• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Yeah saw some spoofing happen before our eyes at a gym in our park. Me and a friend were walking towards the gym when suddenly someone took it over, there were no people in range of the gym. Moments later there were two level 31s in there with a Dragonite and Snorlax.

I like to watch Reckful on Twitch and he played a lot when it came out, he's like level 29 or 30 now. He lost interest because there are a lot of people cheating, some of them are streamers he knows.

I'm really hoping they bring down the ban hammer on these cheaters hard. The good thing is that everything is stored online, so hopefully this includes logs. So they could likely make scripts that detect if you are cheating or not.

bots will be back in 3 .. 2 ..

the pokemon API reverse engineering group got to the heart of the matter with the unknown protocol field, and with the help of some clutch disassembly are probably in a good position to replicate whatever it was the official client was always doing.

So that means all those side loaded android apps, mappers running 1000s of fake accounts, and bots that build an account from level nothing to level 28 in a day will (probably) be back shortly. Moving the meta-game along to the whatever the next thing is. Unless niantic have an ace up their sleeves.

Acinixys

the pokemon API reverse engineering group got to the heart of the matter with the unknown protocol field, and with the help of some clutch disassembly are probably in a good position to replicate whatever it was the official client was always doing.

So that means all those side loaded android apps, mappers running 1000s of fake accounts, and bots that build an account from level nothing to level 28 in a day will (probably) be back shortly. Moving the meta-game along to the whatever the next thing is. Unless niantic have an ace up their sleeves.

Ban the botters and spoofers

Let us use maps and tracking apps until they fix their shit

Thats all I ask

Also DRM foiled again by those nefarious hackers. They should have used Denuvo

It's a shame that apparently we can't get one without the other. If 3rd party maps and trackers come back so will botters.

I hope eventually Niantic creates a good, practical and functional tracker and kills off every other tracker/botter.

Malo

Banned
I went to battery park for the first time last night and caught a crap ton of magicarps. Before getting there I had 102 magicarp candies, I came out with 324 by time I left.

I should have gone there way before lol

confuziz

Banned
Soo there is a gym near my house that has 7 dragonites (cp 3400) and the trainers are around lvl 37-39.

Are these no-lifers or is there a hack/cheat on?

hemo memo

Gold Member
I'm getting fed up of the constant pidgey, rattatas, weedle, caterpie and drowzees spawning where I go. I don't understand why they can't just randomise the spawns a bit better, when playing the handheld games didn't see any of that rubbish in the later game.

I can't find weedle, caterpie or drowzee. I can give you Voltorb, Magnemite, Mankey.

Pachimari

I'm currently level 15, and I think by lvl 16 I can use my lucky egg and evolve about 60 Pokémon. How many levels would that progress me?

They are primarily Pidgeys, a few Rattatas and then Pokémon I don't have registered yet.

I'm sure lots of people will love it, but this will really ruin the game by diluting spawns and making it harder to earn candy for specific pokemon you'd want to power up or evolve.
Yeah... I think it'd probably be rotational at that point. Like, every two weeks they change around the spawns a bit. This would make the game quite fun in the long run and mean I spot finding so many fucking Pidgeys and Rattatas and instead just loads of shite Gen II Pokemon!

GulAtiCa

Yeah... I think it'd probably be rotational at that point. Like, every two weeks they change around the spawns a bit. This would make the game quite fun in the long run and mean I spot finding so many fucking Pidgeys and Rattatas and instead just loads of shite Gen II Pokemon!

Don't worry. In no time we will all be complaining about the Bidoofs everywhere!

Chaos17

Soo there is a gym near my house that has 7 dragonites (cp 3400) and the trainers are around lvl 37-39.

It has been calculated on Reddit that you can't reach that lvl within 1 month as normal players because exp required is too high.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4vw9x5/see_you_in_two_years_fellas/

Better report anyone close to lvl 40: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=319948
I would've gave benefit of doubt if it was 2-3 months later but not in 1 month.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've pretty much caught/evolved/hatched everything that isn't region exclusive and so have most my friends that play
I'm sure you can appreciate that this is not the experience of the majority of players and that big decisions need to be made with the median and lowest common denominator in mind, rather than outlying highs. Personally I'm at 86 caught and 88 seen and I've been playing a lot (without being "hardcore" about it) and I have encountered plenty of people who aren't even close to me (at level 21) let alone you.

I just crossed the line to evolve my first Magikarp. It's kinda silly to dismiss the entire concept that more total mons will dilute the pool for catching any individual one just because that isn't relevant to your personal experience, you know? They can and hopefully will be smarter about it than just expanding the roster, maintaining current spawn rates with more potential spawn options, and leaving the candy situation exactly as is.

Also I'm pretty curious, do you have no desire to "catch em all" with the Pokedex as it stands? It's basically my current primary drive playing the game. I think for them to add more before it's even theoretically possible to have all 151 or even 150 Pokemon would actually be a little shitty?

More germanely, I think it is definitely worth clarifying that they did not say anything at SDCC equating to "Gen 2 will be released in December".

confuziz

Banned
Can you post a screenshot?

Pretty sure dragonites CP is currently capped under that

y0V7VcT.png

adamy

Banned
It has been calculated on Reddit that you can't reach that lvl within 1 month as normal players because exp required is too high.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4vw9x5/see_you_in_two_years_fellas/

Better report anyone close to lvl 40: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=319948
I would've gave benefit of doubt if it was 2-3 months later but not in 1 month.

You could easily hit it if you no life this game and spend a shit ton of money on in game purchases

I'm currently level 15, and I think by lvl 16 I can use my lucky egg and evolve about 60 Pokémon. How many levels would that progress me?

They are primarily Pidgeys, a few Rattatas and then Pokémon I don't have registered yet.

You're probably looking at about 45k XP depending on how fast you can evolve (getting through all 60 may not be possible within the 30min timeframe, if I remember correctly) plus whatever bonuses you get from the new pokemon you add to the pokedex. At level 16 I think that amounts to two or three levels.

If you do use the lucky egg, maybe prioritize the new pokemon evolutions first, since they'll net you the most XP. It would suck to get to the end of your list only to find your egg expired two minutes ago.

Someone that my fiancé works with apparently makes his phone go to Japan every day and then comes back to our rural town. He gets banned for one day and then keeps playing. He's level 30. Apparently it's wide spread here. Makes me want to quit because it's taken me like 50 hours of constant playing to reach level 19.

dmr87

I'd say cheaters. Let's say that there a FEW that actually are that high of a level, I doubt that you would have 7 of them in your area.

Brinbe

Made it lvl 20 yesterday playing semi-casually for the past few weeks and I don't think I've even scratched the surface of things. Only caught 79/seen 81 and I don't have anything super powerful right now. I can only surmise that it was all the Drowzees and Pidgeys that did it.

Anyway, I guess the real game/grind begins now... And special notice to any other Pokemon Go TO-GAFers, better get out to the Ferry terminal while you can, the city's looking to shut shit down.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...s-to-remove-pokestop-from-ferry-terminal.html

These gosh darn kids and their gosh darn Pokemon Go.

After a few weeks of being the most popular mobile game in recent history, Pokemon Go is now facing backlash from the City of Toronto, who are trying to mitigate the crowds playing the game at the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal.

Hundreds of people have been camped out almost 24 hours a day at the park by the terminal, hunting for virtual pocket monsters on their phone. The park and surrounding area is also the site of nine pokestops – in-game locations where players congregate. Players have also been setting up lures – bait that attracts more virtual monsters to the stops.

The end result is a constant crowd of hundreds of players at all hours of the day and night, hoping to be the very best like no one ever before.

Matthew Cutler, spokesperson for Toronto’s parks and recreation department, said the city has reached out to Niantic, the game’s developer, to move some of the stops to other parks and ease the pressure on the ferry terminal.

“We love the game. We love what it’s doing in terms of bringing people into the public realm. We’re just of the mind that there may be a better park in the city for this kind of concentration of play,” he said.

Cutler said the city has had mostly positive experiences with players, with some organizing park clean ups or talking to city staff about bringing in more recycling and trash bins. The player’s behaviour has not been a problem, he said.

“The real issue here is the bigger security and crowd management risk we have,” he said.

Niantic said in a statement they’re reviewing all requests to remove pokestops, but have received more than they’re able to handle at once.

“We’ve been overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response from the Pokémon GO community. That enthusiasm has led players to visit many real world locations, and we have received requests to remove some locations. We are moving quickly to review all such requests,” the statement said.

The company set up a link for anyone who wants to request removal of a Pokestop.

The city’s move comes after a number of other cities have dealt with the sudden influx of

Javier

Ever since PokeGO got released in Latin American yesterday I've caught:

- Squirtle (Starter)
- Pidgey
- Rattata
- Caterpie
- Zubat
- Venomoth
- Magmar
- Weedle
- Raticate

Funny thing, I caught Magmar while on the bus to work. It's a 45 minute ride, and Magmar showed up at a bus stop on a really small town.

I've also learned there are a lot of churches in my town I didn't even know existed.

GulAtiCa

Caught a Jigglypuff and another Eevee from my bedroom when I woke up this morning! Just 1 more Jigglypuff, and I can evolve it.

Shinypogs

I just made it to the ferry terminal for the first time last night. I def want to return another 2-3 times to farm candies before the stops get moved. I'm only level 18 ( most of the way to 19) but my team is coming along nicely and really even playing casually you can have a lot of fun and still be competitive against anything with type advantage on your side.

I feel really bad for the people in Brazil posting on the reddit that all their gyms have been flooded with high cp pokemon since the game went live there. I can't imagine waiting as long as they have only to have one aspect of the game be fucked by cheaters right from the get go.

PaulBizkit

Just installed this thing. It works slow af on a galaxy core (1gb ram). Besides, I have android 4.1 (I don't know if that affects the performance).

Just made my character and caught a squirtle.

Btw, this game was released like two or three days ago in my country, so everyone is really hyped.

JavyOO7

I found a grimer last night... I thought the app was going to crash but thankfully it did not. Caught two of them!

Caught a few Charmander, which is neat, and a crap load of magikarp. Is it because I was by tons of water? Dunno. But am happy because I am 102 candy away from evolving it. i'm pretty close to just driving over there again tonight and just get the rest of the magikarp that I need.

Only found one dratini... I wonder where else the dratini spawns around here (Miami). Pokedex at 75/77 and at level 21.

I saw a dude that was Level 36 with a 3001 Snorlax yesterday. No way that's legit. I just don't understand why people even want to cheat at this game. The whole point of it is to go out, socialize and catch Pokemon. But to have a bot do all that for you so you can sit in a gym and collect 10 coins every day is beyond me. I can't understand it.

GulAtiCa

Only found one dratini... I wonder where else the dratini spawns around here (Miami). Pokedex at 75/77 and at level 21.

For me, Dratini's seem to spawn near water sources. At least for me it does. I work next to a pond (2 nearby actually). So I see water pokemon constantly. But also Dratinis (& 1 Dragonair) occasionally.

sh1fty

Blastoise showed up in my backyard last night... only cp100 but one of my favourite pokemon so I'm happy!

Currently almost level 18 and have 70 caught / 72 seen.

Man, I thought this shit was doomed with the harsh winter going on here, but it came out yesterday and the park was full with people even tho it was raining and you could feel the cold in your bones

Razmos

Just has the 1hp glitch happen during a gym battle, the Slowbro got stuck at 1hp despite being long dead and managed to take down 2 of my pokemon as the game tried to catch up lol. What a joke

i may have weedled in the shower.
Who takes their phone in the shower lol

I saw a dude that was Level 36 with a 3001 Snorlax yesterday. No way that's legit. I just don't understand why people even want to cheat at this game. The whole point of it is to go out, socialize and catch Pokemon. But to have a bot do all that for you so you can sit in a gym and collect 10 coins every day is beyond me. I can't understand it.

I am level 23 with plenty of 2k pokemon. It's legit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But that level 37, damn.
pretty bonkers

I'm very proud to finally have a decent squad after hunting on the weekend and cleaning up my inventory/roster last night
Was kinda hoping that he who became Maniac would be a high-level Jolteon but what can you do.

I'm so so happy with my Gyarados with Hydro Pump <3

Hatched my first Lapras from a 10km egg. I was afraid it was gonna be another Eevee. Phew!

Currently at 87 on the pokedex. Once I start evolving I'll probably add another 5 or so.

Joni

Should advance you about 3 levels at that point.

Saya

What is like the max level that would be possible to obtain right now if someone played legitimately? I'm seeing players with levels 33-38 taking over the gyms nearby my place constantly. Probably botters or hackers?

Joni

What is like the max level that would be possible to obtain right now if someone played legitimately? I'm seeing players with levels 33-38 taking over the gyms nearby my place constantly. Probably botters or hackers?

27-28 for people that have enough time.

Arrrammis

Probably botters if they're 35+. People have posted that they have reached lvl.32 legitimately by sitting on 2-3 lured pokestops for 6+ hours a day since launch and always having a lucky egg active, but I consider anyone lvl. 35 or higher right now to be botting. People are going hard in this game, but I don't think it's physically possible to be lvl. 38 without cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom