• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be unlocking Great balls tomorrow it seems and I expect them to help a lot since I'm starting to run into Pokemon who seem virtually impossible to catch without them. How on Earth some of you hit level 30 already is beyond me. I've been playing since launch day and am scraping my way to level 12 with cookie cutter evolutions.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Former Community Manager for Niantic, Brian Rose

img_1162bxkae.jpg

Toki767

What bugs did they fix exactly? Cause it's not like an update went out other than them changing to refresh time to 10 seconds and seemingly changing their APIs to disable all trackers.

Those aren't exactly bugs. I guess unless you count them removing people's legendary pokemon that they did nothing wrong to get.

From what I can tell the Poké Ball freeze glitch is gone (or least infinitely rarer) and pulling up the iOS slide-up menu thing during a toss doesn't completely break the game anymore.

Jarsonot

Releasing to more places means more money - that seems like a much higher priority to them.

If you live in Brazil or Mexico I would think the launch would be a higher priority for you as well. I know I wouldn't like it if they chose to continuously update the game instead of launching it in my country first and THEN updating.

Do you disagree?

dity

From what I can tell the Poké Ball freeze glitch is gone (or least infinitely rarer) and pulling up the iOS slide-up menu thing during a toss doesn't completely break the game anymore.

Since the update I haven't encountered the ball glitch, the 1hp gym glitch, or gym damage lag. Makes shit much easier.

Jarsonot

How are you supposed to throw the ball? As fast as you can?

No, some Pokémon are further away, requiring longer throws, but some are pretty close. You'll get the feel for it pretty quickly.

I started out throwing straight up from the center of my screen, but have switched to swirling the ball around in a fast circle and then swiping it diagonally up and right. It curves and (for me) more reliably hits the Pokémon.

The Cowboy

If you live in Brazil or Mexico I would think the launch would be a higher priority for you as well. I know I wouldn't like it if they chose to continuously update the game instead of launching it in my country first and THEN updating.

Do you disagree?
I actually do disagree, it's not a release ready game and I'd rather it not be out and released when it's actually release ready (which it clearly isn't).

Barring that, they should stop putting strain on the game and fix it before releasing it to more places - but they are cashing in and that's more important.

Qwark

Weird request, anybody have a link to that Pikachu/Bulbasaur meme? It's the one about the wrong Pokemon glitch, the player catches a Pikachu, and then it turns into a Pikachu themed Bulbasaur. Been looking for 20 minutes and can't find it but I know I saw it somewhere.

Here you go

Thank you!

Jarsonot

I actually do disagree, it's not a release ready game and I'd rather it not be out and released when it's actually release ready (which it clearly isn't).

Barring that, they should stop putting strain on the game and fix it before releasing it to more places - but they are cashing in and that's more important.

Millions of people are playing it and continue to play it, leading me to believe they're enjoying it. A game that is regularly being enjoyed by millions is release ready.

Sure they've got features they want to add, things they want to fix, but you're suggesting that we get those features before other countries can even play the game?

Again, if you were living in Brazil or Mexico I think you'd feel differently. As is, it sounds like "fuck them, make it better for me."

I get your frustration, I just don't think it's necessarily a cash grab.

Ultryx

I get your frustration, I just don't think it's necessarily a cash grab.

I think I agree. Does it make more sense to get the release out in all the countries they planned on and then really, really focus on adding the other features post-release. This way they can still make small improvements over the course of the roll out?

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright, they changed something to lures

My area used to have an amazing variety near the water. For a total of 5 hours sitting at the beach.

100% magnamite and voltorbs for two fucking days straight. It has been a serious shit show of lures. Everyone in my neighborhood is about to quit now because the social aspect of getting excited at the beach is gone. Why waste lures when it's now set for what Pokemon show up at lures. Something was definitely done

GunBR

Here in Brazil I live in a city with more than 200.000 people and don't found a single gym or pokestop

At least I still have 50 pokeballs

I kind of don't understand what Niantic is thinking with some of the changes. Mixing up the nests was cool for the most part, though the drastic drop in Dratini nests was not so great. But if the lure change is true, it's just another thing to add to the list of alienating changes: throttling the API to 10 seconds (which I get from a botting perspective but still), glitches/changes involving the nice/great/excellent bonuses, increasing pokemon aggression, and so on. I'm not even counting the tracker thing because I do think that will return eventually, but if you're being uncharitable there's that too.

I don't really get what the end game is here. The joke about Niantic wanting people to stop playing their game feels weirdly true sometimes. What was wrong with the game before, that these changes had to be made? The API throttle is about the only thing that has a plausible explanation, and even then, why the increase from 5 to 10? If today's additional change to the API manages to knock out most botters for good, why didn't you just jump to that mitigation strategy instead of screwing people in cars, transit and bikes?

Tobe

just released in peru, an im level 3 when a wild arcanine appeared, this mf didnt get caught, was i too low of level to catch him?

Fireblend

Banned
Finally got to level 23! And today the app was officially released here in Costa Rica. Yay!

I also noticed Niantic posted on FB again. So happy to see them learning from their mistakes; it took them waaaay too long to post the first one, but whatever, I hope they can keep this up.

Should be unlocking Great balls tomorrow it seems and I expect them to help a lot since I'm starting to run into Pokemon who seem virtually impossible to catch without them. How on Earth some of you hit level 30 already is beyond me. I've been playing since launch day and am scraping my way to level 12 with cookie cutter evolutions.

It helps to live in an urban densely populated area. I've only made 5 PoGo exclusive trips around the city and I'm nearly to level 20. Most of my PoGo playing is sitting at my desk at work where I can catch Pidgeys, Rattatas, and Meowth all day while jumping between 5 Pokestops. (I know I'm lucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom