• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

I'm curious. How much has everyone spent on the game now?

I easily dropped $20.00 when it was working first week. Bought a bunch of incubators, backpack upgrades, Pokemon inventory upgrades, and then small purchases for regular balls because I was desperate to catch something and had no balls left.

Awayze

Neo Member
10+ great balls and around 6 razz berries to catch a Wartortle around 430CP yet a 600+ Hypno took 1 razz berry and 2 poke balls. The Wartortle just kept on escaping despite getting nice and great throws.
Had a Pikachu showing nearby and even with incense it never showed up, without a tracking app, it could have been around 600m away making it pointless for me to search for him at 2am in the rain. I'm a bit behind so tracking in recent days was helpful, without it I would have never got the Wartortle or seen a Blastoise with 3 mins left but it was 7 min drive away. At least I'm losing weight and got a Charmander from a 2km egg.

zulux21

I spent $10 on coins for incubators last night.
I have pretty much caught everything that spawns in my area so the last half of the pokedex will have to be hatched.

zroid

Banned
They do know people pay actual money for things like pokeball right? (/s), I mean this is quite a "bug" when people could have lost actual money due to this.

Refunds should be offered, or pokeball replaced from the date this bug started.

They could just drop like 50 free Poké Balls in everyone's bags, that'd probably appease the masses

I mean, they probably won't, but...

They could just drop like 50 free Poké Balls in everyone's bags, that'd probably appease the masses

I mean, they probably won't, but...

Should be 100 free pokeballs, but they are a greedy ass company that doesn't care about their customers so they won't offer anything.

rhythm

Neo Member
So is PokeAdvisor the most accurate way to determine your Pokes' IVs? I've been told Pokeassistant was the best one.

Chaos17

So is PokeAdvisor the most accurate way to determine your Pokes' IVs? I've been told Pokeassistant was the best one.

I don't know but it analyses in 1 GO all your pokemons so you don't have to manualy input everyhting in the calculator 1 by 1.

PokeAdvisor should be 100% accurate because it's pulling the data straight from the pokemon, hence why you get an exact percent instead of a rough range. Problem is that you're essentially logging in via a 3rd party and it's possible Niantic can detect this and may ban people for it further down the line... or not. Just be aware there MAY be a risk to using it.

For calculators that don't break ToS I use Pokeassistant and the silph road android app (I don't recommend using the silph road online web calc as it's easy to set the arc incorrectly and get false results unless you know what you're doing)

I was one of the people who dened the change in catch rates (well I only said I hadn't experienced them). I'll enjoy this crow no problem.

But calling it a bug...lol.

Finally caught a Dratini worthy of evolving. 15/11/15. Lehgooooo

Edit: Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse...

Can't win them all lol. At least it isn't Twister.

they're fucking impossible to catch

every time it shakes its fucking head

i'm having none of it anymore

none

this is me yesterday

Screenshot_20160804_153503.png

I live by a nest

Nikokuno

Got a wild Venausaur (have to jump out of the bus to track him since he disappears from the map), 2 Squirtle, 1 Elektek, 3 bulbasaur and my 10k was a Lapras :D most of them from riding buses.

If somebody how the in game scanner thing works cause my bro saw a Blastoise on it but didn't have enough time to chase him. And we also so a Dragonite on the map and no clue on how to track him...

Got a wild Venausaur (have to jump out the bus to track in since he disappears from the map), 2 Squirtle, 1 Elektek, 3 bulbasaur and my 10k was a Lapras :D most of them from riding buses.

If somebody how the in game scanner thing works cause my bro saw a Blastoise on it but didn't have enough time to chase him. And we also so a Dragonite on the map and no clue on how to track him...

No one knows. It's all luck at this point.

Decided to log on at home just to have a look and noticed the 6 gyms I can see in my area all had the same level 36 player at the top of the pack with dragonites ranging from 2.9k to 3.3k in every gym so I reported him as I can only imagine you can get to that situation right now by cheating.

Couldn't Believe it, I wonder how much cheating is actually going on.

Decided to log on at home just to have a look and noticed the 6 gyms I can see in my area all had the same level 36 player at the top of the pack with dragonites ranging from 2.9k to 3.3k in every gym so I reported him as I can only imagine you can get to that situation right now by cheating.

Couldn't Believe it, I wonder how much cheating is actually going on.

Oh, it's definitely going on.

I can't imagine leveling once you hit your mid 30s

I'm only level 27 and this shit is brutal

I stopped caring once I hit 24. I'm just enjoying the show now.

BlakeofT

Here are my dreams/ideas:

-Drop the candy system.
-Pokemon now level up and evolve by xp.
-You choose 6 pokemon as your team and they get the xp from all of the activities that you normally get xp from. Also, more xp from higher level captures.
-You can change your team of 6 at a Poke Center and heal there as well of course.
-There is now a daily login bonus equal to a couple stops and maybe 1 or 2 coins. Maybe even a daily encounter that is instanced for you.
-Move tutors might be cool too. Just thought of this one.

mugwhump

What was the quote? "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"? This wouldn't be the first time Niantic's broken something in a patch. And why would they turn that off but leave in the text for Nice/Great/Excellent? And their website has always had that description about pokemon being easier to catch when the circle is smaller. We also know the client-side cock-up that broke that feature.

server_resources.png

Alright, but where's zero? Because I doubt it's the bottom of the picture. Zooming and cropping charts doesn't count without numbers, Niantic. Just sayin'.

I have a local historical park with 10-20 stops, 3 gyms. No pokemon.

Went to a botanical garden with 20-30 stops, at least 3 gyms. No pokemon.

I, too, would like a scanner.

funny, i went to a botanical garden 2 days ago, caught a bizillion magicarp and 1 seaking. theyve turned this into such a lame game. im also in a couple facebook pogo groups and i swear every super rare pokemon caught by anyone is at a fucking walmart or gas station.

mugwhump

Yet.....my buddy is still spoofed into the city.....catching pokemon on a damn touch screen laptop. Apparently some folks know how to safely fool the damn system

Bots are currently dead (for the most part). GPS spoofing still lives though.

Also I'm not sure if that ban is legit, sorry.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/761301330967326720

"Trainers, a new bug affecting throw accuracy increases the odds of escape and omits the XP bonus. We are working on a fix, stay tuned..."

"Bug"
I fucking knew it.

And sooo many people were convinced the catch rate was the same, or easier. Well, the
Mur
crow is piping hot, come and get it!

And "bug" my ass. All of these bugs suspiciously supported less progress and more spending cash? Ha. I hope they take this as a lesson in the future in how they monetize this game. They're already making bank on the vanilla version, did they really need to "incentivize" their player base's spending habits further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom