• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so big on IV's before an evolved Pokémon? I've had a 98% one then once evolved he went down to like 62%. I don't think it really matters much before the evolve does it?

Or do you not evolve them and just keep them at that level? Because any increase with candy and dust changes the IV percentage it seems.

The real IVs do not change after evolution. Certain calculators show the full range of potential IV percentages since it has to guess what the values are until a certain combination is reached, others just choose to show 1 value but it's still pulled from that pool of possibilities (unless it hits the API directly like PokeAdvisor or something like that). That's why you'll see values change at times. The evolution (and continued power ups) narrow down that list of potential values, so you just had the incorrect percentage to begin with.

Whats the best egg strategy so far? I have tons of 5 km eggs and two 10 k eggs (one is in incubation). Can I keep hatching the 5 km eggs in hopes of stocking up on 10 k eggs, or are you only allowed to have one non-incubating 10 km egg at any one time?

I was hoping to stock up on 10 km eggs and use my free incubators for those once I have enough.

MajorMane

Whats the best egg strategy so far? I have tons of 5 km eggs and two 10 k eggs (one is in incubation). Can I keep hatching the 5 km eggs in hopes of stocking up on 10 k eggs, or are you only allowed to have one non-incubating 10 km egg at any one time?

I was hoping to stock up on 10 km eggs and use my free incubators for those once I have enough.

The only limit on eggs is that you can only have 9.

So theoretically you could hatch all the 2km and 5km eggs, save your 10km ones, and wait until you have 9 10km ones.

It's really up to you how you want to approach it. Personally I just hatch everything as I can.

GulAtiCa

Keep in mind the egg stats are based on what level you were when you got it. So unless you are already level 20 or above, I'd hatch them now

Toki767

Went to GameStop to grab an Arceus code.

Customer overhears and runs up to the counter to request one too.

Was disappointed that it wasn't for Pokemon Go lol

dity

anyone remember the old days when stories about the game usually consisted of friendly encounters of strangers playing Pokemon, people talking about their hauls or reports from hot Pokemon areas

now it's all third party app discussion. I can deal with the no trackers but the online community around the game is starting to drag me down

I can echo this. But at the same time, it's amusing to see people using the trackers IRL. For example: I posted a screenshot a bit ago of a Charizard I encountered. It spawned at a lured Pokestop. Couple of minutes later some people arrived, the small group huddled around for a while. Then I hear "you can't get Charizard anymore" and they just walked off all looking a bit disappointed. This was about half a day before the API changes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also wasn't the highest CP of course but I was really happy to be able to evolve this during my lucky egg frenzy
N1OuZxO.png
still need 4 or 5 growlithes for my first arcanine though, and I haven't been to the new nest yet, it's quite a bit further away.

(mat)

Getting a bit fed up of getting crap, plus my 2km got deleted when it said "oh?" and froze, so I reload the game and it's just gone :'(

This happened to me yesterday with a 10km egg! Didn't show up in recent, either. Incredibly frustrating. I feel you.

The Blue Jays had a video skit with one of the players capturing the mascot in a Poke Ball.......and at one point the whole bottom of the jumbotron was drowzee lol

adamy

Banned
Why is everyone so big on IV's before an evolved Pokémon? I've had a 98% one then once evolved he went down to like 62%. I don't think it really matters much before the evolve does it?

Or do you not evolve them and just keep them at that level? Because any increase with candy and dust changes the IV percentage it seems.

IVs don't change when you evolve them

They also don't change when you power them up

They never change

JoeM86

Are you implying that removing the XP bonus and raising escape rates was an intentional feature they're backpedaling on?

Yes, since I imagine that the daily active users has dropped considerably lately. This "bug" has been around for almost a week now. It's not new.

Nothing is being removed at random, but anyone can submit a request for stops or gyms to be removed.
Oh sure. The odd one here or there, ie. those on or near private property, potentially dangerous places etc - but seems odd they'd just throw a sledgehammer at a whole bunch over an entire area.

GulAtiCa

So they admitted that the escape rate increased.

Where's that crow now dity? lol

I'll admit, I'll eat crow. I haven't really noticed a big enough change (besides the annoying thing where pokemon are jumping & attacking constantly).

Though.. Strangely I haven't actually needed to do a curve ball since the update. Maybe just me, but maybe they took the pokeball being moved by wind thing away?

Are you implying that removing the XP bonus and raising escape rates was an intentional feature they're backpedaling on?

I mean, it took them nearly a week to notice?

It was noticeable immediately after I downloaded the newest patch. Who is testing these patches that somehow misses such an easy to see "bug"?

GulAtiCa

I'm curious. How much has everyone spent on the game now?

I just spent an extra $20, which brings me to $50 total. Mainly so I can concentrate on getting more lure modules and just got 25 Incense. Incense have been really good for me, not just for pokemon, but for working out too. Should be able to have that last a month.

Now that I'm working out so much, I don't really need to worry about pokeballs. I currently have like 250+. Though, am in desperate need for potions...

It was noticeable immediately after I downloaded the newest patch. Who is testing these patches that somehow misses such an easy to see "bug"?

I think you made a mistake in assuming they test these patches before putting them out. They also don't ever seem to ever improve anything. Just make the game worse than it was before.

Toki767

I just spent an extra $20, which brings me to $50 total. Mainly so I can concentrate on getting more lure modules and just got 25 Incense. Incense have been really good for me, not just for pokemon, but for working out too. Should be able to have that last a month.

Now that I'm working out so much, I don't really need to worry about pokeballs. I currently have like 250+. Though, am in desperate need for potions...

$20 in the beginning. I wasn't going to spend more, but now that they're finally communicating maybe I will. Still have lots of free Google Play money anyway.

JoeM86

£79.99

Jarsonot

I haven't spent anything, level 20.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

€10, all on incubators. What I get from eggs has been really disappointing as of late, promised myself to stop spending if I didn't get any decent ones from this batch.

zulux21

Oh sure. The odd one here or there, ie. those on or near private property, potentially dangerous places etc - but seems odd they'd just throw a sledgehammer at a whole bunch over an entire area.

the area in question isn't a normal area.

despite the fact that I live in a town with around 10k people, the area in question is owned by one of the 200 richest women in the world. And while it is open to the public in general, it also is a workplace for 10k+ people (yes during the work day there is likely as many people working there as there are living in the rest of town)

I really don't think anyone has to worry about this happening to them as areas like this are super rare around the world, but the simple fact is either the person in charge of the area requested they get taken down, or the group of people who thought people playing pokemon go in general was dumb went out of their way to get them taken down so others couldn't play anymore.

either way the area no longer has any pokestops even though it was likely one of the safest places in the world to play pokemon go, and is considered a public place.

GulAtiCa

€10, all on incubators. What I get from eggs has been really disappointing as of late, promised myself to stop spending if I didn't get any decent ones from this batch.

What eggs are they? Mostly 2k?

I find my 2ks to be mainly fodder and only sometimes good (starters, Jigglypuff, Geodude).
My 5ks have been mostly good. At this point, my only "disappointments" are those that I already have a lot of or essentially common for me. Like the Paras and Horsea I hatched today.

CrazE

Banned
IVs don't change when you evolve them

They also don't change when you power them up

They never change

Interesting. Could of swore I seen it go down on the calculator site when I evolved what was once a high level percentage one, to lower.

Anyhoo.. thanks for the answers guys.

I believe it became a "bug" once people started getting refunds and the user base started dropping like flies.

edit: I have spent real life money for bag upgrades, lucky eggs (for mass pidgey evolutions) and allocated the most for buying egg incubators. use the unlimited use incubator for all your 2km eggs and store bought ones for your 10k and 5K ...get the most value, stardust, and xp you can.

My wasted Pokeballs Q_Q So it wasn't intentional ?

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/761301330967326720

Heh, I guess dropping the circle modifier by 100% is the cause.
The capture circle used to scale from value 1 (same size as the white circle) to 2 (smallest possible size) but now it scales from 0 to 1 basically. In theory that was basically halving the capture rate compared to what we were used to :p
The xp gains were triggered by the value being higher than 1.7 and whatnot which it obviously wasn't reaching with the new values being capped at 1 :3

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What eggs are they? Mostly 2k?

I find my 2ks to be mainly fodder and only sometimes good (starters, Jigglypuff, Geodude).
My 5ks have been mostly good. At this point, my only "disappointments" are those that I already have a lot of or essentially common for me. Like the Paras and Horsea I hatched today.

Mostly 5 km's, and my four recent ones were: ratatta, zubat, nidoran male and... psyduck. Yeah :p I get way more 5km eggs than 2km. I have one 10km, which I'm saving for when I'm a higher level (15 now).

I know 2km can have decent ones, but I only got one non-trash one (Charmander). I really want Pikachu or Bulbasaur, just to have some more iconic ones.

Chaos17

You will be suprised of the number of haters disliking seeing players go into their parks (for example)... and since Niantic do not verify who is asking the withrawal... some of us might meet sooner or later your fate :(

I think the fault is mainly Ingress players who flooded Niantic back then and Niantic bein unable to filter places.

zroid

Banned
Mostly 5 km's, and my four recent ones were: ratatta, zubat, nidoran male and... psyduck. Yeah :p I get way more 5km eggs than 2km. I have one 10km, which I'm saving for when I'm a higher level (15 now).

I know 2km can have decent ones, but I only got one non-trash one (Charmander). I really want Pikachu or Bulbasaur, just to have some more iconic ones.
FYI there's no benefit to waiting because the egg's level is determined when you obtain it, not when it's hatched

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
FYI there's no benefit to waiting because the egg's level is determined when you obtain it, not when it's hatched

Ooh... Thanks for letting me know. I'm a) hatching it asap now and b) not getting my hopes up for that one since I got it weeks ago at a low level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom