• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

A lot of Murkrow was eaten today.

There seems to be a lot of criticism in that Reddit too tbh.

Yeah this post isn't receiving nearly enough criticism.

What is the simplest way to reduce capture rate? By changing a number server-side. What comparisons were made between pre and post server updates? None. Everyone seems to be glossing over that massively important detail, including OP based on those conclusions. They are misleading at best.

So if any of you are thinking of using this post as a rebuttal against people claiming capture rate is lower post-update, don't bother.

The only thing this data suggests (not "proves") is that servers are using the same capture formula for different client versions, which didn't need exploring because that is obviously the way it should work

dity

There seems to be a lot of criticism in that Reddit too tbh.
Yeah but that guy botting with the 54% and 24% doesn't have that data either and people love to parrot that over on Reddit when he had even less evidence to back him up.

Semajer

If I'm at a lowish level, say 11, and I catch something with 100% IVs but with low CP, will it eventually reach max CP if I keep powering it up?

Chuckie

Yeah but that guy botting with the 54% and 24% doesn't have that data either and people love to parrot that over on Reddit when he had even less evidence to back him up.

True. But the 'evidence' that is there is this: "The catch rate percentage before any pokeball is thrown hasn't changed". And that simply isn't enough to 'eat crow'...especially not with 10 CP weedles escaping my balls :p

Chaos17

For kicks, I added a radar function .. https://pokemonnearby.io/nearby.html
then look for the radar link at the bottom.

still working on it, but it works under ios/safari anyway.

The radar effect is really cool.

tumblr_m6mtzxKeON1qd87hlo1_500.gif

jts

...hate me...
Had an egg just stuck and stuck on 1.94km, was about to bust a vein when suddenly it hatched. Niantic pls.

Oh and it was a Geodude, which I didn't have yet. Not very strong but still cool beans.

Joni

He has statistics that imply a change in behavior if the bot has not changed its behavior even if he can't clarify what the change is that has caused the bot to lose efficiency.

Pokeadvisor is really cool. Unfortunately i only got one perfect pokemon and its a
Kingler...
lhohnjE.jpg

4QMcaSh.jpg

Should I evolve that Dratini though?

Also, ever since they changed the nests I can't find any more Executes, sucks that I can't upgrade that 97% Exeggutor...

dity

True. But the 'evidence' that is there is this: "The catch rate percentage before any pokeball is thrown hasn't changed". And that simply isn't enough to 'eat crow'...especially not with 10 CP weedles escaping my balls :p

I''m just chopping it up to bad luck. Stuff like that happened to me before the update too.

Pokeadvisor is really cool. Unfortunately i only got one perfect pokemon and its a
Kingler...
lhohnjE.jpg

4QMcaSh.jpg

Should I evolve that Dratini though?

Also, ever since they changed the nests I can't find any more Executes, sucks that I can't upgrade that 97% Exeggutor...

Well my best Pokémon IV-wise is a Pidgeot... 95,6 %...

Septic360

Banned
https://pokemonnearby.io/ ... one and done scan (offline)
or https://pokemonnearby.io/nearby.html ... "Nearby" version that updates footprints as you walk (click on feet to get map if necessary).

I don't want it used by non neogaf members so Quote to see access password here :

: end of post that can't be seen by non gaf members.

please don't disseminate outside gaf or too many people start to use at one time and it becomes difficult for everyone.

OOh me!! Thank you!

Wait- am I doing this right?

hemo memo

That's not a very hard decision at all. Evolve the 100%
and show it off to everyone
and just power up the 200-300 CP difference when you can. I evolved my Dratini and got a Dragonite with Dragon Pulse and Dragon Claw but it's IV's are somewhere around 40%. That's before I knew high CP doesn't equal best stats. Now my highest % Dratini is 80% but I need about 60 more candy to evolve :/

Another question if you don't mind.

Is there a max level/CP if you want to Power up/Evolve a very low level but good IV Pokemon?

Chaos17

Reddit today is more calm but yet are sitll wondering if the legendaries screens they see are fake or not. The faker even made a live stream where they swapped phone to show the legendary is real, lol

Twitter has still same haters but a bit less. Now I show them good stories like this one: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...ut-to-play-pokemon-go-after-bullying-incident
Botters and spoofers can be more noticiable now since they're taking gyms with their imba pokemons so normal players are begining to question them on Twitter.

On Facebook, bot program is being shared openly /facepalm
Also anything is good to make shitty article, just because the person was playing the game that's the fault of the game and not the responsability of the person... /ok
I also dislike when there is 0 way to give link to person who is complaining about a dangerous spot on facebook, seriously ?!... How can you help if you can't contact them, orz.

I will say that Twitter is at the moment more pleasant to follow than Facebook about PokemonGO.

58217579_p0.jpg

Edit: new find from Reddit
Niantic is upping the scan refresh rate to break 3rd party scanners. It also breaks a part of the game

Septic360

Banned
I used Pokeadvisor.com :)

The perfect site for a statistics lover like me :D

Ah thanks man!

Right....so I just used pokeadvisor and INSTANTLY regret it:

I spent a SHIT ton of stardust and evee candies on this guy. He started off at 600CP!!!

MvmDxjc.jpg

Horrid IV rating! (at least his attack is high I guess)

This is my best pokemon that I only yesterday evolved:

8eXBE4J.jpg

Rest is shambolic based on IV :'(

Dammit!

Are any of these IV calculators actually reliable? Is one better than the other? I've put the same Pokémon into pokeassistant and into Silph Road and PA tells me that my stamina is between 13-14, where SR tells me it's definitely 12.

They can't both be right. Seems like a massive waste of time trying to get "perfect" Pokémon if the site you're using is giving false data and the results may not be correct.

Are any of these IV calculators actually reliable? Is one better than the other? I've put the same Pokémon into pokeassistant and into Silph Road and PA tells me that my stamina is between 13-14, where SR tells me it's definitely 12.

They can't both be right. Seems like a massive waste of time trying to get "perfect" Pokémon if the site you're using is giving false data and the results may not be correct.

Well, PokéAdvisor (which a lot of people are using here) pulls the data directly from the server, so it's 100% accurate. Though it's inherently risky for a number obvious reasons.

As for the discrepancy in your example, I couldn't say. For what it's worth, every single one of the ranges I got through PokéAssistant encompassed the proper value given by Advisor.

Well, PokéAdvisor (which a lot of people are using here) pulls the data directly from the server, so it's 100% accurate. Though it's inherently risky for a number obvious reasons.

Is it pulling the actual IVs, or is it pulling the same data you plug into pokeassistant and calculating based on that?

Chaos17

58204146_p0.jpg

Conspiracy theories always forget that AR games existed way before Pokemon Go. They don't realise that the name "Pokemon" that was put in that game that made it successfull, lol
So they think the world would be taken over with AR, lmao! Just because every opportunits are trying to get a place on that hype ride, haha.

I have a 100% IV Gloom, does that mean I shouldn't evolve him?
Will the evolution have a high IV?

If my memory is right, IV don't carry over with evolution same with CP.
So you should only care about IV on evolution only.
But I might be wrong since I didn't experiment it myself and only read feebacks.

It's so hard to believe. Berry, Ultra Ball, Tiny Circle, and a 400 CP Ponyta breaks out 5 times. I went from 120 pokeballs to 40 in 10-15 minutes of playing. Having to use 10-15 balls per pokemon.

I caught a 541 Ponyta with a normal ball after two tries (with berries) this morning.

StuffRuff

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but have they done recent work to increase the amount of spawn locations?

I live in the middle of the countryside and since Go has been out there have been absolutely 0 pokemon around the local 2 mile radius area and I've yet to be able to really enjoy the game unless I'm in town somewhere. Then since the most recent update suddenly there's green grass locations and pokemon all over the place nearby?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I got a perfect Horsea and near perfect pikachu and magikarp :)

I assume if I evolve magikarp (one day..) he would be a near perfect Gary or does it reroll?

Does not reroll. Moveset is usually more important than IVs, though.

Chaos17

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but have they done recent work to increase the amount of spawn locations?

I live in the middle of the countryside and since Go has been out there have been absolutely 0 pokemon around the local 2 mile radius area and I've yet to be able to really enjoy the game unless I'm in town somewhere. Then since the most recent update suddenly there's green grass locations and pokemon all over the place nearby?

Not really but someone on Reddit did say he has gone from 1 pokemon nearby to 2 while living in rural area. But I didn't saw more testemonies about this...

StuffRuff

Not really but someone on Reddit did say he has gone from 1 pokemon nearby to 2 while living in rural area. But I didn't saw more testemonies about this...

Thanks for the info, interesting! I'll keep an eye out but things have definitely improved which is nice!

Banzai

I have a 92% Lapras that has a normal Ice attack and a charge dragon attack. Worth leveling or wait for the inevitable better one? I mean Lapras aren't exactly common around here...

Chaos17

Hater: you know that Pokemon Go cut you off of real life ? It's gonna ruin everything and help terrorism!
Me: then what're you doing on twitter ?

Seriously, they're uter stupid >.>...

Pokeadvisor is pretty damn great, been using it to decide on which ones I should transfer when I have doubles of ones I want to use high level.

Only have 1 100% IV mon though, and is a Ponyta which I have only ever got 1 of and I think that was from an egg :(

I have to say, maybe it's just a coincidence but I have come across a slightly more varied list of Pokémon since the last update. Still predominantly Pidgeys, rattatas and Drowzees but I have had a few more rarer ones come along which is nice.

Annoyingly I hatched a 5KM egg yesterday, only to get a drowzee from it….The last Pokémon I seriously need. Still no 10KM eggs though, don’t know how many hours I have played but at level 22 I would have thought I would have got at least one.

pringles

It's not like there's a hardcore competitive PvP side to the game. Anything that has IVs over 80% or so should be more than fine imo. Move-set could matter a bit more but then again you never know when Niantic will re-balance that stuff so honestly why bother trying to make it 'perfect'?

Everyone hates on Onix when he wastes their 10km eggs, but I'm happy to have just hatched one because I'd never seen one in the wild.

Puts me at 108 caught :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom