• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

I like this idea :)

Co3b3XmXgAAXoDW.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/...ed_the_circular_compass_nearby_tracker_but_i/

Nah, that looks like it'd tell you exactly where shit was, no fun in that.

It's a better option than having no idea where anything is, hence Pokévision, but it's not as good as pawprints was

Septimius

6: Your nearby tracking menu is still able to track that specific Pokemon based on your general direction like before. But I've noticed it's become slightly more random. So you might at times have to rely on a tracking app to help assist here and there but it's not necessary.

It has never worked. It's confirmation bias. The list is random. I've had two phones in my hand a lot, and the list is not the same on both. Not even close.

ViciousDS

Banned
It has never worked. It's confirmation bias. The list is random

thats the problem......it used to work

now it fucking does nothing at all. It's complete bullshit.

Also.....I think GAF I have over 100 pidgeys lol.....time to use the calculator tonight and waste a good 30 minutes evolving shit.

It has never worked. It's confirmation bias. The list is random. I've had two phones in my hand a lot, and the list is not the same on both. Not even close.

thats the problem......it used to work

now it fucking does nothing at all. It's complete bullshit.

Also.....I think GAF I have over 100 pidgeys lol.....time to use the calculator tonight and waste a good 30 minutes evolving shit.
You're both right and wrong. There's times were it doesn't work BUT I CAUGHT A FUCKING SCYTHER last night using it. IMO it was 90% accurate if I kept following it's direction.

Went out for a walk today to the Lighthouse, not a lot of Pokestops on the way but had 150 pokeballs, 80 great balls and 20 ultras.

Came back with 2 Pokeballs, 4 Great Balls and 4 Ultras.

On the plus side I managed to add the following to my Pokedex

Machop
Growlithe
Starmie
Electrode
Nidorino
Slowbro
Dragonair
Seadra

So overall pretty successful hunt, desperately need to go to the City Centre and refill my pokeballs though

I wasn't going to say anything about this before I had more definitive proof, but in a nut shell , the Pokestop drop rates for anything other than regular pokeballs, revives, and potions have certainly been nerfed. I drive through at least 100 stops a day and certainly notice a lack of any other higher end items. The biggest impact from this change is the lack of hyper and Max potions. I'm having to be much more selective in what gyms I tackle so I don't burn through them all.

Anybody notice this since the last patch? Potions seem to be on the rare side

I swear I still can't see how pokemon are harder to catch after the patch from my experience. It's been quite the opposite for me. I catch pokemon with red rings with only 1-3 normal pokeballs or 1 greatball.
The only exception was that stupid low level Persian that ran away from me yesterday.

I suppose we'll never know for sure until someone datamines the game again.

Also, pokestops seem normal to me as well.

ViciousDS

Banned
You mean when tracking worked? Because I've tested this since I started playing, which was when tracking broke. It has never worked.

the launch weekend when the 3 steps actual diminished down to 1 and then 0 steps at all I chased pokemon all weekend launch and it 100% of the time worked except for when the server shitted out and didn't updated the list. I was able to accurately chase pokemon easy as fuck.

Now even if you do that, you have no clue if the list is even updated or not because half the shit doesn't pop while other times it does.

We were using this tracker at earlier today during work, but now I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. Something like slackerjet... anyone know what it is?

IT give's spawn time in seconds so you kind of have to convert to minutes.

Edit: NVM.. got it. skiplagged

jennetics

1 Ratatta
CP 296
9 Poke Balls: 2 missed, 7 broke frees.
Ran away.

1 Bellsprout
CP 527
2 Razzberry 3 Great Balls: 3 broke frees.
Ran away.

1 Weedle
CP 116
4 Poke Balls: 1 missed, 3 broke frees.
Ran away.

This was one after the other. Almost threw my phone in frustration.

So I'm still quite a low level. Sitting at 13 right now. On my way to work I spotted a gym and decided to look at the gym leader.

Level 37 with a 2970 snorlax.... How is this even possible. First time I've seen anyone above 30 and this person is 37?!

I swear I still can't see how pokemon are harder to catch after the patch from my experience. It's been quite the opposite for me. I catch pokemon with red rings with only 1-3 normal pokeballs or 1 greatball.
The only exception was that stupid low level Persian that ran away from me yesterday.

I suppose we'll never know for sure until someone datamines the game again.

Also, pokestops seem normal to me as well.

What level are you out of curiosity?

Because this had been the norm for me too:
1 Ratatta
CP 296
Ran away.

1 Bellsprout
CP 527
Ran away.

1 Weedle
CP 116
Ran away.

He needs to go inside.
GPS Spofing.

It needs to stop. I was up to 4 gyms tonight, ad then this same guy took them all in a matter of about 5 minutes - impossible to do that without a GPS hack. So annoying.

I should have just cashed in my chips - but it was quiet and no one was around.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Guys I came across this earlier. It only occurs when switching to the app for about a fraction of a second. It behaves like a bug but appears like some sort of riddle. Can anyone decipher?

00zVuDJ.png

I have not been able to catch a Tauros since the update. Ultra balls and razz berry's do absolutely nothing. They constantly run after the first or second attempt. It's pretty annoying. I've been running into 1,000+ CP ones lately and I can't land one.

deanote666

I have not been able to catch a Tauros since the update. Ultra balls and razz berry's do absolutely nothing. They constantly run after the first or second attempt. It's pretty annoying. I've been running into 1,000+ CP ones lately and I can't land one.

What level do you start seeing 1000 CP pokemon? Level 20 here and I've only rarely seen ones in the 500's.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What level do you start seeing 1000 CP pokemon? Level 20 here and I've only rarely seen ones in the 500's.

Varies by species. Pokemon seem to be evenly distributed between lv1 and your trainer level minus 1, so if you're level 20 you have a 1 in 19 chance of running into a level 19 poke. trouble is a level 19 pidgey still only has like 400 CP. Tauros has pretty high stats, though, so if you're lv 26 and meeting Tauros there's good odds you'll meet ones over 1000.

Not sure exactly, but you should be close to seeing that yourself. I'm pretty sure I caught a 1000+ CP Seaking and Omastar at 21. I've only encountered 1000+ CP pokemon that don't evolve or if they are in their final form. Tauros, Electabuzz, Magmar and Pinsir are reguarly over 1000+ CP for me. I don't see final forms too often, but when I do they are either depressingly low (my 165 CP Blastoise) or over 1000.

Edit: I'm currently level 24.

JavyOO7

What's the point if gym spoofing?. You can only get 100 coins a day if you have 10 gyms at once.

If they are gps spoofing they probably stop at 10. But if they are jobs they can just keep going... I imagine Niantic is going to do something though eventually?

I don't really care how it's meant to be played; I'm stating something that would improve the game for me and break it for no one. I can't reasonably bike to another city, and I'm not endangering myself or others like people who play the game while they drive. It's especially bad because phone games are particularly good for commuters.
it actually becomes a game within a game to be ready to pick up the items while on the train, you gotta be quick with the flick. I was able to get in like 50 pokestops while on the trains from east LA to Santa Monica.

RedSnake

1 Ratatta
CP 296
Ran away.

1 Bellsprout
CP 527
Ran away.

1 Weedle
CP 116
Ran away.

Wow.

Bad luck I guess?

Level 70something bulbasaur...mofo ran away after the first throw.
Level 400something jigglypuff caught on first normal pokeball throw.
Level 830something hitmonchan caught on first normal pokeball throw.

No berries or anything. Level 21.

I wasn't going to say anything about this before I had more definitive proof, but in a nut shell , the Pokestop drop rates for anything other than regular pokeballs, revives, and potions have certainly been nerfed. I drive through at least 100 stops a day and certainly notice a lack of any other higher end items. The biggest impact from this change is the lack of hyper and Max potions. I'm having to be much more selective in what gyms I tackle so I don't burn through them all.

Anybody notice this since the last patch? Potions seem to be on the rare side

yup, I'm throwing away all of my pokeballs before item item farming/egg hatching around the park and yet at the end of the time I'm there I have like 200 pokeballs and maybe 3 more hyper potions. it's fucken stupid

WedgeX

Banned
That feeling when you run out of pokeballs at the grocery store.

9v9OYno.jpg

And only today I realized that there are some paper thin Pokemon.

qSdtGZ0.jpg

L Thammy

If you could hit it going past on a train, then people would definitely be trying to hit them as they drive past in a car.

Don't underestimate how fucking stupid some people are. There have been people in this thread admitting to playing the game while driving, even.

It's not a bullet train. And even then, it's harder than you might think. The Pokestop icon only changes when the waves coming out of your character hit it, not when you're within distance. You have to eyeball when you're within range of the Pokestop and hit it at exactly the right time or you'll either pass it by or hit it too early. Again, you can pass out of a Pokestop after you've clicked it, but you can't pass in, so you miss it either way.

Furthermore. If Niantic wanted to eliminate the chance that people wouldn't do stupid crap while playing Pokemon Go, the best bets are to let them wander around the map without wandering around in real life or to simply not have people play Pokemon Go at all. Since I don't think they're going to do either of those things, I think it's safe to say that they're willing to have a certain amount of risk, and I think having something be ludicrously hard to do when you aren't completely focused is adequate as a detraction from trying to hit Pokestops while driving.

it actually becomes a game within a game to be ready to pick up the items while on the train, you gotta be quick with the flick. I was able to get in like 50 pokestops while on the trains from east LA to Santa Monica.

I don't think I have fifty Pokestops on my way, but what makes it worse is that it often takes a long time between spinning the thing and the items appearing, so I pass out of range while I'm waiting for the thing to load. Hell, even when I reach Pokestops while walking, sometimes I have to wait something like thirty seconds - spinning the entire time - before the damn thing works.

Pop

1 Ratatta
CP 296
Ran away.

1 Bellsprout
CP 527
Ran away.

1 Weedle
CP 116
Ran away.

Woah

That's some bad luck

I just need 2x Bulbasaur to finally evolve into a Venasaur. They seem to be aware of this fact though and have all vanished, probably gone into hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom