• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
I gotta say, I hate to say it, but this game has kinda died for me because of no tracking (in/out of game).

I was running and walking hours a day because of dashing to get Pokemon I wanted. I was meeting people doing the same, talking to people I would never have normally spoken to, and was making new friends.

Now, I have to force myself to bother going out just to grind some crappy vermin hoping against hope I'll accidentally stumble into the very very few things I still need to get.

The nearby radar is cruel. It'll show up with a Charmander, say, staring at you, and you just KNOW there's no way you'll ever find it.

(mat)

NOOOOOO! I couldn't find it! Got the Onix, but the Snorlax was nowhere to be found! :'(

ybjQFvW.png

JavyOO7

Where in Miami are you getting all the Magikarps? I got most of mine (around 300 candies atm) from Town and Country Mall, around the lake but yesterday I was only able to catch 4. Last weekend I went to Southpointe Marina in Miami Beach and was able to catch around 20 Magikarps, but the marina is way too far from where I live. By the way, we caught 3 Datrinis in Town and Country yesterday night.

Got all those magikarps from Bayfront Park yesterday, next to Bayside. Me and a few buddies were there from 7:30p - 10:00p. I really want to go there again so see if the same thing happens again. I hope so!

I completely forgot Town and Country... I will try there tomorrow!

eek5

I've renamed the last 2 eevees to get vaporeons and got 2 jolteons. Either it has been patched or I'm doing it wrong. (It was working for me in the past)

You can only use naming once per "round". After you use all 3 it resets and you can use them again. So if you've only done rainer/pyro you'll have to evolve a jolteon with name trick before you can get vaporeon again with rainer naming trick.

Apparently the notion that rain brings out water Pokemon is true. It's been raining these past couple of days, and there were a few Tentacool at the park, which I've never seen before. Also caught a Dugtrio and Rhydon. Also tried challenging a Gym and failed, and in retrospect, should have realized I could've picked more powerful Pokemon for my team.

AdanVC

NOOOOOO! I couldn't find it! Got the Onix, but the Snorlax was nowhere to be found! :'(

See, Niantic?? This is the kind of stuff that is making tons of people get mad and even stop playing Go! Seeing a silhouette on the nearby list but not being able to track where exactly is despite being on the very first row and then boom! It dissapears because the Pokémon despawned. Worst feeling.

Zomba13

Tried playing a bunch earlier and it worked fine then me anf a friend got to a bridge with 2 lured pokestops and a bunch of people and then suddenly I couldn't fight pokemon, it just went to a white screen and didn't load the battle, even after an app restart and a phone restart. It happend once to my friend and once to one of the peopole there but then worked for thme but wouldn't work at all for me.

Then it suddenly worked again later when we got something to eat. Super weird and not happend to me before.

zulux21

is there any place that made a database of pokestops?

the area that had the largest amount of pokestops just got removed.

this is what the area with the most pokestops used to have.

this is what the area with the most pokestops that are near me that I know about now looks like

this quite sucks :/

when I had the radar I am pretty sure there was an area that had 6 of them fairly close like a mile away from me, even then though this is going to make pokemon go a huge pain to play now :/

ChrisW

What a dissapointing afternoon, got off work early and my son is staying at a friends house, so i thought "THIS IS MY TIME" hop in my car and go to the local park/lake.

Spent about 2 1/2hrs walking round and all I caught were slowpokes, psyducks, pidgeys, one super low cp ponyta, Staryu's and Magikarps.

Now don't get me wrong I'm in need of a lot of Magikarp's, but I had an insence on and was walking on fields too and even set up two lures on two stops that I could reach at the same time and I didn't get anything that I would consider "Special" i.e. a rare pokemon or even a particularly high cp mon either, highest being about 403, which is a bit naff since i'm nearly level 19.

Getting a bit fed up of getting crap, plus my 2km got deleted when it said "oh?" and froze, so I reload the game and it's just gone :'(

Lunar FC

this is what the area with the most pokestops that are near me that I know about now looks like

when I had the radar I am pretty sure there was an area that had 6 of them fairly close like a mile away from me, even then though this is going to make pokemon go a huge pain to play now :/

You sure you're in the same place? :p

zulux21

You sure you're in the same place? :p

it's not the same place in those pictures (about a half mile difference), but the place in the first picture now doesn't have any pokestops or gyms, the entire area had them removed :/ (there isn't much reason for me to go there to just get an empty picture in 90 degree heat with 100% humidity)

JavyOO7

What a dissapointing afternoon, got off work early and my son is staying at a friends house, so i thought "THIS IS MY TIME" hop in my car and go to the local park/lake.

Spent about 2 1/2hrs walking round and all I caught were slowpokes, psyducks, pidgeys, one super low cp ponyta, Staryu's and Magikarps.

Now don't get me wrong I'm in need of a lot of Magikarp's, but I had an insence on and was walking on fields too and even set up two lures on two stops that I could reach at the same time and I didn't get anything that I would consider "Special" i.e. a rare pokemon or even a particularly high cp mon either, highest being about 403, which is a bit naff since i'm nearly level 19.

Getting a bit fed up of getting crap, plus my 2km got deleted when it said "oh?" and froze, so I reload the game and it's just gone :'(

Check your most recent pokemon. Or go to the journal.

Joni

There is a huge pokemon event tomorrow in a Belgian zoo. I hope it pops some rare stuff as there will be more than 1000 people.

Azole

Neo Member
Seriously what's up with the lack of potions at pokestops? I went to about 30 stops yesterday and got like 3/4 potions

I used to be swimming in them

It's going to eventually stop me going to multiple gym battles because I don't have the resources

What's the plan here? To slow down levelling up and to slow down the amount of Pokemon coins being won to make people buy coins?

Pretty dirty tactics

Went to downtown with my brother... Dumped over 100 potions and 50 revives... Had to dump more as I got more stops. My issue is pokeballs.

I saw a Bulbasaur on my radar after I clocked out thinking I might run into it on my drive home. A mile and a half into the drive the fucker is still on there. Those that complain about the third party tools to find pokemon can kiss my ass, the game is annoying in its current state without any sort of indication if you're getting closer or further away from Pokémon.

3phemeral

Sucks that the only way to tell what's really immediately nearby is by force-closing the app and reloading it so your nearby list has a fresh update. Otherwise, it gets cluttered by whatever you happened to come across and then becomes increasingly more inaccurate as you:

1) encounter mons that may no longer be there (just de-spawned but still appear on the tracker)
2) Spawned at the furthest parameter of your tracking limits as you were walking away from it (not updated to reflect the change).

So as much as a hassle as it is to exit it, you may need to keep reloading the game if you're tracking something you want.

Blastoise silhouette showed up in my nearby list in the top left corner as I was finishing my rounds around my work campus. Had about 6 minutes left on my incense that I was going to continue going through anyways so I start driving around....and he was nowhere. Popped another incense since I was going to continue the hunt to find him, even started driving outside the campus and circled the streets around it (1 sq km or so) but he was nowhere to be seen. He still haunts my nearby list just over 30 minutes later and I know he's gone (or never was here to begin with) :(

Why no tracking though?

Dunlop

Are your trainers saved via the account or device?

I told my daughter to use my phone (she wanted to create her own trainer), but when I signed off and chose my google account I was at the creation screen.

Now starting the app, I am always back at that screen with no sign out option, I don't want to complete the trainer creation as I'm sure that will erase everything.

My son will have a kaniption lol as I promised he could have all of my pokeman when the trade option was available (I had multiple 1K + CP pokemon)

Toki767

Are your trainers saved via the account or device?

I told my daughter to use my phone (she wanted to create her own trainer), but when I signed off and chose my google account I was at the creation screen.

Now starting the app, I am always back at that screen with no sign out option, I don't want to complete the trainer creation as I'm sure that will erase everything.

My son will have a kaniption lol as I promised he could have all of my pokeman when the trade option was available (I had multiple 1K + CP pokemon)
It's by account. Either Google or Pokemon Trainer

Azole

Neo Member
You can only use naming once per "round". After you use all 3 it resets and you can use them again. So if you've only done rainer/pyro you'll have to evolve a jolteon with name trick before you can get vaporeon again with rainer naming trick.

This didn't work for me. I have two Vaps, 5 flareon, and 2 jolts... Wanted to get more Vaps and especially ones with the best moves... I have yet to get one with the best moves.

Dunlop

It's by account. Either Google or Pokemon Trainer
Any ideas on how I can sign out? It goes right to the creation screen which is logged in as my Google account.

Force stop and rebooting phone dues the danger deal, just want the sun in screen again lol

zulux21

Any ideas on how I can sign out? It goes right to the creation screen which is logged in as my Google account.

Force stop and rebooting phone dues the danger deal, just want the sun in screen again lol

start the game without internet.
after you get the the loading screen and a red box on top says no internet, turn your internet on. a sign out box should appear. if it doesn't turn the internet off again before it fully loads and it should fail to log in giving you the retry or try a different account option.

LA poke gaf I need your help. You see, I'm almost done with the Pokedex but I need a Muk to finish it off. In all my time spent with the game I've caught one Grimer and hatched one Grimer egg. The Grimer I caught was at a lure at the Santa Monica Pier, so I don't think that's an actual spawn point. I need FOUR more Grimer to have enough candies to evolve over to a Muk, but WHERE are they???? Has anybody consistently found Grimer in a certain area in LA? Desperate here

13906739_10155087370868989_2590941513260215778_n.jpg

I made one for Central London and had planned to extend that to all of the UK but then they decided to play nasty with scanners.

It seems odd to me that they'd remove a load of stuff.

Might be a glitch?

Acinixys

I dislike playing this game with my fiance

Every time we go out together to play she always gets super lucky

Just tonight she caught a Rapidash, while mine ran away

;(

zulux21

I made one for Central London and had planned to extend that to all of the UK but then they decided to play nasty with scanners.

Might be a glitch?

no, i can confirm without a doubt that it is not a glitch.
whether it was requested by the person in charge of the area (an area that is only semi public, not fully public), or by people in the area annoyed with pokemon go players, that one I am not sure. But it was no secret the person in charge of the area wasn't happy with the people playing pokemon go in the area.

Dunlop

start the game without internet.
after you get the the loading screen and a red box on top says no internet, turn your internet on. a sign out box should appear. if it doesn't turn the internet off again before it fully loads and it should fail to log in giving you the retry or try a different account option.

that worked, thank you!

CrazE

Banned
Why is everyone so big on IV's before an evolved Pokémon? I've had a 98% one then once evolved he went down to like 62%. I don't think it really matters much before the evolve does it?

Or do you not evolve them and just keep them at that level? Because any increase with candy and dust changes the IV percentage it seems.

Azole

Neo Member
Why is everyone so big on IV's before an evolved Pokémon? I've had a 98% one then once evolved he went down to like 62%. I don't think it really matters much before the evolve does it?

Or do you not evolve them and just keep them at that level? Because any increase with candy and dust changes the IV percentage it seems.

So far, for me, my high IVs before involving and after, it either dropped or increased by 1%. I have yet to seen anything drop that drastic.

kenodinks

Neo Member

I don't think IV matters before you evolve. Doesn't everything change once you evolve a mon?

With that being said any mon with an IV of 90 or more i don't evolve. Instead I keep it and just wait until I get the same mon and evolve that one.

Azole

Neo Member
Ok, 98% vaporeon... Im happy!
Water gun and hydro pump

Cool beans. I am still trying to get one... Eevees are hard to get here so every few days of hunting will yield me enough candies to evolve one only. I got so happy when my 94% eevee turned into a vap but sadly, I didn't get hydro pump...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Might be a glitch?
Nothing is being removed at random, but anyone can submit a request for stops or gyms to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom