• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got two Magmars next to each other, CP 337 and 407 at level 7, much higher than what I usually get. Will there be even higher CP mons around at higher levels or should I just waste my stardust on these?

My first 10k was an Eevvee, I swear if this 2nd 10k is another my phone is going in the river

I've only ever picked up 1 10k egg. Luckily it was a 95% IV Chansey, not that I'd be doing any major battling with it. Been toying with the idea of powering it up for shits and giggles to sit on a gym for 10 minutes.

Ok I'm in the mall and there's this gym that some group fighting over, changing team like every minute hahah

Watch the gym on your screen. When the fireworks/lightning starts, wait for the stage to turn white, and drop a Pokemon on there. Yeah, be that guy.

Chaos17

Uh, no. They should not have banned them. There was a Pokémon swap glitch going on. If you encountered a Pidgey, the server had a chance on screwing up and that Pokémon could become any other Pokémon, including legendaries. Just randomly. No cheating. Entirely Niantic and the servers fault. Thousands of people encountered this bug, people on NeoGAF were reporting it, however only a few were lucky enough for it to glitch into a legendary.... You don't ban people for not cheating and playing your game normally. Not their fault Niantic screwed up.

I'm aware of the glidth but all the Reddit and Noegaf guys never got a legendary, it was random dude who posted his legendary and even posted that screenshot

y6fwJLW.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4vtmcy/this_is_the_email_from_the_fake_articuno_girl_in/

It's good for that person that Niantic gave him the benefit of doubt, tho.

scotcheggz

My gf is having a weird issue, when she opens Pokemon go, it tells her she needs to update and when she clicks the update pop up , it takes her to the App Store for Apple test flight?? Really weird.. does anyone know anything about this? Hopefully it's simple, deleting the app and redone loading is possible, but a little pain since she has Korean App Store and to download it initially we had to change her store to UK to get Pokemon go and then back again. This is all on IOS btw.

Pejo

Last week I went to the embarcadero in SF and shot up from 7 Magicarp candies to 231. Next time I'll have my Gyarados for sure.

Also, got like 15 water pokemon that I didn't even see outside of that area, including Golduck, Seaking, Dratini, Tentacool (and cruel) and finally a Slowpoke (my favorite).

It makes me wonder if I have to hang out at a volcano to finally get some Ponyta and Charmanders though.

zroid

Banned
yass a Weezing spawned in my living room just now. makes up for the Electabuzz I just missed earlier. :D

I had a few Koffings but I was far away from having enough candy to evolve one.

Toki767

Last week I went to the embarcadero in SF and shot up from 7 Magicarp candies to 231. Next time I'll have my Gyarados for sure.

Also, got like 15 water pokemon that I didn't even see outside of that area, including Golduck, Seaking, Dratini, Tentacool (and cruel) and finally a Slowpoke (my favorite).

It makes me wonder if I have to hang out at a volcano to finally get some Ponyta and Charmanders though.
Rincon Park next to the Ferry Building (the giant Cupid bow and arrow) is actually a Charmander nest.

I wish battles were turn-based with more strategy.

Well, from the 4 month old post that Chaos17 mentioned in this previous post:
It sounds like in the old field test versions that got data-mined, they had experimented with a stamina system (ala dark souls) and timed-based rounds (a bit like ATB basically) and you could even use items in gym combat. I like the sound of the old system better personally XD
That said, it does note that it's speculative so they could've just been misunderstanding the energy system and real-time systems: it's hard to say :/

Svafnir

I'm aware of the glidth but all the Reddit and Noegaf guys never got a legendary, it was random dude who posted his legendary and even posted that screenshot

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4vtmcy/this_is_the_email_from_the_fake_articuno_girl_in/

It's good for that person that Niantic gave him the benefit of doubt, tho.

Many more people than that found a legendary or region exclusive. The comment Niantic made themselves confirms it was more than one.

That Articuno and Niantic email story was obvious bullshit. But there was a ton of other facebook posts of people finding legendaries... for some reason everyone just latched onto that one Articuno and her trying to make up some bs of why she had it.

Arrrammis

any "easy way" to get stardust?
i have tons of pokèmon in need of training but very little stardust to do so

I think you can only get stardust from catching pokemon or the daily gym reward. You get 500 stardust per gym held once every 21 hours, so that can be the fastest if you have gyms around you.

any "easy way" to get stardust?
i have tons of pokèmon in need of training but very little stardust to do so
You're awarded stardust every time you catch or hatch a pokemon and 500 for every gym you have when you collect your defender bonus. That's the only methods I'm aware (do you get any for evolving pokemon? I forget :eek: )

So Niantic is now forcing me to Update to 0.31.1, I can't get past the login screen and get the ironic message of "A new version of Pokemon Go is available, do you want to update now?" With the only option being "Ok" which directs me to the App Store. Why even ask if I have no choice? Bye bye good throw bonus and battery saver i guess...

Cagey

Banned
To the Dragonite that spawned somewhere near my office and induced a mad scramble outside about an hour ago... I love you, please come back.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Well, from the 4 month old post that Chaos17 mentioned in this previous post:

It sounds like in the old field test versions that got data-mined, they had experimented with a stamina system (ala dark souls) and timed-based rounds (a bit like ATB basically) and you could even use items in gym combat. I like the sound of the old system better personally XD
That said, it does note that it's speculative so they could've just been misunderstanding the energy system and real-time systems: it's hard to say :/

Yeah what we have now is button mashing with little to no strategy. Maybe they didn't want to complicate it.

jennetics

Even if escape rates haven't changed, holy shit Weedle's suddenly have some balls on them. These guys are constantly just "pffftttt"'ing at my throws and escaping without any issues.

Qwark

Pokemon Go Dev 'Revokes' Legendary Pokemon from Trainer Accounts Following Articuno Appearance
They should've banned them!
And why we don't read it directly from Niantics facebook page ? -.-

Edit: seems Tweeter Niantics is alive.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/760881569506680832

Uh, no. They should not have banned them. There was a Pokémon swap glitch going on. If you encountered a Pidgey, the server had a chance on screwing up and that Pokémon could become any other Pokémon, including legendaries. Just randomly. No cheating. Entirely Niantic and the servers fault. Thousands of people encountered this bug, people on NeoGAF were reporting it, however only a few were lucky enough for it to glitch into a legendary.... You don't ban people for not cheating and playing your game normally. Not their fault Niantic screwed up.

From a comment on the IGN article (haven't researched myself).

So just to clarify,reddit figured this one out last night. They changed the pokemon "skin" by changing the poked ex registry number, affecting the change client side. Basically, they had an "articuno" but in reality it was a Pidgeot. If they put it in a gym, we would all see a pidgeot. But on there device they see an Articuno. What Niantic did was they removed the pokemon ( it had no movement animations when viewed externally, really easy to see) and now they don't have it. Don't kn9w why people are bashing Niantic

It was not the random Pokemon glitch, and Niantic didn't "revoke" it, so much as take the sprite out (maybe? I'm not totally sure how to interpret that part). Again, I haven't followed up on Reddit about it, but that would align with them faking the email.

Joni

So Niantic is now forcing me to Update to 0.31.1, I can't get past the login screen and get the ironic message of "A new version of Pokemon Go is available, do you want to update now?" With the only option being "Ok" which directs me to the App Store. Why even ask if I have no choice? Bye bye good throw bonus and battery saver i guess...

I had the same surprise. Too bad, I loved catching Pokémon.

My first 10k was an Eevvee, I swear if this 2nd 10k is another my phone is going in the river

Wait, it's possible to get a second 10K? Who knew?

Also, I'm five minutes into using a lure and have gotten precisely one Pokemon, a 78 CP ratatta that ran away immediately. They didn't nerf lures now too, did they?

Toki767

Also, I'm five minutes into using a lure and have gotten precisely one Pokemon, a 78 CP ratatta that ran away immediately. They didn't nerf lures now too, did they?

I actually think lured pokemon seem to have a higher flee rate than wild pokemon.

Svafnir

From a comment on the IGN article (haven't researched myself).

It was not the random Pokemon glitch, and Niantic didn't "revoke" it, so much as take the sprite out (maybe? I'm not totally sure how to interpret that part). Again, I haven't followed up on Reddit about it, but that would align with them faking the email.

No sorry man, the email has nothing to do with this. Niantic removed the Pokemon from peoples accounts, if this was merely the spoofing and clientside, niantic could do NOTHING, because it would only be clientside. Nor would they care, that's possible in every game ever.

There was a real articuno and other legendary Pokemon, there was also people faking legendary Pokemon. They don't cancel each other out, both happened.

Login servers just down. Could be a crash or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean anyone is doing anything.

Pobably, it just seems a little suspicious to me that after days of stable servers the game shuts down an hour after they block old versions from logging in.

No sorry man, the email has nothing to do with this. Niantic removed the Pokemon from peoples accounts, if this was merely the spoofing and clientside, niantic could do NOTHING, because it would only be clientside. Nor would they care, that's possible in every game ever.

There was a real articuno and other legendary Pokemon, there was also people faking legendary Pokemon. They don't cancel each other out, both happened.

Link? I'm trying to catch up on all this. Can't believe I missed the glitch.

boxter432

are you sitting in one spot? if so, a pokemon shows up about every 5 minutes. if you go out and walk, its more like 1 minute or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom