• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggychan

Damn, 10 pokestops in a row and no potions. Somethings up since the update.

if I could I would love to donate/transfer all my pots to you. I am constantly getting the message that my bag is full so I keep deleting potions and revivals since I don't attack many gyms at the moment.

I'm level 18. I know the majority of people complaining are 20+ I just wanted to point out how the experienced has remained mostly the same (even improved a bit) before and after the update.
Then what you describe is consistent with what the majority of other players below level 20 are reporting, which is no change if not a slight improvement. Post 20 results are much harsher, far harsher than the scaling difficulty was before the patch. You will notice the difference the further into the 20's you go and you may see what that poster describes is not uncommon.

GulAtiCa

I've noticed a lack of potions since the new Update as well. Been really short on them. Heck, I went super heavy on getting potions from pokestops the last 2 days (including a 2 hour run through a trail full of pokestops) and this is my end result. To put this in perspective, I had 0 potions like Sunday.

Co5WtfYWIAALfgs.jpg:large

Add like 10 reg potions, 5 super potions and like 2 to 3 hyper potions that I already used to those numbers. I now however have over 250 pokeballs. Heck, that number is ok regular pokeballs themselves...

This makes me realize now that there is a huge flaw in Pokemon GO's mechanic & design. Without potions, you can't really battle gyms (not build them up). You can't even buy them, so really big issue currently. I'm surprised I didn't notice this before..

Nice hunt today. I added to the pokedex:

Snorlax
Chansey
Golduck
Kabuto
Starmie
Omanyte
Machop
Hitmonlee

Also saw a Lickitung, Dratini and Blastoise but I didn't make it in time and an Ivysaur ran away.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think Niantic fucked with the radar sorting.....it seems top right of the list is actually closest now and it pops every fucking time first. This might be why we think the radar may be broken is that sorting has been screwed with.

hirokazu

I think Niantic fucked with the radar sorting.....it seems top right of the list is actually closest now and it pops every fucking time first. This might be why we think the radar may be broken is that sorting has been screwed with.
The sorting has never been in any particular order ever since it displayed three footprints for everything. You can compare it with somebody else's Nearby list, if they were sorted, the ones that do appear on both would all be in the same relative order. They're not.

ViciousDS

Banned
The sorting has never been in any particular order ever since it displayed three footprints for everything.

see thats what I thought too.....except that top row definitely signifies something....I'm just trying to figure it out lol......
its probably fucking nothing

also did anyone hear the rumor that due to the API refresh rate being slowed that biking may possibly have nerfed for hatching eggs?

Holy shit, fucking finally after almost a month! Hatched from a 2km egg.

sD0tvJ2.jpg

This area is dry as fuck for Charmanders and Bulbasaurs. Quite a few Squirtles. Wish I'd known that when I picked a Squirtle to begin with >_>

Toki767

I've been saying this for 2 weeks now lol

Sora_N

Because of this game I have been out in the real world a lot and hung out with old friends and coworkers as well to play.

I finally got to 22 through evolve cheesing and the grind is real to 23.

1 Ratatta
CP 296
9 Poke Balls: 2 missed, 7 broke frees.
Ran away.

1 Bellsprout
CP 527
2 Razzberry 3 Great Balls: 3 broke frees.
Ran away.

1 Weedle
CP 116
4 Poke Balls: 1 missed, 3 broke frees.
Ran away.

This was one after the other. Almost threw my phone in frustration.

Ratatta CP 43
6 Poke Balls: 2 miss 4 Break outs
Ran away

Pidgey 10 CP
4 Poke Balls: 1 miss 3 Broke out
Ran away

Pinsir 173 CP
12 Poke Balls: 5 miss 7 Broke free
5 Raz Berries
Ran away

Eevee 27 CP
8 Poke Balls: 4 miss 4 broke free
Ran away

That's just off the top of my head. I was about to quit than I ran into a 397 Dratini, caught it with one Poke Ball, and I'm determined to make it great.

I know the feels. I love/hate this game.

Azole

Neo Member
if I could I would love to donate/transfer all my pots to you. I am constantly getting the message that my bag is full so I keep deleting potions and revivals since I don't attack many gyms at the moment.

Same here... Although I do battle gyms, it is not enough to justify having that many potions and revives... Those are always the one I delete.

adamy

Banned
I've noticed a lack of potions since the new Update as well. Been really short on them. Heck, I went super heavy on getting potions from pokestops the last 2 days (including a 2 hour run through a trail full of pokestops) and this is my end result. To put this in perspective, I had 0 potions like Sunday.

Add like 10 reg potions, 5 super potions and like 2 to 3 hyper potions that I already used to those numbers. I now however have over 250 pokeballs. Heck, that number is ok regular pokeballs themselves...

This makes me realize now that there is a huge flaw in Pokemon GO's mechanic & design. Without potions, you can't really battle gyms (not build them up). You can't even buy them, so really big issue currently. I'm surprised I didn't notice this before..

Can't say I'm having the same issues

I literally toss every potion and revive besides max potions

image.png

I've had a 2km and two 5km eggs hatched today. In the 2km hatched a 536CP Squirtle and the two 5kms hatched a 410CP Poliwag and a 505CP Goldeen. First of all, I never see any water Pokemon where I live, so it was very pleasant to get 3 water Pokemon from all my eggs today. Secondly, I chose Squirtle as my starter and have not seen another one until today which really sucks because now I have to hope I get its evolutions either by luck of the hatch or luck of the catch. :(

GulAtiCa

I want those potions! :(

I've also constantly throwing revives away. I really never need more then 20 a day. And I get them often.

What level do you get Max Potion at?

Holy hell at your 700 item limit. lol. Mine is currently 400. I might soon use my coins to buy another item bag increase.

adamy

Banned
I want those potions! :(

I've also constantly throwing revives away. I really never need more then 20 a day. And I get them often.

What level do you get Max Potion at?

Holy hell at your 700 item limit. lol. Mine is currently 400. I might soon use my coins to buy another item bag increase.

Can't remb when you start getting max potions...I think maybe 25?

Edit: and yeah, bag upgrade and incubators are the best upgrades in the shop imho

Lucky eggs are good but you don't need many since they're best when used to mass evolve shit

So I'm pretty sure my area has a bunch of spoofers. Every gym is now snorlax, dragonite, gyrados, lapras. Same several people.

at one of the gyms a guy seems to spoof in order to auto help taking out a gym once you get to the last pokemon to battle, then he takes the gym

GulAtiCa

Since I hit max limit with so many pokeballs. I decided to spend some of my reserve coins, that I was saving for a raining day to buy 200 pokeballs, on them. I have 4 now total (including 1 that's free). Used them to help get rid of the last of my remaining 5k eggs, to make sure all my pokemon eggs were post lever 20.

I hatched a Sandshrew (funny since I just got it this morning as well on my way to work lol), a Growlithe and 2 Oddishes (at like 92 candies, need like 35 more!)

I've been having no good luck with lures, but a lot of good luck with Incense ironically. I might buy more of those. Comes in handy during my runs. Today was light yield, but did result in a Squirtle!

adamy

Banned
So I'm pretty sure my area has a bunch of spoofers. Every gym is now snorlax, dragonite, gyrados, lapras. Same several people.

Why does that mean spoofers...?

I've caught several snorlax and dragonite...no lapras and gyrados cuz I've had 0 luck with water Pokemon, but I'm at the point where if I see snorlax on tracker I don't bother looking

masud

Banned
I'm low on potions and all my good Pokemon are at 1 hp. I grind pokestops for an hour and end up with 1 hyper potion 4 regular potions and 80 fucking pokeballs... How are you even supposed to do gyms now?

crazyprac

Why does that mean spoofers...?

I've caught several snorlax and dragonite...no lapras and gyrados cuz I've had 0 luck with water Pokemon, but I'm at the point where if I see snorlax on tracker I don't bother looking

I was talking about people GPS spoofing. All those Pokemon's are very rare in our area (heck been using Pokemon map since those footsteps been taken away), then past few days all the gyms are stacked with the same combination. We just tried taking over a gym and moments later same users took it over and there was no one around us. We just gave up. Our area used to have mostly red and blue and a few yellows. Now they are all red with same Pokemon's.

Did notice there's a new spawning point for ryhorns and magnetites...

adamy

Banned
Since I hit max limit with so many pokeballs. I decided to spend some of my reserve coins, that I was saving for a raining day to buy 200 pokeballs, on them. I have 4 now total (including 1 that's free). Used them to help get rid of the last of my remaining 5k eggs, to make sure all my pokemon eggs were post lever 20.

I hatched a Sandshrew (funny since I just got it this morning as well on my way to work lol), a Growlithe and 2 Oddishes (at like 92 candies, need like 35 more!)

I've been having no good luck with lures, but a lot of good luck with Incense ironically. I might buy more of those. Comes in handy during my runs. Today was light yield, but did result in a Squirtle!

Incense is great if you're moving (and not moving too fast)

Running/slower bike rides + incense results in a fuck ton of Pokemon

akileese

1 Ratatta
CP 296
9 Poke Balls: 2 missed, 7 broke frees.
Ran away.

1 Bellsprout
CP 527
2 Razzberry 3 Great Balls: 3 broke frees.
Ran away.

1 Weedle
CP 116
4 Poke Balls: 1 missed, 3 broke frees.
Ran away.

This was one after the other. Almost threw my phone in frustration.

That's some pretty terrible luck. I had 4 out of 12 take more than 1 pokeballs. 2 were orange weedles (one ran away), one was an orange caterprie, the other was an orange bellsprout. They all took 3.

Saya

Is using a website like Pokeadvisor safe? I don't want to be falsely flagged as a cheater and banned later. I kinda want to check the IV on my pokemon but dont want to be bothered checking each one manually.

domlolz

Banned
hmmm im hesitant to jump to conclusions but the only difference ive noticed since the update is that pokemon are fleeing alot more often. even the low cp stuff is fleeing a few pokeballs in. i had a pretty good stash of razzberries until tonight where i had to keep using them. maybe its level related as ive just recently got to level 16.

thats the only difference ive noticed

e: then again this golduck only took one berry and one pokeball

3rzuD2zc.jpg

PdgaTpuY.jpg

domlolz

Banned
Is using a website like Pokeadvisor safe? I don't want to be falsely flagged as a cheater and banned later. I kinda want to check the IV on my pokemon but dont want to be bothered checking each one manually.

of all the stuff niantic should be banning people for i doubt pokeadvisor is even on the list.

eek5

of all the stuff niantic should be banning people for i doubt pokeadvisor is even on the list.

It logs into your account with pgoapi, the same bootleg 3rd party api interface that botters and scrapers use and we know that there are bytes being sent by the real client that the fake api doesn't send which means it should be easy to flag any accounts that access api with "fake" clients.

I wouldn't risk it unless you don't mind getting banned.

On a scale of 0 to ban it probably goes: Playing legit -> MITM with old version of app -> removing SSL pinning to MITM with new version of app -> using pokeadvisor -> obvious spoofing/botting

Haha thanks man. That was me too over the weekend. I deleted 50 while at Universal, now I'm on the streets begging for them.

domlolz

Banned
It logs into your account with pgoapi, the same bootleg 3rd party api interface that botters and scrapers use and we know that there are bytes being sent by the real client that the fake api doesn't send which means it should be easy to flag any accounts that access api with "fake" clients.

I wouldn't risk it unless you don't mind getting banned.

On a scale of 0 to ban it probably goes: Playing legit -> MITM with old version of app -> removing SSL pinning to MITM with new version of app -> using pokeadvisor -> obvious spoofing/botting

oh, i stand corrected. well, i hope i dont get banned.

eek5

oh, i stand corrected. well, i hope i dont get banned.

I see a lot of comments about how it seems harmless and you probably won't get banned. That might be true but Niantic is ass-backwards. They suffer big time from "not-from-us" syndrome and hate it when people don't play the game they way they've intended. They have banned people in ingress for using a javascript add-on that made their default intel-map website usable in the past. They can be really black and white when it comes to ToS violations and logging into the app with an unauthorized client is a clear ToS violation. It kind of annoys me that pokeadvisor doesn't make this more clear. It should be more obvious that you use the service at your own risk.

Saya

Thanks. I think I'll not use it then, unless Niantic comes out saying it will be ok. Don't want to get banned and lose all my progress and pokemon. Not worth it.

Starting to lose interest in this game. At level 23 and have a ton of good pokemon, pretty much every pokemon I wanted besides gengar. Pokescanner and the python script were making sure I was having fun but now that that's pretty much dead as it scans super slow I see no reason to play unless I wanna catch pidgeys all day. Is there any hope someone will figure out a way to keep those programs running? Went to 2 major st Louis parks today and not a single interesting catch. And now that pokemon are harder to catch I don't even get excited when I see one I want. Found gengar twice in the last few days and he ran both times on the first throw. Sorry for long rant.

eek5

Starting to lose interest in this game. At level 23 and have a ton of good pokemon, pretty much every pokemon I wanted besides gengar. Pokescanner and the python script were making sure I was having fun but now that that's pretty much dead as it scans super slow I see no reason to play unless I wanna catch pidgeys all day. Is there any hope someone will figure out a way to keep those programs running? Went to 2 major st Louis parks today and not a single interesting catch. And now that pokemon are harder to catch I don't even get excited when I see one I want. Found gengar twice in the last few days and he ran both times on the first throw. Sorry for long rant.

Hey just a heads up: Pokescanner has an alpha version that lets you use multiple accounts to multi-thread scan and it's much faster now! https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanner/comments/4vmai5/v180_alpha_build_002/

In sadder news, Niantic throttled requests again and you can only scan once every 10 seconds but having 10 or so accounts should be pretty quick still.

You'll have to wait for pokescanner devs to update the app to reduce requests to 1 every 10 second per account though.

Hey just a heads up: Pokescanner has an alpha version that lets you use multiple accounts to multi-thread scan and it's much faster now!

In sadder news, Niantic throttled requests again and you can only scan once every 10 seconds but having 10 or so accounts should be pretty quick still.
Any chance you could and me a link kind sir?
Edit: nvm found it. Thank you so so so much for the heads up

eek5

Any chance you could and me a link kind sir?
Edit: nvm found it. Thank you so so so much for the heads up

Sorry, I edited my post. Keep in mind the alpha and current version still scan once every 5 seconds per account. You'll have to wait for devs to update the app to have the scan delay at 10 seconds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeScanne...cement_niantec_has_changed_the_api_yet_again/

Right now every other step will return no data so you might not see every pokemon that's out there.

edit: Also btw, this new 10s per request call affects regular users as well. It means if you travel over 15mph you'll miss pokemon. Not a problem for people walking but if you bike or are a passenger in a car or whatever you're going to encounter a lot more dead zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom