miss pokemon. Not a problem for people walking but if you bike or are a passenger in a car or whatever you're going to encounter a lot more dead zones.

This wouldn't be so bad if the scan area was bigger. Anyone know roughly how big the scan area is?

But damn, even biking is considered to be too fast for this API?

adamy

Banned
This wouldn't be so bad if the scan area was bigger. Anyone know roughly how big the scan area is?

But damn, even biking is considered to be too fast for this API?

You're still better off biking

You have to take in consideration the dead zones he mentioned vs the spawn rate you get for covering that much ground

Go on a bike ride and you'll see for yourself. I get a higher spawn rate on my bike than I would if I was walking with an incense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom