• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's cheating :

Which is why I'm only considering it and not doing it. Even then, there's this one guy in my area who's doing it, so it's kind of annoying. Gonna keep an eye out to see if he still does. If so, I might do it only for the gym bonus on my main account. I dunno.

Acinixys

Seems they dropped a server side update that broke ALL scanners and bots

Just great

No footprints and now no maps either

I shed no tears for botters though

Kyuur

Which is why I'm only considering it and not doing it. Even then, there's this one guy in my area who's doing it, so it's kind of annoying. Gonna keep an eye out to see if he still does. If so, I might do it only for the gym bonus on my main account. I dunno.

I mean, I go out with my fiancee and take/train gyms together. I don't really consider that cheating, so I wouldn't consider this to be..

Looks like my suspicions were right, they changed the API to block all third party tracking: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongodev/comments/4w0jum/all_ptcgoogle_logins_failing_from_api/

It's just sad that whenever something is up your first thoughts are about whatever Niantic is going to fuck up this time.

Nice to see -- should be a blow to bots and what not for at least a little bit.

Fuck you. Niantic.

I don't like ripping on developers because work is work, but incompetence needs to be brought to light when noticed. I accept my mistakes whenever I'm being incompetent and I'll try to make up for it. Niantic is purposely trying to do the opposite.

Fuck you, Niantic. You tech companies making games don't know what the fuck you're doing. Not everything is a Zero Tolerance zone, and that's what makes games fun and interesting. You have ruined all the tracking, all the timing, all the scanning, all the other GREAT services that fixes your issues, and are instead focused on shutting down websites than focusing on fixing your fucking game! I am not even calling it a game anymore. It's an app. It's an app made by a tech company that is trying it's best to salvage this fucking mess they've made. Good luck spending time closing all the tracker loopholes and rendering your own fucking game useless.

So yeah... Niantic just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Pokemon Go culture (I'm an expert), but tracking and walking aimlessly are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Digimon where you can collect them all by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Pokemon Go, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Pokemon Go players, after hearing about this, is not going to want to play Pokemon for either systems, nor will they purchase any of Niantic games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Niantic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Niantic, publicly apologize and stop BREAKING THIS GAME or you can kiss your business goodbye.

JakeD

Well the pokéwalk I promised my son for this afternoon just became a lot less fun. He's 7 and even he's tired of catching the same old shit

I am glad they are doing this... just wish they would make their own tracking already.

Yep, this would be totally fine with most people if they would fix the tracking and stop making the game worse for legit players.

"Oh shit people are using bots with perfect throws to level up quick? Remove XP bonus for all players!"
"Third Party scanners? Throttle API access for everyone so people can't play on bikes anymore!"

I take the tram in my city every day and since the 10 second refresh I encounter almost no Pokemon on my route except for at stops. It's getting really annoying.

MutFox

Banned
Ever since the update, I've been seeing more crap Pokemon than anything.
And the crap Pokemon are harder to catch.

Why?

MutFox

Banned
Everything is harder to catch...well not harder, they just jump and dodge/attack a lot now. Which can be annoying.

Or they keep getting out of balls at super low CP levels. Even with raspberries.
Then after you waste a bunch of balls and berries, they escape.

Low level common Pokemon shouldn't do that.
It makes no sense.

acm2000

Or they keep getting out of balls at super low CP levels. Even with raspberries.
Then after you waste a bunch of balls and berries, they escape.

Low level common Pokemon shouldn't do that.
It makes no sense.

make sure you get a nice, great or excellant throw, they escape a lot less/not at all

MutFox

Banned
make sure you get a nice, great or excellant throw, they escape a lot less/not at all

Always goin for those... :p

Still get them, but just annoying that low CP level stuff is harder to catch than high CP stuff at times.

I think it's a bug, it's gotta be.

GeNoMe

Playing this game feels like being in an abusive relationship. I LOVE the game when it does everything right (first week). And I fucking hate it when it doesn't. But I keep coming back even when it's the latter. I keep playing this gimped out version that's not even playable to begin with.

When are we gonna finally play the game as it's intended to be. I'm real tired of this shit, and I feel like i'm losing more and more interest :(

Chaos17

Looks like Niantic shut down all trackers. The python script is not working anymore.

Even the Pokenearby that a gaffer was keeping died too... RIP...
But gps cheaters on twitch are still alive!
flipping-the-table-text-emoticon-1637.png

At least Pokeadvisor is still up, phew

Yeah it's a shame because that gaffer is basically doing Niantic's job.
If only Niantic put as much effort in fixing their game as they do in shuting down sites and apps that do what the game should be doing and motivate people to keep playing...

I've got a 15€ App Store gift card next to my computer waiting to be turned into Pokecoins since the first Monday after the tracker broke, i made myself a promise to not spend it until the game is fixed and enjoyable again.

hirokazu

Yep, this would be totally fine with most people if they would fix the tracking and stop making the game worse for legit players.

"Oh shit people are using bots with perfect throws to level up quick? Remove XP bonus for all players!"
"Third Party scanners? Throttle API access for everyone so people can't play on bikes anymore!"

I take the tram in my city every day and since the 10 second refresh I encounter almost no Pokemon on my route except for at stops. It's getting really annoying.
They removed the XP bonus for good throws?! No wonder I caught a Clefairy with Nice and got no bonus. :(

Doesn't this API change disable bots anyway? Until people figure out how the API changes work.

Doesn't this API change disable bots anyway? Until people figure out how the API changes work.

This time it might, but the last attempts were all just this: Niantic: Throttle refresh rate from 1s to 5s -> trackers just increase dummy accounts to make up for the loss -> Niantic: Throttle refresh rate from 5s to 10s -> trackers just increase dummy accounts to make up for the loss.

Growlie19

Went downtown to restock up on balls, and boy, what a difference it made. I started the day with barely anything, but ended with over 100 Pokés, 40 Greats, and 25 Ultras. I even found a Dratini and Magnemite while there! And to make things even better, I had some great eggs hatched. Abra and Charmander were brand new, and I got my second Growlithe and third Geodude. I just need 15 more candy for my first Arcanine!

dity

Went out to watch the sun rise, set up a lure, an incense, and a lucky egg. Ended up with a bunch of Pokemon. I caught an Ivysaur with around 500cp~ (and another later at home), some other Pokemon for candies (barely any pidgies or zubat), and ended up evolving both a Squirtle and Exeggcute. Ended up with a Wartotle close to 900cp, and a Exeggcutor just over a whopping 1500cp! Pretty happy with that.

Fuck you. Niantic.

I don't like ripping on developers because work is work, but incompetence needs to be brought to light when noticed. I accept my mistakes whenever I'm being incompetent and I'll try to make up for it. Niantic is purposely trying to do the opposite.

Fuck you, Niantic. You tech companies making games don't know what the fuck you're doing. Not everything is a Zero Tolerance zone, and that's what makes games fun and interesting. You have ruined all the tracking, all the timing, all the scanning, all the other GREAT services that fixes your issues, and are instead focused on shutting down websites than focusing on fixing your fucking game! I am not even calling it a game anymore. It's an app. It's an app made by a tech company that is trying it's best to salvage this fucking mess they've made. Good luck spending time closing all the tracker loopholes and rendering your own fucking game useless.

So yeah... Niantic just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Pokemon Go culture (I'm an expert), but tracking and walking aimlessly are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Digimon where you can collect them all by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Pokemon Go, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Pokemon Go players, after hearing about this, is not going to want to play Pokemon for either systems, nor will they purchase any of Niantic games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Niantic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Niantic, publicly apologize and stop BREAKING THIS GAME or you can kiss your business goodbye.

The game's making a ton of money, it's getting more popular, and Niantic said they're working on an even better tracker than the steps system.

FFMafia

The game's making a ton of money, it's getting more popular, and Niantic said they're working on an even better tracker than the steps system.

That comment is a reoccurring joke on gaf, I've seen that template used for so many topics haha

Toki767

fUCK.

I thought the (I'm an expert) was suspicious, but I've never seen the full post that it comes from before. Probs cos I barely hang out on gaming side.

That's how you know you really have to take a step back and stop being defensive over every little post.

Kyuur

I'm consistently amazed by the level of salt in here. Maybe I should pay attention and see if its the same posters over and over. I really shouldn't be surprised given how ubiquitous
cheating
using the map applications became in here.

Completely different problem to address -- this ones shuts down the more troublesome 24/7 autoplaying bots at least for a while.

That comment is a reoccurring joke on gaf, I've seen that template used for so many topics haha

I'm not even sure, because while the second half contains the usual joke the first seems like a genuine angry rant. Like he's trying to jokingly play off his anger.

CrazE

Banned
I've had like 4 now....is that rare?

I got an Onix, a Ponyta, a Dratini, and a Electabuzz out of them.

I've yet to see any of those in the wild before or since I hatched them..lol.

I've had 3 total so far and 2 right now are cooking in the hopper! I'm a level 15

Dragoshi1

Servers DID crash or something? I was in and kept trying to challenge a gym, when countdown got to the GO part, it sent me back out with an error at the top of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom