• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggychan

I was a broken hearted earlier but after seeing the twitter feed I feel slightly pissed!

24D66C6A-B6C3-4C6E-9D7A-4356570B98DA.png

18D89C41-69DD-4BDA-9272-D31C6F7A8B03.png

But today was one of those days..

rc213

I hate all of you!!!

I'm level 21 and I've still yet to see any Pokemon with CP above 800 let alone anything as high as that Snorlax.

piggychan

CP1870!!!

What level are you? Please tell me you used Razz Berry and Ultra Ball!

of course I used those, Level 22 and I used a berry straight away, ultra ball, berry, ultra ball, berry, then 3rd try with the ultra ball and it ran.... :(

Both my buddies were with me and same level and they got the same cp snorlax on first try..

There was a huuuuge crowd running for that snorlax too, I reckon about 100 pokemon trainers ran into that spot trying to get that snorlax

of course I used those, Level 22 and I used a berry straight away, ultra ball, berry, ultra ball, berry, then 3rd try with the ultra ball and it ran.... :(

There was a huuuuge crowd running for that snorlax too

Damn, sorry man. I'm level 25 and my highest CP is 1.7k. That snorlax would have been killer :(

GulAtiCa

My Magikarp is ready! Got over 400 candies and actually found a 95% IV Magikarp with 14/15/14 stats. So sweet. Will likely do another mass evolve soon, though will need more pidgeys before that. Good thing I have like 300 pokeballs from all my running lol.

Also, I hatched a Digglet today! New pokemon, sweet. It's CP is basically a big WTF?! It is near max on the half-circle thingy, but only like 225ish. What?? It better have 800+ CP when evolved. (I'm level 22 to put it in perspective) lol

My Magikarp is ready! Got over 400 candies and actually found a 95% IV Magikarp with 14/15/14 stats. So sweet. Will likely do another mass evolve soon, though will need more pidgeys before that. Good thing I have like 300 pokeballs from all my running lol.

Also, I hatched a Digglet today! New pokemon, sweet. It's CP is basically a big WTF?! It is near max on the half-circle thingy, but only like 225ish. What?? It better have 800+ CP when evolved. (I'm level 22 to put it in perspective) lol

Dugtrio got the low end of the stick. It sucks. Like I evolved mine and it's like 600 CP.

I've been following a little bit of the Pokémon go dev reddit and it has been fascinating to watch folks coming together to solve the API changes that disabled trackers / pokevision.

Apparently it's similar to something that has not yet been solved for ingress, but since this community is much bigger they've made very fast progress.

Partly this is fascinating because this is a realm where I understand enough to know somewhat what's going on and how difficult it is, but nowhere near the level of knowledge to actually do the work myself, and so it feels a bit mind blowing.

It was weird because I thought the tracker was broken but it was showing a snorlax but we couldn't find it and as we walked away some guy just shouted out that he knew where the Snorlax was and to all follow him as he was 100% sure of it and there it was!

You took pics of it at every screen and everything! Wish you caught it. I mean the fact that you found it is a miracle in the first place. Fuck you Niantic :(

I've been following a little bit of the Pokémon go dev reddit and it has been fascinating to watch folks coming together to solve the API changes that disabled trackers / pokevision.

Apparently it's similar to something that has not yet been solved for ingress, but since this community is much bigger they've made very fast progress.

Partly this is fascinating because this is a realm where I understand enough to know somewhat what's going on and how difficult it is, but nowhere near the level of knowledge to actually do the work myself, and so it feels a bit mind blowing.

I've been following the updates as well and it sounds like they're close to solving the problem? If so, I can't wait.
Until Niantic disables them again.

Dinjooh

I'm curious. How much has everyone spent on the game now?

I just spent an extra $20, which brings me to $50 total. Mainly so I can concentrate on getting more lure modules and just got 25 Incense. Incense have been really good for me, not just for pokemon, but for working out too. Should be able to have that last a month.

Now that I'm working out so much, I don't really need to worry about pokeballs. I currently have like 250+. Though, am in desperate need for potions...

$0 and I'm getting close to lvl 23 now.

The defense force never even hit level 20.

yeah it's weird seeing a level 18/19 player telling a mid 20s player that they are crazy... a mid 20s player probably has like double the other players xp a.k.a. has a greater reference to determine the difference in the patch.

Awayze

Neo Member
Just wasted 14 great balls on a Pidgeot 460cp, it was so far away, I had to swipe right near to the top of my screen to even capture it, so stubborn it escaped 4 times.
All the Pokemon near me suck but I'm only level 13.

Complistic

Just wasted 14 great balls on a Pidgeot 460cp, it was so far away, I had to swipe right near to the top of my screen to even capture it, so stubborn it escaped 4 times.

Not a good use of your pokeballs.

hirokazu

Yet.....my buddy is still spoofed into the city.....catching pokemon on a damn touch screen laptop. Apparently some folks know how to safely fool the damn system

Well it's difficult to do much about it if they're only spoofing in ways that are reasonably possible to travel do in real life. They just need to do something about the blatant teleporters first and then maybe work their way down to scrutinizing these tougher cases. Or if you could snap a photo of spoofers and their usernames in public and send it to them. :p

I wish they'd crack down on people with unrealistically high levels and multiples of the same high CP high-tier Pokémon.

eek5

server_resources.png

Alright, but where's zero? Because I doubt it's the bottom of the picture. Zooming and cropping charts doesn't count without numbers, Niantic. Just sayin'.

This is one of the best charts I've ever seen. They're not trying to be misleading at all. Look at that drop!

edit: they updated it. apparently 2/3rd of requests were by bots and scrapers.. right

Awayze

Neo Member
Not a good use of your pokeballs.
Don't really get any other decent Pokemon nearby, I'm sick of Jynx and Drowzee. Just going to have to rinse the 10 poke stops close together for hours tomorrow.
The time a rare Pokemon does show up, it would be 600m away and without Smart Poke, no chance.

GulAtiCa

I was lv 21 and honestly seemed to get easier to catch Pokemon. Mainly due to no longer needing to do the curve ball.

Obly thing I really noticed honestly was Pokemon jumping around constantly and constantly attacking which was annoying.

hirokazu

It was weird because I thought the tracker was broken but it was showing a snorlax but we couldn't find it and as we walked away some guy just shouted out that he knew where the Snorlax was and to all follow him as he was 100% sure of it and there it was!
One thing that disappoints me with people mad about the scanners being disabled is that they forgot how the game was before the scanners. It's a different sort of game when you don't know the exact location of the Pokémon, but it's still exciting when you find something you wanted.

Of course, people will argue that the Nearby not working is pretty awful, and that's a fair point. I want the Nearby to work too. My gut feeling though, is for a lot of people, it's not relevant whether Nearby works or not, they've been so spoiled by the scanners that they can't play the game without them.

And if that's the way they feel about it, again, fair enough. Nobody's stopping you from quitting, I suppose. The game will continue to evolve based on Niantic's decisions and fan reactions to them, and we'll see where it goes from here.

hirokazu

I was lv 21 and honestly seemed to get easier to catch Pokemon. Mainly due to no longer needing to do the curve ball.

Obly thing I really noticed honestly was Pokemon jumping around constantly and constantly attacking which was annoying.
But curveballs still register with the server and increase catch rate and award XP bonuses?

zroid

Banned

When that happens you should escape and re-engage to reset its positioning

bugs me a lot especially with flying Pokémon

Toki767

So based on that chart, can Niantic turn the footprints back on now since seemingly 2/3 of their server load has decreased?

This is one of the best charts I've ever seen. They're not trying to be misleading at all. Look at that drop!

edit: they updated it. apparently 2/3rd of requests were by bots and scrapers.. right

Yeah, when I posted it there was literally no labels. Guess they saw enough people calling them out. And yet... still no numbering on the axes.

hirokazu

I don't know why you say "bug" sarcastically. Somebody linked to a pretty thorough analysis on Reddit and there was no change in catch rate. The analysis did mention the client was returning values to the server that resulted in it never registering increased catch rate on the server for good throws. This appears to be what Niantic are acknowledging. It is a bug, pure and simple.

Nothing has been changed with the base catch rate or run rate, but given that the catch rate has technically decreased due to it simply not having increased when players expect it to, and the changes in Pokemon position and curveball physics, it definitely feels harder to catch than before.

But the only thing deliberate here are the changes in Pokémon position and curveball physics.

This is really the sort of thing that irks me about a lot of complaints. A lot of conjectures and assumptions about what changes Niantic must've made when they didn't even make those changes.

eek5

So based on that chart, can Niantic turn the footprints back on now since seemingly 2/3 of their server load has decreased?

Gotta launch in more regions first!

Yeah, when I posted it there was literally no labels. Guess they saw enough people calling them out.

Yeah. The one without any labels was pretty funny. It's still misleading without units though. It implies that bots/scrapers accounted for 2/3rds of the queries. That seems insane to me. If that were true they'd be throwing it in our faces to get everyone on their side regarding map/tracker issues.

Finally caught a Dratini worthy of evolving. 15/11/15. Lehgooooo

Edit: Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse...

Can't win them all lol. At least it isn't Twister.

Why does its moves matter if you are evolving it? Everything I've read indicates moves are randomly selected when evolved.

I've seen people speculate that the moves it has dictates the moves it will have when it evolves, but does anyone have any evidence of this? Seen zero correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom