• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
It seems like some spoofers are taking over a bunch of gyms by me with 3k Pokemon. But they're instinct too so I don't care. I can just hop on for the ride lmao.

Dinjooh

Just has the 1hp glitch happen during a gym battle, the Slowbro got stuck at 1hp despite being long dead and managed to take down 2 of my pokemon as the game tried to catch up lol. What a joke

Who takes their phone in the shower lol

Always do. had some mails to reply to and some pokemons to catch, why not.

NeoRausch

pretty bonkers

I'm very proud to finally have a decent squad after hunting on the weekend and cleaning up my inventory/roster last night

Was kinda hoping that he who became Maniac would be a high-level Jolteon but what can you do.

I'm so so happy with my Gyarados with Hydro Pump <3

Your statusbar makes me itchy!

Oxx

I've already used a bunch of data this month (not due to Pokemon), so I'm going to have to lie low for the next few weeks.

I'm sure nothing significant will occur in the game that I'll miss.

Pachimari

You're probably looking at about 45k XP depending on how fast you can evolve (getting through all 60 may not be possible within the 30min timeframe, if I remember correctly) plus whatever bonuses you get from the new pokemon you add to the pokedex. At level 16 I think that amounts to two or three levels.

If you do use the lucky egg, maybe prioritize the new pokemon evolutions first, since they'll net you the most XP. It would suck to get to the end of your list only to find your egg expired two minutes ago.

Should advance you about 3 levels at that point.
Cool. That's alright.

I just want to get to lvl 20, and then casually play it. Have no idea how people could get to lvl 26 and beyond so quick.

Arrrammis

I've already used a bunch of data this month (not due to Pokemon), so I'm going to have to lie low for the next few weeks.

I'm sure nothing significant will occur in the game that I'll miss.

I'm tempted to stop playing for a few weeks as well, there is just not very much lasting gameplay. I hope that battling gets an overhaul and the tracking gets fixed/upgraded in the meantime, it is just frustrating when I have an hour or two that I want to hunt pokemon, but there is no way at all to know If I'm heading anywhere near the right direction.

vikki

I'm very proud to finally have a decent squad after hunting on the weekend and cleaning up my inventory/roster last night

Was kinda hoping that he who became Maniac would be a high-level Jolteon but what can you do.

I'm so so happy with my Gyarados with Hydro Pump <3

Been playing since day 3 and I still have a pretty shit squad, but I'm about to egglevel and I should have a good group of 1200's at that point.

I should point out that I can't really go out and hunt Pokemon, I isually just hit up places where I know Pokemon spawn, like my living room, and my bedroom.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lGcZATD.gif

What is that on the left, is it supposed to be like the rustling leaves? It's been flashing since morning but there was nothing there.

Sorry if this is obvious stuff, but I'm having a bit of difficulty finding information about it.

PMS341

Caught a Lickitung and a Hitmonlee right by my house last night! First time encountering both. They both have <1000 CP, but still. Pokedex now at 120!

vikki

lGcZATD.gif

What is that on the left, is it supposed to be like the rustling leaves? It's been flashing since morning but there was nothing there.

Sorry if this is obvious stuff, but I'm having a bit of difficulty finding information about it.

That's an invisible weedle

Jellie

lGcZATD.gif

I think it's a Pokemon but it's glitching out so you can't see it click it. I have this happen on all growlithes I've encountered for some reason.

GulAtiCa

lGcZATD.gif

It's Mew! It's hiding from you, go after it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I see, thanks. I tried messing with it when I passed there, but nothing came up. I'll try tapping on it again if it's still blinking when I get out of the building.

edit: restarted the app and a zubat showed up. lol.

It's Mew! It's hiding from you, go after it.
SqAaqIx.png

Just took my first gym over. Had three different trainers to fight, I don't think my Golduck will last long there but it was fun. Back to collecting

Sh0k

I found a grimer last night... I thought the app was going to crash but thankfully it did not. Caught two of them!

Caught a few Charmander, which is neat, and a crap load of magikarp. Is it because I was by tons of water? Dunno. But am happy because I am 102 candy away from evolving it. i'm pretty close to just driving over there again tonight and just get the rest of the magikarp that I need.

Only found one dratini... I wonder where else the dratini spawns around here (Miami). Pokedex at 75/77 and at level 21.

Where in Miami are you getting all the Magikarps? I got most of mine (around 300 candies atm) from Town and Country Mall, around the lake but yesterday I was only able to catch 4. Last weekend I went to Southpointe Marina in Miami Beach and was able to catch around 20 Magikarps, but the marina is way too far from where I live. By the way, we caught 3 Datrinis in Town and Country yesterday night.

AdanVC

Now that all 3rd party pokemon tracking websites are blocked I haven't opened the app the whole morning :'( It was always exciting to check the map and see new Pokémon spawning and it was so fun to go running to that spot to catch them before they despawn. : /

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Been playing since day 3 and I still have a pretty shit squad, but I'm about to egglevel and I should have a good group of 1200's at that point.

I should point out that I can't really go out and hunt Pokemon, I isually just hit up places where I know Pokemon spawn, like my living room, and my bedroom.
I started playing day 0 and just got my first 1000+ Pokemon during this batch of evolving and leveling, and that's with a lot of going out. I actually had pretty terrible luck before the last week, with the exception of getting an Electabuzz early on.

Now that all 3rd party pokemon tracking websites are blocked I haven't opened the app the whole morning :'( It was always exciting to check the map and see new Pokémon spawning and it was so fun to go running to that spot to catch them before they despawn. : /

yep, im pretty much done until they figure it out. i just want my scanners.

The maps will be back soon enough. I think people have already found the source of the API changes.

What is like the max level that would be possible to obtain right now if someone played legitimately? I'm seeing players with levels 33-38 taking over the gyms nearby my place constantly. Probably botters or hackers?

I'm half way through 28 and haven't gone super hard this past week like I was doing before. I'm thinking the craziest of the crazy legitimate players could probably be 34 or so.

AdanVC

yep, im pretty much done until they figure it out. i just want my scanners.

Yes :'( Can't believe the actual main feature/selling point of this game is completely useless right now. Hope Niantic solves this asap.

The maps will be back soon enough. I think people have already found the source of the API changes.

They will?? Hnnghhh fingers crossed! God bless this people lmao. Their tracking websites were a true gamechanger.

Darryl

Banned

anyone remember the old days when stories about the game usually consisted of friendly encounters of strangers playing Pokemon, people talking about their hauls or reports from hot Pokemon areas

now it's all third party app discussion. I can deal with the no trackers but the online community around the game is starting to drag me down

Yes :'( Can't believe the actual main feature/selling point of this game is completely useless right now. Hope Niantic solves this asap.

They will?? Hnnghhh fingers crossed! God bless this people lmao. Their tracking websites were a true gamechanger.

actually made things fun again. i was still going to parks and walking alot but being at a park and checking my scanner to see some rare on the other side was awesome.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]

3rd party tracking is a god send....put notification on and a Charmeleon spawn 2 blocks away. Put sneaker on and my dog like "hey, you going out again without me???"....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
anyone remember the old days when stories about the game usually consisted of friendly encounters of strangers playing Pokemon, people talking about their hauls or reports from hot Pokemon areas

now it's all third party app discussion. I can deal with the no trackers but the online community around the game is starting to drag me down
With this and any game, but especially this one, you have to focus on whatever you're deriving your enjoyment from, and aggressively avoid or ignore anything that detracts from it. It's a game, it's not meant to be a source of stress or anything other than the fun you'd associate with any other pasttime. This topic is extremely pertinent to my relationship with gaming as a whole so if you want to discuss it any more please feel free to PM me. I will say that you're not alone and that I know exactly where you're coming from.

To the pragmatic end, I'll post this beautiful specimen I got at the beach on Sunday. He'll be a champion one day.

PaulBizkit

omg just look at those notification icons...

Ok, so there's a pokestop right next to my work. I've been catching some non-pidgey common pokemons like rattatat and krabby. This game is cool.

There's a shopping mall three blocks away that has a couple of pokestops that have been active with incenses for about 4 hours...

Kssio_Aug

Is there any way to get a notification and know there's a Pokémon nearby you? Or I have to leave the app opened and the phone screen to turned on?

Dinjooh

With this and any game, but especially this one, you have to focus on whatever you're deriving your enjoyment from, and aggressively avoid or ignore anything that detracts from it. It's a game, it's not meant to be a source of stress or anything other than the fun you'd associate with any other pasttime. This topic is extremely pertinent to my relationship with gaming as a whole so if you want to discuss it any more please feel free to PM me. I will say that you're not alone and that I know exactly where you're coming from.

To the pragmatic end, I'll post this beautiful specimen I got at the beach on Sunday. He'll be a champion one day.

So far I'm still at 1 Squirtle caught..

Why did my favourite Pokémon have to be Blastoise?

Is there any way to get a notification and know there's a Pokémon nearby you? Or I have to leave the app opened and the phone screen to turned on?

There were trackers that just did that for you, yes. Smart Poke for one, but they're currently not working. You're bound to hear about it in this thread when they get working again.

The eevee name trick worked twice for me

first for sparky before the huge update and I just used Rainer and got my vape god

I'll try it again for Pyro later to get a better Flarion

What is like the max level that would be possible to obtain right now if someone played legitimately? I'm seeing players with levels 33-38 taking over the gyms nearby my place constantly. Probably botters or hackers?
I'm level 20 playing legitimately

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So far I'm still at 1 Squirtle caught..

Why did my favourite Pokémon have to be Blastoise?
I've found 3, and a Wartortle. He's my favorite starter too. :<

Crazy thing is that I have stellar Bulbasaur and Charmander nests pretty nearby, but nothing stable Squirtle-wise. Kinda banking on 2k egg luck to get me the candy.

As far as favorite Pokemon... Sandslash for me, and down here in South Florida I have thus far seen a total of one Sandshrew silhouette on my tracker, didn't come anywhere close to finding it. Hooboy. Gonna be doing some traveling before the end of the year though and if worst comes to worst, next March I'm heading out to Vegas. They should be like Psyducks are for me out there hopefully :p

Joni

I did my part, I showed some random people on the street where they could find Blastoise.

If I kept up my original pace and spending habit, I'd probably be 30-31 by now. Anything above 33 is suspect is sharing accounts and avoiding sleep or hacking.

Ensirius

omg just look at those notification icons...

Ok, so there's a pokestop right next to my work. I've been catching some non-pidgey common pokemons like rattatat and krabby. This game is cool.

There's a shopping mall three blocks away that has a couple of pokestops that have been active with incenses for about 4 hours...
Lures.

I'm at level 15 and I am still having a blast with my friends going around at night drinking beer and catching pokemon.

zroid

Banned
LOL so funny story:

This morning I had stepped out for an errand, decided to take a quick detour past a nearby gym since it wasn't well protected. I parked on the side of the road and plowed through it.

But before I could drop my own Pokémon in there, some jerk from Mystic stuck his Jolteon inside. I was just like okay fine, I'll take him down too. Couple minutes later, the gym is empty and just before I put my Pokémon in, some jerk from Mystic stuck his Vaporeon inside.

Oh, and it was the same guy with the Jolteon. :lol

at this point I'm just thinking "wtf" to myself, trying to figure out who's doing this. I look to my left and there's a little kid on the sidewalk holding a phone. "Oh." But I saw him walking away from the gym so I figured he was done, decided to take out the Jolteon quickly. Just as I'm about to put my Pokémon in there... I see this kid running back toward me... and yes, he put the Vaporeon in there AGAIN. I wasn't going to let him have this gym before I claimed it for Instinct, even if he took it back again immediately.

So, once again, I took out his Vaporeon. This time though instead of scrolling to the Pokémon I wanted, I just tapped on the first Squirtle at the top of my list and it was done, and I drove off.

DON'T MESS WITH INSTINCT BABY

I've been Magikarp farming for so long. Finally got two at 95%! One with really Low CP and the other not bad. Could trade the low CP in the future. Didn't see any reason to evolve any random Magikarp given the effort one has to go through. Have over 800 candies so I'm set for two already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom